Last updated on March 1st, 2021 at 04:14 pm
JEE Main Application Form 2021 (February session) was open from 16th December 2020 to 23rd January 2021. NTA will soon be opening the JEE Main Application Form window for March 2021 session. The application window will be re-opened for a brief time period after JEE Main 2021 Results for February session are out.
Candidates are required to provide preferences for JEE Main Exam Centres along with paper opted while applying for the exam. The information about the exam centre and schedule will be mentioned in the JEE Main 2021 Admit Card.
Latest Updates on JEE Main Application Form 2021-
- JEE Main Admit Card 2021 has been released on 11th February 2021. Candidates can use application number and DOB to download hall ticket.
- JEE Main Application Window 2021 for May session will be open from 3rd to 12th May 2021. Candidates will be asked to provide 12th boards exam date to avoid clash. Know More
- NTA released official notification and information bulletin for JEE Main 2021. Exam will be conducted in 4 sessions – February, March, April and May 2021.
- Candidates can apply for multiple sessions of JEE Main 2021 together and pay the combined application fees.
JEE Main Application Form 2021: Highlights
|Conducting Authority||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Mode of Registration||Online|
|Examination mode||Computer-Based Test|
|JEE Main Registration Fee (Single Paper)||General/OBC (Male) – INR 650
General/OBC (Female/Transgender) – INR 325
SC/ST/PwD (All) – INR 325
|NTA Helpdesk (JEE Main 2021)||0120 6895200 (Phone)
[email protected] (Email)
JEE Main Application Form Dates 2021
|Events||JEE Main Exam Dates|
|JEE Mains Application Forms Released||16 December 2020|
|JEE Main Registration 2021 Ends||23 January 2021|
|JEE Main Fee Payment Last Date||24 January 2021|
|JEE Main Form Correction 2021 (Begins)||27 January 2021|
|JEE Main Form Correction 2021 (Ends)||30 January 2021|
|Release of JEE Main Admit Card 2021||11 February 2021|
|JEE Main Examination Dates 2021||22 – 26th February 2021 (Session 1)
15 – 18th March 2021 (Session 2)
27 – 30th April 2021 (Session 3)
24 – 28th May 2021 (Session 4)
- Revision Plan for JEE Main 2021: Important Topics to Revise, Weightage
- JEE Main Previous Year Question Papers (Updated for 2020)
JEE Main Application Form 2021: Features
Following are the salient features of the JEE Main Registration 2021:
- JEE Main 2021 aspirants must have a valid Email ID and mobile number in the form for NTA to communicate any information to them.
- Candidates must ensure they have their recent scanned photographs and signatures as per the required specifications for JEE Main Registration 2021.
- Candidates are required to properly go through the instructions mentioned before filling the JEE Main Application Form 2021.
- Download the sample application form (check information bulletin) and go through it to avoid any error in your final JEE Main Application Form.
Eligibility for JEE Main Application Form 2021
There are four main parameters in JEE Main 2021 Eligibility criteria essential for JEE Main Registration 2021. All four criteria are discussed below-
- Educational Qualification
- For JEE Main 2021, only candidates who have passed 12th exam in 2019 (after July), 2020 or 2021 are allowed to apply.
- Minimum 50% marks in Maths and 50% marks in the aggregate are mandatory for B.Planning paper (Paper 1).
- Physics and Mathematics are mandatory subjects for B.E./B.Tech Paper applicants with additional subjects like Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/ Technical Vocational subjects.
- B.Arch Applicants must have passed 12th board exam with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- Age Limit
- NTA has removed the age limit barrier from JEE Main 2021 exam.
- The only condition for JEE Main 2021 is to pass 12th exam in 2019, 2020 or 2021 irrespective of their age can appear in JEE Main 2021.
- Year of Appearance of the Candidate
- Any candidate appearing for 12th boards in 2021 or have appeared in 2019, 2020 can apply for JEE Main 2021.
- Candidates who passed Class 12th/Qualifying examination in 2018 or before are not eligible.
- Candidates appearing for the class 12 board exams in 2022 or after are also ineligible.
- Number of Attempts
- Candidates can take the JEE Main exam for 3 consecutive years
- Candidate’s appearances in the two or more sessions held each year will be counted as their one attempt only.
Qualifying Exams Under JEE Main Eligibility Criteria
Only those candidates will be eligible for JEE Main 2021, who have qualified in the following examinations:
- 12th examination or equivalent conducted by a recognised board such as ICSE, CBSE, CISCE, etc.
