Last updated on November 23rd, 2020 at 05:07 pm
Latest Updates on JEE Main Application Form-
- JEE Main Application Form 2021 is expected to be released by the end of November 2020.
- Students have been getting anxious due to no official notification on JEE Main 2021. Read More
- JEE Main Counselling 2020 has started with counselling rounds by JoSAA from 6th October 2020. Check Here
Candidates are required to provide preferences for JEE Main Exam centres along with paper opted while applying for the exam. The information about the exam centre and schedule will be mentioned in the JEE Main Admit Card.
JEE Main 2021 Application: Highlights
|Conducting Authority||National Testing Agency|
|Mode of Registration||Online|
|Minimum Eligibility||Intermediate Graduate|
|Application Fee (expected)||General/OBC Male Candidates – Rs. 650
General/OBC Female Candidates – Rs. 325
|Mode of Payment||Net banking, Credit card, Debit card, UPI, or PayTM|
JEE Main 2021 Application Dates
Application Dates for January session
|Event Name||Date (Tentative)|
|Commencement of JEE Main 2021 Registration||End of November|
|Registration Ends||2nd week of December 2020|
|Last Day for Application fee Submission||3rd week of December 2020|
|JEE Main 2021 Form Correction (Begins)||4th week of December 2020|
|JEE Main 2021 Form Correction (Ends)||1st week of January 2021|
|Release of JEE Main 2021 Admit Card||2nd week of January 2021|
|JEE Main 2021 Examination||Last week of January 2021|
Application Dates For April Session
|Events||April 2021 Dates (Tentative)|
|Commencement of JEE Main 2021 Registration||1st week of February 2021|
|Registration Ends||3rd week of February 2021|
|Last Day for Application fee Submission||4th week of February 2021|
|JEE Main 2021 Form Correction (Begins)||1st week of March 2021|
|JEE Main 2021 Form Correction (Ends)||2nd week of March 2021|
|Release of JEE Main 2021 Admit Card||April 2021|
|JEE Main 2021 Examination||End of April 2021 or May 2021|
JEE Main 2021 Application Process: Developments Due To COVID-19 Pandemic
JEE Main 2021 application form will be made available in online mode at the official website of NTA. Only eligible candidates will be able to fill the form.
- Due to ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and delay in school reopening, the date for JEE Main 2021 exams for both the sessions might get affected and get shifted.
- As schools have reduced the annual syllabus, the syllabus for JEE Main might also get decreased.
- Students can check the updated details of the next year JEE exam on the official website soon.
JEE Main 2021 Registration: Features
Following are the salient features of the JEE Main 2021 Registration:
- JEE Main 2021 aspirants must have filled a valid email id and mobile number in the form for NTA to communicate information to them.
- Candidates must keep recent photographs and signatures handy before JEE Main 2021 Registration.
- For JEE Main aspirants, it was mandatory to upload class 12 mark sheet/ admit card/ certificate.
- Candidates were required to properly go through the instructions mentioned in the application form.
- Download the sample application form and go through it to avoid any error in the final application form.
- Also, candidates must ensure not to add any prefixes such as Mr/Shri/Fr/Dr/Mrs/Smt/Col with their or guardian’s names.
JEE Main Application Form 2021: Eligibility
There are four main parameters in JEE Main 2021 Eligibility criteria essential for JEE Main Registration.
- Educational Qualification
- For JEE Main 2021, only candidates who have passed 12th exam in 2019 (after July), 2020 or 2021 are allowed to apply.
- Minimum 50% marks in Maths and 50% marks in the aggregate are mandatory for B.Planning paper (Paper 1).
- Physics and Mathematics are mandatory subjects for B.E./B.Tech Paper applicants with additional subjects like Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/ Technical Vocational subjects.
- B. Arch Applicants must have passed 12th board exam with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- Age Limit
- NTA has removed the age limit barrier from JEE Main 2021 exam.
- The only condition for JEE Main 2021 is to pass 12th exam in 2019, 2020 or 2021 irrespective of their age can appear in JEE Main 2021.
