Last updated on October 21st, 2020 at 05:45 pm
JEE Main exam dates are set from 1st September – 6th September 2020. NTA reopened JEE Main Form Correction window multiple times till 31st July 2020, currently closed. NTA has also provided the option to update exam city preferences.
- JEE Main Counselling 2020 has commenced with JoSAA 2020 Counselling for NITs, IITs, IIITs and GFTIs. Check here
- COVID-19 Safety Protocols has been released by NTA to be followed by Candidates appearing for JEE Main 2020. Read More
- Admit cards are out for JEE Main 2020 April/September session. Check out the steps to download the admit card. Here
- An updated list of exam centres with guidelines has been released by NTA. Know the guidelines to be followed at examination centres.
Applicants making corrections might have to pay an extra fee for the same other than JEE Main Registration fee. (Check correction in the following article)
- Top Engineering Colleges in India Accepting JEE Main Score
- जेईई मेन 2020 के बारे में हिंदी में पढ़ें
- Top 10 NITs in India
JEE Main Form Correction Dates
Here are all important JEE Main Form Correction Dates 2020:
|Event||JEE Main April Session Dates|
|Availability of JEE Main Application Form 2020||February 7 – March 12, 2020|
|Commencement of correction in Uploaded images||Open till August 17, 2020 (closed)|
|Availability of JEE Main 2020 Application Form Correction||Up to 31st July 2020 (reopened, now closed)|
|Payment of extra application form (if applicable)||Till 31st July 2020 (11:50 pm)|
JEE Main Form Correction: What Can be Changed?
- Candidates’ Name (as per class 10th mark-sheet)
- Paper (change from Paper 1 to Paper 2 or vice versa)
- Aadhaar Number: Unlike last year, the Aadhaar number can be updated.
- Date of Birth (as per class 10th mark-sheet)
- Communication Address
- Contact Number
- Photograph and Signature
Image Correction Specification
As per the latest notice, image correction has to be made according to the Annexure-A (given below).
NTA has also issued a notice for candidates belonging to the Economically Weaker Section. It advises them to use the JEE Main Form Correction to avail the 10% EWS reservation.
JEE Main Form Correction: Key Points
It often happens that candidates make mistakes while filling the online application form. Either because of inexperience or confusion. Thus, to rectify those mistakes, NTA offers JEE Main Form Correction facility. It helps to edit the details in the online application form.
- It is a one-time facility for making corrections in some fields of JEE Main Application Form.
- The JEE Main application form correction window was initially open from March 13 – 16, 2020, extended till 31st July 2020. The Correction Window was reopened multiple times since the COVID-19 outbreak.
- The organizing body does not consider any request made for corrections after closing the correction window.
- JEE Main form correction process is similar to registering for JEE Main 2020 one more time.
How to correct JEE Main Application Form?
Candidates can correct JEE Main 2020 application form by using the steps given below:
- Firstly, go to the official site of JEE Main 2020 – www.jeemain.nic.in
- Then, click on “Corrections in JEE Main 2020 Application Form ”
- After that, log in with your application number and password and enter the security code.
- Click on “Manage Form Particulars Correction”
- Read the instructions and make the corrections as required.
- Lastly, submit the JEE Main Application Form and pay the requisite application fee (if required)
JEE Main Center Change: Scope of Changing Exam City
With a large number of candidates stuck in a particular city or shifted to hometowns due to the recent country-wide lockdown amidst the COVID-19 outbreak, NTA also provided the option to update the exam city preference before the release of JEE Main Admit Cards. This option is generally not available to candidates as the allocation of exam city is completed soon after the registration window closes. Moreover, approximately 9.3 lac students registered for JEE Main 2020 April session. It will be difficult to accumulate a large number of students in a single exam centre.
- Candidates can update exam city preference for all 4 choices till the closing of JEE Main Correction Facility 2020.
- There is no extra fee required unless the candidate is opting for a foreign city.
JEE Main Form Correction Fee
There could be cases where a candidate is required to pay an additional fee for correction in JEE Main Application Form. Such candidates want to change their category in JEE Main or want to change the city. Given below are some changes which will cost some fee.
- An additional fee is required in case candidate changes category from SC/ST/Girls/PwD to General/OBC-NCL
- Wants to opt for two or more papers, instead of a single paper.
