JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2020: The organising authority releases JEE Main eligibility with the release of its official notification. A total of 3 attempts will be provided to clear JEE Main exam. The basic eligibility to appear for Joint Entrance Examination (Main) is to have passed or appearing in 10+2 exam in science stream. Check JEE Main 2020 Syllabus
JEE Main Exam Pattern consists of two Papers with varying eligibility:
- Paper 1 (For B.E./ B.Tech) – Physics and Mathematics along with one of these subjects, Chemistry/ Biology/ Biotechnology are mandatory in the qualifying exam.
- Paper 2 (For B.Arch.) – Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as primary subjects in 12th class.
- Paper 3 (For B.Planning) – Mathematics with aggregate 50% marks in 5 subjects.
All the applicants are requested to check JEE Main eligibility criteria before submitting the JEE Main Application Form. Go through the following article to know more information on JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2020.
JEE Main Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must check their eligibility before applying for the JEE Main exam.
- There is no age limit to appear for JEE Main 2020.
- Date of Birth should be as on Class 10th Certificate.
Latest News Updates
- Aspirants should have passed the Qualifying exam for the last two years of the school with 5 subjects.
- Candidate who have completed 12th with 4 subject are not eligible for the exam.
- Aspirants must have achieved a minimum of 75% aggregate in the class XII exam.
Year of Passing
- Year of passing for the qualifying exam for candidates must be 2018 or 2019.
- Candidates who are appearing for exam in 2020 are also eligible for the JEE Main,
- The aspirant must pass the qualifying exam with at least 5 subjects.
- Nationality: The Candidate must be an Indian Citizen.
- NRIs, PIOs, OCIs & Foreign national candidates can also apply.
- Candidates can apply for JEE Main exam only for 3 times.
Number of Attempts:
- As per the JEE Main 2020 eligibility criteria, a candidate is allowed for 3 consecutive attempts to qualify the exams.
- A candidate can attempt JEE Advanced a maximum of two times in consecutive years irrespective of whether or no he/she passes the exam.
No weightage to Class 12th marks
From 2019, class XII marks will not be considered while calculating JEE Main 2020 All India Rank. however, a minimum of 75% aggregate is required at the time of applying for JEE Main exam.
IS Aadhaar Card Required to Apply for JEE Main 2020?
- As per latest notification released by NTA, it is not mandatory for applicants to have Aadhaar Card while filling the JEE Main 2020 application form.
- Candidates will have to provide any identification proof and their Aadhaar card serves as one of the documents accepted by NTA to verify name, date of birth and gender of the candidate.
- They must make sure that the details provided in the identification proof should match with the school records.
- In case, the details do not match, then the candidates need to get it rectified.
- Candidates who do not have their Aadhaar Cards can also apply for JEE Main 2020.
JEE Main Eligibility for Dropouts
The droput students must passed 12th in 2018, 2019 to be eligible for JEE Main 2020. Candidates who have passed 12th before 2018 are not eligible for the exam.
State Code of Eligibility
The State Code means the code of the State from where a candidate has passed class 10+2 or equivalent examination. The following table enlists the states and the respective codes:
|Andaman & Nicobar Islands||01||Lakshadweep||19|
|Andhra Pradesh||02.||Madhya Pradesh||20|
|Dadra & Nagar Haveli||08||Odisha||26|
|Daman & Diu||09||Puducherry||27|
|Jammu & Kashmir||15||Uttar Pradesh||33|
|Foreign/ OCI/ PIO/ Nepal / Bhutan||98|
Admission to NIT, IIT and GFITs
B.Tech admissions in NITs, IIITs and GFTIS: Candidates should have scored a minimum of 75% marks in their exams within JEE Main 2020 OR must be in the top 20 percentile of their 10+2 board exams.
B.Arch/ B.Planning: Candidates are required to have Maths as a compulsory subject with 75% marks in total including five subjects with JEE Main Paper 2.
JEE Main Reservation of Seats
A few of the total seats are reserved for candidates belonging to OBC, SC, ST, and PwD candidates. The percentage of seats reserved for each category is given below in the table:
Category Wise JEE Main Reservation of seats