Last updated on July 22nd, 2021 by Nikita Joshi
The Indian Institute of Management [IIMK], Kozhikode, Kerala is a premier Business School that was founded in 1996, as the 5th IIM of the country. It holds the 6th Position among the Best Institute under the Management Category of NIRF Rankings in 2020. It has also made its debut at rank 15+ in Asia for its EMBA program as per the latest QS World University Rankings.
IIMK offers several PG Programs in management along with executive and research programs. It also offers PGP in Business Leadership or Finance, PGPEx, MDP, FDP and PhD in Management. The admission is done based on the EMAT exam and it also considers CAT, GMAT, GRE, UGC NET scores. A valid CAT score which is more than 85 Percentile is required for selection.
IIM Kozhikode Provides its Students and staffs opportunity for the International Exchange program with several leading Management Institutes in EU and ASEAN countries like SDA, Bacconi, Jonkoping, Sweden, Denmark, ESCAP-EAP, France, Copenhagen Business School, University of Queensland, Austria, Victoria University of Wellington among others. The Executive Post Graduate Program is accredited by AMBA. As a part of the Singh-Obama Knowledge Initiative, IIMK signed an MOU with Yale University to establish a Center of Excellence for Academic Leadership. It also offers the first distance learning program in management in Asia for working executives.
IIM Kozhikode Quick Facts
IIMK is The first institution to commence a technology-enabled and interactive online executive education program which has been running since 2001.
- IIMK has been running the Laboratory for Innovation, Venturing and Entrepreneurship (LIVE) since 2016. It promotes innovation, new business venturing and entrepreneurship.
- IIMK offers the first distance learning program in management in Asia for working executives.
IIM Kozhikode Rankings
- Ranked 6th for Management Education by NIRF 2020.
- Ranked 5th among All IIMs by NIRF 2020.
- Ranked 7th in All India B-School Ranking 2019 by India Today.
- Ranked in the 101+ rank criteria in the Asia Pacific Region in QS Business Masters Ranking 2021.
IIM Kozhikode Courses & Fees
IIM Kozhikode offers a two-year Post-graduate program in Management and 5 Years Doctoral programs in Various Specialization. It also offers PGP-Finance, PGP-LSM and PGP BL Courses.
||CAT, GMAT, GRE, UGC NET, IIMB Test scores|
||CAT/ GRE/ GMAT|
||CAT/ GRE/ GMAT|
||CAT/ GMAT/ GRE/ (EMAT)|
||GMAT/ GRE/ CAT|
IIM Kozhikode Cutoff
All candidates who fulfil the minimum eligibility criteria Can Apply for Admission at IIMK. The following table mentions CAT Category Wise Qualifying Cutoffs for IIM Kozhikode Admission 2021:-
|Category||Section-1 VARC||Section-2 DILR||Section-3 Quant||Overall|
IIM Kozhikode Placements
- IIM Kozhikode has a 100% placement record for the Last Batch.
- 131 Companies Visited Campus for Placement Drive, a 22.4% increase as compared to last year.
- The Placement Drive has a 12% and 12.4 % increase in the mean and median salary Respectively from last year.
- The mean salary offered to Students is INR 23.08 LPA while the median is INR 20.8 LPA.
- The top 50% of Students have an average CTC of 26.69 LPA, which is a 12.5% increase from last year.
- Top Recruiters include Cisco, Citrix, JDA, Microsoft, Myntra, VMware and Wipro, Amazon, Flipkart, Ninjacart, Uber, ABFRL, Asian Paints, Bajaj Auto, GE Healthcare, HUL, Lenovo, Maruti, Philips, Pidilite, Samsung, Sony Pictures, TATA Sky etc.
IIM Kozhikode Scholarships
IIMK provides Scholarships to deserving and meritorious students. Following are the scholarships available at IIMK for Deserving Students:
|Name of The Scholarship||Who Can Avail|
|OP Jindal Scholarship (OPJEMS)||This Scholarship is awarded by OP Jindal Group. INR 1.50 Lacs is Awarded to One student of each academic year. Also, the top 10 students of the first year are eligible to apply|
|Aditya Birla Scholarship||This Scholarship is awarded By Aditya Birla Group and INR 1.75 Lacs (per student) is Awarded to Top 25% of students of the 1st year PGP program.|
|IIMK Merit Scholarship||This Scholarship is Awarded by IIMK to Top 5% of second-year students|
|Merit-cum-Means Scholarship||This Scholarship is awarded by the Government of India to those Students whose parental income is less than INR 2 Lacs (as per the previous financial year)|
|Charpak Scholarship||The scholarship is given based on academic excellence for students going on exchange programs. The scholarship amount of Around INR 50,000 Per Month is provided to Students.|
How to avail?
Application forms for the scholarships are available at the IIMK administration office. Students must apply before time for these Scholarships and Should keep a Check on Notices Published by the Institute