JEE had always remained among the most desired examinations for aspirants trying to enter top engineering colleges by cracking the examination with good ranks. JEE main examination is being conducted twice a year usually falling in the month of January and April but 2020 has been a tough year so far also resulting in postponement of several examinations including the JEE Main April session which was due happening in the month of April to 1st week of September. There are several strides to follow before taking up the JEE main examination, application filling persists as a major process. JEE Main Application form filling is an assortment of the various procedures where JEE Main registration fee payment for the examination tops the list. JEE main examination which was dated for the month of April has been postponed and 1st of September to 6th of September. Candidates who had failed to take up the examination in January or candidates accommodating to take up the exam again are also enabled to appear for the exam.
JEE Main Registration
The prerequisites for filling JEE Main Application Form are as follows
- Academic details (mark sheet, transfer certificate, etc.) of class 10th and 12th.
- Adhaar card is most advised as the enrolment number of the adhaar card is enough.
- Candidates are instructed to have scanned images of passport/voter ID/any valid government ID.
- A valid and currently functioning email ID and phone number are a must.
JEE Main due happening in the month of April had further been postponed to September. Important dates to keep note of for JEE main examination taking place in the month of September are:
- Application correction window: Any correction in the application such as personal details, academic details, scanned images can be corrected and rectified during the time period dated between 04th July 2020 to 15th July 2020.
- Admit card: JEE Main Admit cards of candidates applied for July session are expected to be released during the 3rd week of August.
- Dates of examination: New dates for the JEE main examination are announced to be from 01st of September to 06th of September.
- Results of the examination: The recently updated dates for JEE Advanced are scheduled on 27th September. Hence, the results of JEE main are expected during the 3rd week of September.
|Application correction window||04th July to 20th July 2020|
|Release of admit card||3rd week of August|
|New examination dates||From the 01st of September to 06th of September.|
|Results of the examination||3rd week of September|
JEE Main Registration Fee in detail for Examination Centers in India
JEE Main Registration fee details for the exam centers in India are as follows.
For general/OBC/EWS categories
- For a male candidate taking up only one paper such as BE/B.Tech or B.Arch or B.Planning, the payable amount is INR 650 whereas it is reduced to INR 325 for girls applying the form.
- JEE Main registration fee for a male taking up more than one paper such as BE/B.Tech and B.Arch or BE/B Tech and B.Planning or BE/B.Tech, B.Arch and B.Planning or B.Arch and B.Planning is INR 1300 and for a girl registering for the same is INR 650.
For candidates falling under SC/ST/PWD/Transgender categories
- The registration fee for both female and male candidates taking up anyone paper such as BE/B. Tech or B.Arch or B.Planning is INR 325.
- A candidate registering to take up more than one paper such as BE/B.Tech and B.Arch or BE/B.Tech and B.Arch or BE/B.Tech, B.Arch and B.Planning or B.Arch and B.Planning has to pay INR 650.
JEE Main Registration Fee in Detail for Centers in Countries Except for India
JEE Main Registration fee details for centers in countries except for India is mentioned in the section below
For General/OBC/EWS categories
- The JEE Main registration fee for a male candidate taking up any one exam from BE/B.Tech or B.Arch or B.Planning is INR 3000, whereas for a girl candidate it is reduced up to INR 1500.
- For a male candidate applying to write more than one paper such as BE/B.Tech and B.Arch or B.Arch and B.Planning or BE, B.Arch and B.Planning, the registration fee is INR6000, the fee for a girl applying for the same is INR 3000.
- The JEE Main registration fee for both male and female candidates taking up more than one paper is fixed to INR 1500.
- For a candidate(male and female) taking up more for than one paper is INR 3000/.
Must Check |JEE Main Form Correction Facility
JEE Main Registration Fee – Summed Up
|Centre opted by the candidate||Number of Papers Appearing||Amount payable by the candidate|
|In India||–||Candidates of General, General-EWS, OBC and Male||Candidates of SC, ST, PWD, transgender & girls|
|Single paper||650 INR||325 INR|
|B.E./B.Tech and B. Arch or B.E./B.Tech and B. Planning or B.E./B.Tech, B. Arch and B.Planning or B.Arch and B.Planning||1300 INR||650 INR|
|Abroad||Single paper||3000 INR||1500 INR|
|B.E./B.Tech and B. Arch or B.E./B.Tech and B. Planning or B.E./B.Tech, B. Arch and B.Planning or B.Arch and B.Planning||6000 INR||3000 INR|
Also Check | Fees and other Information for IITs in India
JEE Main Registration Fee – Steps to follow before proceeding with the payment process:
Step 1: Before starting with the payment process, candidates are advised to fill in their contact details, personal details and choose a password for themselves.