- Intermediate or Pre-Degree Course exam or Pre-University Course organized by any of the recognized Board/University
- H.S.C – vocational exams
- For admission to IITs, General Certificate Education (GCE) exam (London/ Cambridge/ Sri Lanka) at Advanced level (A)
- Association of Indian Universities which is recognized by School/ Board/ University examination in India or any foreign country recognized as equivalent to the 12th class
- The final exam of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the NDA (National Defence Academy).
- Diploma of at least three years recognized by AICTE or SBTE.
- The Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with at least five subjects.
You Might Like-
What Are The Documents Required For JEE Main Application Form 2021?
Candidates are required to keep the following JEE Main Documents ready for JEE Registration 2021-
|Photograph in JPEG format – 10KB to 200KB (size)||Signature in JPEG format – 4KB to 30KB (size)|
|Aadhar card number||Proof of Date of Birth|
|Class 10 certificate||Class 12 mark sheet|
|Caste Certificate for SC, ST, OBC||Passport|
|Domicile Certificate||Debit/Credit Card, Net Banking, UPI|
Document Required by Foreign Candidates
Foreign candidates will require the followings documents for JEE Main Application Form 2021:
- Birth Certificate
- Class XII mark sheet with minimum 75% aggregate*
- ID proof
- Citizenship proof of respective country/passport
NOTE: 75% eligibility criteria has been removed from JEE Main 2021 by NTA. This is due to COVID-19 pandemic and less opportunity of classroom education for students.
How Can I Fill JEE Main Application Form 2021?
Follow the below-given steps for JEE Main Registration process:
Step 1: JEE Main Registration and Form Filling
- Visit the official website of JEE Main: jeemain.nta.nic.in and
- Click on “Apply for JEE Main 2021”
- A new window will open for JEE Main 2021 Login and Registration.
- Now click on “New Registration”
- A new page will open showing the various rules, fees and other details of JEE Main Application 2021 such as passwords etc.
- Scroll down, click on checkbox and Click on “Click here to Proceed”
- Candidates have to fill the particulars in the JEE Main Application Form as per their 10th Marksheet / Birth Certificate only.
- Fill up the JEE Main Registration form by providing the following details:
- State of Eligibility
- State where the Class 12th School / NIOS study center is located
- Identification Type
- Aadhaar Card Number
- Candidate’s Name
- Date of Birth
- Security Pin
- Do verify the email address and phone number as this cannot be changed. All communications will be sent to the registered email ID only.
- If the details of the Aadhaar Card match the details stored in the UID database, candidates can proceed to fill the JEE Main Application Form.
- On submission, an application number will be generated which can be used to complete the registration process.
Filling Applicant Details
Engineering or Architecture aspirants appearing for JEE Main 2021 are required to enter the following details in JEE Main Application Form 2021-
- Candidate’s Details: Nationality, Category, Address, Birth District, Religion, Minority Status, Disability Status.
- Academic Details: Year of passing class 12, Percentage/Marks – class 12/10, Question Paper Language, Qualifying Exam Code, School Education Board.
- Other Details: Self Declaration, Aadhaar Card Details, Father/Mother/Guardian’s Details, Annual Family Income etc.
Step 2: Uploading JEE Main Documents
- Candidates are required to upload Photograph and Signature in JEE Main Registration form as per the given specifications:
|Photograph (JPG)||10-200 KB|
- Check Image Specification.
- Clear photographs should be uploaded.
- Photographs with white background are preferable.
- Students must keep a reserve of multiple copies of the photograph as the same will be required during JEE Main Counselling and other procedures.
- In case of discrepancy in images, candidates can correct the same using the JEE Main Image Correction Window.
- Class 12th Marksheet/Certificate needs to be uploaded with size in between 50 KB to 200 KB Documents Upload
Step 3: Payment of Application Fee
- JEE Main Registration/Application Fee can be paid via:
- Debit Card
- Credit Card
- Net Banking
- Online Wallets
- GST and Transaction fee will be levied as per the payment method.
- UPI method can be preferred for zero bank charges.
- Upon successful payment of Application Fee, candidates are advised to save the confirmation page.
- If the confirmation page is not generated, candidates will have to pay the fee again.
