Last updated on September 4th, 2020 at 05:30 pm
JEE Advanced 2020 Result Date has been notified by IIT Delhi to be 5th October 2020. The result will be declared at 10:00 IST. The delay in results will be due to the rescheduling of JEE Advanced 2020 examination. The authority will conduct the examination on 27th September 2020.
- The top 250,000 rankers of JEE Main are eligible to appear for this examination.
- Candidates who qualify for JEE Advanced get eligible for admission in IIT. Check JEE Advanced Eligibility Criteria
- JoSAA organizes the counselling process for JEE Main and Advanced.
- Qualifying JEE Advanced is also a precursor for appearing for Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT).
- To check JEE Advanced Rank and Score, candidates will have to enter their Registration Number and Date of Birth.
- Candidates will get their result in the form of a scorecard containing all the necessary details like the total score in Paper 1 and Paper 2 along with candidate’s marks in each section – Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, rank in Common Rank List, and candidate’s category information.
JEE Advanced Result 2020: Important Dates
The JEE Advanced 2020 important dates are listed below:
|JEE Advanced Exam Date||27th September 2020|
|JEE Advanced Result Date||5th October 2020|
|Examination of AAT||8th October 2020|
|Result of AAT||11th October 2020|
|Initiation of Seat Allocation Process (JoSAA 2020) (Tentative)||6th October 2020|
|End of Seat Allocation Process (Tentative)||9th November 2020|
How to Check JEE Advanced Result?
- The result will be announced on the official portal of JEE Advance 2020.
- Hence, candidates have to login to the portal to check their individual results.
- So, full steps for JEE Advanced Result 2020 are given below-
- First, head over to official JEE Advanced result portal, i.e. jeeadv.ac.in
- Now, login using your Application Number, Password and security pin.
- After that, click on the “JEE Advance Result 2020” tab.
- Subsequently, candidates will be able to view the JEE Advance Result 2020 as a scorecard.
- Finally, save the JEE Advance Result as a PDF for future use.
Important Points about JEE Advanced 2020 Result:
- IIT Delhi will also send SMS to the candidates of JEE Advance 2020 with their specific ranks.
- But, Scorecards/Rank cards will not be sent on mail or SMS individually.
- Therefore, to get the Scorecard/rank card, students have to login on the official portal of JEE Advance Result 2020 only.
Details in the Scorecard
JEE Advance Result 2020 will be available in the form of a scorecard mentioning the following details-
- Registration Number for JEE Advanced 2020.
- JEE Advanced 2020 Roll Number.
- Name of the Candidate.
- Date of the Candidate.
- Common Rank List (CRL)/ Status of qualifying.
- Score in all the three sections (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics).
- Total score in JEE Advanced 2020.
JEE Advanced Result 2020: Score Calculation
- The final score will be calculated for JEE Advanced Result 2020 taking the scores of both the papers.
- This means each section score will be calculated by totalling scores in both Paper 1 and Paper 2.
- For example, if a candidate scores 12 marks in Paper 1 in Physics and 8 Marks in Paper 2 in Physics, the total for Physics section will be 20. Similarly, marks for Chemistry and Mathematics will be calculated.
- Likewise, JEE Advanced Cut Off is based on the aggregate on each section from JEE Advanced Result 2020 and also a certain percentage of each section.
Marks obtained in Physics = Marks obtained in Paper 1 (Physics) + Marks obtained in Paper 2 (Physics) Aggregate Marks/Scores obtained in JEE Advanced = Aggregate marks in (Physics + Mathematics + Chemistry)
JEE Advanced Result 2020: Rank List
- Candidates who will appear for both the papers (Paper 1 & Paper 2) will be considered for a Rank List.
- In other words, the Rank list is prepared on the basis of aggregate marks scored in all the three subjects of JEE Advanced.
- Likewise, the merit list of the other categories such as SC, ST and OBC-NCL will be released separately with specified relaxation in minimum marks.
- A candidate must clear the qualifying JEE Advanced Cut off to be able to get included in the merit list.
JEE Advanced Result 2020: Tie-Breaker rules
- The common rank will be calculated according to the aggregate marks obtained by the candidates in the result.
- Now, there can be a clash between two candidates in aggregate marks obtained in JEE Advanced 2020.
- Therefore, in such a case, tie-breaker rules are to be followed.
- First, candidates with higher positive scores will be given a higher rank.
- Secondly, candidates scoring higher marks in Mathematics will be given a higher rank.
