National Testing Agency (NTA) will issue JEE Main 2020 Admit Card from December 06, 2019 for January session and from March 31, 2020 for April session. Candidates who will register successfully for January and April session can download their hall ticket at jeemain.nic.in. Read JEE Main Syllabus
NTA will issue separate admit card for Paper I and Paper II. Paper I is for B.E/B.Tech while Paper II is for B.Arch/B.Planning. Check JEE Main Exam Pattern
Candidates will be notified about the release of admit card on their registered Email ID and Mobile No. So, it is advised that candidates check their mail inbox and SMS box of registered mobile number regularly. Aspirants can check the JEE Main exam center list which is officially released by NTA.
Candidates are advised to contact JEE Main Helpdesk in case of any technical glitches or some discrepancy in the admit card.
Candidates are advised to go through JEE Main 2020 January Paper Analysis to get an idea about Paper pattern and difficulty level along with the type of questions asked.
Enter your JEE Main 2020 credentials, namely application number, password, security pin to access your e-admit card. In case of any discrepancy, contact the concerned authorities immediately. Through the article, candidates will get complete information about JEE Main Admit Card, important dates and how to download it. Check JEE Main Slot Booking Details
How to download JEE Main Admit Card?
JEE aspirants who will successfully fill in the application form for JEE Main, can download their ticket from the official website of JEE. Follow the steps to check and download your JEE Admit Card:
Step 1: Visit the official portal of JEE Main.
Step 2: Click on “Download Admit Card” link
Step 3: Choose to download Admit Card with Application Number and Password or Application Number and Date of Birth. Enter Required Details.
Note: Intermediated graduates (10+2) can enter their CBSE Roll Number as well.
Step 4: Check all the details – Candidate’s Name, DOB, Father’s Name and Mother’ Name and click on ‘Download Your Admit Card’.
Step 5: Download your JEE Main Admit Card pdf and print it for future reference.
Please note– A link will flash on the site to download the admit card.
Why Admit Card is important to Download?
- The document is an ID proof for JEE Main candidate.
- It acts as an entry ticket at the JEE Main Exam Center
- Candidate and Examination details are mentioned in it.
Sample of JEE Main Admit Card
Details on JEE Main 2020 Admit Card
Following details will be printed in JEE Main Hall Ticket/ Admit Card:
- Candidate’s Name
- Paper/Papers Chosen
- Date of Birth
- Address of Exam Center
- State Code of Eligibility
- Date and time of the Exam
- Passport Sized Photograph (as uploaded in the application form)
- Signature (as uploaded in the application form)
- Medium of Question Paper
- General Instructions for the exam
Discrepancy in JEE Main 2020 Admit Card
If you find any discrepancy in the details mentioned in the admit card, drop a mail at [email protected] before the stipulated time. Following error can be sometimes spotted in the hall ticket:
- Spelling mistake(s)
- PwD/ DA status wrongly printed
- Difference in Test centre and the city allotted
- Photograph is not clear/ present
- Issues in downloading the admit card
Contact Numbers: 1800 112211 / 18004253800; 7042399520, 7042399521, 7042399525, 7042399526
E-mail: httpss://cms.onlinesbi.com/CMS/ and jeemain-nta[at]nic[dot]in
Forgot Application Number & Password?
The process to retrieve the application no. and password is as follows:
Step 1: Open the JEE Main 2020 admit card page
Step 2: Click on “I can’t access my account”
Step 3: Then select any of the following 2 options:
- I forgot my Password
- I forgot my Application Number
Step 4: Click on “Continue” button, the following options will be displayed:
- Select the security question and write the answer, selected during registration.
- Use the verification code sent via text message (SMS) to the registered mobile number
- By using the reset link sent via email to the registered email id.
Step 5: Select any of the above-mentioned options and then click “Continue”.
Step 6: You will be re-directed to another page, fill the following details to retrieve the application number of JEE Main.
- Candidate’s Name
- Mother’s Name
- Father’s Name
- Date of Birth
- State of Eligibility
- Security Pin (will be case sensitive)
Stationary/Documents allowed with JEE Main Admit Card?
Candidates are required to carry few documents and material along with their hall ticket.
- For Paper 1: JEE Main 2020 admit card, copy of PwD certificate (if applicable) and Government authorized ID Proof.
- For Paper 1 & 2: Bring their own clipboard, pencil, eraser, geometry box set and color pencils/crayons.
JEE Main Exam Day Guidelines
- Check all the particulars mentioned in the document. In case of any discrepancy, immediately contact NTA for necessary action.
- Visit the examination center a day before the exam so as to report in time on the exam day.
- Candidates must be punctual and be present at JEE Main Exam Centre as per the reporting time.
- Stationary items like Ballpoint pen, paper for the online examination will be provided at the center only.
- For offline mode exam, bring your own geometry box set, pencils, erasers and colour pencils or crayons.