- Fee once paid, shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
JEE Main Application Form 2021: Fee for single or combined papers
The table below details the JEE Main Registration fee (in INR) for various papers (single as well as a combination of papers).
|Category||Single Paper||Two or Three Papers||Single Paper||Two or Three Papers|
|Candidates Type||For Domestic Centres||For Foreign centres|
Latest News Updates
- Key Takeaways From Education Minister’s Webinar On JEE Main 2021 Examination
- JEE Main 2021: Live Session With Education Minister Extended To December 10th
- Uttarakhand Government To Provide Free Coaching Classes For JEE Aspirants
- JEE Main 2021: Mr Ramesh Pokhriyal Directs NTA to Draft a Fresh Syllabus
- JEE Main 2021 Delayed Till February, JEE Advanced 2021 Syllabus Being Reviewed
How To Choose JEE Main 2021 Exam Centres?
- Candidates have the option to choose any 4 exam centres according to their preference.
- The exam centre will be allotted by the exam authority only.
- For centres with less than 30 students, in such cases, those students will be allotted the last slot of the last exam day.
- Candidates must keep the following few things in mind while choosing an exam centre:
- The centre must be nearest so as to avoid delays in reaching the venue on time.
- It must be easy and accessible to reach.
- Evaluate transportation facilities to reach the centre.
- At the JEE Main Exam centres, the exam is conducted in the online mode.
- At JEE Main Exam Centers of Gujarat, Daman & Diu and Dadra and Nagar Haveli, the medium of question paper will be Hindi, English and Gujarati
Guidelines for JEE Main Application Form Password
JEE Main Application Form 2021 required a password and a security question at the time of JEE Main registration. Although it can be changed, it is advisable to create a strong password, which is easy to remember. Some rules for the password for JEE Main Application Form 2021 is given below:
- Character length should be in between 8 and 13
- Password must contain each of the following –
- Uppercase letter
- Lowercase letter
- Numeric character
- A special character such as – [email protected]#$%^&*()_+
- Candidates can use applications like Lastpass to save passwords, however, it is not suggested
- Google passwords also allow you to save passwords on Chrome browser.
For Resetting JEE Main Application Password
Candidates have 3 options to reset password:
- Answer security question
- OTP sent to the registered mobile number provided by candidate.
- Reset link sent to the registered email address provided by the candidate
Documents to keep handy after submitting JEE Main Application Form 2021
After the JEE Main registration process is complete, candidates need to keep the following documents handy:
- Print-out of the JEE Main registration fee payment & confirmation mail
- JEE Main Admit Card 2021 issued by NTA which can be downloaded from the official website
- Few passport size photographs, same as used while filling JEE Main application form
JEE Main Application Form 2021: Checking Status
The status of the JEE Main application form can be checked using the “Application Form Progress” feature on the left side of the application window:
- View Application Form
- Check scanned images
- View payment status
Checking Fee Payment Status for JEE Main 2021
- JEE Main 2021 applicants need to take a printout of the confirmation page only if the payment status reflects “Ok” status.
- In cases of online mode, if the payment status is not confirmed, then the candidate needs to pay the fees again.
- In case no status is displayed, then also candidates are required to make payment again.
- The money debited in the first instance will be credited to the candidate’s account in 7 days.
JEE Main Registration Statistics
The table below shows the number of candidates who registered and appeared for 3 papers of JEE Main 2020 January Session. It identifies the pattern for the upcoming JEE Main 2020 September session.
JEE Main 2020 [B.E./B.Tech] Registration statistics for January & April/ September Sessions
|Common candidates in January + April/ September 2020 Examination||5.88 lakhs||4.81 lakhs|
|Candidates in January 2020 Examination||9.21 lakhs||8.69 lakhs|
|Candidates in April/September 2020 Examination||8.41 lakhs||6.35 lakhs|
|Unique candidates in JEE Main January + April/September 2020||11.74 lakhs||10.23 lakhs|
JEE Main Registration 2021: Statistics Over Years
|Year||Applicants in Numbers|
Steps to Avail EWS Reservation in JEE Main 2021
NTA has implemented a 10% reservation for Economically Weaker Section candidates in JEE Main 2021. Eligible candidates need to apply for the reservation by selecting the option in JEE Main 2021 application form. Follow below steps to avail reservation:
- Visit the official website jeemain.nta.nic.in.
- Search for JEE Main Application Form
- While filling the application form select – EWS category
- Fill the rest of the form in the same way as explained above
- Submit the application form
Note: No certificate or supporting document needs to be uploaded but will be required at the time of applying for JEE Advanced 2021.
Forgot JEE Main Application 2021 Number?
JEE Main 2021 aspirants who could not remember their JEE Main application number 2021 can follow below steps:-
- Visit the official website and click on the candidate login window
- Click on “I can’t access my account” option
- Further select “ I forgot my JEE Main Application Form Number” option.
