JEE Main 2020 is just around the corner and most of the candidates are trying to speed up their preparation to put on a strong performance in the exam. Therefore, candidates must collect the best JEE Main Study material before preparing for the exam. JEE Main, the premier engineering exam, from 2019, is conducted twice a year online. Hence, JEE Main is among the most competitive examinations after class 12 with nearly 10 lakh applicants every year.
No standard JEE Main Study material is available for preparation. However, a large number of reference books, mock test papers and dedicated preparation portals are out there to help students appearing for this competitive examination. Also, there is no definite path to excel in the JEE Main but if you are a hard worker and your concepts about the concerned subjects are clear then there is no stopping you from acing the exam. Well, the article points out some excellent and easy-to-access Study Material for aiding your preparation for JEE Main.
The best JEE Main study material includes not only text books but also short notes, reference books, mock tests etc. Consequently, students with a sound idea about hand reference material are much more likely to have a strong edge over other students.
Things to Keep in mind While gathering JEE Main Study Material
There are several things that should be in mind when collecting JEE Main study material. Improper planning often leads to confusion and inefficiency. Some of the things are provided below:
Don’t forget to study from the class notes
First, while preparing for JEE Main, make proper class notes as this will boost your preparation. It is also advisable to note down all the important information which you receive in the classroom. If you have been taking coaching for JEE Main then the notes provided by them will be an add-on. Use notes to clear concepts of the foundation subjects. Once the basic concepts are clear, you need to focus on enhancing your knowledge.
Choosing books for JEE Main preparation can be a strenuous task. Candidates often face difficulty in choosing the most appropriate books for them. While choosing the books, students must consider certain things. These include:
- Going for latest editions as they follow the most recent exam pattern.
- Secondly, NCERT textbooks should always be chosen first.
- Next, don’t hoard a lot of books. Be specific.
- Lastly, make sure they contain a lot of solved and unsolved practice papers.
Also Check | Best Books for B.Arch
Previous Year Question Papers
Apart from studying from good reference books, it is also important to regularly solve JEE Main previous year question papers as it will provide you with a better idea about the exact exam pattern of JEE Main. By regularly solving practice papers, one can figure out one’s strong or weak areas and will be able to manage time pretty well.
You can also refer to the online resources to get any kind of information to enhance your knowledge. Numerous tutorials, lectures, important tips, topic-wise preparation, online classes etc. are available on the Internet. You can get all the information you require just at the comfort of sitting at your home. There are numerous sites from where you can clear your doubts and prepare well for JEE Main 2020.
Online Test Series
After completing the entire JEE Main syllabus it is advisable to solve plenty of mock tests as it will help you to regularly practice the new type of questions. Various coaching centers offer All India Test Series which helps you make aware where you stand in terms of competition. You can also subscribe to online test series and solve the section as per your need.
Due to the vast syllabus, it is often difficult to remember everything in one go. So, you are advised to prepare a formulae handbook as it will help you to quickly revise the things from time to time. Before entering the exam hall, you can just refer to the list of important formulae from the handbook. It might help you a lot.
Revision with Short Notes
While preparing for JEE Main or any other examination, it is always advisable to prepare short notes. You can prepare short notes which comprise important formulae, a small description of the important topics and the other important information that you might require for quick revision. Short notes are very helpful at the time of the last days of examination.
So, you are advised to follow the advice mentioned in the article to succeed in the JEE Main examination. It’s definitely your hard work and subject knowledge which will help you in cracking the examination. But, don’t forget to study from good and standard reference books and practice ample sample papers.
JEE Main Study Material – Important Books
One of the most important steps while preparing for JEE Main involves studying from a good reference book. Now, the next question that comes to your mind will be which books to study from? The list of best books for JEE Main preparation is given below.
Physics Important Books
|Concepts of Physics-Part I||HC Verma|
|Concepts of Physics- Part II||HC Verma|
|Physics Practice Book for JEE Main and Advanced||DC Pandey|
|Problems in General Physics||I.E. Irodov|
|Physics for JEE (Main and Advanced) – Vol 1 and Vol 2||Resnick, Halliday, Walker|
Chemistry Important Books
|Organic Chemistry||Robert T. Morrison and Robert N. Boyd|
|Concepts of Organic Chemistry||O.P. Tandon|
|Modern Approach to Chemical Calculations||R.C. Mukherjee|
|GRB Numerical Chemistry||P. Bahadur|
|Concise Inorganic Chemistry||J.D. Lee|
Mathematics Important Books
|IIT Mathematics||M.L. Khanna|
|Degree Level Differential Calculus||A Das Gupta|
|Mathematics for Class 11 and 12||R.D. Sharma|
|Objective Mathematics for JEE||R.D. Sharma|
|Problems in Calculus of One Variable||I.A. Maron|
|Higher Algebra||Hall and Knight|
How to Prepare Notes for JEE Main 2020?
Study notes are the best preparation source for all the JEE Main 2020 aspirants. They help you in giving you a quick recap of the entire syllabus. Properly preparing the notes is very important. Your notes will end up being of no use if they are too short or too long. Good notes should be:
- Compact and easy to understand.
