Last updated on September 21st, 2020 at 05:47 pm
JEE Advanced Application Form 2020 was released by IIT Delhi on September 12, 2020 at jeeadv.nic.in. The last date for filling the application form was September 17, 2020.
Latest: JEE Advanced Admit Card 2020 have been released by IIT Delhi. Download Hall Ticket Now
- IIT Delhi will conduct the exam on 27th September 2020.
- The complete revised schedule has been released on the official website.
- JEE Advanced 2020 will not be conducted at foreign centres due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Read More
- 6.35 lakhs candidates appeared for JEE Main April/ September 2020 session out of the 8.41 lakhs registered candidates.
- Aspirants must have a rank within the top 2,50,000 in JEE Main to fulfil JEE Advanced Eligibility Criteria.
- There has been a hike in JEE Advanced application fees. General and OBC candidates will pay INR 2800 and female and other reserved categories candidates will pay INR 1400.
- JEE Advanced Paper Analysis of Previous Years
- Top Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs), Cut Off, Fees
- IIT Kharagpur Cut Off 2019 For All 7 JoSAA Rounds
JEE Advanced 2020 Registration Dates
|Start of Application Form||12 September 2020 (Commenced)|
|Last date for Application Form||17 September 2020|
|Last date of paying the fee||17 September 2020|
|Availability of admit card||21 September 2020 to 27 September 2020|
|JEE Advanced 2020 Exam dates||27th September 2020|
Before going further with the JEE Advanced 2020 Application Form, here are some of the new changes in the application. All the candidates should go through the same.
- There is an increase of INR 200 in JEE Advanced 2020 Application Form fees for male candidates belonging to the General/ OBC category. Now, the amount is INR 2800.
- The hike in fee for all female and male candidates belonging to SC/ST/PwD is INR 100 which brings the total amount to INR 1400.
- NTA has added 16 exam centres in India. On the other hand, they have removed 4 from the list of exam centres.
Also Check: JEE Advanced 2020 Syllabus
How to fill the JEE Advanced Application Form 2020?
Candidates who wish to fill the JEE Advanced 2020 Application Form have to fulfil the JEE Advanced 2020 eligibility criteria. This is as per the guidelines laid down by IIT Delhi.
- Candidates can fill the JEE Advanced Application Form 2020 online.
- IIT Delhi has postponed the dates for JEE Advanced 2020 due to the COVID-19 outbreak and rescheduled it for 27th september 2020.
- Below are the steps to begin the JEE Advanced Application Form.
1. JEE Advanced 2020 Registration
- Begin with visiting the official website (jeeadv.nic.in) of JEE Advanced 2020.
- Next, log in using your roll number and password from JEE Main 2020.
- The portal will automatically take the details from the JEE Main 2020 Application Form.
- Then the candidates can check the details if they find any discrepancies.
- Fill the exam city preferences and other details.
- Lastly, click save and proceed for the next step of the JEE Advanced Application Form 2020.
2. Upload Documents
Candidates are required to upload a few documents for completing JEE Advanced Registration 2020. This is as per the guidelines laid by IIT Delhi to complete the application process.
- Birth certificate OR Class X certificate (mentioning DOB)
- Class XII certificate (for those who passed in 2018 or 2019)
- High quality scanned images of your passport size photo and signature in JPEG format.
|Photograph||4 KB – 40 KB|
|Signature||1 KB – 30 KB|
|Other Documents||50 KB – 300 KB|
3. Payment of Application Fee
- Candidates should pay the Registration Fees applicable to their category.
- Here is a table to easily understand what will be the required amount you must pay for the JEE Advanced 2020 Application Form.
4. Print out of the Confirmation Page
- For the future and safety confirmation, the candidates must take the print out/save PDF of the confirmation page after the submission of their Application Form.
- In case of any discrepancy in the future, this form will be helpful.
Latest News Updates
- JEE Main 2020 Admit Card Released on Jeemain.nic.in. Download Now
- JEE Main 2020 Day 1: Check Exam Updates and JEE Main Paper Analysis
- Registrations For JoSAA Counselling To Begin From 6th October
- Check JEE Main Participating Colleges
- JEE Advanced 2020: Revised Schedule Released, Registration Starts from 11 September
JEE Advanced 2021: Developments Due To COVID-19
IIT Kharagpur will conduct the JEE Advanced 2021.
- It is possible that the syllabus for JEE Advanced 2021 is reduced considering the vast period lost amid COVID-19.
- Exam schedule might also be delayed as the JEE Main 2021 is expected to be conducted on a later date in 2021.
- JEE Advanced 2020 April session was postponed twice due to the COVID-19 pandemic and thus, the testing agency is planning to review the dates for January 2021 session.
- The board will also take a decision regarding allowing more number of attempts as a special case in the annual meeting.
Additional Documents Required for Registration
- GEN-EWS Category Candidates:
- GEN-EWS certificate issued on or after April 01, 2020, or later in consonance with the latest guidelines of the government of India.