- Year of Appearance of the Candidate
- Candidates appearing for 12th exam in 2021 or have appeared in 2018, 2019 can apply for JEE Main 2021.
- Candidates who passed Class 12th/Qualifying examination in 2017 or before are not eligible.
- Candidates appearing for the class 12 board exams in 2021 or after are also ineligible.
- Number of Attempts
- Candidates can take the JEE Main exam for 3 consecutive years
- Candidate’s appearances in the two sessions held each year will be counted as their one attempt only.
Qualifying Exams Under JEE Main Eligibility Criteria
Only those candidates will be eligible for JEE Main 2021, who have qualified in the following examinations:
- 12th examination or equivalent conducted by a recognised board such as ICSE, CBSE, CISCE, etc.
- Intermediate or Pre-Degree Course exam or Pre-University Course organized by any of the recognized Board/University
- H.S.C – vocational exams
- For admission to IITs, General Certificate Education (GCE) exam (London/ Cambridge/ Sri Lanka) at Advanced level (A)
- Association of Indian Universities which is recognized by School/ Board/ University examination in India or any foreign country recognized as equivalent to the 12th class
- The final exam of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the NDA.
- Diploma of at least three years recognized by AICTE or SBTE
- The Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with at least five subjects
Prerequisites for JEE Main Registration 2021
Documents required for JEE Main Registration process are tabulated below:
|Photograph in JPEG format – 10KB to 200KB (size)||Signature in JPEG format- 4KB to 30KB (size)|
|Aadhaar card number||Proof of Date of Birth|
|Class 10 certificate||Class 12 mark sheet|
|Caste Certificate for SC or ST||Passport|
Document Required by Foreign Candidates
Foreign candidates will require the followings documents for JEE Main 2021 Application Form:
- Birth Certificate
- Class XII mark sheet with minimum 75% aggregate
- ID proof
- Citizenship proof of respective country/passport
Suggested Web Browsers for applying:
- Google Chrome 3.0
- Mozilla 3.0 and above
- Internet Explorer 9 and above.
How to Fill the JEE Main 2021 Application Form?
Follow the below-given steps for JEE Main Registration process:
Step 1: JEE Main Registration and Form Filling
- Visit the official website of JEE Main: jeemain.nta.nic.in and
- Click on “Apply for JEE Main 2021”
Apply for JEE Main 2021
- Two links appear on the window opened, one for “Fresh Registrations” and one for “JEE Main 2021 January Registration“
- Candidates who have appeared for JEE Main January 2021 Session need to enter the same Application Number and password
- Others need to register as new candidates and then fill up the JEE Main Registration form by providing the following details:
- State of Eligibility
- State where the Class 12th School / NIOS study center is located
- Identification Type
- Aadhaar Card Number
- Candidate’s Name
- Date of Birth
- Security Pin
JEE Application details
- Verify the email id and phone number.
- If the details of the Aadhaar Card match the details stored in the UID database, candidates can proceed to fill the JEE Main Application Form.
- On submission, an application number will be generated which can be used to complete the registration process.
Registration Form Filling
Engineering or Architecture aspirants appearing for JEE Main 2021 are required to enter the following details in JEE Main Registration form-
- Candidate’s Details: Nationality, Category, Address, Birth District, Religion, Minority Status, Disability Status
- Academic Details: Year of passing class 12, Percentage/Marks – class 12/10, Question Paper Language, Qualifying Exam Code, School Education Board
- Other Details: Self Declaration, Aadhaar Card Details, Father/Mother/Guardian’s Details
Step 2: Upload Documents
- Candidates are required to upload Photograph and Signature in JEE Main Registration form as per the given specifications:
|Photograph (JPG)||10-200 KB|
- Check Image Specification.
- Clear photographs should be uploaded.
- Photographs with white background are preferable.
- Students must keep a reserve of multiple copies of the photograph as the same will be required during JEE Main Counselling and other procedures.
