Last updated on August 24th, 2021
JEE had always remained among the most desired examinations for aspirants trying to enter top engineering colleges by cracking the examination with good ranks. JEE Main 2021 will be conducted in 4 sessions in February, March, April and May 2021.
- JEE Main registration form 2021 has been released on the official website of NTA. Apply Now for JEE Main 2021
- JEE Main 2021 exam will be conducted from February 23 to 26, 2020.
- It will be conducted in multiple shifts – February, March, April and May 2021.
- JEE Main 2021 will be held in 13 languages.
- The JEE Main exam pattern has also changed for 2021. Now, there will be 10 Numerical questions instead of 5, in each section. However, any 5 will only have to be attempted.
- Candidates can apply for one session or more than one session of JEE Main and pay the fees accordingly.
There are several strides to follow before taking up the JEE main examination, application filling persists as a major process. JEE Main Application form filling is an assortment of the various procedures where JEE Main registration fee payment for the examination tops the list.
JEE Main Registrations 2021
The prerequisites for filling JEE Main Application Form are as follows
- Academic details (mark sheet, transfer certificate, etc.) of class 10th and 12th.
- Adhaar card is most advised as the enrolment number of the adhaar card is enough.
- Candidates are instructed to have scanned images of passport/voter ID/any valid government ID.
- A valid and currently functioning email ID and phone number are a must.
JEE Main January session has been postponed to February. Important dates to keep note of for JEE main examination taking place in the month of February 2021 are:
- Application correction window: Any correction in the application such as personal details, academic details, scanned images can be corrected and rectified during the time period which will be notified by NTA soon.
- Admit card: JEE Main Admit cards of candidates who have applied for February session are expected to be released during the 1st week of February.
- Dates of examination: New dates for the JEE main examination are announced to be from 23rd February 2021 to 26th February 2021.
- Results of the examination: The dates for JEE Main 2021 result will be notified on the NTA website soon.
|Application Form Filling Date||16th December 2020- 16th January 2021|
|Last Date for Payment of Registration Fee||17th January 2021|
|Application correction window||19th January – 21st January 2021|
|Release of admit card||1st week of February|
|New examination dates||23rd February 2021 to 26th February 2021|
|Results of the examination||1st week of March 2021 (tentative)|
JEE Main 2021 Registration Fee – Summed Up
|Centre opted by the candidate||Number of Papers Appearing||Amount payable by the candidate|
|In India||–||General, General-EWS, OBC and Male||SC, ST, PWD, transgender & Female|
|Single paper||650 INR||325 INR|
|Two or Three Papers||1300 INR||650 INR|
|Outside India||Single paper||3000 INR||1500 INR|
|Two or Three Papers||6000 INR||3000 INR|
Detailed JEE Main Registration Fee 2021 (Examination Centers in India)
JEE Main Registration fee details for the exam centers in India are as follows. Candidates must keep in mind that fees once paid will not be refunded. However, it can be carried forward to the next session of JEE Main 2021.
For General/OBC/Gen-EWS categories
- For a male candidate taking up only one paper such as BE/B.Tech or B.Arch or B.Planning, the payable amount is INR 650 whereas it is reduced to INR 325 for girls applying the form.
- JEE Main registration fee for a male taking up more than one paper such as BE/B.Tech and B.Arch or BE/B Tech and B.Planning or BE/B.Tech, B.Arch and B.Planning or B.Arch and B.Planning is INR 1300 and for a girl registering for the same is INR 650.
For SC/ST/PWD/Transgender/Female categories
- The registration fee for both female and male candidates taking up anyone paper such as BE/B. Tech or B.Arch or B.Planning is INR 325.
- A candidate registering to take up more than one paper such as BE/B.Tech and B.Arch or BE/B.Tech and B.Arch or BE/B.Tech, B.Arch and B.Planning or B.Arch and B.Planning has to pay INR 650.
JEE Main Registration Fee in Detail for Centers in Countries Except for India
JEE Main Registration fee details for centers in countries except for India is mentioned in the section below
For General/OBC/EWS categories
- The JEE Main registration fee for a male candidate taking up any one exam from BE/B.Tech or B.Arch or B.Planning is INR 3000, whereas for a girl candidate it is reduced up to INR 1500.
- For a male candidate applying to write more than one paper such as BE/B.Tech and B.Arch or B.Arch and B.Planning or BE, B.Arch and B.Planning, the registration fee is INR 6000, the fee for a girl applying for the same is INR 3000.
- The JEE Main registration fee for both male and female candidates taking up more than one paper is fixed to INR 1500.
- For a candidate(male and female) taking up more for than one paper is INR 3000.
JEE Main Registration Fee – Steps to follow before proceeding with the payment process:
Step 1: Before starting with the payment process, candidates are advised to fill in their contact details, personal details and choose a password for themselves.