- Students will not be allowed inside the exam hall without the admit card and ID Proof.
- Do not bring any impermissible items inside the exam hall.
- PwD candidates must carry a copy of the disability certificate in the prescribed format.
- The admit card is provided on a provisional basis to the candidate and is subject to his/her satisfying the eligibility conditions.
JEE Main Admit Card/ Hall Ticket FAQs
Answer: In this case, you have to reset your password. You need to follow below given steps:
- Visit the official website @jeemain.nic.in
- Then you need to click on “Forget Password” link.
- To Answer the security question
- A verification code will be sent to your registered mobile number
- Reset Password link will be sent to your registered email ID
- Then you need to visit your email ID; click on the reset password link and create a new password
- After generating your new password candidate will avail to download JEE Main admit card.
Ans: The admit card of JEE Main 2020 for all registered candidates will be available to download tentatively from the second week of March, 2020.
Ans: The candidates can follow the below steps for downloading the admit card of JEE Main 2020.
- As soon as NTA will release the admit card, the link to download it will be provided on the official website of NTA, candidates need to click on that link and a window as shown below will appear.
- The candidates will then have to enter Application Number and Date of Birth. Application number should be same as that generated at the time registration. (If you have forgotten it, check how to retrieve application number.
- Click on the “Login” button.
- Check and download the displayed JEE Main 2020 Hall Ticket.
Ans: Under any circumstances, if the candidate comes across any discrepancies in their admit cards, then they should immediately get in touch with the JEE (Main) Secretariat. Candidates can also get in touch with the officials via email or telephone. We have mentioned the contact details to get in touch with the officials below.
|Helpline No.||7042399520, 7042399521, 7042399525, 7042399526|
|Helpline No. for queries related to Computer Based Exam.||18002669778 (operational from 1st March 2018)|
|Email for queries related to Computer Based Exam.||[email protected] (operational from 1st March 2020)|
Ans:. Yes, it is necessary for each and every applicant to bring the admit card to the exam centre and without the possession of the admit card, no candidate will be permitted to sit in the examination.
Ans: Here are a few guidelines that the students appearing for the joint entrance exam should keep in mind on the day of the exam. Please refer to the pointers below:
- It is necessary to carry the admit card on the day of exam because you will not be allowed to appear in the entrance exam, candidates should report to the exam center at least 2 hours 30 minutes before the exam to finish the registration formalities.
- Students will not be allowed to carry textual material, Calculators, Document or any electronic devices in the exam hall.
- The test will start exactly at the time mentioned in the Admit Card and candidates will not be allowed to enter the exam hall once the exam has started.
- Candidates should use only this pen to write particulars on test booklet, answer sheet and darkening the circles of response.
- As all the Examination Halls /Rooms will be having a Wall clock, candidates are not allowed to wear/carry any type of watch in the examination hall/room.
- Candidates are requested to visit the Venue of Test, a day before the examination so as to reach in time on the day of examination. Any request for change of City/Centre of examination will not be entertained.
- The candidates will be permitted to appear at allotted venue of test only. No candidate will be allowed to appear in the examination at any other centre of examination. The candidate should sit on the seat allotted to him/her.
- No Candidate in any case will be allowed to enter at the Examination Centre after the commencement of the examination in each paper.
- No Candidate without Admit Card shall be allowed to sit in the examination by the Centre Superintendent.
- Candidates must preserve JEE Main 2020 Admit Card till the allotment of seat in College/Institution.
Ans: Following details will be printed in the JEE Main 2020 admit card:
- Candidate’s Name
- Father’s Name
- Category/Person with Disability
- Email ID & Mobile Number
- Centre Code
- Name & Address of Exam Centre
- Exam Date & Timing
- Roll Number
- Application Number
- State Code of Eligibility
- Name & Medium of the Question Paper
- Exam Related Instructions
Ans: No. Candidates who have completed the registration process successfully will be able to download the admit card. The admit card will be released through online mode. It will not be sent by any offline methods. Candidates have to furnish details like application number, date of birth and security pin to download the JEE Main hall ticket 2020.
Ans: The details that candidates need to check before printing the admit card of JEE Main 2020
- Date of Birth
- Test Centre
- Name, City
- State Code of Eligibility
In case of any discrepancy, candidates should immediately contact the JEE (Main) Secretariat/ NTA for necessary action.
Ans: Candidates may note that the JEE Main admit card is an identity document. It will be required during counseling. Therefore candidates should safely keep it till their admission. The admit card of JEE Main is issued provisionally. Candidates cannot claim admissions if they just possess the admit card. Their eligibility must be proven during the counseling.
Ans: Below are the details which you can carry in examination hall.
- Candidates are advised that they will be provided with a black ball point pen by the authorities hence they will not be allowed to carry a pen or pencil inside the exam hall. This is one of the directions given in admit card of JEE Main.
- Candidates can carry a cardboard or writing pad with nothing written on it to place their answer paper on it while answering.
- Candidates appearing for the JEE main Paper 2 will have to carry their own Geometry Box Set, Pencils, Erasers and Color pencils or Crayons for the drawing paper. They will be provided the drawing sheet by the authorities. However they should not use water colors for the drawing paper.
Ans: The candidates will be required to carry a valid identity proof along with the JEE Main 2020 admit card while reporting at the examination centre and PwD candidates must also carry a copy of the PwD certificate in the prescribed format (Appendix 9) issued by the Competent Authority.
Ans: If candidates are not able to download their admit card of JEE Main 2020 due to problems related to discrepancy/mismatch in their name as compared with their board data, then a correction facility will be provided, the candidates will be able to correct their name in the JEE Main 2020 application form as per the board data. The candidates will be able to download the JEE Main 2020 admit card after making the necessary corrections.
Ans: It is advised that the candidates check the details mentioned on the admit card as soon as they download their admit cards. The details that will be mentioned on their admit cards are listed below.
|Field in JEE Main Admit Card||Significance|
|Center number||Code of examination center|
|Center of examination||Name of exam center and address|
|Candidate’s name||Name of candidate as given in application form|
|Father’s name||Name of father of candidate as given in application form|
|Candidate mailing address||Address, locality, city, district code, state code, pin code|
|Email address||Email ID of applicant through which registration was done for JEE Main|
|Mobile number||Mobile number entered by candidate in form|
|Course||Whether Paper 1 – BE/B. Tech. only, or Paper 2 – B. Arch only, or Paper 3 – B. Plan or Paper 1 – BE/B. Tech. and Paper 2 – B. Arch and Paper 3 – B. Plan|
|Date of exam||Apr-03 to 09|
|Paper||Paper 1, or Paper 2 or Paper 3, or Paper 1, Paper 2 and Paper 3|
|Timings||Whether 9.30 am to 12.30 pm or 2 pm to 5 pm or both|
|Question paper medium||Language in which JEE Main question paper will be given to applicant at exam center|
|Date of birth||Date of birth of candidate as given in application form|
|Application number||Application number assigned by CBSE|
|State of eligibility||State from which candidate is appearing as state of eligibility|
|Category||Whether General, SC, ST, OBC, or any other|
|Person with disability||Whether Yes or No|
|Roll number||Roll number assigned by CBSE|
Ans: Yes, after logging in candidates have to enter their class 12 roll number. The roll number will be used to verify the candidate’s identity at during the time of admission at the allotted institute.
Ans: To recover the application number candidates have to click on ‘Forgot Application Number?’ displayed on the admit card login window. Candidates have to enter all the required details such as name, parents name, birth date, state of eligibility and security pin to retrieve the application number.
Ans: The test will start exactly at the time mentioned on the admit card of JEE Main. Candidates must check the time mentioned on the hall ticket and reach the examination centre two and half hour prior to the commencement of the test.
Ans: Login to the JEE application portal and repeat the process for downloading JEE Main admit card.
Ans: You must contact the authority at the helpline numbers, then only you will get a new admit card with a better quality photo.
Ans: There is no specific dress code for JEE Main 2020. However, it is suggested not take the following things along with you in the examination hall:
- Any electronic item (Including wrist watch)
- Any jewel or ornaments
- Full sleeves shirts/t shirts
- Shoes (Only sandals or slippers are permitted)
Ans:. Candidates who have recently submitted the request for updating in Aadhaar details (including biometric update) and unable to apply for the updated Aadhaar Card Details.
Such Candidates have to apply for JEE Main 2020 by entering 14 digits Aadhaar Enrolment ID/UR No. printed on the slip issued by aadhaar centre after submitting update request. If the date of birth is not fully or is incorrectly mentioned in Aadhaar card or only birth year is mentioned/The name of the candidate in Aadhaar in not exactly similar or not the same pattern as in school records.
Such candidates should submit a correction request at Aadhaar centre and apply for JEE Main 2020 by entering 14 digits Aadhaar Enrolment ID/UR No. printed on the slip issued by aadhaar centre after submitting updation request.
Such candidates should fill JEE Main 2020 application form with old details as in Aadhaar card and thereafter submit a correction request at Aadhaar centre. The updated details in Aadhaar may be corrected in JEE Main at later stage by the process which will be notified in due course of time.
Ans: If these particulars are not being matched with the ones mentioned on Aadhaar, the candidates should correctly fill these particulars as per school records. The present/permanent address may also be filled accordingly since CBSE does not send any communication on the candidates’ address.
Ans: You need to login to the systems with your roll number and password, which are stored on your email, just check in your personal mail id, else send an email on helpline to get your credentials.
Ans: No, you cannot get your JEE Main admit card through post.