Last updated on December 29th, 2020 at 03:04 pm
JEE Advanced is an engineering entrance examination conducted by any one of the 7 IITs under the guidance of Joint Admission Board (JAB). So, JEE Advanced 2021 will be conducted by IIT Kharagpur. Application Form 2021 will be released by IIT Kharagpur tentatively in the first week of May 2021 at jeeadv.nic.in.
- On October 18th, JAB announced that candidates who missed JEE Advanced 2020 can appear for JEE Advanced 2021 without appearing for JEE Main 2021.
- JEE Advanced Admit Card 2021 will be released by IIT Kharagpur. Read More
- Aspirants must have a rank within the top 2,50,000 in JEE Main to fulfil JEE Advanced Eligibility Criteria.
- The JEE Advanced application fees for General and OBC candidates is INR 2800 and female and other reserved categories candidates is INR 1400.
- JEE Advanced Paper Analysis of Previous Years
- Top Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs), Cut Off, Fees
- IIT Bombay Cut Off 2020 For All 6 JoSAA Rounds
JEE Advanced 2021 Registration Dates
|Start of Application Form||1st week of May 2021|
|Last date for Application Form||2nd week of May 2021|
|Availability of admit card||3rd week of May 2021|
|JEE Advanced 2021 Exam dates||Last week of May 2021|
|Availability of Answer Keys||1st week of June 2021|
|Representations Against Answer Keys||2nd week of June 2021|
|Declaration of Result||2nd/3rd week of June 2021|
Before going further with the JEE Advanced 2021 Application Form, here are some of the new changes in the application that were introduced in 2020. All the candidates should go through the same.
- There was an increase of INR 200 in JEE Advanced 2020 Application Form fees for male candidates belonging to the General/ OBC category. Now, the amount is INR 2800.
- The hike in fee for all female and male candidates belonging to SC/ST/PwD is INR 100 which brings the total amount to INR 1400.
- NTA also added 16 exam centres in India. On the other hand, they have removed 4 from the list of exam centres. However, JEE Advanced 2021 might be conducted at the exam centres abroad also.
How to fill the JEE Advanced Application Form 2021?
Candidates who wish to fill the JEE Advanced 2021 Application Form have to fulfil the JEE Advanced 2021 eligibility criteria. This will be as per the guidelines laid down by IIT Kharagpur.
- Candidates can fill the JEE Advanced Application Form 2021 online.
- Below are the steps to begin the JEE Advanced Application Form.
1. JEE Advanced 2021 Registration
- Begin with visiting the official website (jeeadv.nic.in) of JEE Advanced 2021.
- Next, log in using your roll number and password from JEE Main 2021.
- The portal will automatically take the details from the JEE Main 2021 Application Form.
- Then the candidates can check the details if they find any discrepancies.
- Fill the exam city preferences and other details.
- Lastly, click save and proceed for the next step of the JEE Advanced Application Form 2021.
2. Upload Documents
Candidates are required to upload a few documents for completing JEE Advanced Registration 2021.
- Birth certificate OR Class X certificate (mentioning DOB)
- Class XII certificate (for those who passed in 2019 or 2020)
- High quality scanned images of your passport size photo and signature in JPEG format.
|Photograph||4 KB – 40 KB|
|Signature||1 KB – 30 KB|
|Other Documents||50 KB – 300 KB|
3. Payment of Application Fee
- Candidates should pay the Registration Fees applicable to their category.
- Here is a table to easily understand what will be the required amount you must pay for the JEE Advanced 2021 Application Form.
4. Print out of the Confirmation Page
- For the future and safety confirmation, the candidates must take the print out/save PDF of the confirmation page after the submission of their Application Form.
- In case of any discrepancy in the future, this form will be helpful.
Additional Documents Required for Registration
- GEN-EWS Category Candidates:
- GEN-EWS certificate issued on or after April 01, 2020, or later in consonance with the latest guidelines of the government of India.
- If the candidate fails to collect the GEN-EWS certificate before online JEE Advanced registration, he/she may upload a declaration to that effect.
- OBC-NCL Category Candidates:
- OBC-NCL certificate issued on or after April 1, 2020, or later in consonance with the latest guidelines of the government of India.