- If the candidate fails to collect the GEN-EWS certificate before online JEE Advanced registration, he/she may upload a declaration to that effect.
- OBC-NCL Category Candidates:
- OBC-NCL certificate issued on or after April 1, 2020, or later in consonance with the latest guidelines of the government of India.
- If the candidate fails to collect the OBC-NCL certificate before online JEE Advanced registration, he/she may upload a declaration to that effect.
- SC/ST Category Candidates:
- Caste (SC) or Tribe (ST) certificate (Form – SC/ST) as per the latest guidelines laid down by the Government of India.
- PwD Category Candidates:
- Physical Disability Certificate (FORM-PwD II/III/IV [whichever is applicable]) issued by the notified medical authority.
- Dyslexic candidates need to submit FORM-DYSLEXIC 1 and 2 instead of FORM-PwD.
- The certificate must mention ‘SEVERE’ under the Dyslexia category to enable the candidate to get the benefit of the PwD category.
- Individual IITs may constitute a medical board at the time of admission to test the candidate’s level of disability.
- DS category Candidates:
- Certificate (Form-DS) issued by an authority in the Directorate of Resettlement and Rehabilitation, New Delhi under the Ministry of Defence or the Ministry of Home Affairs, Govt. of India.
- or students whose, 10+2 examination board is not in India or is not listed in Section 25 (Examination considered equivalent to class XII):
- In such cases, candidates will have to acquire a certificate from the Association of Indian Universities to the effect that the exam qualified by the candidates is equivalent to class XII examination.
- For Candidates who need the service of a scribe:
- Request letter to the Chairman of the respective zonal coordinating IIT (FORM-SCRIBE).
Services of a Scribe
- Scribe services are available only for those PwD students who are visually impaired or dyslexic or have disabilities in the upper limbs or have lost fingers/hands thereby preventing them from the computer-based platform.
- The candidate will be allowed to meet the panel of scribes one day prior to the examination i.e., on Saturday, 26 September 2020, in the presence of the IIT. Representatives (IRs), Presiding Officer (PO), and an Invigilator, and choose her/his scribe.
- If any candidate is found to be using the scribe facility without having any disability, he or she will be excluded from the process of evaluation, ranking, and admission.
Documents Required by Foreign Candidates
- Birth certificate
- Class XII marks sheet
- Identity proof of the candidate
- Citizenship certificate/Passport of both the parents
- Testimonial (if required)
For candidates who wish to avail reservations under a certain category, are required to provide the respective certificate of proof as mentioned in JEE Advanced 2020 official brochure.
Check IIT Madras Cut Off 2020
JEE Advanced Registration Fee 2020
The registration fee varies according to the exam centre. Check below detailed registration fees:-
Application Fee for exam centres in India-
|Indian||Female (all categories)||INR 1400|
|SC, ST, PwD||INR 1400|
|All other categories||INR 2800|
|Foreign||SAARC countries||USD 75|
|Non-SAARC countries||USD 150|
Application Fee for exam centres in Foreign Countries-
How To Pay Registration Fee?
The process for paying the fee can be done in both online and offline methods.
For online mode follow these steps-
- After completion of JEE Advanced Application Form, candidates will get the option for “Pay Registration Fee”
- The page will redirect to the payment portal.
- Select payment mode from Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking/UPI or Wallet
- After successful payment, URN will generate. Take a print out of the same and save it for future use.
For offline payment mode, candidates need to follow these steps-
- Select payment mode as “SBI Branch” on JEE Advanced 2020 Application Form
- This will generate an e-challan which can be used to pay the fee in cash at any SBI Branch.
- After successfully paying the fee in cash, enter the details of the transaction.
- The URN will be generated upon verification. Save the details for future use.
For payment of exam centres outside India (SAARC/Non-SAARC/Indian Nationals)- Scrapped for 2020
- The candidates will have to pay the JEE Advanced registration fee through International Debit or Credit Card issued by Foreign Banks and issued outside India.
- Payment via cash cannot be done.
- Cards issued in India cannot be accepted.
Forgot JEE Advanced 2020 Credentials?
If a candidate forgets his/her password for the JEE Advanced Application portal, it can be easily reset using the steps below.
- Firstly, click on the forgot password option
- Secondly, choose one of the options given. You can choose from-
- Reset using your security question.
- Or, reset using code sent to your registered mobile number.
- Lastly, reset using the reset link sent to your registered email address.
- Input the details required such as JEE Main 2020 Application Number etc.
- In the end, reset the password and login to the portal again.
How to correct mistakes in the JEE Advanced Application Form?
There is no provision to make any changes in the application form once submitted. Therefore, all the candidates are advised to be very careful while filling up the application form.
- Also, there are no tentative dates announced by IIT Delhi for a correction window, so it is advised that candidates fill the JEE Advanced Application Form 2020 with utmost care.
- Only an option was provided to the registered candidates to change their choice of exam cities between September 16, 2020 and September 17, 2020.