- Wants to change exam city preference to a foreign city.
Candidates must be aware of fake services that appear like JEE Main Form Correction Facility and fraudulently deduct a large amount of money from bank accounts. Only use the official website to access JEE Main Application Form Correction Facility.
JEE Main Photo Correction and Size Guidelines
Candidates Can make corrections in the photos uploaded in JEE Main 2020 Application Form. Window to make corrections in images was opened till 17 august 2020 (release of the JEE Main Admit Card 2020).
Given below are the steps to make the correction(s) in the uploaded images:
- First, go to the official site of JEE Main 2020.
- After that, log in using your credentials i.e. Application Number, Password, and security code.
- Then, click on the link “Upload/Change Images” button.
- Further, select the images with correct specifications and upload them.
- Finally, Click on “Submit”.
- After submission, take a print out of the JEE Main Application form for future references.
How to check the size of the image?
You can follow the steps given below to make sure the images you are about to upload are as per the specifications.
- First, right-click on the image you want to upload.
- Then, click on ‘Properties’
- Now, a window will appear having properties of the image.
- So, click on the ‘Details’ tab.
- And finally, view the dimensions, height, and width of the image.
Can Correction Facility provide a refund?
- In case a candidate wants to correct the selected category, to a category for which the application fee is less than the one previously selected, there shall be no refund of any application fee.
- There will be no refund if a candidate who opted for more than one paper, opts for the single paper using a correction window.
JEE Main Application Form Status
After submitting the JEE Main application form, its status can be checked by clicking on the “Status” tab. Anyone of the following messages will be displayed on the user’s window-
Received – If the application form is successfully submitted.
Unsuccessful – If the application form is Incomplete/Rejected/Not Submitted.
Candidates have to successfully remit the application fee before the registration window is closed. Only these candidates shall be able to access the JEE Main Form Correction Facility.
Latest News Updates
- JEE Main 2021: Mr Ramesh Pokhriyal Directs NTA to Draft a Fresh Syllabus
- JEE Main 2021 Delayed Till February, JEE Advanced 2021 Syllabus Being Reviewed
- JAC Delhi 2020 Counselling: Seat Allotment Result For Round 3 Declared
- IIT Kharagpur Will Conduct JEE Advanced 2021
- CSAB 2020 Special Rounds Counselling Schedule Released
Also Check | JEE Main Preparation Tips
JEE Main 2021 Form Correction
- JEE Main 2021 Application form filling process for the January session will end by the second week of October 2020. Once the application process ends for JEE main 2021.NTA will open a correction window to provide options to rectify mistakes (if any) in the application form for a limited time period.
- Wrongly uploaded images during application form filling can also be corrected through the correction window. The image correction window will also open to rectify mistakes in the images made during application form filling.
- And, for the JEE Main 2021 April session, the image correction window might open from February 2021.
- An additional fee is charged from the Candidates to make JEE Main 2021 application correction.
- However, applicants are eligible to rectify limited options only such as Candidates’ Name, Paper, Aadhaar Number, Date of Birth, Communication Address, Contact Number, Photograph, and Signature.
- As the correction window is a one-time facility So, it is advisable to use this opportunity carefully.
- Tentative dates for JEE Main 2021 form correction are mentioned below:
|Correction window||January session||April Session|
|Image correction||2nd week September 2020||February 2021|
|Application details correction||3rd week of October 2020||March 2021|
JEE Main Helpline
Any doubt in correcting JEE Main application form can be asked by writing an email to [email protected] by mentioning the Name of the candidate, Registration ID,
JEE (Main) Unit Central Board of Secondary Education
Plot No. 149, Block – H,
Sector – 63, Noida – 201309
Distt- Gautam Budh Nagar (U.P.)
Helpline No.: 7042399520, 7042399521, 7042399525, 7042399526, 7042399529
Computer-Based Exam Helpline No.: 18002669778
Email: [email protected]
Frequently Asked Questions
Answer: Exam timings will be mention in your hall ticket.
Answer: In this case, your center will be decided by the board.
Answer: The centers will be given after releasing admit card.
Answer: You don’t need to change the language as the paper will be in both languages Hindi/English. You can write your paper in English or Hindi.
Answer: You can apply with your enrollment ID given on your aadhar card.
Answer: The exam centre will be generated automatically.