Last updated on August 24th, 2021 by user
We have provided some of the best books in this article to prepare for the JEE Main 2021 B.Arch exam (Paper 2). Bachelor of Architecture or B.Arch is a course offered by IIT Roorkee, IIT Kharagpur, School of Planning and Architecture, Delhi, NITs and many other top architecture colleges.
- Mostly, colleges prefer NATA as the main examination for admissions to B.Arch courses. But now JEE Main Paper 2 or JEE Main B.Arch Exam is being considered as a good screening test for the B. Arch course.
- Hence, now even Schools of Planning and Architecture (SPA) have started accepting JEE Main Paper 2 scores for admissions to B.Arch courses. Candidates must refer to the best reference books to score well in JEE Main Paper 2.
- Although, many aspirants decide to take only Paper 1 of JEE Main, thus Paper 2 & 3 does not see large participation.
Due to limited interest, there are a few books in the market for JEE Main Paper 2. But candidates are advised to use the best books for other similar exams as well.
- JEE Main Exam Pattern for Paper 2- B.Arch
- JEE Main 2021: Tips from Toppers of February and March Sessions
- JoSAA Counselling 2021: Seat Allotment Process and Schedule
JEE Main Paper 2 (B.Arch): Things to Know Before Preparation
- The syllabus is exhaustive and other than Mathematics, the school curriculum does not include sections of this examination.
- Preparation for other sections like Aptitude and Drawing need to be done considering other books.
- Do not opt for too many books, only rely on a few reliable sources and accordingly prepare for the exam.
- The book you opt for should have solved and unsolved sample papers for practice.
- The candidate should be good at Drawing / Sketching to get a good score.
- Practice previous year question papers for the past 10 years.
- The candidate should prepare for the exam by analyzing the difficulty level of the previous year papers.
- Have a good plan and strategy to prepare for the exam.
- Benefits of Starting JEE Main 2021 Preparation Early
- JEE Main Marks vs Rank: What is the Difference?
Highlights of JEE Main Paper 2
|Exam Name||JEE Main – Paper 2 (B.Arch)|
|JEE Main Paper 2 Exam Date||February and May (Postponed)|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours|
|Total Marks||400 Marks (300+100)|
|Language of the Paper||Hindi, English, Assamese, Bengali, Gujrati, Marathi, Kannada, Odia, Malayalam, Punjabi. Telugu, Tamil, Urdu|
|Mode of Exam||CBT & Offline Test for Drawing|
Best Books to Prepare for JEE Main Paper 2 (B.Arch)
For the preparation of JEE Main B.Arch examination, undoubtedly NCERT books are a clear winner according to all the toppers and teachers. But a candidate needs some reference books as well to excel in the exam with a qualifying score. The candidates need to be well versed with the JEE Main exam pattern before stratign with the preparation. Remember that there are three subjects to focus on for this examination-
You can refer to the some best books given below for these subjects.
You Might Like
A Complete Self-Guide for B.Arch Entrance Examination – P.K. Mishra (Arihant)
It is a preparation guide for the JEE Main Paper-2 and NATA (National Aptitude Test in Architecture) published by Arihant. The latest edition of the book consists of four sections:
- Analytical Reasoning
- Architecture Aptitude
- Drawing Aptitude
It is a complete self-guide as mentioned in the name. The candidate must study from this book as it covers all the important topics needed for the preparation of JEE Main Paper 2. Candidates can purchase the book from here.
Steps to Architecture (NATA) B.Arch. Entrance Exam – Nimish Madan
Designed for students preparing for NATA, the book fulfils the requirements of the candidate to prepare for the exam conducted by the Council of Architecture (COA). It is also one of the best books to crack JEE Main Paper 2 as there is a similarity in questions asked in both the papers. The major focus should be on the Aptitude and Drawing section only. Also, the book covers all the aspects needed for an aspiring architecture student to prepare for the exam like:
- History of Architecture in India
- Architecture Glossary of Present Day
- Availability of required Drawings and Sketches
- Previous Year Papers
The book covers all the aspects a candidate might need with illustrations provided with each topic for better understanding. The direct link to buy this best book is given here.
- JEE Main Counselling 2021: Check Out the Process and Schedule here
- JEE Main 2021: Reservation Criteria and Seat Matrix
B.Arch/NATA/JEE Main – Offline Drawing Test – Nimish Madan
This book will help you prepare for the Drawing Section of JEE Main Paper 2.
- The major content revolves around Drawing and Architecture with solved and unsolved sample papers of NATA as well as JEE Main Paper 2.
- You will find explanatory 2D and 3D images all over this book to work on pencil sketches.
- A large audience recommends this book for preparation of B.Arch entrance exams.
- Here is the direct link to buy the book.
B.Arch Entrance Examination JEE Main Paper 2 and NATA- Solved Papers and Practice Tests – Wiley Editorial
The book is designed to cater to the needs of the students aiming to make it to the top Architecture colleges in the country. It is good for JEE Main Paper 2 as well as NATA.
- The book includes a number of practice papers for the exam.
- It also includes solved previous year papers.
- This book also acts as a good question bank.
- The book will be of great help to students in their preparation by providing various mock papers to solve and practice.
You can buy this book from here.
Complete Architecture Entrance Guide – Ashok Goel and Arjun Kamal
The book showcases a detailed study of memory drawings, photos of national & international buildings, 2D & 3D composition, along with drawing perspectives.
- Candidates can refer to this book for architectural awareness and aptitude. But the mathematics section is not up to par.
- You will also find a large question bank from previous year papers of NATA and JEE Main Paper 2 in this book.
- You can buy this book from here.
Candidates can refer to the Best Books for JEE Main 2021 for the preparation of Mathematics section for Paper 2.
JEE Main Paper-2 Exam Pattern
JEE Main Paper-2 was decided to be conducted twice this year, but due to the COVID-19 breakout, the second paper has been postponed. The paper is held partially online and partially offline for the drawing part. JEE Main Paper-2 is conducted for aspiring architecture candidates applying for UG courses.
- Sections of JEE Main Paper-2
- Part I- Mathematics Test
- Part-II Aptitude Test
- Part-III Drawing Test
- No. of Questions- 77
- Marking Scheme – All the parts have equal weightage. For every correct answer, 4 marks are awarded and for every incorrect answer, 1 mark is deducted.
- For the numeric value questions, for a correct answer, 4 marks are awarded but no negative marking for an incorrect answer.
|Subjects||Maximum Marks||Maximum Questions|
In conclusion, there is a vast variety of study material available online and offline in the form of books, articles, or videos for the B.Arch Entrance Examination/JEE Main Paper 2. Also, candidates are advised to prepare using the online mocks and previous year papers for this examination. If you find books for JEE Main Paper 2 weak for your preparation, try using books for NATA as well. You can also refer to various Android apps for preparation.
A candidate can refer to as many books as they want. But in the end, it is their hard work and time management that will help them score the qualifying marks to get admitted into one of the best architectural institutes of the country.
Answer: JEE Main Paper 2 February session has already been conducted while the dates for May session that have been postponed are expected to be released soon.
Answer: Candidates should start by clearing their basics from NCERT textbooks of Class XI and XII and then proceed to other best books like textbooks by S.L Loney, R.S Aggarwal, Arihant Publications etc.
Answer: Mathematics and Aptitude sections of the exam are conducted in Computer Based Mode while teh Drawing section is conducted in Offline mode.