Update: Mr. Ramesh Pokhriyal HRD Minister– India announced new dates for JEE Advanced 2020. The exam will be conducted on 23 August. Application and other dates will be declared soon on the official website.
JEE Advanced 2020 Application Form will be available on the official website of JEE Advanced 2020 i.e. jeeadv.ac.in soon after the JEE Main 2020 Results are announced. A vital point to be aware of is that only the top 2,50,000 candidates of JEE Main 2020 are eligible to fill the JEE Advanced Application Form 2020.
JEE Advanced 2020 Application Form: Important Dates
Here are the dates which are extremely important for all the appearing candidates.
|Start of Application Form||To be announced (Postponed)|
|Last date for Application Form||To be announced|
|Last date of paying the fee||To be announced|
|Availability of admit card||To be announced|
|Exam dates||23 August 2020|
Before going further with the JEE Advanced 2020 Application Form, here are some of the new changes in the application. All the candidates are advised to go through the same.
- JEE Advanced 2020 Application Form fees for male candidates belonging to General/ OBC category has increased INR 200 and now the amount is INR 2800.
- The hike in fee for all female candidates and male candidates belonging to SC/ST/PwD is INR 100 which brings the total amount to INR 1400.
- 16 exam cities have newly been added in India while 4 have been removed from the list of exam centers.
JEE Advanced 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who wish to fill the JEE Advanced 2020 Application Form have to fulfil the JEE Advanced 2020 eligibility criteria as per the guidelines laid down by IIT Delhi.
- Ranks in JEE Main 2020 Paper 1: Only the top 2,50,000 candidates holding AIR (All India Rank) in JEE Main 2020 Paper 1 will be eligible to appear for JEE Advanced 2020, including ones from reserved categories.
Category-wise distribution of top 2,50,000 candidates (Criterion 1)
|2.||OPEN – PwD||5063|
|3.||GEN – EWS||23750||25000|
|4.||GEN – EWS – PwD||1250|
|5.||OBC – NCL||64125||67500|
|6.||OBC – NCL – PwD||3375|
|8.||SC – PwD||1875|
|10.||ST – PwD||938|
- Age Limit: JEE Mains 2020 might have removed the age limit, but IITs still follow it. The age limit for a candidate will be born on or after October 1, 1995. 5-year relaxation is given to SC, ST, and PwD candidates.
- Number of Attempts: Candidate can only attempt JEE Advanced two times in two consecutive years. The attempt limit is 2 for everyone.
- Qualifying Examination: The compulsory subjects in class 12 for a candidate are Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. Secondly, only those who appeared in 2019 or are appearing in 2020 for class 12th are eligible to apply. An exception is made for those students who appeared in the exam in 2018 but the results were declared after June 2018.
- Previously admitted to an IIT: If you were previously admitted to an IIT, you cannot appear for JEE Advanced 2020.
How to fill the JEE Advanced 2020 Application Form?
The JEE Advanced 2020 Application Form can only be filled online. IIT Delhi has postponed the dates for JEE Advanced 2020 due to the COVID-19 outbreak. The exam will be rescheduled after JEE Main 2020. Below are the steps to begin the JEE Advanced Application Form.
Step 1 – JEE Advanced 2020 Registration
Visit the official website of JEE Advanced 2020 and log in using your roll number and password from JEE Main 2020. Details from the JEE Main 2020 Application Form will be automatically taken. Candidates can check the details if they find any discrepancies. Fill the exam city preferences and other details. Click save and proceed for the next step of JEE Advanced Application Form 2020.
Step 2 – Upload Documents
Candidates are required to upload a few documents as per the guidelines laid by IIT Delhi to complete the application process.
- Birth certificate OR Class X certificate (mentioning DOB)
- Class XII certificate (for those who passed in 2018 or 2019)
- High quality scanned images of your passport size photo and signature in JPEG format.
|Photograph||4 KB – 40 KB|
|Signature||1 KB – 30 KB|
|Other Documents||50 KB – 300 KB|
Additional Documents required
- For candidates under the GEN-EWS Category: GEN-EWS certificate issued on or after April 1, 2020, or later in consonance with the latest guidelines of the government of India. If the candidate fails to collect the GEN-EWS certificate before online registration, he/she may upload a declaration to that effect.
- For candidates under the OBC-NCL Category: OBC-NCL certificate issued on or after April 1, 2020, or later in consonance with the latest guidelines of the government of India. If the candidate fails to collect the OBC-NCL certificate before online registration, he/she may upload a declaration to that effect.
- For candidates under the SC/ST Category: Caste (SC) or Tribe (ST) certificate (Form – SC/ST) as per the latest guidelines laid down by the Government of India.
- For candidates under the PwD Category:
- Physical Disability Certificate (FORM-PwD II/III/IV [whichever is applicable]) issued by the notified medical authority.
- Dyslexic candidate needs to submit FORM-DYSLEXIC 1 and 2 instead of
- FORM-PwD. The certificate must mention ‘SEVERE’ under the Dyslexia category to enable the candidate to get the benefit of the PwD category.
- Individual IITs may constitute a medical board at the time of admission to test the candidate’s level of disability.
- For candidates under the DS category: Certificate (Form-DS) issued by an authority in the Directorate of Resettlement and Rehabilitation, New Delhi under the Ministry of Defence or the Ministry of Home Affairs, Govt. of India.
- For students whose, 10+2 examination board is not in India or is not listed in Section 25 (Examination considered equivalent to class XII): In such cases, candidates, will have to acquire a certificate from the Association of Indian Universities to the effect that the exam qualified by the candidates is equivalent to class XII examination.
- For Candidates who need the service of a scribe: Request letter to the Chairman of the respective zonal coordinating IIT (FORM-SCRIBE).
Services of a Scribe
- Scribe services are available only for those PwD students who are visually impaired or dyslexic or have disability in the upper limbs.or have lost fingers/hands thereby preventing them from the computer based platform.
- The candidate will be allowed to meet the panel of scribes one day prior to the examination i.e., on Saturday, 16 May 2020, in the presence of the IIT. Representatives (IRs), Presiding Officer (PO) and an Invigilator, and choose her/his scribe.
- If any candidate is found to be using the scribe facility without having any disability, he or she will be excluded from the process of evaluation, ranking and admission.
Documents Required by Foreign Candidates are given below-
- Birth certificate
- Class XII marks sheet
- Identity proof of the candidate
- Citizenship certificate/Passport of both the parents
- Testimonial (if required)
For candidates who wish to avail reservations under a certain category, are required to provide the respective certificate of proof as mentioned in JEE Advanced 2020 official brochure.
Step 3 – Payment of JEE Advanced 2020 Application Form Fee
Candidates should pay the fees applicable to their category. Here is a table to easily understand what will be the required amount you must pay for the JEE Advanced 2020 Application Form.
Application Fee for exam centers in India-
|Indian||Female (all categories)||INR 1400|
|SC, ST, PwD||INR 1400|
|All other categories||INR 2800|
|Foreign||SAARC countries||USD 75|
|Non-SAARC countries||USD 150|
Application Fee for exam centers in Foreign Countries-
|Foreign||SAARC countries||USD 75|
|Non-SAARC countries||USD 150|
The process for paying the Fee can be done in both online and offline method.
For online mode follow these steps-
- After completion of JEE Advanced Application Form, candidates will get the option for “Pay Registration Fee”
- The page will redirect to the payment portal.
- Select payment mode from Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking/UPI or Wallet
- After successful payment, URN will be generated. Take a print out of the same and save it for future use.
For offline payment mode, candidates need to follow these steps-
- Select payment mode as “SBI Branch” on JEE Advanced 2020 Application Form
- This will generate an e-challan which can be used to pay the fee in cash at any SBI Branch.
- After successfully paying the fee in cash, enter the details of the transaction.
- The URN will be generated upon verification. Save the details for future use.
For payment of exam centers outside India (SAARC/Non-SAARC/Indian Nationals)-
- The candidates are required to pay the registration fee through International Debit or Credit Card issued by Foreign Banks and issued outside India.
- Option to pay in cash is not accepted here
- Cards issued in India cannot be accepted.
Step 4 – Print out of the confirmation page
For the future and safety confirmation, the candidates must take the print out/save PDF of the confirmation page after the submission of their Application Form. In case of any discrepancy in the future, this form will be helpful.