- After that, candidates obtaining greater marks in Physics will be given a higher rank.
- Furthermore, if still, the situation remains a tie, then both the candidates will be assigned the same rank.
JEE Advanced Final Answer Key
- Only those candidates’ answers will be recorded who have appeared for both the Papers of JEE Advanced.
- That is to say, they can view, download and print these recorded answers from the candidate portal available on the official website, i.e, http://www.jeeadv.ac.in/.
- Further, the provisional answer keys will be available at the online portal. But, these provisional answer keys are subjected to change.
- Candidates can also send their feedback on answer keys through the portal.
- Subsequently, the final answer and minimum for inclusion in the rank will be published at the online portal with the announcement of results.
JEE Advanced Cut Off Percentages
- JEE Advanced Result 2020 will decide the cutoff which will be the lowest score a candidate must obtain to qualify for the Common Rank Lists (CRL) of the IITs.
- Moreover, the JEE Advanced cut off marks for various categories – GEN, OBC-NCL, SC, ST and PwD candidates will be different.
- But, instead of having a particular raw score, cut off will be based on percentage.
- Furthermore, due to the changing exam pattern of JEE Advanced, this cutoff also varies every year.
To sum up, here is the JEE Advanced cutoff percentage as per guidelines of IIT Delhi-
|Rank List as Per Categories||Minimum % of marks in each subject||Least % of Aggregate Marks||Minimum Percentage of Aggregate (Revised)|
|Common Rank List (CRL)||10.0||35.0||25.0|
|GEN-EWS rank list||9.0||31.5||22.5|
|OBC-NCL rank list||9.0||31.5||22.5|
|SC rank list||5.0||17.5||12.5|
|Common PwD rank list (CRL)||5.0||17.5||12.5|
|OBC-NCL PwD rank list||5.0||17.5||12.5|
|SC- PwD rank list||5.0||17.5||12.5|
|ST- PwD rank list||5.0||17.5||12.5|
|Preparatory course rank list||2.5||8.75||6.25|
Latest News Updates
- JEE Main 2020 Admit Card Released on Jeemain.nic.in. Download Now
- JEE Main 2020 Day 1: Check Exam Updates and JEE Main Paper Analysis
- Registrations For JoSAA Counselling To Begin From 6th October
- Check JEE Main Participating Colleges
- JEE Advanced 2020: Revised Schedule Released, Registration Starts from 11 September
IIT JEE Advanced Result 2019: Previous Year Statistics
- Here is the IIT JEE Advanced Result 2019 statistics.
- These statistics show that even though the number of qualified candidates is huge, it does not necessarily mean that he/she will get a seat in the desired IIT.
- Altogether, IITs have a total of more than 13,000 seats which means even at the Advanced level the competition is very stiff.
|Total number of Appeared Candidates||1,61,319|
|Total number of Qualified Candidates||38705|
|Total number of Qualified Boys||33349|
|Total number of Qualified Girls||5356|
|Total number of Qualified General Candidates||15566|
|Total number of Qualified General EWS Candidates||3636|
|Total number of Qualified OBC Candidates||7651|
|Total number of Qualified SC Candidates||8758|
|Total number of Qualified ST Candidates||3094|
Check JEE Advanced Reservation
JEE Advanced 2019: Toppers’ List
Here is a list of the zonal as well as category wise topper’s lists-
|IIT Bombay||GUPTA KARTIKEY CHANDRESH (CRL 1)|
|IIT Delhi||HIMANSHU GAURAV SINGH (CRL 2)|
|IIT Guwahati||PRADIPTA PARAG BORA (CRL 28)|
|IIT Kanpur||DHRUV ARORA (CRL 24)|
|IIT Kharagpur||GUDIPATY ANIKET (CRL 29)|
|IIT Hyderabad||GILLELLA AKASH REDDY (CRL 4)|
|IIT Roorkee||JAYESH SINGLA (CRL 17)|
Category wise toppers are given below-
|OPEN (CRL)||1||GUPTA KARTIKEY CHANDRESH|
|OPEN (CRL)||2||HIMANSHU GAURAV SINGH|
|OPEN (CRL)||3||ARCHIT BUBNA|
|GEN-EWS||1||D CHANDRASEKHARA S S HETHAHAVYA|
|OBC-NCL||1||HIMANSHU GAURAV SINGH|
|OBC-NCL-PwD||1||VEDANT DEEPAK BORKUTE|
JEE Advanced 2020 Counselling
- JoSAA is responsible for conducting the counselling process for IITs and other participating institutes such as NITs.
