Last updated on October 17th, 2020 at 03:56 pm
Indian Institute of Technology Tirupati (IIT Tirupati) is one of the most recent IITs established in India. Being the best engineering institutes of India, IITs are popular and are widely sought after by the young aspirants. Launched in 2015 at Andhra Pradesh, IIT Tirupati is flourishing under the mentorship of the renowned IIT Madras.
- IIT Tirupati offers several courses at undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral studies. Students have wide choices in science, engineering and humanities fields for different programs like B.Tech, M.Tech, PhD, M.Sc and MS.
- The B.Tech Programme at this institute includes five specialisations with 180 seats in total.
- The institute recorded the highest package in its first round of placement at 22 LPA.
- The admissions to B.Tech specialisations at IIT Tirupati is taken place by conducting nation-wide entrance examination JEE Advanced.
- IIT Tirupati is a new, yet prospering addition to the array of India’s top engineering colleges.
IIT Tirupati – Highlights
|Name of Institute||Indian Institute of Technology, Tirupati OR IIT Tirupati|
|Type of Programs||B.Tech, M.Tech, PhD, M.Sc, MS|
|Admission Criteria||JEE, GATE, JAM|
IIT Tirupati B.Tech Admissions through JEE Advanced
IIT Tirupati B.Tech Admission are offered on the basis of 12th board results and qualification in both JEE Main and JEE Advanced. The eligibility to appear for JEE Advanced includes clearing JEE Main. Candidates who have qualified in both of IIT-JEE can seek admission to different IITs according to their ranks.
Eligibility Criteria for IIT Tirupati
Students are required to score 75% in 10+2 examinations with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as their primary subjects. Admission will be done on the basis of JEE Advanced Scores.
- IIT Delhi: Cut Off 2019, Admissions via JEE Advanced and more
- NIT Durgapur: Admissions via JEE Main, Cut Off and More
Admission Process for IIT Tirupati
Students applying for admission in IIT Tirupati must go through the following process.
- Firstly, students need to appear for JEE Main, provided they have fulfilled the JEE Main Eligibility Criteria.
- On securing adequate JEE Main Ranks, they need to appear for JEE Advanced and get a required cut off for various courses in the institute.
- Thereafter, they are required to register for JoSAA counselling.
IIT Tirupati: Various B.Tech Courses offered
Tech courses are offered for a period of 4 years. These courses are designed with the motive of grooming and nurturing the candidates to inculcate qualities such as teamwork, innovation, skills and ethics. A student can pursue B.Tech in the following disciplines.
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Advantages of Pursuing Dual Degree (B.Tech + M.Tech) in IIT Kharagpur
- Dual degrees Programs Offered at IIT Bombay
IIT Tirupati Cut off for Top Courses
The admissions to B.Tech programs at IIT Tirupati is completely carried out by JEE Advanced merit list. For candidates who belong to certain minority categories, a fixed weightage has been laid out when considering the JEE ranks. The cut off ranks vary for each course every year according to the total number of students who appeared for the JEE Advanced examination.
|Computer Science & Engineering||2741 – 3367||4586 – 5557|
|Electrical Engineering||3574 – 6394||8525 – 9630|
|Mechanical Engineering||4873 – 7512||12387 – 13492|
|Civil Engineering||8473 – 9336||12580 – 15193|
|Chemical Engineering||8615 – 9405||14551 – 15275|
Study at IIT Tirupati during COVID-19
- Amidst the situation created by the global pandemic COVID-19, IIT Tirupati students have been receiving the best guidance and support.
- The COVID-19 related game developed by the students of IIT Tirupati had made it into the headlines of top national dailies for all its worth.
- Along with all other educational institutions and fellow IITs, Indian Institute of Technology Tirupati also has switched up to online classes and assistance to its students to help them to have a fruitful learning experience during these challenging times.
- The admission of 2020-21 is on hold due to the delay in conducting JEE exams in this pandemic situation.
- Candidates who seek admission to IITs are advised to stay in touch with official websites and other informative platforms for latest updates regarding 2020-21 admission.
- JEE Advanced Cut Off for IIT Dharwad in Detail
- How is NIT Silchar Fighting the Pandemic of COVID-19?
Why Choose Indian Institute of Technology Tirupati?
- IIT Tirupati, a new and enthusiastic establishment in the third phase of launching IITs across India, is on its path to excellence.
- Even with a transit campus, IT Tirupati ensures the best facilities for students at the college.
- IITs without any doubt, are the prestigious institutions to which every student dreams of getting admission.
- Still, in its early stage, IIT Tirupati incorporates ultra-modern infrastructure and vibrant staff support to its students.
- The freshly graduated foundation batches of IIT Tirupati have made it into some of the top firms with attractive salary packages.
- IIT Tirupati also receives a supportive mentorship from IIT Madras, which makes it a befitting choice for IIT aspirants.
IIT Tirupati – JEE Advanced Cut-off for B.Tech Specialisations
IIT Tirupati cut off for all the different B. Tech courses offered at IIT Tirupati varies each year. The cut off depends upon the category of the candidate and the number of candidates appeared for JEE Advanced. IITs are generally known for high-rank cut-offs.
Candidates can review their answers to get an approximate idea of the ranks they might achieve and do a comparison to check the availability of seats for their desired B.Tech programme
Last year JEE Advanced cut off (7th round) for B.Tech admission to IIT Tirupati are tabulated below.
