Home » College/Overview » Indian Veterinary Research Institute: Ranking, Placement, Cut-off, Fees, Admission, Scholarship

Indian Veterinary Research Institute: Ranking, Placement, Cut-off, Fees, Admission, Scholarship

Last updated on July 7th, 2021 by Sapna Malik

Indian Veterinary Research Institute (IVRI Bareilly) is one of the four deemed universities under the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR). Established in 1889, it is one of the premier research institutions dedicated to livestock research and development and also referred to as the “Mecca of Veterinary Science” in the country.

IVRI is amongst the top 5 agricultural universities in India.

The institute is known for its advanced research and post-graduate programs. Earlier IVRI offered programs only at masters and doctoral levels. The institution is equipped with world-class facilities required for veterinary research and education.

IVRI Bareilly Key Points

  • The IVRI Bareilly B.V.Sc & AH program is open for all Indian Nationals.
  • The faculty consists of ICAR scientists.
  • IVRI has a placement cell and being the prestigious institute in the field of veterinary sciences the students get good offers easily.
  • It has 5 other campuses in Mukteshwar, Bangalore, Pune, Kolkatta, and Palampur. The UG courses are conducted only at the Izatnagar, Bareilly.
  • IVRI Bareilly offers 24 Master’s programs and 19 Doctoral programs in various disciplines.

IVRI Bareilly Ranking

  • Ranked 4 for Agriculture by ICAR Ranking 2019

IVRI Courses and Fees

Course Details Fees (1st Year)
B.V.Sc & AH
  • Eligibility: Candidates must have passed 10+2 with PCB(Biology/Biotechnology) & English and secured at least 50% marks (45% for SC/ST) in aggregate. + NEET Exam
  • Selection: Merit of NEET-UG +Online Counselling
INR 29,900
MVSc
  • Eligibility: Candidates must have BVSc with at least 60% marks (55% for SC/ST) in aggregate. + AIEEA Exam by ICAR
  • Selection: Merit of AIEEA by ICAR + Counseling
INR 15,500
PhD
  • Eligibility: Candidates must have MVSc with at least 65% marks (55% for SC/ST) in aggregate. + Entrance Exam by IVRI
  • Selection: Entrance Exam by IVRI + Counseling
INR 15,900

IVRI Bareilly Cut Off

The below table shows the Cutoff for the year 2020 for admissions:

Category Exam UR OBC SC ST
BVSc NEET 20235 24943 121692 116801
MVSc AIEEA 350 320 300 250
PhD University 50% 48% 45% 45%

IVRI Bareilly Placement

IVRI has a placement cell and being the prestigious institute in the field of veterinary sciences the students get good offers easily.

Most students have an opportunity to get government jobs in their respective states after completion of the study.

IVRI Bareilly Scholarships

  • National Talent Scholarship by ICAR is available to students of UG at INR 2000/month and PG programs at INR 3000/month.
  • Institute Fellowship to Postgraduate students.
  • Institute Fellowship to Doctoral students.
  • Post Graduate Students eligible for ICAR-PG and ICAR-JRF scholarship.
  • ICAR-SRF to Doctoral students admitted through the ICAR exam.

IVRI Bareilly FAQ’s

Ques. What is the seat intake capacity for the B.V.Sc program at IVRI?

Last updated on July 7th, 2021

Ans. IVRI intakes 24 students for the B.V.Sc program. 21 seats are filled by IVRI and the remaining 3 by the Veterinary Council of India (VCI).

Ques. What is the duration of the IVRI B.V.Sc program?

Last updated on July 7th, 2021

Ans. IVRI BVSc program has a duration of 5.5 years.

Ques. Is there a separate exam for admission to PhD?

Last updated on July 7th, 2021

Ans. 75% of seats for Doctoral Programmes are filled on the basis of all India Entrance Examination conducted by the Institute and the remaining 25% seats will be filled-up on the basis of AICE-SRF conducted by Education Division, ICAR, New Delhi.

Ques. Can only the domicile of UP apply for the IVRI BVSc program?

Last updated on July 7th, 2021

Ans. IVRI BVSc program is open for all Indian Nationals who fit the eligibility criteria required for the course.


Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *