Last updated on August 18th, 2021 by user
JEE Main Preparation Tips for Physics: Physics is considered as one of the toughest subjects and it happens to be the key subject for JEE Main April and May 2021. The Physics section comes with application-based questions that are easy to solve but difficult to interpret. Students need to have a grip over the basic concepts to attempt such JEE Main Physics questions.
- According to experts, the difficulty level of Physics is moderate to easy.
- However, in JEE Main 2021 February and March, the Physics section was moderate in almost all the slots. Check Paper Analysis
- Further, past trends have reflected that Physics has always been tricky and on the tougher side.
- JEE Main 2021 April and May sessions have been postponed.
- The revised JEE Main 2021 exam dates for April and May sessions are expected to be out soon.
- JEE Main 2021 syllabus is the same as previous year but NTA has introduced some changes in JEE Main 2021 Exam Pattern.
- The registration for May session will be opened for a short period after the April session is completed.
The tips here are not about how to pass the JEE Main Physics section, but how to score higher and how to score 100+ in Physics in JEE Main 2021. It’s because a candidate is considered in counselling even at a rank of 5 lac+.
Basic JEE Main Preparation Tips for Physics
Given below are some JEE Main Preparation Tips for Physics to help the aspirants to begin with their exam preparations.
- To start with, it’s important for students to strengthen their fundamentals and basic concepts.
- They must complete the prescribed JEE Main 2021 Syllabus because even a single question can make a difference to your JEE Main scores and percentile.
- After completing NCERT, aspirants must delve deep into each topic by referring to other reference books of JEE Main Physics.
Topic-Wise JEE Main Physics Preparation
- Check analysis of previous years’ JEE Main question papers to know the topics covered and their weightage in JEE Main Physics Syllabus 2021.
- Based on the importance of each topic, plan your JEE Main preparation time table.
- We have categorized major topics based on their importance as per previous years’ trends. Check Here
Focus on Boards or JEE Main?
- There is no need to worry about fetching out extra time along with class 12 boards as JEE Main and board exam preparation can be clubbed together due to similarity in the syllabus.
- The only difference is, board examinations are more subjective while in JEE Main, the main focus should be on speed with accuracy.
- However, JEE Main Physics Preparation requires you to practice a lot of tough questions too.
How To Prepare Physics For JEE Main 2021 April and May Session?
Physics section of JEE Main 2021 and JEE Advanced is a scoring section similar to Mathematics as it requires a logical approach along with calculations. A lot of students find Physics easier compared to Chemistry due lesser number of topics and lighter syllabus in Physics. Given below are some JEE Main Preparation Tips for Physics which will help students know exactly what they are lacking in their JEE Main Physics Preparations.
- Short notes of formulas:
- It is imperative that you create short notes for important formulas while studying any chapter of Physics for JEE Main.
- These will help you revise easily during the last few days.
- Read the Question thoroughly:
- Understanding the question properly before attempting it is of utmost importance.
- Sometimes, it is possible that the question requires a combined approach of two or more topics, because of which it is difficult to understand.
- Accuracy is the key:
- Higher accuracy is more important than higher speed.
- Accuracy is gained by solving more and more questions correctly.
- Previous Year Question Papers and Mock Tests:
- The examination mode has changed and it requires the student to sit in front of a bright screen for more than 3 hours continuously.
- Mocks Tests for JEE Main 2021 will help you get used to this.
- Practice previous year question papers with a classic approach to end distractions from mobile phones or laptops.
- Revision every week:
- To make sure the topics are within your mind, revision is required every week.
- Along with this, difficult Physics JEE Main questions must be marked to attempt later on. Check Revision Plan
- Study 3 hours, Analyse 3 hours:
- Last but not the least, it is important to solve at least 1 full mock test of 3 hours every two or three days once the whole syllabus is complete.
- But what’s even more important is analysing that particular mock test and the performance.
- Working on the right approach, weak and strong topics will help boost the scores in future.
