Last updated on August 24th, 2021 by user
NTA will conduct the JEE Main 2021 exam in February, March, April and May 2021 in about 660 JEE Main Exam Centre’s. JEE Main Exam Centre’s 2021 have been set up in over 329 cities in India and 8 cities abroad. Exam Dates for Candidates affected by rain in Maharashtra regions has been released and the exams are on 3rd and 4th August 2021. NTA released the official notice regarding the exam dates for the Bahrain candidates who were unable to attend exam due to lockdown and the exam dates are 3rd, 4th, 5th August 2021. Download Admit Card here
Exam Dates have been released for both the candidates who were unable to attend the exam due to rain in Maharashtra regions (Ratnagiri, Palghar, Kolhapur, Raigad, Sangli, Ratnagiri, and Satara) for session 3 and due to lockdown in Bahrain region for session 1 exam. Candidates can download the Admit cards and can find the Exam center in that. Check how to download Admit card
NTA has finally released the JEE Main Exam Dates for April and May sessions, which were postponed earlier. Session 3 (April) is scheduled from 20 to 25 July, while Session 4 (May) is scheduled from 27 July to 2 August 2021. Candidates can apply for both the sessions or either of them through JEE Main Application Form. There is no gap between the two sessions.
- Exam cities for the two sessions – April and May – have been increased from 232 to 334.
- JEE Main Exam centers in every shift have been increased from 660 to 828.
- The total number of candidates who have already registered for various sessions is given below-
- April session – 6.80 lakh
- May session – 6.09 lakh
- IIITs in India: Rankings, Cut Off, Fees
- Top Android Apps to Prepare for the JEE Main 2021
- Top 10 NITs: Admissions, Cut Off, Rankings, Fees
JEE Main Exam Centres 2021: COVID-19 Updates
- As JEE Main 2021 is scheduled amidst ongoing COVID-19 pandemic,.
- For precaution, NTA requires from every aspirant a valid self-declaration (undertaking) stating some details on travel history and symptoms before entering their respective exam centres of JEE Main 2021.
- Students must wear a mask at JEE Main exam centres, after which they will receive a new 3-ply mask at JEE Main exam centres to prevent any use of Unfair Means.
- NTA will be conducting JEE Main 2021 exam at different centres spanning 224 cities throughout the country and 8 international centres.
JEE Main Exam Centres 2021 – Key Highlights
- A detailed list for JEE Main Exam Centres has been released by NTA.
- During the registration for JEE Main exam 2021, candidates can select up to 4 exam centres from the list.
- JEE Main 2021 Admit Card contains information related to exam centres including the schedule.
- The exam centres for JEE Main 2021 are allotted randomly without any slot booking.
- JEE Advanced Exam Centres List: State-wise exam centres
- JEE Main Exam Pattern 2021: Analysis, Syllabus and More
JEE Main 2021 Exam Day Schedule
|Details||Morning Shift||Afternoon Shift|
|JEE Main 2021 Exam Dates||To be announced||To be announced|
|Exam Time||9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.||3:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.|
|JEE Main 2021 exam duration||3 hours||3 hours|
|Exam centre entry||7:00 a.m. – 8:30 a.m.||1:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.|
*The authority will not allow any candidate to enter the examination hall after the time of last entry. The time for last entry is 8:30 AM for Paper-1, 1.00 PM for Paper-2 and 2.30 PM for the second shift of Paper-1.
JEE Main Exam Centres 2021
JEE Main 2021 exam centres are allotted randomly to students either on the basis of their preference or on the basis of availability. This year JEE Main 2021 will have reduced the number of exam centres showing a pandemic situation.
- Candidates while registering for JEE Main can select up to 4 preferred exam centres.
- After screening, NTA allots exam centres to candidates on a random basis.
- There is no provision of slot booking for JEE Main 2021.
- JEE Main 2021 exam centres are updated on the official site of NTA from where students can find relevant details of JEE Main schedule.
How To Choose JEE Main Exam Centres?
JEE Main 2021 aspirants need to visit the official website of JEE Main to register themselves for the exam.
- Applicants can select four exam centres in order of preference from the list of JEE Main exam centres available on JEE Main 2021 Application form.
- JEE Main 2021 exam centres will be allotted by NTA on the basis of candidate preference.
- NTA will allot the last slot of the last exam date in the same city, in case a centre has less than 30 students.
- JEE Main 2021 exam will be conducted in CBT mode at all exam centres both in English and Hindi medium. For JEE Main exam centres at Gujarat, Daman & Diu and Dadra and Nagar Haveli, the medium of question paper will be Hindi, English and Gujarati.
Note: As per Education Minister, Dr Ramesh Pokhriyal, JEE Main 2021 will be conducted in many other regional languages, similar to NEET.
Can You Change JEE Main Exam Centres Through Correction Window?
For JEE Main 2021 aspirants, the correction window was opened till July 31, 2021. NTA reopened the facility to avoid any sort of clash between JEE Main 2021 and NDA exam related to exam centres.
- Visit the NTA or JEE Main official website to access the correction form available.
- JEE Main aspirant need to enter credentials like Application form, Application no., password, and security pin in the space provided.
- Once the correction window appears, a candidate can select ‘Manage Form Particulars Correction’ to edit or change the required parameters.
- JEE Main aspirant must wisely select the exam centres as per preference based on proximity while filling JEE Main application form.
- Changes in the form of any kind will not be entertained after the deadline.
JEE Main Centre Locator
NTA has reduced the number of JEE Main 2021 exam cities from 264 to 233 across India owing to COVID-19 and subsequent lockdown. However, the number of exam centres have been increased from 570 to 660.