- The authority allots seats to the qualified students in different IITs based on their ranks.
- Further, the candidates will be allotted their chosen colleges and courses on the basis of their AIR (All India Rank).
- But remember, that colleges have their own cutoffs for admission.
- In other words, being qualified will not give you a guaranteed admission in the best IITs.
- For all the above processes, the candidates have to wait for the declaration of the JEE Advanced Result.
- The process of allotment of seats is tentatively scheduled to start on 6th October 2020.
- JEE Advanced 2020 Counselling is a centrally managed computerized procedure.
- Finally, after the allotment to the colleges and courses, the candidates are directed to report to their allotted colleges.
Criteria for JEE Advanced 2020 Counselling
- Candidates must have an aggregate percentage of 75% or above in class 12th examination. For SC, ST, PwD Candidates, the percentage required is 65% or above.
- Admission to IITs will be possible only if the candidate is under top-20 percentile in respective 12th board examinations.
- Cutoff of the respective colleges will be deemed final for allotment as per the common rank.
JEE Advanced AAT 2020
After the announcement of the JEE Advanced Result, candidates aspiring for B.Arch course in IIT Roorkee, IIT Varanasi, and IIT Kharagpur can register for Architecture Aptitude Test 2020 (AAT 2020) at jeeadv.ac.in.
- JEE Advanced 2020 AAT Registration starts on the same day of announcement of JEE Advanced Result.
- The AAT exam will be conducted on 8th October 2020.
- Subsequently, the Result of the AAT 2020 will be published in the candidate portal of JEE Advanced 2020 on 11th October 2020.
- The Joint Implementation Committee will decide the cutoff for AAT 2020.
- There is no separate ranking and cut off in AAT.
- IIT allotment will be done solely on the basis of their acquired category-wise All India Rank in JEE Advanced Result 2020.
To be updated on JEE Advanced Result and more, candidates are advised to keep a regular eye on the official website – jeeadv.ac.in – or keep checking this page for regular updates.
Last updated on September 4th, 2020 at 04:39 pm
Answer: IIT Delhi, which is also the conducting authority will declare the JEE Advanced exam.
Last updated on September 4th, 2020 at 04:37 pm
Answer: The result will be declared on 5th October 2020.
Last updated on September 4th, 2020 at 04:38 pm
Answer: The aggregate score can be calculated using the given formula:
Aggregate Marks/Scores obtained in JEE Advanced = Aggregate marks in (Physics + Mathematics + Chemistry)
Last updated on May 19th, 2020 at 08:46 am Ans. The conducting authority for JEE Advanced 2020 is IIT Delhi.
Last updated on May 19th, 2020 at 08:46 am
Ans. The conducting authority for JEE Advanced 2020 is IIT Delhi.
Last updated on May 19th, 2020 at 08:51 am Ans. Due to the nationwide lockdown, JEE Advanced 2020 is postponed to August 23, 2020. Consequently, the results can be expected in the month of September. IIT will soon release the official dates.
Last updated on May 19th, 2020 at 08:51 am
Ans. Due to the nationwide lockdown, JEE Advanced 2020 is postponed to August 23, 2020. Consequently, the results can be expected in the month of September. IIT will soon release the official dates.
Last updated on May 19th, 2020 at 08:54 am Ans. Step 1 – Head over to official website i.e. jeeadv.ac.in Step 2 – Login using your Application Number, Password and security pin. Step 3 – Click on “JEE Advance Result 2020” tab. Step 4 – Candidates will be able to view the JEE Advance Result 2020 as a scorecard. Step 5 – Save the JEE Advance Result as a PDF for future use.
Last updated on May 19th, 2020 at 08:54 am
Ans. Step 1 – Head over to official website i.e. jeeadv.ac.in
Step 2 – Login using your Application Number, Password and security pin.
Step 3 – Click on “JEE Advance Result 2020” tab.
Step 4 – Candidates will be able to view the JEE Advance Result 2020 as a scorecard.
Step 5 – Save the JEE Advance Result as a PDF for future use.
Last updated on May 19th, 2020 at 08:58 am Ans. IIT Delhi, the conducting body of JEE Advanced 2020, will release the results.
Last updated on May 19th, 2020 at 08:58 am
Ans. IIT Delhi, the conducting body of JEE Advanced 2020, will release the results.