JEE Main is an all India engineering entrance examination organized by NTA (National Testing Agency) in India. JEE Main gives admission to most of the premier and central government colleges in India.
JEE Main Rank is important not only for those who want to participate in the JEE Main central counseling for NITs, IIITs, etc. but also for those who want to qualify themselves to appear JEE Advanced for admission in Indian Institutes of Technology. JEE Main rank will be released once the JEE Main result is announced on or before April 30, 2020.
This exam is conducted nationwide and is open for admission to various undergraduate engineering and architecture courses in institutes accepting the JEE-Main score, mainly the Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIITs), National Institutes of Technology (NITs), and Government Funded Technical Institutes (GFTIs).
JEE Main is organized twice in a year that is in January and April. This year the exam was conducted from January 6-9, results for which have been declared by NTA. JEE Main for April session is scheduled for April 5, April 7, April 9, April 11, 2020. All the interested candidates can apply online at jeemain.nta.nic.in
JEE Main Ranks
Numerous factors determine the JEE Main rank and the most important factor amongst these is the JEE Main score secured by the students in their written examination. JEE Main Score 2020 will not only determine the qualifying cutoff for JEE Advanced (IITs) but will also play a vital role in determining the JEE Main ranks.
- The aspirants can check the last year’s JEE Main results to get an idea for this year. Also, we can go through JEE Main Response Sheet to get an idea of last year’s performance.
- Final selection and admissions are done based on counseling but you can determine your estimated JEE Main 2020 rank if you know your score. This will help you in figuring out the colleges that you are eligible for and will further boost your confidence.
JEE Main Marks vs Rank Analysis 2020
The table provided below provides a good understanding of the JEE Main 2020 rank and the JEE Main 2020 score.
|JEE Main Rank Range||JEE Main Score Range|
|1 – 100||310 – 360|
|101 – 200||290 – 309|
|201 – 500||270 – 289|
|501 – 1000||255 – 269|
|1001 – 1500||247 – 254|
|1501 – 2000||240 – 246|
|2001 – 2500||232 – 239|
|2501 – 3000||225 – 231|
|3001 – 3500||217 – 224|
|3501 – 4000||210 – 216|
|4001 – 4500||207 – 209|
|4501 – 5000||204 – 206|
|5001 – 5500||200 – 203|
|5501 – 6000||197 – 199|
|6001 – 6500||195 – 196|
|6501 – 7000||192 – 194|
|7001 – 7500||190 – 191|
|7501 – 8000||185 – 189|
|8001 – 8500||182 – 184|
|8501 – 9000||179 – 181|
|9001 – 9500||177 – 178|
|9501 – 10000||175 – 176|
|10001 – 20000||165 – 174|
|20001 – 35000||152 – 164|
|35001 – 50000||140 – 151|
|50001 – 75000||130 – 139|
JEE Main Marks Vs Rank 2020: What Is JEE Main Percentile Score?
The JEE Main percentile score tells exactly how a candidate has performed in comparison to all the other students who appeared for the examination. The percentile is neither the percentage score (percentage score is the percentage of the maximum marks obtained by a student) nor the raw marks (the total and absolute marks secured by the student).
The percentile score of JEE Mains will tell exactly what percentage of the total number of candidates who appeared for the exam scored less than or equal to that particular percentile in that examination. The formula used to calculate JEE Main percentile score is:-
Percentile Score of a Student = 100 x (The number of students who secured a raw score or an actual score that is EQUAL TO OR LESS than the student) / (The total number of students who appeared in that session).
How Is JEE Rank Determined Using JEE Main Percentile Scores?
While compiling the merit list for the JEE Main and allotting the JEE Main ranks to aspirants, the total, as well as the subject-wise percentile scores are considered in the order given below.
- Students obtaining a higher total percentile score will be given the first preference.
- If any students’ marks collide, students who obtain a higher percentile score in Mathematics will be given consideration.
- In case the tie persists after that as well, candidates who obtain a higher percentile score in Chemistry will be given consideration.
- If the tie continues to exist, preference will be given to the candidate according to their age.
- If the tie still exists after all these steps, the candidates will be given the rank according to the JEE main rank.
- Apart from that, if the candidate appeared for JEE Main in the month of April and January both, the best of the two total percentile scores will be considered. In this case, the subject-wise percentile scores will not be taken into consideration. However, the subject-wise percentile will be considered if the candidate appears for JEE Main in either January or April.