- Neat and tidy.
- Must be precise and structured
- Must include important formulae, tricks and shortcuts.
Following are the few tips on how to make your revision notes for JEE Main 2020.
Make your notes
It is always advisable to never copy or borrow notes. Others may prepare their notes from a different approach and as per their own need and understanding. Your notes should be customized according to your own need. Additionally, preparing your notes will help you get a better hold of the subject.
Keep everything handy
Try making notes on loose sheets and put them together in a file in an arranged manner. This will help you revise everything properly before the exam.
Avoid making notes in the first reading
Candidates try marking the important points in the first reading of the chapter. Unaware of what’s actually important, they end up highlighting most of the chapter. This will not benefit them in the long run. In the first reading, students should only focus on understanding the concepts. Notes should be prepared in the second or third reading.
Highlight the crucial points
Make your own legend as per your own choice. Pick different coloured highlighters for marking different things. For example, you can mark the concepts in yellow and important formulas in red.
Use Sticky Notes
JEE Main syllabus is deep-sea and is not something that can be achieved overnight. There can be numerous weeks of gap before you come back to the same chapter. In such a case, retaining everything that you have read is absolutely impossible. This is where sticky notes help. You can simply jot down important pointers on these notes and stick it on the corner of relevant pages. It will help you recall everything.
Make a note of your mistakes as well
When you try solving JEE Main Mock Tests and Previous year Papers, you may come across questions that you may have difficulty with. Keep a track of these questions in your notes. Take a quick glance at these questions before the exam and avoid facing any difficulty in the question paper.
Free Video Lectures for JEE Main 2020 Aspirants
NTA has come up with a great initiative of offering free content-based video lectures at their official website to help the aspirants score well in their exams. Moreover, these video lectures are formulated by IIT experts. The initiative aims to prepare the candidates for the graduate-level engineering exam especially for those who can’t afford coaching institutes.
As there are only 2 months left for JEE Main exams, students make the best use of these videos. These videos will help them in revising well and clearing the doubts.
How to Access these Video Lectures
These video lectures can be accessed using the following steps:
- Visit the official website.
- Click on the “Students” tab.
- Click on the link “Video lectures by [IIT Pal]”.
- You will be directed to the page containing the name of different subjects.
- Choose the video lecture by clicking on the subject.
Mathematics Video Lectures
Preparations for mathematics include understanding the concepts and a lot of practice. The video lectures provided by NTA will help you get all your doubts cleared related to all the topics in Mathematics. Additionally, these videos contain a discussion of a number of problems and solutions from each of the topics.
Physics Video Lectures
Physics is considered a tough subject too when it comes to JEE Main Preparation. Students find themselves in crossroads due to a lack of clarity in concepts. These videos formulated by NTA will help them clear their concepts of Physics from basic to the advanced level.
Chemistry Video Lectures
The chemistry section can be a treat for you only if you’re well aware of the basic concepts especially in relation to reaction mechanism, the structure of compounds and exceptions in the periodic table. These videos can turn out to be extremely useful in strengthening these concepts.
Android apps for JEE Main 2020 Preparation
We live in a generation where everything can be accessed with just a touch on the screen. Learning is no exception to this boon. JEE Main aspirants can make use of a number of apps available in their preparations. These apps have a lot of benefits:
- Cost-effective and economical.
- Easy to access.
Although, it is advisable not to make them a sole source of preparation. Students are advised to use them as supplements to the preparation books.
Following are the top Android Apps for JEE Exam Preparation.
Unacademy Learning App
The app is one of the largest learning platforms in India. There are a lot of free lectures on various subjects available directly from exam toppers. The lectures are absolutely free. It also provides you with an opportunity to interact with educators through the comment section. The app not only caters to the need for JEE MAIN preparations but also offers preparation aid for various other medical, engineering, and state-level competitive exams.
The app is one of the highest-rated among the apps for JEE Main 2020 Preparation. It offers a comprehensive learning solution for students who are preparing for JEE MAINS and other competitive exams like NEET, AIIMS, and JIMPER, etc. Most important feature of the app is its organized and structured learning resources and personalized preparation interface. The app also lets you set your learning goals and achieve them in a stipulated time frame.
JEE Mains, AIEEE & JEE Advanced
The application is a plethora of all previous year question papers of JEE MAIN/AIEEE and their solutions. It covers question papers of the past twelve years with solutions. Keeping in mind the importance of the Previous Year Papers for JEE Main preparation, the app also provides you a real opportunity to test your preparations matching it with the JEE Standards.
|Developer||DigiBook Technologies Pvt Ltd|
Smart Test: IIT JEE Main Exam
As the name suggests the app is best suited to make your JEE Main preparations smart and effective. It provides you with an interactive learning experience. You can test yourself and know your preparation level by taking in tests in the form of quizzes. The question covered under these quizzes is from different sources like NCERTs, JEE Previous Papers, and Mock papers’. Thus the app covers a wide variety of questions that can be asked in JEE Main.