Computer Science and Engineering
Latest News Updates
- JEE Main 2021: Mr Ramesh Pokhriyal Directs NTA to Draft a Fresh Syllabus
- JEE Main 2021 Delayed Till February, JEE Advanced 2021 Syllabus Being Reviewed
- JAC Delhi 2020 Counselling: Seat Allotment Result For Round 3 Declared
- IIT Kharagpur Will Conduct JEE Advanced 2021
- CSAB 2020 Special Rounds Counselling Schedule Released
IIT Tirupati: Reservation through JEE Advanced
Candidates belonging to minority categories, female candidates, differently-abled candidates and defence quota candidates are eligible for JEE Advanced Reservation. There is a 20% supernumerary reservation for female candidates for every course. This policy was introduced for improving gender balance in IIT programmes. It will be in action from 2020. The defence quota is reserved for candidates whose parents are or were in the defence.
The reservation percentage for different categories of students is tabulated below.
|Category||Reservation Of Seats (In Percentage)|
|PwD (40% or more disability within every category)||5%|
Faculty at IIT Tirupati
- The faculties at Indian Institute of Technology Tirupati are doctoral degree holders, graduated mostly from first-generation IITs.
- The in-depth knowledge and friendly nature of the professors at IIT Tirupati make it approachable and supportive for the students.
- From the words of alumni, there is constant guidance and tracking of students’ performance by faculties of each department which helps in the learning process.
- The highly talented teaching folk of every department helps in overcoming the hurdles of a third-generation IIT like Indian Institute of Technology Tirupati.
- It also has a number of talented guest faculties for all the departments who often conduct classes for the students for extra guidance and refreshed perspective.
Various Facilities Offered at IIT Tirupati
IIT Tirupati currently works in a transit campus. The campus provides all facilities for the students including accommodation. It is also easy to reach through any modes of transportation as the site of the campus is at a central spot.
- The site for the permanent campus has already been occupied and is under construction.
- The temporary campus on-site has hostels for male students and academic infrastructures like labs and classrooms. The accommodation for girl students is at the transit campus.
- Other facilities like food and recreation have also been taken care of, even though in its developing stage.
- Various tech fests, clubs, and other activities for students are organized and students get an opportunity for collective progress.
- The campus is well-facilitated and provides the right academic environment for the students. Campus perimeter has access to the centralized WiFi system to keep inmates connected with the digital world.
- Indoor and outdoor sports facilities, spacious auditorium, waiting rooms for faculties and staff, virtual classrooms etc. are well-structured and fully functional at IIT Tirupati campus.
- The structure of the campus is adapted for the use of differently-abled candidates. Every facility is provided with easy and self-sufficient access considering such students.
- IIT Tirupati Placement support and guidance is also offered for graduate students and internship opportunities for students who are pursuing different B.Tech specialisations.
IIT Tirupati Placement Reports
- IIT Tirupati, one of the youngest IITs in the line, had produced its first batch of graduating students in 2019.
- As per the IIT Tirupati recruitment report, some of the top recruiters of 2019 include EXL, Intel, Flipkart, JP Morgan, Qualcomm, Oyo, IISc, Amazon etc.
- Out of the students who graduated in different B. Tech specializations, more than 75% of students made it into top posts in different companies through campus selection.
IIT Tirupati Recruitment Highlights 2019
|Number of Companies Attended||43|
|Number of Graduated Students||91|
|Number of Students Placed||70|
|Number of Students selected for Summer Internship||113|
|Highest Salary Package||INR 22 LPA|
|Average Salary Package||INR 9.18 LPA|
- Why does NIT Rourkela have a 100% placement record?
- Placement Records and Top Recruiters at NIT Nagpur
IIT Tirupati Fee Structure for B.Tech Courses
It has a considerate fee structure when compared to engineering colleges in the private sector. Since IIT is an autonomous government institution, the fee structure is adapted to not put a burden on the dreams of aspirants.
The recent year’s IIT Tirupati fee structure for B.Tech courses is mentioned below;
|One Time Fees (during admission)||INR 4,050|
|Tuition Fee (per semester)||INR 1,00,000|
|Other semester fees||INR 2,650|
|Deposits (refundable)||INR 2,000|
|Hostel and Mess Fee||INR 27000|
Students who belong to minority categories are eligible for partial fee waivers. Candidates can check the official website of IIT Tirupati for more details.
|Particulars||Tuition Fee Waived off|
|Income below 1 lakh||100%|
|Income between 1 lakh and 5 lakh||2/3rd of the tuition fee|
Scholarships Provided at IIT Tirupati
- It offers several merit-cum-means based scholarships to its B.Tech and PhD students.
- Students belonging to SC and ST category are also eligible for scholarship provided that their parental income is 4.5 lakhs. They are also required to maintain a consistent GPA of 5 in the passed subjects.
- The applications for scholarships are done through IITs itself for each academic year.
- Students can also avail national scholarships and study aids, provided they fulfil the required eligibility criteria.
- The scholarships provided by the Indian Institute of Technology Tirupati is helpful and encouraging for its scholars who excel in their fields of study.
IIT Tirupati FAQs
Ans. No, admission of foreign nationals for courses offered at any IITs including IIT Tirupati is done through direct JEE Advanced entrance. The reservation categories mentioned in the seat matrix are not applicable to foreign students. The admission of foreign students in a different category is supernumerary.
Ans. IIT Tirupati currently operates in a transit campus at the site occupied for a permanent campus. The transit campus is well-facilitated and the construction of the permanent campus is being undertaken parallel to normal operations. It is also located at an easy-to-reach place by flight, road or railway.
Ans. IIT Tirupati offers placement support and aid in securing internships for its students. The foundation batch of IIT Tirupati graduated in 2019 and have a decent placement record. Considering IIT Tirupati was only established recently, this is an excellent start for its journey to popularity.