- In case of discrepancy in images, candidates can correct the same using the JEE Main Image Correction Window.
- Class 12th Marksheet/Certificate needs to be uploaded with size in between 50 KB to 200 KB Documents Upload
Step 3: Payment of Application Fee
- JEE Main Registration/Application Fee can be paid via:
- Debit Card
- Credit Card
- Net Banking
- Online Wallets
- GST and Transaction fee will be levied as per the payment method.
- UPI method can be preferred for zero bank charges.
- Upon successful payment of Application Fee, candidates are advised to save the confirmation page.
- In case of any error, contact JEE Main with the help of any of the below-mentioned details:
JEE (Main) Unit Central Board of Secondary Education
Address: Plot No. 149, Block – H,
Sector – 63, Noida – 201309
Distt- Gautam Budh Nagar (U.P.)
Email: [email protected]
Helpline No.: 7042399520, 7042399521, 7042399525, 7042399526
- If the confirmation page is not generated, candidates will have to pay the fee again.
- Fee once paid, shall not be refunded under any circumstances
JEE Main Application: Fee for single or combined papers
The table below details the JEE Main Registration fee for various papers (single as well as a combination of papers).
|Category||Single Paper||Two or Three Papers||Single Paper||Two or Three Papers|
|Candidates Type||For Local candidates||For Foreign candidates|
Latest News Updates
Step 4: Select Exam Centres and Slot for the Exam
- JEE Main 2021 aspirants can choose exam centres from the preference list of 258 exam cities available.
- Allocation of centres for the JEE Main exam will be on a first come first serve basis.
- Candidates applying for offline mode need to select a minimum of 4 JEE Main Exam Centres and those opting for computer-based test (CBT) need to choose only one test centre
How to Choose JEE Main 2021 Exam centres?
- Candidates have the option to choose any 4 exam centres according to their preference.
- The exam centre will be allotted by the exam authority only.
- For centres with less than 30 students, in such cases, those students will be allotted the last slot of the last exam day.
- Candidates must keep the following few things in mind while choosing an exam centre:
- The centre must be nearest so as to avoid delays in reaching the venue on time.
- It must be easy and accessible to reach.
- Evaluate transportation facilities to reach the centre.
- At the JEE Main Exam centres, the exam is conducted in the online mode.
- At JEE Main Exam Centers of Gujarat, Daman & Diu and Dadra and Nagar Haveli, the medium of question paper will be Hindi, English and Gujarati
Guidelines for JEE Main Application Form Password
JEE Main 2021 Application Form required a password and a security question at the time of JEE Main registration. Although it can be changed, it is advisable to create a strong password, which is easy to remember. Some rules for the password for JEE Main Application Form 2021 is given below:
- Character length should be in between 8 and 13
- Password must contain each of the following –
- Uppercase letter
- Lowercase letter
- Numeric character
- A special character such as – [email protected]#$%^&*()_+
- Candidates can use applications like Lastpass to save passwords, however, it is not suggested
- Google passwords also allow you to save passwords on Chrome browser.
For Resetting JEE Main Application Password
Candidates have 3 options to reset password:
- Answer security question
- OTP sent to the registered mobile number provided by candidate.
- Reset link sent to the registered email address provided by the candidate
Documents to keep handy after submitting JEE Main 2021 Application Form
After the JEE Main registration process is complete, candidates need to keep the following documents handy:
- Printout of the JEE Main registration confirmation mail
- JEE Main Admit Card 2021 issued by NTA which can be downloaded from the official website
- Few passport size photographs, same as used while filling JEE Main application form
JEE Main Application Form: Checking Status
The status of the JEE Main application form can be checked using the “Application Form Progress” feature on the left side of the application window:
- View Application Form
- Check scanned images
- View payment status
Checking Fee Payment Status for JEE Main 2021
- JEE Main 2021 applicants need to take a printout of the confirmation page only if the payment status reflects “Ok” status.
- In cases of online mode, if the payment status is not confirmed, then the candidate needs to pay the fees again.
