Last updated on August 31st, 2020 at 11:21 am
JEE Main Exam Centre: Education Minister Mr Ramesh Pokhriyal announced the dates for JEE Main 2020. NTA published JEE Main Admit Card 2020 on 17th August 2020. NTA will conduct the exam from 1st September – 6th September 2020, 2020 in about 3000 JEE Main Exam Centres. NTA has also launched ‘National Test Abhyas’ to practice free mock tests for JEE Main in lieu of unavailability of NTA Test Practice Centres amid COVID-19 pandemic.
- Top Andriod Apps to Prepare for the JEE Main Exam
- Top 10 NITs Accepting JEE Main Score
- JEE Main Participating Colleges
JEE Main Exam Centres: COVID-19 Updates
- As JEE Main 2020 is scheduled amidst ongoing corona pandemic, JEE Main 2020 admit card also includes a detailed advisory for students regarding COVID-19.
- For precaution, NTA requires from every aspirant a valid self-declaration (undertaking) stating some details on travel history and symptoms before entering their respective exam centres of JEE Main 2020.
- Students must wear a mask at JEE Main exam centres, after which they will receive a new 3-ply mask at JEE Main exam centres to prevent any use of Unfair Means.
- NTA will be conducting JEE Main 2020 exam at different centres spanning 224 cities throughout the country and 8 international centres.
JEE Main Exam Centres 2020 – Key Highlights
- A detailed list for JEE Main Exam Centres has been released by NTA.
- JEE Main 2020 exam centres have been set up in over 224 cities in India and 8 cities abroad.
- During the registration for JEE Main exam 2020, candidates can select up to 4 exam centres from the list.
- JEE Main 2020 Admit Card contains information related to exam centres including the schedule.
- The exam centres for JEE Main 2020 are allotted randomly without any slot booking.
JEE Main 2020 Schedule
|JEE Main 2020 Exam||Morning Shift||Afternoon Shift|
|Date of JEE Main 2020 exam||1st September – 6th September 2020||1st September – 6th September 2020|
|Exam Time||9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.||3:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.|
|JEE Main 2020 exam duration||3 hours||3 hours|
|Exam centre entry||7:00 a.m. – 8:30 a.m.||1:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.|
*The authority will not allow any candidate to enter the examination hall after the time of last entry. The time for last entry is 8:30 AM for Paper-1, 1.00 PM for Paper-2 and 2.30 PM for the second shift of Paper-1.
JEE Main Exam Centres 2020
JEE Main 2020 exam centres are allotted randomly to students either on the basis of their preference or on the basis of availability. This year JEE Main 2020 will have reduced the number of exam centres showing a pandemic situation.
- Candidates while registering for JEE Main can select up to 4 preferred exam centres.
- After screening, NTA allots exam centres to candidates on a random basis.
- There is no provision of slot booking for JEE Main 2020.
- JEE Main 2020 exam centres are updated on the official site of NTA from where students can find relevant details of JEE Main schedule.
How to choose JEE Main Exam Centres?
- JEE Main 2020 aspirants need to visit the official website of JEE Main to register themselves for the exam.
- Applicants can select four exam centres in order of preference from the list of JEE Main exam centres available on JEE Main 2020 Application form.
- JEE Main 2020 exam centres will be allottee by NTA on the basis of candidate preference.
- NTA will allot the last slot of the last exam date in the same city, in case a centre has less than 30 students.
- JEE Main 2020 exam will be conducted in CBT mode at all exam centres both in English and Hindi medium. For JEE Main exam centres at Gujarat, Daman & Diu and Dadra and Nagar Haveli, the medium of question paper will be Hindi, English and Gujarati.
How to change JEE Main Exam Centres?
For JEE Main 2020 aspirants, the correction window was opened till July 31, 2020. NTA reopened the facility to avoid any sort of clash between JEE Main 2020 and NDA exam related to exam centres.
- Visit the NTA or JEE Main official website to access the correction form available.
- JEE Main aspirant need to enter credentials like Application form, Application no., password, and security pin in the space provided.
- Once the correction window appears, a candidate can select ‘Manage Form Particulars Correction’ to edit or change the required parameters.
- JEE Main aspirant must wisely select the exam centres as per preference based on proximity while filling JEE Main application form.
- Changes in the form of any kind will not be entertained after the deadline.
Note: Amidst Corona pandemic, NTA has opened the correction facility for editing JEE Main exam centre preference from 4th July- 31st July 2020. For past years, JEE Main aspirants were only able to edit other parameters except for exam centres.
JEE Main Centre Locator
NTA has reduced the number of JEE Main 2020 exam centres from 264 to 233 across India owing to COVID 19 and subsequent lockdown.
Exam centre for JEE Main will be allotted in order of preference by a candidate or based on availability.
State-wise JEE Main exam centres are given below. Newly added exam centres include:
- Yamuna Nagar
State Wise List of JEE Main Exam centres
Check the details tabulated below for JEE Main 2020 Exam centres and code for April session.
|Andaman & Nicobar||Port Blair||AN01|
|Daman & Diu (UT)||Daman & Diu||DD01|
|Dadra & Nagar Haveli||Dadra Nagar Haveli||DN01|
|Himachal Pradesh||Bilaspur (hp)||HP01|
|Jammu & Kashmir||Baramulla||JK01|
Latest News Updates
- Opening and Closing Ranks (2020) for Round 1 Counselling Released By JoSAA; Check Details
- JoSAA Releases Updated Instructions For Online Verification & Change of Willingness
- JoSAA Counselling 2020: Second Mock Seat Allotment Released, Registrations End Tomorrow
- Candidates Will Get Another Chance Directly in JEE Advanced 2021 Due To COVID-19
- JoSAA Releases First Mock Seat Allotment 2020 Results, Choice Filling Open Till 15th October
JEE Main Exam Centres outside India
JEE Main 2020 Exam centres outside India have a higher application fee of INR 6000 for both Indian and foreign nationals.