JEE Main 2020 Exam Preparation
The app offers you easy access to exam syllabus, free model papers, previous year question papers and exam pattern in a very structured manner. The information provided in the application will save a lot of time that is wasted in data collection from various sources. Thus, you can browse less and focus more on your preparations.
|Developer||Forward Brain Solutions Pvt. Ltd.|
JEE Main Prep
The app provides you with an overview of the entire preparation cycle. You can find complete syllabus based section wise mock tests that cover all the three subjects – Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry. The tests are cost-free and can be taken at any point of time. The app also offers question banks for all the three subjects so that you get enough practice for each subject.
IIT JEE Preparations and Coaching
The app is a one stop guide for students who are looking to prepare for the exam right from the beginning. It offers live classes from subject experts to help students develop a better understanding of the concepts of various subjects. Also, the study materials provided are of good quality and will only strengthen your preparation. The app allows you to track the progress of your learning and analyze and track those gray areas which require more attention.
We all know that revision is the most important part of any exam’s preparation. The app understands this and thus offers you the collection of all those formulas, equations, theorems and postulates that form a core back while solving questions in the exam. This will save a good bit of time that is otherwise exhausted in making notes of these formulas.
IIT JEE Formulae & Notes
The app is completely cost-free and offers you an opportunity to learn & revise important theorems, formulae, and equations that are crucial for solving questions in the exam. The app aids you with your revision. IIT JEE Formulae & Notes is a one stop solution for the entire static portion related to the exam. The user-friendly interface, short and crisp notes, pointwise format, illustrative explanations, and compatibility make the app a good choice to opt for.
JEE Main Online Study Material
There is a lot of online study material available for JEE main Aspirants online. Some of these materials are absolutely free while for some, students need to pay an amount. Few of the sources are mentioned below:
- Free IIT Coaching: This a portal devised for aiding JEE Main Aspirants. Here, you’ll find all the materials required for JEE Main Preparations.
- Check Toppers Interview: Toppers’ interviews available on the internet can be very helpful in staying pumped up while preparing for JEE Main.
- Teko Classes: Teko classes provide study material classified by topics of all the subjects for IIT JEE preparation. This is absolutely free of cost. The students can also see the video lectures that are available on the website.
- NDLI Website: The National Digital Library of India is a repository of study material and information. Visit the NDLI website i.e. ndl.gov.in for topic wise tutorials and practice questions free of cost.
Best Online Coaching Portals for JEE Main
Online learning has grown rapidly over the years. Here are some of the online coaching portals that can help you with your JEE Main Preparations:
- Detailed videos based on the current JEE Main 2020 pattern.
- Video Access 24/7.
- Student-friendly teaching environment.
- Experienced Faculty.
- Material available online or in the hard drive.
- Video lectures from basic to advanced level.
- More than 1000 chapter-wise Online Test series with more than 50,000 questions.
- Material available online or in the hard drive, USB, etc.
Fees: INR 16,500
- Materials explaining all the basic concepts.
- Classroom videos and All India Test Series available.
- Useful Techniques to solve the answers quickly.
- Course valid for 2 years
- Trial week available.
Fees: INR 30,000
- Practice questions available after every chapter.
- More than 75000 questions with different difficulty levels with video solutions.
- Material can be accessed on the application round the clock.
- Benchmark test to compare individual’s performance with previous JEE toppers.
Fees: INR 11,300.
- Video Lectures of more than 1500 hours.
- Active platform for Doubt-clearing.
- More than 200 e-books, chapter tests, All India Aakash Test series Available.
- Free Online trial is available.
Fees: 30,000 – 40,000 INR
Preparation Tips for JEE Main 2020
- Understanding core concepts: Candidates should have their concepts crystal clear if they intend to crack JEE Main 2020 examination with flying colours. Candidates must start from scratch and study the basic concepts very thoroughly. Understanding the concepts makes your preparation more effective and helps you save time.
- Understanding the exam pattern: According to the new JEE Main 2020 Exam Pattern, the exam now will be conducted in three papers, B.E. / B.Tech, B.Arch and B.Planning. Paper 1 comprises a total of 75 questions on Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Each section will have 25 questions – 20 MCQs and 5 numerical-value questions. Paper 2 comprises a total of 77 questions divided into three sections – Mathematics, Aptitude and Drawing test. Paper 3 comprises a total of 100 questions.
- Maintain a study schedule: Covering such a ginormous syllabus is not an easy task, especially when you have to cope with an equally important board examination simultaneously. Therefore, it is very important to prepare a study schedule. JEE Main toppers scoring 100 percentile have also emphasized on the importance of maintaining a study schedule.
- Time management: An appropriate time management will help the candidates balance their JEE Main and Board Preparations and routine activities as well.
- Imbibing confidence: It is very natural for a student to feel anxious and pressurized from time to time. Don’t get caught up by complex topics. Just deviate all your concentration towards understanding the concepts and not the results of your performance.
- Devising a smart preparation plan: Prepare flashcards and cheat sheets to revise the formulae. It’s more important to focus on how you are studying rather than how much you are studying.
Following a smart and practical approach will always help you in finishing the syllabus on time.