- In case no status is displayed, then also candidates are required to make payment again.
- The money debited in the first instance will be credited to the candidate’s account in 7 days.
JEE Main Registration Statistics
The table below shows the number of candidates who registered and appeared for 3 papers of JEE Main 2020 January Session. It identifies the pattern for the upcoming JEE Main 2020 September session.
JEE Main 2020 [B.E./B.Tech] Registration statistics for January & April/ September Sessions
|Common candidates in January + April/ September 2020 Examination||5.88 lakhs||4.81 lakhs|
|Candidates in January 2020 Examination||9.21 lakhs||8.69 lakhs|
|Candidates in April/September 2020 Examination||8.41 lakhs||6.35 lakhs|
|Unique candidates in JEE Main January + April/September 2020||11.74 lakhs||10.23 lakhs|
JEE Main 2021 Registration: Statistics Over Years
|Year||Applicants in Numbers|
Steps to Avail EWS Reservation in JEE Main 2021
NTA has implemented a 10% reservation for Economically Weaker Section candidates in JEE Main 2021. Eligible candidates need to apply for the reservation by selecting the option in JEE Main 2021 application form. Follow below steps to avail reservation:
- Visit the official website jeemain.nta.nic.in.
- Search for JEE Main Application Form
- While filling the application form select – EWS category
- Fill the rest of the form in the same way as explained above
- Submit the application form
Note: No certificate or supporting document needs to be uploaded but will be required at the time of applying for JEE Advanced 2021.
Forgot JEE Main 2021 Application Number?
JEE Main 2021 aspirants who could not remember their JEE Main 2021 application number can follow below steps:-
- Visit the official website and click on the candidate login window
- Click on “I can’t access my account” option
- Further select “ I forgot my JEE Main Application Form Number” option.
- Candidates will have to provide necessary details such as mother’s name, father’s name, date of birth, security pin and eligibility state.
- Once the details are submitted, JEE Main aspirants can retrieve their application number.
Forgot the JEE Main 2021 Password?
In case if a candidate forgets JEE Main 2021 password, he/she could retrieve it by following the below-mentioned steps:
- Visit the official website and click on the candidate login window
- Then, click on “I can’t access my account” option
- Select “ I forgot my password” option
- Select one of the following options to get a new password.
- Security Question and the answer is chosen during JEE Main registration
- Verification code sent to the candidate’s registered mobile number
- Ask to send a reset link to the registered email id
JEE Main 2021 Application Form Correction
- Every candidate needs to be extra vigilant while filling the JEE Main 2021 Application form to avoid errors.
- However, one can visit the official website to correct any information using the correction facility available.
- From the correction window available, select the “Edit Application Form” option and make necessary changes.
- At the time of JEE Main form correction, candidates have to pay an additional fee via different modes:
- Online through credit/debit card/E-wallet/SBI buddy/Paytm
- One can pay via e-challan generated during online correction by cash at branches of Syndicate/Canara/ICICI Bank
Steps for JEE Main 2021 Application Form Correction
Follow the below-mentioned steps to make any corrections in the application form:
- Click on the application correction window link at the official website ( jeemain.nta.nic.in)
- Enter JEE Main Application Number, Password and Security code
- Make the necessary changes
- Enter the “Submit” Button
JEE Main 2021 Application Form Correction details:
- Personal information: Spelling mistakes in names, parent’s names can be corrected
- Academic details: Details related to school, year of passing and qualifying exam can be rectified
- Change of paper: The choice of paper can also be corrected. In case candidates opt for an additional paper, the balance fee needs to be paid
- Language of Examination: Candidates can change the language of examination from one to other
- Category: NTA allows candidates to make changes in the category as well
- Fee will not be refunded if it is changed from general to reserved
- Candidate need to pay balance fee it the category is changed from reserved to general
- Exam Centers: Students can even change the exam centres
Application Fee for Form Correction
Candidates need to pay an additional fee if they make the following corrections:
- If additional papers are selected by the candidate, OR
- If the candidate has changed his/her category from reserved to general (OPEN).
