Last updated on July 22nd, 2021 by Sapna Malik
Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, popularly known as IGIDR Mumbai, is an advanced research and educational institution offering PG and Research level courses. The institute offers MPhil/PhD in Development Studies as well as MSc in Economics.
Admissions to these courses are based on an online Admission Test conducted by the institute itself.
IGIDR provides huge opportunities for final year students in summer and executive placement drives. The institute takes part in various conferences and organizes seminars as well in which students take part and manage to achieve awards every year.
IGIDR Mumbai Admission Updates
- IGIDR has cancelled the Online Admission Test which was scheduled to be conducted on May 8, 2021 until further notice.
- Last date for receipt of Online Application form is extended till May 10, 2021.
- Candidates are required to fill the application forms online on the official institute website.
- Interviews of shortlisted candidates are scheduled to be held in the second or third week of June 2021.
- MSc and PhD classes will be commencing from July 2021.
IGIDR Mumbai Quick Facts
- Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research is well known for its M.Sc and MPhil/ PhD courses. The institute has been ranked 143 by Jagran Josh and 451 by IndiaToday.
- IGIDR conducts an Online Admission Test to determine the aptitude, analytical and mathematical skills of applicants. The online test is conducted at different centres throughout the country.
- Stipends upto INR 35,000 are granted to research scholars whereas need based scholarships are offered to MSc candidates by IGIDR.
- The faculties of IGIDR undertake several projects and activity to utilise for social welfare and development. Most of the faculty members hold a doctorate degree and have past year work experience.
- In the 2019-20 Final Placements, maximum CTC of INR 17.67 LPA was offered to students and ICICI Bank, Pwc DIAC, American Express, CITI were among the top recruiters.
IGIDR Mumbai Courses & Fees
Below tabulated are the courses offered by Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research along with other details:
|Program||Program Details||Selection Basis|
||Online Admission Test followed by PI|
|MPhil/PhD Development Studies||
IGIDR Mumbai Cutoff
Below tabulated is the MSc Admission Test 2019 Cutoff for different category students:
IGIDR Mumbai Placements
Students from Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research have been placed in various national and international academic institutions, MNCs, Firms, Banks, Research Organizations, NGOs etc. The key highlights of IGIDR Maharashtra 2019-20 Placements are as follows:
- The highest package offered in Final Placements was INR 17.67 LPA whereas the median packages offered was INR 15.15 LPA.
- The Mean Absolute Deviation in Final Placements stood upto INR 1,26,000.
- The maximum stipend offered in Summer Placements was INR 1,00,000 whereas the median stipend was INR 40,000.
- The Mean Absolute Deviation in Summer Placements stood up to INR 22,000.
Top recruiters visiting the campus every year for placement drives are:
|ICICI Bank||PWC DIAC||American Express||OLA|
|IDFC First Bank||BAJAJ Finserv||FICO||KPMG Global Services|
|KPMG India||OPTUM||CITI||IIM Ahmedabad|
|ANZ||Reserve Bank of India||Experian||Impact and Policy Research Institute|
IGIDR Mumbai Scholarships
The institute provides scholarships and financial assistance to its students. Below mentioned are the same:
- Need Based Scholarships: These scholarships are offered to MSc students only.
- Financial Assistance: PhD students are eligible for a monthly stipend of INR 25,000 in the first two years. However, students who fulfil terms and conditions of PhD registration would receive a monthly stipend of INR 35,000 in third year.
- IGIDR-IDRC Masters/M.Phil Scholarships: This scholarship is provided to the students from Select Asian Countries with a monthly fixed allowance along with well book reimbursement and travel allowance.
- IGIDR-IDRC Visiting Doctoral Student Scholarships: This scholarship is provided to the students from Select Asian Countries funded by the International Development Research Center, Canada (IDRC). Candidates will receive a monthly stipend of INR 26,000 and other facilities such as one round travel expenses of maximum amount of INR 50,000, fixed medical coverage of amount INR 25,000 with allowable book reimbursement and travel allowance.
- IGIDR-IDRC Postdoctoral Scholarships: This scholarship is provided to the students from Select Asian Countries. They will receive a monthly stipend of INR 50,000, one round of travelling expenses up to a maximum amount of INR 50000 with fixed medical coverage of amount INR 25,000, research grant of INR 1,00,000, and conference travel support up to a maximum amount of INR 1,50,000.