Latest News Updates
- NTA Re-opens JEE Main Application Form For Candidates, Last Date To Apply Is 24th May
- Turn Lockdown Period Into An Opportunity”, says Anand Kumar of Super 30 to JEE Aspirants
- JEE Main 2020 Syllabus not reduced, says NTA
- JEE Main 2020: Dates announced by the MHRD, Examination to be conducted from July 18 to 23, 2020
- New Batches for IITs and NITs to start in September 2020
What happens if you accidentally close your browser while filling the JEE Advanced 2020 Application Form?
Candidates can always click on the “SAVE” button in the JEE Advanced 2020 Application Form to save their progress. They can start where they left using JEE Advanced Candidate Login on the official website. Candidates need to enter the JEE Main 2020 Application Number as well as the password chosen by them, along with a security pin. The JEE Advanced 2020 candidate login is used for many purposes. They are as follows-
- Fill the application form
- To download the JEE Advanced 2020 Admit Card
- To print the confirmation page
- To check and download the result and scorecard
- To make corrections in your application form
How to Retrieve the JEE Advanced 2020 Candidate Login password?
If a candidate forgets his/her password for the JEE Advanced Application portal, it can be easily reset using the steps below.
- Click on the forgot password option
- Choose one of the options given. You can choose from-
- Reset using your security question
- Reset using code sent to your registered mobile number
- Reset using reset link sent to your registered email address
- Input the details required such as JEE Main 2020 Application Number etc.
- Reset the password and login to the portal again.
How to correct mistakes in the Application Form?
It is extremely important to know that there is no provision to make any changes in the application form once submitted. Therefore, all the candidates are advised to be very careful while filling up the application form. Also, there are no tentative dates announced by IIT Delhi for a correction window, so it is advised that candidates fill the JEE Advanced Application Form 2020 with utmost care. Any errors must be directly reported to conducting authority.
Mistakes to avoid during JEE Advanced Registration
There are some of the mistakes that should be avoided during JEE Advanced Registration:
- Candidates should make sure that he/she has paid JEE Advanced application fee successfully before the deadline. The application form will not be accepted if the payment of the application fee is unsuccessful.
- Candidates must upload the documents as per the specifications prescribed by the conducting body.
- Candidates must make an apt choice when it comes to examination centers. They should preferably opt for the nearby ones in order to reach the center hassle-free.
Documents that should be kept after JEE Advanced Registration
After the completion of the registration process, the following documents should be retained safely by the candidates.
- JEE Advanced registration confirmation mail.
- Passport-size photographs. Candidates must ensure that these photographs match the one used while filling JEE Advanced Application Form.
- A printed JEE Advanced Admit card.
Important information for JEE Advanced International Applicants
There is some important information catering to international applicants who are willing to take JEE Advanced 2020 Examination.
- Firstly, candidates who are not the citizens of India and do not come under the OCI category and the candidates whose parents are not the citizens of India and do not come under the OCI category at the time of registration will be treated as foreign nationals.
- International Applicants are not eligible for the reservation of seats under the OBC-NCL, SC, ST and PwD categories as authorized by the government of India.
- Supernumerary seats are allotted to foreign nationals with a cap of 10% of the total number of seats in every course.
- International Applicants are under no obligation to take JEE Main before applying for JEE Advanced. If they fulfill all the other eligibility criteria, they can apply for JEE Advanced.
- It is required for the international applicants to present the identification proof of both the parents.
After the successful registration, the candidates will be able to download the admit card one week prior to the examination at the official website jeeadv.ac.in. They can enter their credentials and successfully download the soft copy of the admit card. Candidates must get a hard copy of the JEE Advanced admit card and carry it along with themselves on the examination day. If the candidates fail to present the admit card, he or she, under no circumstances will be allowed to enter the examination hall.
Ans. You can not retrieve your old password, but only reset to set a new password. It can be done using reset options such as security question, verification code and reset link.
Ans. The revised fee to be paid by the male candidates is INR 2800.
Ans. Currently, due to COVID-19 crisis all over the country, there is a delay in the academic calendar. This can result in an extension of dates for many processes regarding JEE Advanced Application Form 2020.
Ans. Unfortunately, there is no flexibility to edit your application form once you have submitted the application form. Although, you can provide an additional mobile number in JEE Advanced Application Form 2020. In case you have lost your mobile number, you can call the helpline number of JEE Advanced 2020 i.e. +91-011-26591785/1798/7099.