Also Read | JEE Advanced 2020 Exam Centers
JEE Main Exam Centre 2020 Changes
|Exam Centres||Newly added centres||Centres removed|
|Daman and Diu (UT)||Diu||–|
JEE Main 2020 Exam Centres Statistics
|Paper||No. of Centers|
|B.Arch and B.Planning||489|
JEE Main Test Practice Centres by NTA
- NTA has set up around 4000 test centres across the country in different schools and colleges.
- JEE Main 2020 test centres aim to create awareness on CBT exam mode.
- JEE Main 2020 aspirants need to apply on the official website of NTA for accessing such JEE Main test practice centres.
- “NTA Student” application can be used to locate the exam centres and the nearest test practice centre.
- Owing to current Corona pandemic, NTA has also launched ‘National Test Abhyas’ for JEE Main 2020 aspirants to access free mock tests for JEE Main due to lack of proper test practice centres.
- JEE Main Test Practice centres have staff that encourage students and clear their queries.
How to Register for Test Practice centres?
- JEE Main 2020 aspirants can visit the NTA official website to select ‘Student Registration’.
- Enter the username and password to proceed.
- Fill out personal details and contact information in the space provided.
- JEE Main aspirant can select up to 5 choices of test centres from the list available in the order of preference.
- Further, select the session amongst the 6 available ones.
- Confirm the form details and proceed to ‘Confirm Appointment’.
Documents Allowed at JEE Main 2020 Exam Centers
JEE Main 2020 candidates need to carry below documents to the exam centre.
- Printout of JEE Main Admit Card downloaded from NTA’s website.
- One recent passport size photograph, to be pasted on the attendance sheet at the centre.
- Anyone valid photo ID proof in original (PAN card/ Driving License/ Voter ID/ Passport/ Aadhaar Card/E-Aadhaar with photograph/ Ration Card with photograph/ 12th Board Admit Card with photograph/ Bank Passbook with Photograph).
- PWD certificate issued by the authorized medical officer, if applicable.
Prohibited items at the exam centres
JEE Main Examinations prohibits candidates from carrying the following things to the exam centre. NTA does not take responsibility for any loss. Further, if a candidate is found involved in any malpractice or possessing following, will be debarred from any future examinations.
- Mobile Phones, Earphones, Microphones or Pager
- Calculator, Docupen, Slide Rules, Log Tables, Camera or Tape Recorder
- Any type of watch, including Electronic watches with a calculator, any metallic item or electronic gadgets
- Loose or packed eatables and water
- Geometry Box/ Pencil Box, Handbag and Purse
- Any kind of paper, stationery or text material
- No sort of blank paper for rough work (it will be provided from the test centre)
JEE Main 2020 Exam Day Guidelines
Aspirants must follow below guidelines on the day of JEE Main 2020 Examination. They are:
- One must reach the JEE Main Exam centre at least 2 hours before to avoid any delay in the verification process.
- Registration desk closes 60 minutes prior to the examination.
- No candidate under any circumstances is allowed to enter the examination hall after the given timeline.
- One must occupy only the seat allotted to them.
- Before starting the JEE Main exam, a candidate must thoroughly read the instructions printed on the admit card.
- NTA does not provide for any transport allowance to the JEE Main Exam centre.
JEE Main 2021
- NTA has officially announced that as of now JEE Main 2021 will be conducted as per the schedule.
- In a situation like postponement of 12th exams or delay in school reopening, necessary action will be taken and the same will be intimated to aspirants.
- Unlike previous years, due to COVID 19, proper coaching classes might be affected. Students are advised to depend more on online or digital means for JEE Main 2021 preparation.
- For JEE Main 2021, the pattern will be different as there will be 3 papers namely B.E/B. Tech, B.Arch and B.Planning.
- The reduction of 12th class syllabus might change the syllabus of JEE Main exam as well.
JEE Main Exam Centres – FAQs
Ans: The details of allocation are mentioned in the article. However, NTA reserves the right to change the exam center to a nearby city in case the center of preference is not available. No slot booking is allowed for JEE Main 2020 center allocation. Students are advised to list out test centers in order of preference while filling the JEE Main 2020 Application Form.
Ans: yes, prior to the commencement of exam, the in-charge present at the center provides certain instructions to candidates. These instructions are mandatory to follow by one and all. Invigilators read out instructions 10-15 minutes prior to the examination.
Ans: NTA opens the correction window for those who wish to edit certain details in the form. This year NTA has expanded the scope of editing to test centers as well owing to the pandemic situation. One can change the test center in the correction form before the deadline.
Ans. No, you are not allowed to carry mobile phones or any such electronic devices at the JEE Main Exam centres.
Ans. Yes, NTA has extended the form correction facility and you can make changes in your exam centre preference.
Ans. 264 cities have JEE Main 2020 Exam centres.
Ans. Test practice centres are set up by NTA for candidates especially in rural areas, to make them aware about the computer-based test so that they become comfortable giving the exam in that mode.