Last updated on April 22nd, 2021 at 03:31 pm
Indian Institute of Technology Jammu, established in 2016, is one of the recently started 3rd phase IITs. The institute has three departments of Engineering in total and offers courses at UG, PG, and Doctoral level.
Admission to the courses are entrance-based. B.Tech admissions are provided based on JEE Advanced, M.tech and PhD admissions are given based on GATE scores. The qualifying cutoff for the B.Tech program is 14385 for the B.Tech chemical engineering and 518 for CSE.
Applications to IIT Jammu are invited in Online as well as Offline modes. The application fee for General/ Gen-EWS/ OBC category is INT 1000/-, and for SC/ ST/ PWD is INR 500/-.
Graduates and Postgraduates from IIT Jammu are placed in companies like Amazon, Topper, L & T, ISRO, Cognizant, Eagle view, Indian Air Force, Relsafe, and Optum. Over 70 companies have visited the campus offering an average salary package of INR 12 LPA and the highest package of INR 40 LPA.
IIT Jammu Admission Updates
- For the B.Tech admissions, JEE Mains April session (Phase III) is from April 27 – April 30, 2021. Admit cards will be issued in the 3rd week of April.
- For B.Tech admissions, JEE Advanced will be conducted on July 3, 021. Candidates can apply for JEE Advanced by the 1st week of June.
IIT Jammu Courses Offered
IIT Jammu Admissions
IIT Jammu provides through the national level entrance exams.
- B.Tech admission is based on the score obtained in JEE Advanced.
- M.tech is based on the GATE score followed by the written test and interview.
- PhD seats are allocated based on the GATE score.
How to Apply?
- Visit the official website of the institution.
- Click on the apply now button.
- Enter the required details like name, communication details, academic details, and so on
- Upload the scanned copies of some of the documents
- Upload the photo and signature of the candidate
- Pay the application fee online
- Take the printout of the application form for future reference
- Hit on the submit button to complete the registration process
IIT Jammu B.Tech Cutoff
|B.tech Departments||General Category Cutoff|
|Opening – Round 1||Closing – Round 6|
|Computer Science and Engineering||943||1397|
|Materials Science and Engineering||2654||3007|
IIT Jammu Placement
IIT Jammu has a separate placement cell for the students. It is fully committed to helping the students to achieve their goals and choose their right path. This institute aims to bridge the gap between the institute and the companies. It has been successful in placing the students in reputed companies and offering the internship for the students.
70+ companies have visited the campus in total and hire students with an average salary package of 12 lakh per annum and the highest salary package of 40 lakhs per annum.
Some of the top reputed companies that visited the IIT are Amazon, Topper, L & T, ISRO, Cognizant, Eagle view, Indian Air Force, Relsafe, and Optum.
IIT Jammu Scholarship
Scholarships details at IIT Jammu are as follows:
- Students’ stipend in the first two years of degree is INR 31,000 per month.
- The student’s stipend in the senior PhD is INR 35,000 per month
- The PhD student’s stipend/scholarship shall be granted by MHRD.
- All the scholarships are approved only if the certificate is signed by the authorized person.
IIT Jammu Facilities
- Hostel: They provide accommodation for both boys and girls. Inside the hostel, all the facilities are provided for the students like laundry centers, 24 hours WiFi connection, common room, a well-equipped gym, and so on.
- Library: The library in IIT Jammu contains 2000 books, 25 CDs, and digital resources like the national digital library, world ebook library, south Asia archive. The library is accessible to students, faculty, and academic research purposes.
- Health center: IIT contains the medical center inside the campus in case of any emergencies. All the cases are attended on the students’ side.
- Sports: There is a big playground on the campus. All indoor and outdoor games are available there. All the students are encouraged to participate in all the events of sports.
- Laboratories: As per their subjects all types of labs are there and maintained by the lab charges. It is fully equipped with modern amenities which are easily handled by the students.
- Cafeteria: It is for the refreshment of students and staff members. All foods and snacks are hygiene and are of good quality. Affordable for all of them as per the budget.
IIT Jammu Faculty
IIT Jammu has around 83 regular faculty members consisting largely of PhD holders who are highly qualified and dedicated. All are very accomplished and expertise in their respective field. This institute also receives faculty support from the national institute of technology Delhi. IIT Jammu currently has a professor, assistant professor, and associate professor.
- Regular Faculty: 83
- Visiting Faculty: 14
IIT Jammu FAQs
Last updated on April 22nd, 2021 at 02:39 pm
Ans. The address of IIT Jammu is:
Indian Institute of Technology,
Jagti, NH-44 PO Nagrota,
Jammu – 181221,
Jammu and Kashmir, India.
Last updated on April 22nd, 2021 at 02:40 pm
Ans. No, IIT Jammu does not offer an MBA program. It offers 3 programs i.r. B.Tech., M.Tech, and Ph.D. in 10 departments of Engineering stream.
Last updated on April 22nd, 2021 at 02:41 pm
Ans. No, IIT Jammu doesn’t provide any financial assistance to B.tech students. However, it provided stipend and scholarships to Ph.D. candidates.
Last updated on April 22nd, 2021 at 02:42 pm
Ans. IIt Jammu does not follow any refund policy. No amount will be refunded in case you are unable to complete M.Tech or any other degree.
Last updated on April 22nd, 2021 at 02:44 pm
Ans. Jammu is as safe as other cities in north India. For safety purposes, they provide ex-army man services to the campus 24×7
Last updated on April 22nd, 2021 at 02:46 pm
Ans. IIT Jammu provides many scholarship schemes for merit students. They didn’t give any educational loan through the management but they provided support to get the loan from the outside banks.
Last updated on April 22nd, 2021 at 02:47 pm
Ans. For the payment of the fee, the students should either use net banking or use debit card/credit card facilities available at the institute.