- If the candidate fails to collect the OBC-NCL certificate before online JEE Advanced registration, he/she may upload a declaration to that effect.
- SC/ST Category Candidates:
- Caste (SC) or Tribe (ST) certificate (Form – SC/ST) as per the latest guidelines laid down by the Government of India.
- PwD Category Candidates:
- Physical Disability Certificate (FORM-PwD II/III/IV [whichever is applicable]) issued by the notified medical authority.
- Dyslexic candidates need to submit FORM-DYSLEXIC 1 and 2 instead of FORM-PwD.
- The certificate must mention ‘SEVERE’ under the Dyslexia category to enable the candidate to get the benefit of the PwD category.
- Individual IITs may constitute a medical board at the time of admission to test the candidate’s level of disability.
- DS category Candidates:
- Certificate (Form-DS) issued by an authority in the Directorate of Resettlement and Rehabilitation, New Delhi under the Ministry of Defence or the Ministry of Home Affairs, Govt. of India.
- or students whose, 10+2 examination board is not in India or is not listed in Section 25 (Examination considered equivalent to class XII):
- In such cases, candidates will have to acquire a certificate from the Association of Indian Universities to the effect that the exam qualified by the candidates is equivalent to class XII examination.
- For Candidates who need the service of a scribe:
- Request letter to the Chairman of the respective zonal coordinating IIT (FORM-SCRIBE).
Services of a Scribe
- Scribe services are available only for those PwD students who are visually impaired or dyslexic or have disabilities in the upper limbs or have lost fingers/hands thereby preventing them from the computer-based platform.
- The candidate will be allowed to meet the panel of scribes one day prior to the examination in the presence of the IIT. Representatives (IRs), Presiding Officer (PO), and an Invigilator, and choose her/his scribe.
- If any candidate is found to be using the scribe facility without having any disability, he or she will be excluded from the process of evaluation, ranking, and admission.
Documents Required by Foreign Candidates
- Birth certificate
- Class XII marks sheet
- Identity proof of the candidate
- Citizenship certificate/Passport of both the parents
- Testimonial (if required)
For candidates who wish to avail reservations under a certain category, are required to provide the respective certificate of proof.
JEE Advanced Registration Fee 2021
The registration fee varies according to the exam centre. Check below detailed registration fees:-
Application Fee for exam centres in India-
|Indian||Female (all categories)||INR 1400|
|SC, ST, PwD||INR 1400|
|All other categories||INR 2800|
|Foreign||SAARC countries||USD 75|
|Non-SAARC countries||USD 150|
Application Fee for exam centres in Foreign Countries-
Latest News Updates
- Key Takeaways From Education Minister’s Webinar On JEE Main 2021 Examination
- JEE Main 2021: Live Session With Education Minister Extended To December 10th
- Uttarakhand Government To Provide Free Coaching Classes For JEE Aspirants
- JEE Main 2021: Mr Ramesh Pokhriyal Directs NTA to Draft a Fresh Syllabus
- JEE Main 2021 Delayed Till February, JEE Advanced 2021 Syllabus Being Reviewed
How To Pay Registration Fee?
The process for paying the fee can be done in both online and offline methods.
For online mode follow these steps-
- After completion of JEE Advanced Application Form, candidates will get the option for “Pay Registration Fee”
- The page will redirect to the payment portal.
- Select payment mode from Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking/UPI or Wallet
- After successful payment, URN will generate. Take a print out of the same and save it for future use.
For offline payment mode, candidates need to follow these steps-
- Select payment mode as “SBI Branch” on JEE Advanced 2021 Application Form
- This will generate an e-challan which can be used to pay the fee in cash at any SBI Branch.
- After successfully paying the fee in cash, enter the details of the transaction.
- The URN will be generated upon verification. Save the details for future use.
For payment of exam centres outside India (SAARC/Non-SAARC/Indian Nationals)
- The candidates will have to pay the JEE Advanced registration fee through International Debit or Credit Card issued by Foreign Banks and issued outside India.
- Payment via cash cannot be done.
- Cards issued in India cannot be accepted.
Forgot JEE Advanced 2021 Credentials?
If a candidate forgets his/her password for the JEE Advanced Application portal, it can be easily reset using the steps below.
- Firstly, click on the forgot password option
- Secondly, choose one of the options given. You can choose from-
- Reset using your security question.
- Or, reset using code sent to your registered mobile number.
- Lastly, reset using the reset link sent to your registered email address.
- Input the details required such as JEE Main 2021 Application Number etc.
- In the end, reset the password and login to the portal again.
How to Correct Mistakes in the JEE Advanced Application Form?
There is no provision to make any changes in the application form once submitted. Therefore, all the candidates are advised to be very careful while filling up the application form.
- Also, there are no tentative dates announced by IIT Delhi for a correction window, so it is advised that candidates fill the JEE Advanced Application Form 2021 with utmost care.
- Only an option will be provided to the registered candidates to change their choice of exam cities between the form correction window.
- Any errors must be directly reported to the conducting authority.
Mistakes to Avoid During JEE Advanced Registration
There are some of the mistakes that should be avoided during JEE Advanced Registration:
- Candidates should make sure that he/she has paid the JEE Advanced application fee successfully before the deadline.
- This is because the application form will not be accepted if the payment of the application fee is unsuccessful.
- Also, the candidates must upload the documents as per the specifications prescribed by the conducting body.
- Next, candidates must make an apt choice when it comes to examination centres.
- They should preferably opt for the nearby ones to reach the centre hassle-free.
Documents Required after JEE Advanced 2021 Registration?
After the completion of the JEE Advanced registration process, the following documents should be retained safely by the candidates.
- JEE Advanced registration confirmation mail.
- Passport-size photographs. Also, candidates must ensure that these photographs match the one used while filling the JEE Advanced Application 2021 Form.
- A printed JEE Advanced Admit card.
Important information for JEE Advanced 2021 International Applicants
There is some important information catering to international applicants who are willing to take JEE Advanced 2021 Examination.
- There are two types of foreign nationals. Firstly, candidates who are not the citizens of India and do not come under the OCI category. Also, the candidates whose parents are not the citizens of India and do not come under the OCI category at the time of registration.
- International Applicants are not eligible for the reservation of seats under the OBC-NCL, SC, ST, and PwD categories as authorized by the government of India.
- Supernumerary seats are allotted to foreign nationals with a cap of 10% of the total number of seats in every course.
- International Applicants are under no obligation to take JEE Main before applying for JEE Advanced. If they fulfil all the other eligibility criteria, they can apply for JEE Advanced 2021.
- International applicants must present the identification proof of both the parents.
What happens if you accidentally close your browser while filling the JEE Advanced Application Form 2021?
Candidates can always click on the “SAVE” button in the JEE Advanced 2021 Application Form to save their progress. Also, they can start where they left using JEE Advanced Candidate Login on the official website. Candidates need to enter the JEE Main 2021 Application Number as well as the password chosen by them, along with a security pin.
The JEE Advanced 2021 candidate login is used for many purposes. They are as follows-
- Fill the application form.
- Also, to download the JEE Advanced 2021 Admit Card.
- For printing the confirmation page.
- Next, to check and download the result and scorecard.
- Lastly, to make corrections in your JEE Advanced application form.
After the successful JEE Advanced registration, the candidates will be able to download the admit card. Also, they can enter their credentials and successfully download the soft copy of the admit card.
- Candidates must get a hard copy of the JEE Advanced 2021 admit card and carry it along with themselves on the examination day.
- If the candidates fail to present the admit card, he/she will not be able to enter the examination hall under any circumstances.
Last updated on April 8th, 2020 at 12:26 pm
Ans. Yes, credit cards are used as a payment option. Although there might be a small fee charged. You can go through other options mentioned on the official website.
Last updated on December 29th, 2020 at 02:33 pm
Ans. You can not retrieve your old password, but only reset to set a new password. It can be done using reset options such as security question, verification code and reset link.
Last updated on December 29th, 2020 at 02:34 pm
Ans. The fee to be paid by the male candidates is INR 2800.
Last updated on December 29th, 2020 at 02:35 pm
Ans. Unfortunately, there is no flexibility to edit your application form once you have submitted the application form. Although, you can provide an additional mobile number in JEE Advanced Application Form 2021. In case you have lost your mobile number, you can call the helpline number of JEE Advanced 2021 i.e. +91-011-26591785/1798/7099.