- Any errors must be directly reported to the conducting authority.
Mistakes to avoid during JEE Advanced Registration
There are some of the mistakes that should be avoided during JEE Advanced Registration:
- Candidates should make sure that he/she has paid the JEE Advanced application fee successfully before the deadline.
- This is because the application form will not be accepted if the payment of the application fee is unsuccessful.
- Also, the candidates must upload the documents as per the specifications prescribed by the conducting body.
- Next, candidates must make an apt choice when it comes to examination centres.
- They should preferably opt for the nearby ones to reach the centre hassle-free.
Documents Required after JEE Advanced 2020 Registration?
After the completion of the JEE Advanced registration process, the following documents should be retained safely by the candidates.
- JEE Advanced registration confirmation mail.
- Passport-size photographs. Also, candidates must ensure that these photographs match the one used while filling the JEE Advanced Application 2020 Form.
- A printed JEE Advanced Admit card.
Important information for JEE Advanced 2020 International Applicants
There is some important information catering to international applicants who are willing to take JEE Advanced 2020 Examination.
- There are two types of foreign nationals. Firstly, candidates who are not the citizens of India and do not come under the OCI category. Also, the candidates whose parents are not the citizens of India and do not come under the OCI category at the time of registration.
- International Applicants are not eligible for the reservation of seats under the OBC-NCL, SC, ST, and PwD categories as authorized by the government of India.
- Supernumerary seats are allotted to foreign nationals with a cap of 10% of the total number of seats in every course.
- International Applicants are under no obligation to take JEE Main before applying for JEE Advanced. If they fulfil all the other eligibility criteria, they can apply for JEE Advanced 2020.
- International applicants must present the identification proof of both the parents.
What happens if you accidentally close your browser while filling the JEE Advanced Application Form 2020?
Candidates can always click on the “SAVE” button in the JEE Advanced 2020 Application Form to save their progress. Also, they can start where they left using JEE Advanced Candidate Login on the official website. Candidates need to enter the JEE Main 2020 Application Number as well as the password chosen by them, along with a security pin.
The JEE Advanced 2020 candidate login is used for many purposes. They are as follows-
- Fill the application form.
- Also, to download the JEE Advanced 2020 Admit Card.
- For printing the confirmation page.
- Next, to check and download the result and scorecard.
- Lastly, to make corrections in your JEE Advanced application form.
After the successful JEE Advanced registration, the candidates will be able to download the admit card. It will be available from 21st September 2020 to 27th September 2020 at the official website jeeadv.ac.in. Also, they can enter their credentials and successfully download the soft copy of the admit card.
- Candidates must get a hard copy of the JEE Advanced 2020 admit card and carry it along with themselves on the examination day.
- If the candidates fail to present the admit card, he/she will not be able to enter the examination hall under any circumstances.
Last updated on April 8th, 2020 at 12:26 pm Ans. Yes, credit cards are used as a payment option. Although there might be a small fee charged. You can go through other options mentioned on the official website.
Last updated on April 8th, 2020 at 12:26 pm
Ans. Yes, credit cards are used as a payment option. Although there might be a small fee charged. You can go through other options mentioned on the official website.
Last updated on April 8th, 2020 at 12:27 pm Ans. You can not retrieve your old password, but only reset to set a new password. It can be done using reset options such as security question, verification code and reset link.
Last updated on April 8th, 2020 at 12:27 pm
Ans. You can not retrieve your old password, but only reset to set a new password. It can be done using reset options such as security question, verification code and reset link.
Last updated on April 8th, 2020 at 12:28 pm Ans. The revised fee to be paid by the male candidates is INR 2800.
Last updated on April 8th, 2020 at 12:28 pm
Ans. The revised fee to be paid by the male candidates is INR 2800.
Last updated on April 8th, 2020 at 12:29 pm Ans. Currently, due to COVID-19 crisis all over the country, there is a delay in the academic calendar. This can result in an extension of dates for many processes regarding JEE Advanced Application Form 2020.
Last updated on April 8th, 2020 at 12:29 pm
Ans. Currently, due to COVID-19 crisis all over the country, there is a delay in the academic calendar. This can result in an extension of dates for many processes regarding JEE Advanced Application Form 2020.
Last updated on April 8th, 2020 at 12:30 pm Ans. Unfortunately, there is no flexibility to edit your application form once you have submitted the application form. Although, you can provide an additional mobile number in JEE Advanced Application Form 2020. In case you have lost your mobile number, you can call the helpline number of JEE Advanced 2020 i.e. +91-011-26591785/1798/7099.
Last updated on April 8th, 2020 at 12:30 pm
Ans. Unfortunately, there is no flexibility to edit your application form once you have submitted the application form. Although, you can provide an additional mobile number in JEE Advanced Application Form 2020. In case you have lost your mobile number, you can call the helpline number of JEE Advanced 2020 i.e. +91-011-26591785/1798/7099.