Step 2: Personal details that are needed to be filled by candidates are state code, nationality, annual income and occupation of parents, eligibility, preferred exam center, medium of question paper, etc.
Step 3: Uploading of scanned images of candidate’s recent passport-sized photo and signature.
Step 4: Start with the payment process.
Must Read | How to score 250+ in JEE Main
Latest News Updates
- JEE Main 2021: Mr Ramesh Pokhriyal Directs NTA to Draft a Fresh Syllabus
- JEE Main 2021 Delayed Till February, JEE Advanced 2021 Syllabus Being Reviewed
- JAC Delhi 2020 Counselling: Seat Allotment Result For Round 3 Declared
- IIT Kharagpur Will Conduct JEE Advanced 2021
- CSAB 2020 Special Rounds Counselling Schedule Released
JEE Main Registration Fee – Mode of payment
- A candidate applying for the exam can pay the registration fee online since there’s no way possible to make use of offline mode.
- A candidate can benefit from the online payment method and pay their registration fee by using a credit card/debit card/Paytm/UPI.
- The registration fee for the year 2020 has been increased a bit.
- The national testing agency has formulated slight changes in the payment mode by the addition of Paytm.
JEE Main – Common Service Centres (CSCs):
For aspirants from very remote area with no proper facilities at home and for those who are not so well-bred with the online process of filling, can take-up the helping centres set up by the ministry of electronics and Information Technology(Government of India
Candidates can take up the help of such centres with few varying accordingly, such as:
- For a candidate preparing an email, uploading of scanned images, submission of the application form and taking a printout till the fee payment costs INR 55/+GST.
- Candidates who strive to upload only scanned images will have to pay INR 10/+GST.
- INR 0.5/+GST is the cost for candidates who use online payment services.
- Downloading of admit card/ answer key/ OMR answer sheet will be charged INR 10/+GST.
- Changes for Taking a printout of per page will be INR 5/+GST.
Read Here | Career Options after JEE Main
Candidates are advised to select their preferred payment gateway for the payment of Registration fee among:
- SBI MOPS (debit card, credit card, net banking)
- Syndicate bank payment gateway (debit card, credit card, net banking)
- HDFC bank payment gateway (debit card, credit card, net banking)
- Paytm payment gateway.
JEE Main Registration Fee – Applied charges for transaction
There are certain charges levied while making payments online. Let us see the details for that.
- For candidates choosing ICICI bank as their payment gateway, he/she will be charged with 0% till INR 2000. In case, if the payment is above INR 2000, the candidate will be charged with 0.5% with inclusion of GST.
- Candidates opting HDFC bank as their payment gateway, there would be no payment charges for the transaction below or above INR 2000/.
- Syndicate bank detects no charge for transaction.
- For a candidate choosing paytm mode, there would be no charge for below INR 2000/. Whereas, 0.8% with inclusion of GST will be charged for payments above INR 2000/.
- For candidates who have chosen ICICI, HDFC, syndicate bank or paytm in domestic, the charge would be 0.40% of fee + GST while state bank of India charges 0.80% of fee with added GST of minimum INR 11/.
- For candidates preferring International cards, 2.35 % of transaction is being charged by ICICI and syndicate banks, no charge has been detected by HDFC bank, 3.50 % of fee + GST is being charged by SBI while 1.5% of fee with inclusion of GST by paytm.
Unified Payment Interface:
- For payment of JEE Main Registration fee INR 2000 using ICICI bank, the charge is 0% whereas 5% of fee would be charged for payments above INR 2000/.
- No charge would be detected when the payment is done using a card of HDFC bank.
- For payment of fee INR 2000 done using paytm, 0% change would be detected while 0.65% + GST would be detected for payments above INR 2000.
How to track the status of online payment?
- Once the candidate is done filling all the required details and payment details, he/she can go forward by clicking on the ‘payment’ option.
- A confirmation text to the registered mobile number is expected if the payment is successful.
- All the candidates are advised to download and take a print out of the confirmation page for future references.
- In case, if the payment status has not been confirmed, the candidate will have to pay the fee again. However, the previously detected amount would be transacted to the respective account in the due date of next 7 days.
Junctures to remember before proceeding with the online payment of JEE Main Registration fee:
- The validity of the debit/credit card is mandatory for the candidates to keep note of.
- Candidates are advised to be ready with their cards used for registration before starting the process.
- All requested details are crucial and compulsory for candidates to fill.
- When the payment is done using net banking, candidates are solicited to check their balance and keep all the credentials ready.
Variation in the Registration Fee: Fee would vary accordingly based on:
- Number of papers opted by the candidate.
- Social category the candidate belonging to.
- Gender/sex of the candidate.
- Exam centres preferred(India/overseas)
Payment can be done by the candidate just while applying or later by logging in with the application details.