Last updated on July 17th, 2021 by Ahana Bhaduri
Indraprastha College for Women was ranked 43 among 200 top colleges in India by the NIRF in 2020 and by 11 in Arts out of 120 by India Today. Indraprastha College for Women has various academic departments that offer postgraduate and undergraduate programs in all three streams like Arts, Commerce, Science.
BA Economics Hons is the flagship course of Indraprastha College for Women and it further offers admission to various other courses such as BSc, BCom, BA in various specializations. At the Postgraduate level, Indraprastha College for Women offers courses like MSc, MA.
Admissions to BA, B.Sc, BCom is mainly merit-based. Admissions to BA Multimedia and Mass Communication is based on the All India Entrance Exam conducted at the University of Delhi. Admissions to MSc, MA must have cut off marks prepared by the University
Indraprastha College for Women Key Facts
- BA Economics Hons Admissions at IP College is based on 12th Marks, followed by a Counseling
- The IP College Application process generally starts in June with Delhi University registrations. Students have to register for Delhi University.
- For BA Multi-media & Mass Communication Admission entrance test score is considered
- Seven Merit List and Three Special Round Cutoff list released by the University for admission in various programmes of Indraprastha College for Women.
- The placement of Indraprastha College for Women has a great ROI with the highest salary offered is INR 7 LPA. The median salary offered is INR 3 LPA.
- Indraprastha College for Women in addition offers a wide range of facilities to the students which include Hostels, Sports, Clubs, and a library.
Indraprastha College for Women Rankings
Being the leading college in India, the Indian Indraprastha College for Women has been ranked by recognized platforms for its excellence in the field. Some of the rankings are as follows:
- The university has been rank 44 out of 200 by NIRF in 2020
- IP College has been ranked 43 as per NIRF Ranking 2020
- It has been ranked 11 out of 120 for Arts in India by India Today 2020.
- Rank 15 out 160 in Commerce and 15 out of 120 in Science by India Today 2020.
- Rank 13 for Arts Outlook 2020
- Rank 19 for Commerce by Outlook 2020
- Ranked 14 for Arts by The Week 2020
- Ranked 22 for Commerce by The Week 2020
Indraprastha College for Women Courses & Fees
Indraprastha College for Women offers Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses in all three streams like Arts, Commerce, Science. Given below is a brief introduction about the programs with their eligibility:
|Program||Program Details||Selection Criteria|
||Selection shall be done on the basis of marks obtained in qualifying examination including one language and three best subjects and merit list released by the University|
||Selection will be done on the basis of the cut off merit list prepared by the admission committee of the University of Delhi|
Indraprastha College for Women Cutoffs
|Course Name||Cutoff 1||Cutoff 2||Cutoff 3||Cutoff 4||Cutoff 5||Cutoff 6|
|BA (H) Economics||98.00||98.00||Closed||96.50||Closed||Closed|
|BA (H) English||96.50||Closed||96.25||Closed||96||95.75|
|BA (H) Hindi||86||83.50||Closed||83||Closed||Closed|
|BA (H) Geography||96||Closed||Closed||Closed||Closed||Closed|
|BA (H) History||96||Closed||Closed||Closed||Closed||Closed|
|BA (H) Philosophy||93||Closed||Closed||92.75||91.75||Closed|
|BA (H) Political Science||97.50||97.25||97||96.50||96.50||96.25|
|BA (H) Psychology||98||Closed||Closed||Closed||Closed||Closed|
|BA (H) Sanskrit||70||65||60||60||56||Closed|
|BA (H) Sociology||97||96||96||94.50||Closed||–|
|BSc (H) Computer Science||95.50||Closed||Closed||Closed||Closed||–|
|BSc (H) Mathematics||95.50||Closed||Closed||94.75||Closed||–|
Indraprastha College for Women Placements
Indraprastha College for Women has a proactive placement and training cell called JEET which organise and helps students to
- Identify their aptitude
- Develop leadership skills and corporate ethics
- Learn technical skills that get them jobs
- Get practical exposures through interns
The placement statistics are given below:
- Around 80% of students are placed in 2019-20
- The highest salary package offered was INR 6.4 LPA, whereas the median salary offered was INR 4.83 LPA
- Decathlon, NIIT, PWC, EY, HSBC, The Oberoi Group, Sap Labs, Deloitte, Wipro, DE Shaw & Co, Chegg, TresVista. In the past, Mahindra Comviva, companies like indigo, Policy Bazaar, Jet Airways, Josh Talks, are some of the recruiting companies
Many reputed companies visited the campus last year and attracted the best talent. Some of the best Organizations offering the best placement package are as follows:
Indraprastha College for Women Scholarships
- The College provides financial assistance to students belonging to the economically weaker sections. Students have to apply with necessary documents on time specified by the college
- There are also awarded scholarships on the basis of Merit-cum for deserving candidates
- SC/ ST and PwD students should submit their scholarship form for processing scholarships to them each year as per the guidelines of the Delhi University