- Candidates will have to provide necessary details such as mother’s name, father’s name, date of birth, security pin and eligibility state.
- Once the details are submitted, JEE Main aspirants can retrieve their application number.
Forgot the JEE Main 2021 Password?
In case if a candidate forgets JEE Main 2021 password, he/she could retrieve it by following the below-mentioned steps:
- Visit the official website and click on the candidate login window
- Then, click on “I can’t access my account” option
- Select “ I forgot my password” option
- Select one of the following options to get a new password.
- Security Question and the answer is chosen during JEE Main registration
- Verification code sent to the candidate’s registered mobile number
- Ask to send a reset link to the registered email id
JEE Main Form Correction 2021: Edit JEE Form For Errors
- Every candidate needs to be extra vigilant while filling the JEE Main Application form 2021 to avoid errors.
- However, one can visit the official website to correct any information using the correction facility available.
- From the correction window available, select the “Edit Application Form” option and make necessary changes.
- At the time of JEE Main form correction, candidates have to pay an additional fee via different modes:
- Online through credit/debit card/E-wallet/SBI buddy/Paytm
- One can pay via e-challan generated during online correction by cash at branches of Syndicate/Canara/ICICI Bank
Steps for JEE Main Application Form 2021 Correction
Follow the below-mentioned steps to make any corrections in the application form:
- Click on the application correction window link at the official website (jeemain.nta.nic.in)
- Enter JEE Main Application Number, Password and Security code
- Make the necessary changes
- Enter the “Submit” Button
JEE Main Application Form Correction – What Can Be Changed?
- Personal information: Spelling mistakes in names, parent’s names can be corrected
- Academic details: Details related to school, year of passing and qualifying exam can be rectified
- Change of paper: The choice of paper can also be corrected. In case candidates opt for an additional paper, the balance fee needs to be paid
- Language of Examination: Candidates can change the language of examination from one to other
- Category: NTA allows candidates to make changes in the category as well
- Fee will not be refunded if it is changed from general to reserved
- Candidate need to pay balance fee it the category is changed from reserved to general
- Exam Centers: Students can even change the exam centres
Application Fee for Form Correction
Candidates need to pay an additional fee if they make the following corrections:
- If additional papers are selected by the candidate, OR
- If the candidate has changed his/her category from reserved to general (OPEN).
How to check the size of the image?
The below steps ensures that the uploaded images are as per the guidelines or not:
- Right-click on the image to be uploaded
- Click on the properties of the image
- On the properties window, click on the Details tab and view the dimensions of the image
Scope of changing exam centre city
- NTA has expanded the scope of editing JEE Main exam centre from this year itself owing to COVID 19 and subsequent lockdown.
- For the majority of candidates who might be stuck in a particular city, this editing option has been the need of the hour.
- JEE Main Application Correction window was opened till 20th July 2021.
JEE Main Application Form 2021 FAQs
Last updated on December 18th, 2020 at 11:33 am
Ans: JEE Main 201 candidates can pay the registration fee in online mode only. For online payment, one can opt for debit card / credit card / netbanking / UPI. GST charges will be applicable as well. There is no other alternative to pay the JEE Main 2021 Application fee offline or via cash.
Ans: Admit cards will be available a few days before the schedule of the examination. Registered candidates can log in with username, password or date of birth at the official website for JEE Main to obtain admit card.
Ans: Yes, NTA has provided a provision to edit certain parameters upto a deadline. One can edit almost every detail including the exam center. Visit the official website for details.
Ans. An incomplete application form can be rejected due to absence of photo, signature or payment of fees. Also, the form can be rejected due the unclear photo or signature.
Last updated on November 23rd, 2020 at 11:48 am
Ans. Yes, it is possible to apply for both B. Arch and B. Planning paper simultaneously.
JEE Main 2021 Phase 1 will be conducted from 23 – 26th February 2021.
JEE Main 2021 Phase 2 will be conducted from 15 – 18th March 2021.
JEE Main 2021 Phase 3 will be conducted from 27 – 30th April 2021.
JEE Main 2021 Phase 4 will be conducted from 24 – 28th May 2021.
Yes, NTA will open JEE Main Application Window for a short period after results of February, March and April 2021 sessions of JEE Main. Candidates who wish to apply can do so during this period.
No, NTA has not reduced the JEE Main 2021 Syllabus. However, as per new exam pattern 15 numerical questions will be optional. 10 Numerical value questions will be provided in each Subject – Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics – out of which 5 have to be attempted.