You Might Like
JEE Main Preparation Tips for Physics: Most Important Topics
Some topics cover the major portion of the Physics section for JEE Main and students shouldn’t miss them out during preparations. Check them out here-
- Modern Physics –
- Modern Physics is one of the most important topics for the Physics section.
- Make sure to cover sub-topics like nuclear fission and fusion, dual nature of matter, radioactive decay of substances and X-rays.
- Also, study the Bohr’s model properly. Again NCERT shall be a starting point and further consult HC Verma for the theory part and 3000 Solved Problems in Physics by Schaum for the numerical part.
- Every year almost four questions in the Physics section are asked from Electrostatics; thus it is considered to be one of the high scoring topics in Physics for JEE Main.
- With the clarity of basic concepts, students can easily crack four questions from a single topic.
- Concepts of Physics by H C Verma is a highly recommended book for Electrostatics as it comprises solved numerical problems of good quality.
- Oscillation and Waves–
- Like Electrostatics, students can expect 3-4 questions on this topic too.
- Clear concepts from NCERT and then delve further with H C Verma for application of concepts.
- Optics –
- Comparatively, an easy topic with minimum 2-3 questions being asked every year.
- While studying, make sure to understand Huygens principles.
- The best book recommended for this topic would be Understanding Physics for JEE Main, Advanced Optics & Modern Physics by DC Pandey.
- Top Engineering Colleges in India Accepting JEE Main Score
- JEE Main Mathematics Syllabus for May Session
JEE Main Preparation Tips for Physics: Moderately Important Topics
Topics listed hereunder are equally important and should be covered by students during JEE Main preparations to be on the safer side. A good amount of Physics JEE Main questions are being asked about these topics. Take a look at these and the books one must refer to:
- Magnetics –
- JEE Main usually includes 2 questions from this chapter and JEE Main in 40 Days by ARIHANT and Understanding Physics for JEE Main are the best books to refer to.
- Electromagnetic Induction and AC-
- Mostly, numerical problems are asked in this section.
- Get a grasp over Faraday’s Law and consult Concepts of Physics by H C Verma for understanding the topic.
- Current Electricity–
- Around 3 questions are asked from Current Electricity with Ohm’s law, Ohmic and Non-Ohmic conductors and colour code for resistors being the most important sub-topics.
- Refer Concepts of Physics by H C Verma to brush up fundamentals.
- Usually this portion has one question every year and HC Verma would be a good book to refer to.
- Make sure to give importance to topics like S.H.M and its equation, principle of superposition of waves and Doppler Effect in sound.
Lesser Important Topics for JEE Main Physics Preparation
The last category of topics includes questions from sections that may or may not have questions in JEE Main 2021. However, it’s advised to not to skip them completely and read them to have a clarity of concepts. Usually, one question is asked from these topics.
- Physics and measurement
- Dual nature of matter and radiation
- Communication system
JEE Main Preparation Tips for Physics – Part B
JEE Main Physics (Part B) gives 20% weightage to practical applications (Experimentation) of concepts. The problems are simple and require a basic understanding of experimenting. The questions are based on topics like :
- Vernier Calipers
- Ohm’s Law
- Metre Scale
- Surface Tension of Water
- Screw Gauge
- Coefficient of Viscosity
- Speed of Sound
- Young Modulus of Elasticity
- Refractive Index of a Glass Slab
- Simple Pendulum
- Use of Multimeter
- Resistivity of the Material
It is advised that students work around this section too, in order to increase their score and attempt as many questions as possible.
JEE Main Preparation Tips for Physics: Useful Books
Prominent exams like JEE Main demands the best preparation. And best preparation can be done if and only if you are well aware of the best study material for JEE Main.
- It is important to have the best study material and choosing them won’t be an easy task.
- To ease this part, we have prepared a list for you of JEE Main best books for preparation.
