Last updated on July 4th, 2020 at 08:36 am
NTA has scraped the slot booking process. As per the new system, NTA will conduct the JEE Main slot booking process at their own convenience. Candidates will not have the leisure to select their slot. Meanwhile, BITSAT and VITEEE Exams will still continue with their slot booking process. The NTA (National Testing Agency) will be allotting the date, shift, and timing. They will randomly allocate the slots for registered candidates. NTA will conduct the allotment using computer software on a random basis. The allotment will begin after the closure of application date. As per the situation, allotment shall begin a few days before the release of JEE Main Admit Cards, but is only revealed in the same.
The slot booking for JEE Main comprising of date and shift booking is an important aspect of all students appearing for JEE Main 2020. However, as per reports, the JEE Main has brought about few changes. The authority will conduct the examination in two shifts and 8 sessions. Furthermore, they will conduct JEE Main in two sessions (i.e. in January and April).
The date and time shift for both Paper I and Paper II will be on JEE Main Admit Card. Admit cards will be available 15 days prior to the exam. Many students expected to have the advantage of slot booking but NTA due to logistics and other reasons seems to have revoked the facility.
About JEE Main
JEE or Joint Engineering Entrance (Main) Exam is one of the most difficult entrance examination. It is conducted for students who aspire to pursue Engineering (B.E./ B.Tech) or Architecture (B.Plan/ B.Arch) in the future. It is one of the most important exams which deems eligibility of candidates seeking admission in top IITs across the country. The examination comprises of two papers. The paper I that deals with Engineering and Paper II is for Architecture.
Notification by NTA on JEE Main Slot Booking
JEE Main examination has brought about important changes. These changes are in aspect of conduction of examinations and the JEE Main slot booking. NTA will conduct the exam in 8 shifts and candidates will have to book their shift. According to reports published, the Paper I for Engineering will be in two shift timings one in the morning and other in the evening whereas the Paper II for Architecture will be in the first shift i.e. Morning shift only.
Latest News Updates
- Key Takeaways From Education Minister’s Webinar On JEE Main 2021 Examination
- JEE Main 2021: Live Session With Education Minister Extended To December 10th
- Uttarakhand Government To Provide Free Coaching Classes For JEE Aspirants
- JEE Main 2021: Mr Ramesh Pokhriyal Directs NTA to Draft a Fresh Syllabus
- JEE Main 2021 Delayed Till February, JEE Advanced 2021 Syllabus Being Reviewed
Some of the other details mentioned in the notification for JEE Main Slot Booking
- To begin with, Paper 1 is for engineering students, aspiring to pursue B.E./B.Tech.
- It comprises of questions from Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry.
- Also, the Paper 1 is conducted online and offline.
- Secondly, Paper 2 will be for Architecture students who aspire to take up B.Arch.
- It will comprise of questions from Mathematics, Aptitude Test and Drawings.
- Candidates will take Mathematics exam and Aptitude Test for Paper II through online mode. Whereas, they will take the Drawing Test offline (pen and paper mode).
- Paper 2 will be conducted only during the 1st shift i.e. 9.30 – 12.30
- Now, Paper 3 will be in online mode only.
- Paper 3 is conducting for aspirants to pursue B.Plan.
- It will comprise of questions from Mathematics, Aptitude Test and Planning based.
Check JEE Main Exam Pattern
JEE Main Slot Booking: Notification of Dates
The application form for JEE Main 2020 is available from February 7, 2020 for April session (now, September). NTA will conduct the exam from 1st September, 2020 – 6th September, 2020. Candidates are advised to apply early as soon as the process commences on the official website of National Testing Agency (NTA).
The NTA will allocate slots to candidates on the basis “First come, First serve” basis. The candidate can choose a slot for the exam at the time of filling the application, however, the final decision of the slot will be by NTA. They will select the slot randomly through a computerized process.
The final date and time of JEE Main slot booking along with allotted centre of examination will be printed on JEE Main Admit Card.
Also Check JEE Main Exam Dates
Steps to Download JEE Main Admit Card 2020
JEE Main 2020 Admit Card for Phase II will release 15 days prior to the examination. Candidates can download Admit Card from the official site of NTA. Note that the authority will issue the admit card only to successfully registered applicants. Here are the steps to download admit card successfully:
- First, go to the official website of National Testing Agency on www.nta.ac.in or Go to the official website of JEE at www.jeemain.nic.in
- Second, click on “Admit Card for JEE Main 2020” link
- Then, enter JEE Main 2020 Application Number and Password along with security pin.
- After that, click on the submit button.
- Now, the JEE Main Admit Card will show in your browser.
- Make sure that you check for all the details printed on the card. In case of any discrepancy, report to the authorities immediately.
- Finally, download the card in your system and take adequate print-outs of the same for future purposes.