NTA has scraped the slot booking process. As per the new system, JEE Main slot booking process will be conducted by NTA and candidates will not have the leisure to select their slot. NTA (National Testing Agency), the new exam conducting authority is responsible for allotting the date, shift, and timing. Allotment will be done by NTA using computer software on a random basis for successful applicants. Check JEE Main 2020 Exam Centers List
The slot booking for JEE Main comprising of date and shift booking is an important aspect of all students who are appearing for JEE Main 2020. However, as per reports, NTA has brought about few changes. The examination will now be conducted in two shifts and 8 settings. Furthermore, the Mains will be conducted in two sessions (i.e. in January and April).
The date and time shift for both Paper I and Paper II will be mentioned on the admit card. Many students expected to have the advantage of slot booking but NTA due to logistics and other reasons seems to have revoked the facility.
JEE or Joint Engineering Entrance Mains is one of the most difficult entrance examination conducted for students who aspire to pursue Engineering (B.E./ B.Tech) or Architecture (B.Plan/ B.Arch) in the future. It is one of the important examinations which deems eligibility of candidates seeking admission in top IITs across the country. The examination comprises of two papers. The paper I that deals with Engineering and Paper II is for Architecture.
Notification by NTA
JEE Main examination has brought about important changes in aspects of conduction of examinations and the slot allotments. The examination will now be conducted in 8 settings and candidates will be required to book their shift. According to reports published, the Paper I for Engineering will be conducted in two shift timings one in the morning and other in the evening whereas the Paper II for Architecture will be conducted in the first shift i.e. Morning shift only.
Some of the other details mentioned in the notification are as follows:
- Paper 1 will be for engineering students, aspiring to pursue B.E./B.Tech.
- It will comprise of questions from Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry.
- The Paper 1 will be conducted on online mode only.
- The schedule will be conducted in two shifts which will be from 9.30 – 12.30 and 2.30 – 5.30.
- Paper 2 will be for Architecture students who aspire to take up B.Plan/ B.Arch.
- It will comprise of questions from Mathematics, Aptitude Test and Drawings.
- The Mathematics exam and Aptitude Test for Paper II will be conducted through online mode, whereas the Drawing Test will be conducted Offline (pen and paper mode).
- Paper 2 will be conducted only during the 1st shift i.e. 9.30 – 12.30
Notification of dates
The application form for JEE Main 2020 is available from February 7, 2020. The for registration closes on March 7, 2020. Candidates are advised to apply early as soon as the process commences on the official website of National Testing Agency (NTA).
The NTA will allocate slots to candidates which will be based on “First come, First serve” basis. The candidate can choose a slot for the exam at the time of filling the application, however, the final decision of the slot will be done by NTA that will be selected randomly through a computerized process.
The final date and time slot along with allotted centre of examination will be printed on JEE Main Admit Card.
Steps to Download JEE Main Admit Card 2020
JEE Main 2020 Admit Card for Phase II is scheduled for release on March 17, 2020. Candidates can download from the official site of NTA. Note that the admit card will be issued for successful applicants. Here are the steps to download admit card successfully:
- Go to the official website of National Testing Agency on www.nta.ac.in Or Go to the official website of JEE at www.jeemain.nic.in
- Click on “Admit Card for JEE Main 2020” link
- Enter JEE Main 2020 Application Number and Password along with security pin.
- Click on the submit button
- Admit Card is displayed in your browser.
- Check for all the details printed on the card and in case of any discrepancy, report to the authorities immediately.
- Finally, download the card in your system and take multiple printouts of the same for future purposes.