Check out the list of books given below that students must read and refer for gearing up their preparations for JEE Main Physics.
|HC Verma||Concepts of Physics Vol I and II|
|I.E. Irodov||Problems in General Physics|
|Arihant Publications||Understanding Physics by D.C. Pandey: Set of books for: Electricity & MagnetismMechanics (Vol. 1 & 2) Optics & Modern Physics Waves & Thermodynamics|
|R.P. Feynman||Feynman Lectures on Physics|
|SS Krotov||Problems in Physics|
|Arthur Beiser, Shobhit Mahajan, S. Rai Choudhury||Concepts of Modern Physics|
|Halliday, Resnick and Walker||Fundamentals of Physics|
|Advanced Level Physics: Examples and Exercises||Nelson, Michael, Parker, Philip|
JEE Main Preparation Tips for Physics: NTA Free Mock Tests
The National Testing Agency has provided free mock tests as well as old question papers from 2018 onwards on their official website for students to practice. Steps to access the mocks tests are given below-
- Head over to the official website of NTA – www.nta.ac.in
- Click on the ‘Students’ tab given on the menu.
- Under the ‘Test Practice’ section, click on ‘Mock Test’.
- After new webpage loads, select your exam like JEE Main 2021, choose the paper you want to attempt and click on ‘Start Mock Test’.
To access old question papers, click on Downloads in the menu. You will find previous year exam papers there. Choose the year and examination and select the paper you want to download.
You Might Like
NTA Video Lectures for JEE Main Physics Preparations
If a candidate wishes to understand a particular chapter thoroughly, National Testing Agency (NTA) has provided video lectures by some reputed IIT Professors under the name of IIT-PAL on Youtube. Each chapter of JEE Main Physics is divided into sub-topics. There are a total of 188 video lectures of 50 to 60 minutes runtime. To watch these video lectures follow the steps given below-
- Head over to the official website of NTA – www.nita.ac.in
- Click on the ‘Students’ tab.
- Under the ‘Test Practice’ section, select ‘Content Based Lectures’.
- Alternatively, students can head over to the Youtube website and search for IIT-PAL and look for the topic they want to study.
These JEE Main Physics Preparation Tips are enough to help you finish your Physics Syllabus and utilize your time in the best way possible. The exams are just a few days away and it is advisable not to delay studying. You must prepare your JEE Main preparation time table and stick to it.
JEE Main Preparation Tips for Physics FAQs
Answer: Nothing can be said about the difficulty level of the exam right now. However, with regards to JEE Main you should always expect the unexpected.
Answer: 250 is considered to be a good score and you can hope to get admission in good colleges with such a score.
Answer: A lot of questions are asked directly or indirectly from NCERT textbooks. So if you study NCERT thoroughly then you will easily be able to solve around 65% of the questions.
Answer: Yes, it is possible to crack JEE Main without coaching. You just need to follow a proper study plan and go through all the preparation tips given here.
Ans. Regular studies and building strong hold on basic concepts are the only mantras to score 100+ marks in Physics.The second tip will be not to forget about covering topics in semiconductor electronics and communication systems which are usually ignored by students and they end up losing at least 10-15 marks for these two topics.
Ans. NCERT books surely provide basic conceptual clarity. But to practice more on the difficult and tricky questions , must refer to other books as well.
Last updated on February 18th, 2021 by user
Ans. To prepare well for the JEE Main exam one can follow these preparation tips :
- Refer best books for JEE Main
- Make notes
- Practice at least last 10 years question paper
- Maintain accuracy
- Keep on revising concepts
- Analysis of your progress
Ans. Some of the important paper attempting tips are :
- Read the questions carefully
- Look for the easy questions first
- Try to cover question first you have strong command
- Attempt only those questions you are confident about
- Do not try to attempt all the questions, this will increase chances of negative marking
- Save time to revise the paper to locate possible errors and rectify them.
Ans. According to previous year trend analysis level of difficulty in JEE Main physics is mentioned below: