JEE Main 2020 exams have undergone some change. While change can be intimidating and overwhelming, this article will guide you through this journey on a smooth road. It is always better to resort to experts for this guidance. JEE Main Preparation Tips by experts will help you in this expedition.
JEE Main Preparation by experts will exaggerate the advantages of important topics, reference books and other right study material. Since Paper I is the most common paper attempted, we will be discussing it in more detail in this article.
Advice to Students on JEE Main Preparation by Experts
Considered as one of the most difficult entrance exams, only hard work will not take you far in clearing JEE Main exam. Experts stress having a well-tuned strategy to crack one of the most competitive exams. You should know every minute detail down to the wire on an exam like the pattern, syllabus, number of seats, number of colleges, number of aspirants, present standards of the examination, model papers, nature of the questions, and so on. Having a well-thought strategy is winning half the battle.
JEE Main Preparation Tips by Experts – Important topics of each subject
When requested for subject wise important topics, the experts stated as follows, which is highlighted in the tabular format.
Check | How to Score 250+ in JEE Main
JEE Main Preparation Tips by Experts – Some of the best books for guidance on each subject
Experts spoke on some fundamental books to refer to as having a good grasp on topics and clarifying your doubts. The below table highlights this statement.
|Physics||Problems in General Physics||I. E. Irodov|
|Advanced Level Physics||Nelkon and Parke|
|Physics Part-I &II||Resnick and Halliday|
|University Physics||Sears and Zemansky|
|Concepts of Physics||HC Verma|
|Concept of Competition Physics||Agarwal’s|
|Chemistry||University Chemistry||Bruce H. Mahan (Addison-Wesley)|
|Elements of Physical Chemistry||Glasstone and Lewis (Macmillan)|
|General Chemistry||Pauling L. Freeman (Vakils)|
|University Chemistry||C.N.R. Rao (Ed.) (Macmillan)|
|Organic Chemistry||Morrison and Boyd|
|Physical chemistry||Kapoor volumes|
|Inorganic Chemistry||J D lee|
|Mathematics||Algebra||Hall and Knight|
|Modern Algebra||ML Khanna|
|Vector Algebra||ML Khanna|
|Trigonometry||S. L. Loney part-I|
|Analytical Geometry||A. S. Ramsey|
|Coordinate geometry||S. L. Loney|
|Calculus||A. S. Ramsey|
|Calculus in one variable||I. A. Maron|
|Statistics and Probability||H. C. Saxena|
|Complex variables||Shanthi Narayan|
Latest News Updates
- JEE Main 2021: Mr Ramesh Pokhriyal Directs NTA to Draft a Fresh Syllabus
- JEE Main 2021 Delayed Till February, JEE Advanced 2021 Syllabus Being Reviewed
- JAC Delhi 2020 Counselling: Seat Allotment Result For Round 3 Declared
- IIT Kharagpur Will Conduct JEE Advanced 2021
- CSAB 2020 Special Rounds Counselling Schedule Released
JEE Main Preparation Tips by Experts – Study Plan for Students Recommended
Since we have covered relevant topics and books for JEE Main 2020, we’ll dive into the next phase of planning a proper time table.
Time table can be tailored to one’s efficiency and habits, but a general pattern has to follow which was emphasized as follows-
|Per day (Compulsory)||Maths at least two hours||Physics at least two hours||Chemistry at least two and a half hours|
|Per week (Required)||One topic wise / Chapter wise test||At least one topic wise / Chapter wise test||At least one topic wise / Chapter wise test|
|Per month||Cumulative test on above-covered topics in the same pattern as JEE Mains.||Cumulative test on the above-covered topics in the pattern of JEE Mains.||Cumulative test on above-covered topics as just similar to JEE Mains.|
|After Preparation||Attempt maximum number of Grand Tests in Maths, Physics, and chemistry like JEE Main final test||–||–|
JEE Main Preparation Tips by Experts – What is the best method to study?
Some of the critical points to bear in mind to have the best study method, according to the experts are:
- Never have doubts in mind. Make it a point to get clarity in concepts and thus build up your confidence in the subject. Don’t think twice to clarify your doubts immediately with the help of your mentor.
- Identify the common strategies for solving problems and numerical. Accuracy is the game point. Any errors and you’ll be out of the game. Know your formulas and shortcuts.
- Have your notes. Your notes should contain your areas of weaknesses in three subjects and loopholes. Maintaining your notes is unique to you and isn’t a reflection of someone else.
- Once when you have covered your concepts and basics, at least one hour of your preparation should be kept aside to solve nearly 15 to 20 different types of problems in that particular chapter in that specific subject.
- Besides your notes, have an error book in hand covering each test. After solving those error questions, jot down a comment specifying reasons for the mistake. Do not repeat them next time.
- Concentrate on one subject at a time. Avoid mixing up different topics.
- After completion of every two topics, focus on solving as many as mixed conceptual questions in those topics. A more significant number of multiple and multi-theoretical problems you solve, better is your grasp on the matter.
- Consistency is vital throughout the JEE Main preparation. The mindset of every day as your last day will complement your consistent efforts.
- No partiality to be followed here. Equal importance is given to all three subjects. It doesn’t matter if you love one subject over another. If you like a subject, be sure that it’s your strong point and try not to lose any marks. If you hate one, be sure to concentrate your efforts there so that it doesn’t turn out to be your weak spot.
- A typical JEE aspirant on an average solves around 2 to 3 thousand different conceptual oriented questions per subject on par with the JEE main standards. Practice previous years’ question papers.
- The essential point not to forget is to stay far away from distractions like smartphones, laptops, television, or a PC. It is difficult to focus, and once you are in focus mode, distractions can lure out of it quickly. It’s a mammoth-like task to refocus. Do not waste your energy on unnecessary tasks.
- Lastly, do not ignore your health. Health is your fuel to drive your body. Eat right and exercise well. A healthy body and sound mind can face any hurdles in life.
Check out JEE Main Study Material
How good is Coaching Material?
Coaching institutes have created academic programs unique to them. Identify which institute will serve you best in achieving your results and reach the goal. Research on their achievements and ranks obtained previous students. Enrol in corresponding courses and write their mock tests and solve their rank sure materials for getting confidence and additional practice. Sri Chaitanya, which is Asia’s largest Educational Institutions, is coming up with online examinations to other institutional students,’ give it a try. Coaching materials can be supplementary to the previously recommended author-based books.
Since the computer-based test will be available twice a year, candidates have an added advantage to bring out their best as they will be able to use the best score from the multiple attempts during the counselling process. This model will encourage students to pace their studies and significantly give them a second chance to appear without wasting their year. Students can appreciate transparency regarding the exam. Candidates can write either one or both the examinations. Candidates have a choice of choosing the date of the examination from the given set dates at their convenience.
So, these were some of the JEE Main Preparation Tips by Experts. Delve in these and make your preparations easy.