Step 2: Personal details that are needed to be filled by candidates are state code, nationality, annual income and occupation of parents, eligibility, preferred exam center, medium of question paper, etc.
Step 3: Uploading of scanned images of candidate’s recent passport-sized photo and signature.
Step 4: Start with the payment process.
JEE Main Registration Fee – Mode of payment
- A candidate applying for the exam exam can pay the JEE Main registration fee online since there’s no way possible to make use of offline mode.
- A candidate can benefit from the online payment method and pay their registration fee by using a Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking/UPI.
- The registration fee for the year 2021 is the same as 2020.
JEE Main – Common Service Centres (CSCs):
Aspirants from very remote area with no proper facilities at home and for those who are not so well-bred with the online process of filling, can take-up the helping centres set up by the ministry of electronics and Information Technology(Government of India
Candidates can take up the help of such centres with few varying accordingly, such as:
- For a candidate preparing an email, uploading of scanned images, submission of the application form and taking a printout till the fee payment costs INR 55/+GST.
- Candidates who strive to upload only scanned images will have to pay INR 10/+GST.
- INR 0.5/+GST is the cost for candidates who use online payment services.
- Downloading of admit card/ answer key/ OMR answer sheet will be charged INR 10/+GST.
- Changes for Taking a printout of per page will be INR 5/+GST.
Candidates are advised to select their preferred payment gateway for the payment of Registration fee among:
- SBI MOPS (debit card, credit card, net banking)
- Syndicate bank payment gateway (debit card, credit card, net banking)
- HDFC bank payment gateway (debit card, credit card, net banking)
- Paytm payment gateway.
Latest JEE Main News
- Predict College or Courses Using Your JEE Main Rank
- JEE Main 2021 Result for Phase 4 Released, 18 Students Secured AIR 1
- JEE Advanced 2021 Registration Starts from September 15. Register Here
- JEE Advanced 2021: New Guidelines Released, Qualified Candidates Of Last Year Can Appear Without JEE Main 2021
JEE Main Registration Fee – Applied charges for transaction
There are certain charges levied while making payments online. Let us see the details for that.
- For candidates choosing ICICI bank as their payment gateway, he/she will be charged with 0% till INR 2000. In case, if the payment is above INR 2000, the candidate will be charged with 0.5% with inclusion of GST.
- Candidates opting HDFC bank as their payment gateway, there would be no payment charges for the transaction below or above INR 2000/.
- Syndicate bank detects no charge for transaction.
- For a candidate choosing paytm mode, there would be no charge for below INR 2000/. Whereas, 0.8% with inclusion of GST will be charged for payments above INR 2000/.
- For candidates who have chosen ICICI, HDFC, syndicate bank or paytm in domestic, the charge would be 0.40% of fee + GST while state bank of India charges 0.80% of fee with added GST of minimum INR 11/.
- For candidates preferring International cards, 2.35 % of transaction is being charged by ICICI and syndicate banks, no charge has been detected by HDFC bank, 3.50 % of fee + GST is being charged by SBI while 1.5% of fee with inclusion of GST by paytm.
Unified Payment Interface:
- For payment of JEE Main Registration fee INR 2000 using ICICI bank, the charge is 0% whereas 5% of fee would be charged for payments above INR 2000/.
- No charge would be detected when the payment is done using a card of HDFC bank.
- For payment of fee INR 2000 done using paytm, 0% change would be detected while 0.65% + GST would be detected for payments above INR 2000.
How to track the status of online payment?
- Once the candidate is done filling all the required details and payment details, he/she can go forward by clicking on the ‘payment’ option.
- A confirmation text to the registered mobile number is expected if the payment is successful.
- All the candidates are advised to download and take a print out of the confirmation page for future references.
- In case, if the payment status has not been confirmed, the candidate will have to pay the fee again. However, the previously detected amount would be transacted to the respective account in the due date of next 7 days.
Junctures to remember before proceeding with the online payment of JEE Main Registration Fee
- The validity of the debit/credit card is mandatory for the candidates to keep note of.
- Candidates are advised to be ready with their cards used for registration before starting the process.
- All requested details are crucial and compulsory for candidates to fill.
- When the payment is done using net banking, candidates are solicited to check their balance and keep all the credentials ready.
Variation in the Registration Fee: Fee would vary accordingly based on-
- Number of papers opted by the candidate.
- Social category the candidate belonging to.
- Gender/sex of the candidate.
- Exam centres preferred(India/overseas)
Payment can be done by the candidate just while applying or later by logging in with the application details.
Last updated on December 22nd, 2020
Answer: the first session of JEE Main 2021 will be conducted from 23rd February 2021 to 26th February 2021.
Last updated on December 22nd, 2020
Answer: Yes, the registration fee varies for different categories.
Last updated on December 22nd, 2020
Answer: JEE Main 2021 results will be released in March 2021, 5 days after the last date of exam.