Last updated on September 5th, 2020 at 05:20 pm
JEE Advanced Reservation Criteria 2020 for GEN-EWS, SC, ST, OBC, PwD and Female category candidates is released by IIT Delhi. Candidates must submit a valid proof of JEE Advanced Eligibility must be submitted to claim reservation. Candidates cannot make changes in the category under any circumstances, once submitted in IIT records. But if at any stage, it is discovered that a candidate has used a false document or misinformation to acquire the benefits of reservation then he/she will not be allowed to be a part of the admission process.
- IIT Delhi has released the information brochure of JEE Advanced 2020 on 6 March. It constitutes details of registration dates, eligibility and much more. Download Now
- Candidates who are within the top 2,50,000 candidates as per the JEE Main 2020 results, will be eligible to appear in JEE Advanced 2020.
- The JEE Advanced exam will be held on 27th September 2020 for 12,463 seats in 23 IITs in the country. Check here
- IIT Delhi will conduct the exam in two shifts from 9 am to 12 am and from 2:30 pm to 5:30 pm. This year, the JEE Advanced reservation of EWS category students in IITs has risen from 4% to 10%.
JEE Advanced Reservation Criteria
According to the rules of Government of India, Indian Nationals belonging to SC/ST/OBC-NCL, GEN-EWS and PwD seek admission under the seats reserved for them. However, foreign nationals are outside the ambit of any of these reservation categories. The reservation of seats for every category are as follows:
|Category||Reservation of Seats|
|PwD||5% seats in each of OPEN, GEN-EWS, OBC-NCL, SC and ST category seats.|
Points to Remember
- The reservation benefits can only be availed by the General category candidates who satisfy the condition given in the OM No. 20013/01/2018-BC-II dated January 17, 2019 issued by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment.
- Candidates won’t be able to claim the reservation if they are present in the respective central list of corresponding states published by the Government of India.
- The criteria for Non-Creamy Layer (OBC-NCL) will be as per the notification of Government of India.
- OBC Candidates belonging to creamy layer are NOT entitled to JEE Advanced Reservation Criteria 2020. These candidates will come under the General, unreserved category and will be eligible only for the OPEN seats.
- The vacant seats reserved under GEN-EWS and OBC-NCL categories will be de-reserved to OPEN category seats.
- Though, seats vacant under the SC and ST categories will NOT be de-reserved to any category.
- The reservation for PwD candidates is horizontal. As a result, unfilled seats will be de-reserved to the respective categories, unfilled SC-PwD seats will convert to the SC category seats and so on.
- The authority will not entertain any request for changes in the category of a candidate. It will be the same as entered in the database of the JEE Apex Board. This will be considered to be final at the time of JEE Advanced 2020 examination.
Candidates should be among 2,50,000 in JEE Main Paper to be eligible for JEE Advanced. The following table shows the order to be followed while choosing top 2,50,000 candidates in various categories:
|Category||Number of “Top” Candidates|
Document Required to claim JEE Advanced Reservation
Following are the documents that are required by all the candidates to claim the reservation:
- Class 10 mark sheet or birth certificate.
- Class 12 examination results (or equivalent certificate)
- In case of any changes in the name of the person, gazette notification for the same.
The documents required by the different categories of candidates are as follows:
- GEN-EWS category candidates: GEN-EWS certificate issued on or after April 01. This certificate must follow the latest guidelines of the GOI. If the certificate is not issued, they can submit a declaration.
- SC/ST category candidates must submit the original and attested photocopy of the SC/ST category certificate.
- OBC-NCL category candidates must submit an original and one attested photocopy of the OBC-NCL category certificate issued by a suitable authority.
- Candidates requiring the services of a scribe – Request letter to the chairman of the respective zonal IIT (FORM-SCRIBE)
- DS category candidates: Certificate DS issued by an authority in the Directorate of Resettlement and Rehabilitation, New Delhi.
The reservation depends on the verification of documents submitted by the candidate. If a candidate uses a false/fake/incorrect document or has input false information, to get the benefit of reservation, he/she will be from all admission processes. His admission will be cancelled if the admission was already given.
Latest News Updates
- JEE Main 2020 Admit Card Released on Jeemain.nic.in. Download Now
- JEE Main 2020 Day 1: Check Exam Updates and JEE Main Paper Analysis
- Registrations For JoSAA Counselling To Begin From 6th October
- Check JEE Main Participating Colleges
- JEE Advanced 2020: Revised Schedule Released, Registration Starts from 11 September
GEN-EWS Quota Details
Candidates from the general category whose family income is less than 8 lakhs annually are considered under the EWS for the benefit of reservation. The competent authority will assess the Income and Asset Certificate presented by the candidates.
Who can’t access the EWS quota?
- Candidates whose families own 5 acres of agricultural land and above.
- Candidates who own a residential flat of 1,000 sq. ft. and above.
- Candidates whose parents possess a residential plot of 100 sq. yards and above in notified municipalities.
- And finally, candidates whose parents own a residential plot of 200 sq. yards and above in areas other than the notified municipalities.
Authorities who can access Income and Asset Certificate
- District Magistrate/Additional District Magistrate/ Collector/ Deputy Commissioner/Additional’ Deputy Commissioner/ 1st Class Stipendiary Magistrate/ Sub-Divisional Magistrate/ Taluka Magistrate! Executive Magistrate/ Extra Assistant Commissioner
- Chief Presidency Magistrate/Additional Chief Presidency Magistrate/ Presidency Magistrate
- Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar
- Sub-Divisional Officer or the area where the candidate and/or his family normally resides
JEE Advanced Reservation Criteria for Female Candidates
- The authority aims to give a minimum of 20% reservation to improve the gender balance within the undergraduate programs. This decision has been taken at the understanding of the IIT Council to, inter alia, into the IITs in 2020-21.
- Thus, supernumerary seats will be created and offered to female candidates for improving the gender balance within IITs and this objective will be attained according to the directions of the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India.
- These supernumerary seats are going to be offered:
- To only those female candidates who are declared qualified in JEE Advanced 2020
- Strictly hinge on the performance in JEE Advanced 2020.
- The reservation policy as per present Government of India norms will be applicable to these supernumerary seats as well.
- The detailed procedure for implementation of the above shall be set out in the Business Rules of the Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA), 2020.
JEE Advanced Reservation Criteria for PwD Candidate
In this category, people with 40% or more disability are given higher priority irrespective of whether it’s locomotive, visual or SEVERELY dyslexic. Preference is also given to Leprosy-cured candidates who are otherwise fit enough to take up the course. 5% of the seats are reserved for PwD (Persons with a disability) under each category mentioned below:
- OPEN i.e General
Information about the Medical Authority issuing the Disability Certificate
The following Report is required to be submitted by Dyslexic candidates:
- Handicap percentage should not be less than 40%
- Permanent disability only
- Issued from Govt. organization only
A scribe is a kind of substitute who writes the examination for a physically or mentally disabled person due to which he is restrained from writing the examination. In this process, the scribe reads out the question and writes/marks the answer in the OMR sheet after the candidate pronounces the final answer. For IIT JEE Advanced, a class 11 student from science stream having Mathematics as one of the subjects is taken to act as a scribe.
- PwD candidates (including Dyslexic, blind, lost fingers/hands, disability in upper limbs) are provided with the services of a scribe to mark responses in the OMR sheet if required.
- Send the Scribe Request form (find below) along with PwD Certificate/Dyslexia Evaluation report to Chairman, JEE Advanced uploaded during registration
- Candidates are not allowed to bring their own scribes. Zonal IITs arrange them for the candidates.
- Candidates meet their scribe one day prior to the exam in the presence of IIT representatives
- If discovered that candidate is not in the need of scribe, his evaluation, ranking, and admission will stand cancelled.
JEE Advanced Reservation Criteria for Defence Service Candidates
Candidates referred as Defence Service (DS) candidates are the children whose fathers acted as paramilitary personnel and got killed or permanently disabled in action during war or peacetime operations.
- Two seats are available for DS candidates as preferential allotment in each Institute.
- A DS candidate must be in the Common Rank List of JEE Advanced 2020 to avail this preferential allotment.
- Defense service candidates are required to submit a proforma of education scholarship- entitlement card for eligibility.
JEE Advanced Reservation Criteria for Foreign Candidates
- If you are studying abroad or have studied at 10+2 level or equivalent when you registered for JEE Advanced 2020, you will be treated as foreign national.
- In this case, seats allotted to such candidates are supernumerary with a cap of 10% of the total number of seats in every course.
- Reservation of seats under the GEN-EWS, OBC-NCL, SC, ST and PwD (Persons with Disability) categories as specified are outside the scope of foreign nationals.
- These candidates are not required to take JEE Main 2020 and should register for JEE(Advanced)2020 directly subject to fulfillment of other eligibility criteria.
- The relevant information for foreign candidates is available on the official website.
- However, the seats allotted to candidates
- Who have studied (are studying) in India at 10+2 level or equivalent
- AND are not citizens of India (by birth or naturalized)
- AND are NOT OCI/PIO card holders (AND their parents are also NOT OCI/PIO card holders AND their parents are also NOT Indian nationals).
At the time of registering for JEE Advanced 2020, it will be supernumerary. These candidates are outside the scope of reservation of seats under the GEN-EWS, OBC-NCL, SC, ST and PwD categories as specified.
- These candidates are also required to write JEE Main 2020 and qualify for JEE Advanced 2020 under the OPEN category.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Last updated on September 5th, 2020 at 04:43 pm
Ans. No, there is no reservation for boys as it is for girls. The reservations for girls are mainly to improve the gender balance within the undergraduate programs.
Last updated on May 27th, 2020 at 11:23 am Ans. No, once selected, you will not be allowed to change your category under any circumstances.
Last updated on May 27th, 2020 at 11:23 am
Ans. No, once selected, you will not be allowed to change your category under any circumstances.
Last updated on May 27th, 2020 at 11:23 am Ans. No, there isn’t any sports quota in IIT.
Last updated on May 27th, 2020 at 11:23 am
Ans. No, there isn’t any sports quota in IIT.
Last updated on May 27th, 2020 at 11:24 am Ans. 2 seats are available for DS candidates as preferential allotment in each Institute.
Last updated on May 27th, 2020 at 11:24 am
Ans. 2 seats are available for DS candidates as preferential allotment in each Institute.