Last updated on October 27th, 2020 at 02:31 pm
We have provided some of the best books in this article to prepare for the JEE Main 2020 B.Arch exam (Paper 2). Bachelor of Architecture or B.Arch is a course offered by IIT Roorkee, IIT Kharagpur, School of Planning and Architecture, NITs and many other top architecture colleges.
- Mostly, colleges prefer NATA as the main examination for admissions to B.Arch courses. But now JEE Main Paper 2 or JEE Main B.Arch Exam is being considered as a good screening test for the B. Arch course.
- Hence, now even School of Planning and Architecture (SPA) have started accepting JEE Main Paper 2 scores for admissions to B.Arch courses. Candidates must refer to the best reference books to score well in JEE Main Paper 2.
- Although, many see JEE Main as an examination for admissions in the engineering field and thus Paper 2 & 3 does not see large participation.
Due to limited interest, there are a few books in the market for JEE Main Paper 2. But candidates are advised to use best books for other similar exams as well.
- JEE Main Exam Pattern for B. Arch Paper
- JEE Main Best Books for Paper 1
- JoSAA Counselling 2020: Seat Allotment Results Out!
JEE Main Paper 2 (B.Arch): Points to consider for preparation
- The syllabus is exhaustive and other than Mathematics, the school curriculum does not include sections of this examination.
- Do not opt for too many books, only rely on a few reliable sources and accordingly prepare for the exam.
- The book you opt should have solved and unsolved sample papers for practice.
- The candidate should be good at Drawing / Sketching to get a good score.
- Practice previous year question papers for the past 10 years.
- The candidate should prepare for the exam by analyzing the difficulty level of the previous years papers.
- Have a good plan and strategy to prepare for the exam.
Highlights of JEE Main Paper 2
|Exam Name||JEE Main – Paper 2 (B.Arch)|
|JEE Main Paper 2 Exam Date||1 September|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours|
|Total Marks||400 Marks|
|Language of the Paper||Hindi, English, and Gujrati|
|Mode of Exam||CBT & Offline Test for Drawing|
Best Books to prepare for JEE Mains Paper 2 (B.Arch)
For the preparation of JEE Main B.Arch examination, undoubtedly NCERT books are a clear winner according to all the toppers and teachers. But a candidate needs some reference books as well to excel in the exam with a qualifying score. There has been a recent change in the JEE Main exam pattern. From 2020 a separate paper (Paper 3) is conducted for B.Planning course. Remember that there are three subjects to focus on for this examination-
You can refer to the some best books given below for these subjects.
Latest News Updates
- JEE Main 2021: Mr Ramesh Pokhriyal Directs NTA to Draft a Fresh Syllabus
- JEE Main 2021 Delayed Till February, JEE Advanced 2021 Syllabus Being Reviewed
- JAC Delhi 2020 Counselling: Seat Allotment Result For Round 3 Declared
- IIT Kharagpur Will Conduct JEE Advanced 2021
- CSAB 2020 Special Rounds Counselling Schedule Released
A Complete Self-Guide for B.Arch Entrance Examination – P.K. Mishra (Arihant)
It is a preparation guide for the JEE Main Paper-2 and NATA (National Aptitude Test in Architecture) published by Arihant. The latest edition of the book consists of four sections:
- Analytical Reasoning
- Architecture Aptitude
- Drawing Aptitude
It is a complete self-guide as mentioned in the name. The candidate must study from this book as it covers all the important topics needed for the preparation of JEE Main Paper 2.
Steps to Architecture (NATA) B.Arch. Entrance Exam – Nimish Madan
Designed for students preparing for NATA, the book fulfils the requirements of the candidate to prepare for the exam conducted by the Council of Architecture (COA).
Candidates preparing for JEE Main Paper-2 can also refer to the book considering the similarity of questions asked in both the papers. The major focus should be on Aptitude and Drawing section only. The book covers all the aspects needed for an aspiring architecture student to prepare for the exam like:
- History of Architecture in India
- Architecture Glossary of Present Day
- Availability of required Drawings and Sketches
- Previous Year Papers
The book covers all the aspects a candidate might need with illustrations provided with each topic for better understanding.
B.Arch/NATA/JEE Main – Offline Drawing Test – Nimish Madan
This book will help you prepare for the Drawing Section of JEE Main Paper 2.
- The major content revolves around Drawing and Architecture with solved and unsolved sample papers of NATA as well as JEE Main Paper 2.
- You will find explanatory 2D and 3D images all over this book to work on pencil sketches.
- A large audience recommends this book for preparation of B.Arch entrance exams.
Complete Architecture Entrance Guide – Ashok Goel and Arjun Kamal
The book showcases a detailed study of memory drawings, photos of national & international buildings, 2D & 3D composition, along with drawing perspectives.
- Candidates can refer to this book for architectural awareness and aptitude. But the mathematics section is not up to par.
- You will also find a large question bank from previous year papers of NATA and JEE Main Paper 2 in this book.
Candidates can refer to the Best Books for JEE Main 2020 for the best books to prepare for Mathematics.
JEE Main Paper-2 Exam Pattern
JEE Main Paper-2 is conducted twice a year, but due to the COVID-19 breakout, the second paper has been postponed. The paper is held partially online and partially offline for the drawing part. JEE Main Paper-2 is conducted for aspiring architecture candidates applying for UG courses.
- Sections of JEE Main Paper-2
- Part I- Mathematics Test
- Part-II Aptitude Test
- Part-III Drawing Test
- No. of Questions- 77
- Marking Scheme – All the parts have equal weightage. For every correct answer, 4 marks are awarded and for every incorrect answer, 1 mark is deducted.
- For the numeric value questions, for a correct answer, 4 marks are awarded but no negative marking for an incorrect answer.
|Subjects||Maximum Marks||Maximum Questions|
In conclusion, there is a vast variety of study material available online and offline in the form of books, articles, or videos for the B.Arch Entrance Examination/JEE Main Paper 2. Also, candidates are advised to prepare using the online mocks and previous year papers for this examination. If you find books for JEE Main Paper 2 weak for your preparation, try using books for NATA as well.
A candidate can refer to as many books as they want. But in the end, it is their hard work and time management that will help them score the qualifying marks to get admitted into one of the best architectural institutes of the country.