Last updated on January 5th, 2021 at 04:45 pm
IIT Kharagpur will announce the JEE Advanced 2021 result tentatively in July 2021. Official dates for JEE Advanced 2021 have not been released yet. However, as the last phase of JEE Main 2021 is scheduled to end on 28th May 2021, JEE Advanced 2021 might be conducted in the 2nd week of June 2021.
Latest Updates on JEE Advanced 2020 Result:
- JEE Advanced 2021 will be conducted by IIT Kharagpur.
- The conducting authority will release the official information brochure with all the details about JEE Advanced 2021 exam pattern, syllabus and more soon.
The top 250,000 rankers of JEE Main will be eligible to appear for JEE Advanced 2021. Check JEE Advanced Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates who qualify JEE Advanced are eligible for admission to Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs).
- JoSAA organizes the counselling process for JEE Main and Advanced.
- Qualifying JEE Advanced is also a precursor for appearing for Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT).
Candidates will get their result in the form of a scorecard containing all the necessary details like the total score in Paper 1 and Paper 2 along with candidate’s marks in each section – Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, rank in Common Rank List, and candidate’s category information.
JEE Advanced Result 2021: Important Dates
The JEE Advanced 2021 important dates are listed below:
|JEE Advanced Exam Date||To be announced|
|JEE Advanced Result Date||To be announced|
|Examination of AAT||To be announced|
|Result of AAT||To be announced|
|Initiation of Seat Allocation Process (JoSAA 2020)||To be announced|
|End of Seat Allocation Process||To be announced|
How to Check JEE Advanced Result?
- Hence, candidates have to login to the portal to check their individual results.
- So, full steps for JEE Advanced Result 2021 are given below-
- First, head over to official JEE Advanced result portal, i.e. jeeadv.ac.in
- Now, login using your Roll Number, DOB and Phone Number.
- Subsequently, candidates will be able to view the JEE Advanced Result 2021 as a scorecard.
- Finally, save the JEE Advanced 2021 Result as a PDF for future use.
Details in the Scorecard
JEE Advanced Result 2021 will be available in the form of a scorecard mentioning the following details-
- Registration Number for JEE Advanced 2021.
- JEE Advanced 2021 Roll Number.
- Name of the Candidate.
- Date of the Exam.
- Common Rank List (CRL)/ Status of qualifying.
- Score in all the three sections (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics).
- Total score in JEE Advanced 2021.
JEE Advanced Result 2021: Score Calculation
The final score will be calculated for JEE Advanced Result 2021 taking the scores of both the papers.
- This means each section score will be calculated by totalling scores in both Paper 1 and Paper 2.
- For example, if a candidate scores 12 marks in Paper 1 in Physics and 8 Marks in Paper 2 in Physics, the total for Physics section will be 20. Similarly, marks for Chemistry and Mathematics will be calculated.
- Likewise, JEE Advanced Cut Off is based on the aggregate on each section from JEE Advanced Result 2021 and also a certain percentage of each section.
|Marks obtained in Physics =Marks obtained in Paper 1 (Physics)+Marks obtained in Paper 2 (Physics)|
|Aggregate Marks/Scores obtained in JEE Advanced =Aggregate marks in (Physics + Mathematics + Chemistry)|
JEE Advanced Result 2021: Rank List
- Candidates who will appear for both the papers (Paper 1 & Paper 2) will be considered for a Rank List.
- In other words, the Rank list is prepared on the basis of aggregate marks scored in all the three subjects of JEE Advanced.
- Likewise, the merit list of the other categories such as SC, ST and OBC-NCL will be released separately with specified relaxation in minimum marks.
- A candidate must clear the qualifying JEE Advanced Cut off to be able to get included in the merit list.
JEE Advanced Result 2021: Tie-Breaker rules
- The common rank will be calculated according to the aggregate marks obtained by the candidates in the result.
- Now, there can be a clash between two candidates in aggregate marks obtained in JEE Advanced 2021.
- Therefore, in such a case, tie-breaker rules are to be followed.
- First, candidates with higher positive scores will be given a higher rank.
- Secondly, candidates scoring higher marks in Mathematics will be given a higher rank.
- After that, candidates obtaining greater marks in Physics will be given a higher rank.
- Furthermore, if still, the situation remains a tie, then both the candidates will be assigned the same rank.
JEE Advanced Final Answer Key
- Only those candidates’ answers will be recorded who have appeared for both the Papers of JEE Advanced.
- That is to say, they can view, download and print these recorded answers from the candidate portal available on the official website, i.e, http://www.jeeadv.ac.in/.
- Further, the provisional answer keys will be available at the online portal. But, these provisional answer keys are subjected to change.
- Candidates can also send their feedback on answer keys through the portal.
- Subsequently, the final answer and minimum for inclusion in the rank will be published at the online portal with the announcement of results.
JEE Advanced Cut Off Percentages
- JEE Advanced Result 2021 will decide the cutoff which will be the lowest score a candidate must obtain to qualify for the Common Rank Lists (CRL) of the IITs.
- Moreover, the JEE Advanced cut off marks for various categories – GEN, OBC-NCL, SC, ST and PwD candidates will be different.
- But, instead of having a particular raw score, cut off will be based on percentage.
- Furthermore, due to the changing exam pattern of JEE Advanced, this cutoff also varies every year.
To sum up, here is the JEE Advanced cutoff percentage 2020 as per guidelines of IIT Delhi. This list will be updated with 2021 cutoff percentage as soon as it is released by IIT Kharagpur.
|Rank List as Per Categories||Minimum % of marks in each subject||Least % of Aggregate Marks||Minimum Percentage of Aggregate (Revised)|
|Common Rank List (CRL)||10.0||35.0||25.0|
|GEN-EWS rank list||9.0||31.5||22.5|
|OBC-NCL rank list||9.0||31.5||22.5|
|SC rank list||5.0||17.5||12.5|
|Common PwD rank list (CRL)||5.0||17.5||12.5|
|OBC-NCL PwD rank list||5.0||17.5||12.5|
|SC- PwD rank list||5.0||17.5||12.5|
|ST- PwD rank list||5.0||17.5||12.5|
|Preparatory course rank list||2.5||8.75||6.25|
- Here is the IIT JEE Advanced Result 2020 statistics.
- These statistics show that even though the number of qualified candidates is huge, it does not necessarily mean that he/she will get a seat in the desired IIT.
- Altogether, IITs have a total of more than 13,000 seats which means even at the Advanced level the competition is very stiff.
|Total number of Appeared Candidates||1,50,838|
|Total number of Qualified Candidates||43,204|
|Total number of Qualified Boys||36,497|
|Total number of Qualified Girls||6,707|
|Total number of Qualified General Candidates||16,028|
|Total number of Qualified General EWS Candidates||5,140|
|Total number of Qualified OBC Candidates||9,349|
|Total number of Qualified SC Candidates||7.869|
|Total number of Qualified ST Candidates||2,818|
Latest News Updates
- Key Takeaways From Education Minister’s Webinar On JEE Main 2021 Examination
- JEE Main 2021: Live Session With Education Minister Extended To December 10th
- Uttarakhand Government To Provide Free Coaching Classes For JEE Aspirants
- JEE Main 2021: Mr Ramesh Pokhriyal Directs NTA to Draft a Fresh Syllabus
- JEE Main 2021 Delayed Till February, JEE Advanced 2021 Syllabus Being Reviewed
JEE Advanced 2020: Toppers’ List
Here is a list of the top 10 rankers as well as category wise topper’s lists-
|S.No.||Name of Candidate|
|2||Gangula Bhuvan Reddy|
|4||R Muhender Raj|
|7||Vedang Dhirendra Asgaonkar|
|8||Swayam Shashank Chube|
Category wise toppers are given below-
|Open (CRL)||1||Chirag Falor||IIT Bombay|
|Open-NCL||1||Landa Jitendra||IIT Madras|
|Gen-EWS||1||Gangula Bhuvan Reddy||IIT Madras|
|SC||1||Avi Uday||IIT Bombay|
|ST||1||Pranjal Singh||IIT Delhi|
|Gen-PwD||1||Kandukuri Sunil Kumar Vishwesh||IIT Madras|
|SC-PwD||1||Yash Chudman Patil||IIT Bombay|
|ST-PwD||1||Niteesh Kumar Birua||IIT Kharagpur|
JEE Advanced 2021 Counselling
- JoSAA is responsible for conducting the counselling process for IITs and other participating institutes such as NITs.
- The authority allotts seats to the qualified students in different IITs based on their ranks.
- Further, the candidates will be allotted their chosen colleges and courses on the basis of their AIR (All India Rank).
- But remember, that colleges have their own cutoffs for admission.
- In other words, being qualified will not give you a guaranteed admission in the best IITs.
- For all the above processes, the candidates have to wait for the declaration of the JEE Advanced Result.
- The process of allotment of seats will tentatively start in June or July 2021
- JEE Advanced 2021 Counselling is a centrally managed computerized procedure.
- Finally, after the allotment to the colleges and courses, the candidates are directed to report to their allotted colleges.
Criteria for JEE Advanced 2021 Counselling
- Candidates must have an aggregate percentage of 75% or above in class 12th examination. For SC, ST, PwD Candidates, the percentage required is 65% or above.
- Admission to IITs will be possible only if the candidate is under top-20 percentile in respective 12th board examinations.
- Cutoff of the respective colleges will be deemed final for allotment as per the common rank.
JEE Advanced AAT 2021
After the announcement of the JEE Advanced Result, candidates aspiring for B.Arch course in IIT Roorkee, IIT Varanasi, and IIT Kharagpur can register for Architecture Aptitude Test 2021 (AAT 2021) at jeeadv.ac.in.
- JEE Advanced 2021 AAT Registration will start on the same day of announcement of JEE Advanced Result.
- The AAT exam will be conducted in June 2021.
- Subsequently, the Result of the AAT 2020 will be published in the candidate portal of JEE Advanced 2021 in June 2021.
- The Joint Implementation Committee will decide the cutoff for AAT 2021.
- There is no separate ranking and cut off in AAT.
- IIT allotment will be done solely on the basis of their acquired category-wise All India Rank in JEE Advanced Result 2021.
To be updated on JEE Advanced Result and more, candidates are advised to keep a regular eye on the official website – jeeadv.ac.in – or keep checking this page for regular updates.
Last updated on January 5th, 2021 at 03:34 pm
Answer: IIT Kharagpur, which is also the conducting authority will declare the JEE Advanced exam.
Last updated on January 5th, 2021 at 03:35 pm
Answer: The official dates for announcement of JEE Advanced 2021 has not been declared yet.
Last updated on January 5th, 2021 at 03:39 pm
Answer: The aggregate score can be calculated using the given formula:
Aggregate Marks/Scores obtained in JEE Advanced = Aggregate marks in (Physics + Mathematics + Chemistry)
Last updated on January 5th, 2021 at 03:40 pm
Ans. Step 1 – Head over to official website i.e. jeeadv.ac.in
Step 2 – Login using your Application Number, Password and security pin.
Step 3 – Click on “JEE Advance Result 2021” tab.
Step 4 – Candidates will be able to view the JEE Advance Result 2021 as a scorecard.
Step 5 – Save the JEE Advance Result as a PDF for future use.