Exam centre for JEE Main will be allotted in order of preference by a candidate or based on availability. Candidates can use the JEE Main Centre Locator provided below to get an idea of reaching the exam centre easily.
Do note that this is JEE Main 2020 Centre Locator and shall be updated soon with latest exam centres.
State-wise JEE Main exam centres are given below. Newly added exam centres include:
- Yamuna Nagar
State Wise List of JEE Main Exam centres
Check the details tabulated below for JEE Main 2021 Exam centres and code for January or April session.
|Andaman & Nicobar||Port Blair||AN01|
|Daman & Diu (UT)||Daman & Diu||DD01|
|Dadra & Nagar Haveli||Dadra Nagar Haveli||DN01|
|Himachal Pradesh||Bilaspur (hp)||HP01|
|Jammu & Kashmir||Baramulla||JK01|
Latest JEE Main News
- JoSAA Counselling 2021: Registrations Begin on 16 October 2021
- JEE Advanced 2021 Result Released: Read How to check, Rank List, Qualifying Marks
- WBJEE Counselling 2021: Registration Started on 28 September 2021
- JAC Delhi Counseling 2021 Registration Starts For B.Tech Program
- Predict College or Courses Using Your JEE Main Rank
JEE Main Exam Centres outside India
JEE Main 2021 Exam centres outside India have a higher application fee of INR 6000 for both Indian and foreign nationals.
Also Read | JEE Advanced 2021 Exam Centers
JEE Main Exam Centre 2021 Changes
|Exam Centres||Newly added centres||Centres removed|
|Bihar||Arrah||Aurangabad, Bihar Sharif|
|Daman and Diu (UT)||Diu||–|
JEE Main 2021 Exam Centres Statistics
|Paper||No. of Centers|
|B.Arch and B.Planning||489|
JEE Main Test Practice Centres by NTA
- NTA has set up around 4000 test practice centres across the country in different schools and colleges.
- JEE Main 2021 test centres aim to create awareness on CBT exam mode.
- JEE Main 2021 aspirants need to apply on the official website of NTA for accessing such JEE Main test practice centres.
- “NTA Student” application can be used to locate the exam centres and the nearest test practice centre.
- Owing to current Corona pandemic, NTA has also launched ‘National Test Abhyas’ for JEE Main 2021 aspirants to access free mock tests for JEE Main due to lack of proper test practice centres.
- JEE Main Test Practice centres have staff that encourage students and clear their queries.
How to Register for Test Practice centres?
- JEE Main 2021 aspirants can visit the NTA official website to select ‘Student Registration’.
- Enter the username and password to proceed.
- Fill out personal details and contact information in the space provided.
- JEE Main aspirant can select up to 5 choices of test centres from the list available in the order of preference.
- Further, select the session amongst the 6 available ones.
- Confirm the form details and proceed to ‘Confirm Appointment’.
Documents Allowed at JEE Main 2021 Exam Centers
JEE Main 2021 candidates need to carry below documents to the exam centre.
- Printout of JEE Main Admit Card downloaded from NTA’s website.
- One recent passport size photograph, to be pasted on the attendance sheet at the centre.
- Anyone valid photo ID proof in original (PAN card/ Driving License/ Voter ID/ Passport/ Aadhaar Card/E-Aadhaar with photograph/ Ration Card with photograph/ 12th Board Admit Card with photograph/ Bank Passbook with Photograph).
- PWD certificate issued by the authorized medical officer, if applicable.
Prohibited items at the exam centres
JEE Main Examinations prohibits candidates from carrying the following things to the exam centre. NTA does not take responsibility for any loss. Further, if a candidate is found involved in any malpractice or possessing following, will be debarred from any future examinations.
- Mobile Phones, Earphones, Microphones or Pager
- Calculator, Docupen, Slide Rules, Log Tables, Camera or Tape Recorder
- Any type of watch, including Electronic watches with a calculator, any metallic item or electronic gadgets
- Loose or packed eatables and water
- Geometry Box/ Pencil Box, Handbag and Purse
- Any kind of paper, stationery or text material
- No sort of blank paper for rough work (it will be provided from the test centre)
JEE Main 2021 Exam Day Guidelines
Aspirants must follow below guidelines on the day of JEE Main 2021 Examination. They are:
- One must reach the JEE Main Exam centre at least 2 hours before to avoid any delay in the verification process.
- Registration desk closes 60 minutes prior to the examination.
- No candidate under any circumstances is allowed to enter the examination hall after the given timeline.
- One must occupy only the seat allotted to them.
- Before starting the JEE Main exam, a candidate must thoroughly read the instructions printed on the admit card.
- NTA does not provide for any transport allowance to the JEE Main Exam centre.
JEE Main Exam Centres – FAQs
Ans: The details of allocation are mentioned in the article. However, NTA reserves the right to change the exam center to a nearby city in case the center of preference is not available. No slot booking is allowed for JEE Main 2020 center allocation. Students are advised to list out test centers in order of preference while filling the JEE Main 2020 Application Form.
Ans: yes, prior to the commencement of exam, the in-charge present at the center provides certain instructions to candidates. These instructions are mandatory to follow by one and all. Invigilators read out instructions 10-15 minutes prior to the examination.
Ans: NTA opens the correction window for those who wish to edit certain details in the form. This year NTA has expanded the scope of editing to test centers as well owing to the pandemic situation. One can change the test center in the correction form before the deadline.
Ans. No, you are not allowed to carry mobile phones or any such electronic devices at the JEE Main Exam centres.
Ans. Yes, NTA has extended the form correction facility and you can make changes in your exam centre preference.
Ans. 264 cities have JEE Main 2020 Exam centres.
Ans. Test practice centres are set up by NTA for candidates especially in rural areas, to make them aware about the computer-based test so that they become comfortable giving the exam in that mode.