Last updated on October 27th, 2020
Few of the top colleges and universities under Delhi State Government are offering B.Tech / B.E. courses on the basis of JEE Main 2020 Scores of the candidates. Soon, the authority will announce the Round 1 Seat Allotment Result on the candidate login portal of JAC Delhi 2020 i.e. https://jacdelhi.nic.in.
Candidates need to use their JEE Main 2020 Application Number and Password to login on the portal to check the results of various rounds of allotment.
Usually, a spot round is conducted in case there are seats left vacant after Round 1 to Round 3 counselling. Registrations and choice filling was open from September 21st to October 9th 2020. Candidates who wish to join the allocated course and institute, have to pay a fee of INR 1,03,000 through JAC portal only.
- JoSAA 2020 Counselling for IITs, NITs, IIITs and More
- NIT Delhi: B.Tech Admissions, JEE Main Cut Off, Fees
JAC Delhi Counselling 2020: Seat Allocation Process
The counselling by JAC Delhi is usually conducted in 3 rounds, with one special round in case seats are left vacant.
- The candidates who have qualified JEE Main Cut Off 2020, are eligible and admission in various participating institutions is offered on the basis of JEE Main All India Ranks (AIR).
- Download the seat allotment letter once the counselling round results have been announced. Pay the seat acceptance fees of INR 1,03,000.
- After payment, candidates have to appear at the reporting institute, for verification of documents. However, due to COVID-19 this process will be conducted online only.
Those who wish to participate in SPOT rounds have to pay a participation fee of INR 10,000. Also Check MNIT Jaipur B.Tech Courses, Cut Off, Placements
JAC Delhi 2020: Choice Freezing and Upgradation
Based on preferences, candidates will be able to freeze their allocated option, or their course or college choice can be upgraded if the seats are left vacant.
- Using the online portal, candidates can freeze their seats once the result for allotment has been announced.
- In case a better seat is left vacant, the choice is upgraded, provided it has been marked under preferences by the candidate.
Eligibility for Round 2 Counselling
According to the Business Rules of JAC Delhi 2020, the following types of candidates can take part in Round 2 Counselling-
- Candidates who took part in Round 1, but were not shortlisted under any course/seat.
- Those candidates who were allocated a seat in Round 1, have paid the fees for acceptance, documents verified, but have opted for seat upgradation.
- New Registrations are eligible.
Participating Colleges of JAC Delhi 2020
There are 4 institutes that take part in Joint Admission Counselling, Delhi 2020-
|Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology Delhi (IIIT-D)||Computer Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mathematics and Computing etc|
|Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University for Women (IGDTUW)||Computer Science & Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering etc|
|Netaji Subhas University of Technology (NSUT)||Computer Science & Applied Mathematics, Computer Science and Design etc|
|Delhi Technological University (DTU)||Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Bio-Technology etc|
The placements and fees of these colleges is very suitable as these are government colleges. Many PSUs hire from these colleges. DTU is one of the top ranking universities in NIRF 2020 Overall rankings. For NIRF Engineering, it has been ranked at 36th position.