How to check the size of the image?
The below steps ensures that the uploaded images are as per the guidelines or not:
- Right-click on the image to be uploaded
- Click on the properties of the image
- On the properties window, click on the Details tab and view the dimensions of the image
Scope of changing exam centre city
- NTA has expanded the scope of editing JEE Main exam centre from this year itself owing to COVID 19 and subsequent lockdown.
- For the majority of candidates who might be stuck in a particular city, this editing option has been the need of the hour.
- JEE Main Application Correction window was opened till 20th July 2021.
- It allows a candidate to correct particulars and also update exam city preferences.
JEE Main 2021 – How to choose NTA Practice Centers?
- The Ministry of Human Resource Development has asked the NTA to establish a network of test practice centres in various parts of the country
- The emphasis of test centres is mainly prominent for the candidates belonging to rural areas.
- The main aim for this is to make the students comfortable with the computer-based test.
- Around 4000 test practice centres have been established by NTA in schools and colleges across the country to spread awareness about the CBT mode among the candidates.
- Candidates can register for these centres on the official website of NTA completely free of cost.
- “NTA Student” application can be used to locate the exam centres and the nearest test practice centre offered by NTA.
How to Register for Mock Test in TPC?
- Start with visiting the official website of NTA: nta.ac.in
- Click on “student registration”
- Enter personal information such as contact details, academic details, etc.
- A screen will be displayed on which candidate can select any 5 centres according to their preference.
- Lastly, select schedule and click on confirm.
Note: Candidate will get the confirmation SMS on the registered mobile number along with the registered email address. This SMS will be used at the time of entry at the centre.
JEE Main 2021 – Admit Card
- Registered candidates will be issued admit cards only a few days before the exam date
- One needs to log in to the NTA official website jeemain.nta.nic.in to download the admit card
JEE Main 2021 Admit Card – Key Points
- JEE Main 2021 Admit Card is mandatory for verification.
- It is a document used as an identity proof and entry ticket to the examination hall.
- NTA will issue separate admit cards for Paper I and Paper II, i.e, B.E/ B.Tech and B.Arch/B.Plan.
- Candidates will be intimated on the issue of JEE Main Admit Card on their registered mobile number and email ID.
- Candidates can contact the helpdesk in case of any discrepancies in the admit card.
- Students can access their e-admit card by logging in using their credentials.
Steps to Download the Admit Card for JEE Main 2021
- Visit the official portal
- Click on the “Download Admit Card” link
- Enter your application number and DOB/ Password
- Check the necessary details and click on “Download admit card”
- Get a printout of the same and retain it for future use.
Details mentioned on the Admit Card
|Paper / Papers Chosen||Date and Time of Exam|
|Date of Birth||Passport-sized photograph|
|Address of Exam Center||Medium of Question Paper|
|State Code of Eligibility||General Instructions for the exams|
Discrepancy in JEE Main 2021 Admit Card
JEE Main 2021 candidates may come across certain discrepancies in their admit cards including:
- Spelling Mistakes
- Pwd/DA status wrongly placed
- Difference in the test centers and city allotted
- Missing or unclear photograph
Such discrepancies can be resolved by sending a mail at [email protected].
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Ans: JEE Main candidates can fee for registration in both online and offline mode. For online payment, one can opt for debit card/credit card/netbanking etc. while one can also go for e-challan that can be paid in cash at selected bank branches.
Ans: Admit cards will be available a few days before the schedule of the examination. Registered candidates can log in with username, password or date of birth at the official website for JEE Main to obtain admit card.
Ans: Yes, NTA has provided a provision to edit certain parameters upto a deadline. One can edit almost every detail including the exam center. Visit the official website for details.
Ans. An incomplete application form can be rejected due to absence of photo, signature or payment of fees. Also, the form can be rejected due the unclear photo or signature.
Last updated on November 23rd, 2020 at 11:48 am
Ans. Yes, it is possible to apply for both B. Arch and B. Planning paper simultaneously.