Last updated on November 11th, 2020 at 03:26 pm
IIT Ropar Placements for the B.Tech graduating batch of 2020 have been concluded recently. Students have made remarkable achievements in the placement drives this year.
- Out of 113 candidates, Around 100 students were recruited in 2019-20. Students in Computer Science Engineering have grabbed the maximum number of offers.
- The average salary package offered was over INR 15 LPA which has increased from the previous year.
- IIT Ropar placements rate was reported to be at 85%, slightly higher than 2018-19 (82%) record but has decreased dramatically in contrast to the highest recorded placement in 2017-18 (90.2%).
- B.Tech in Civil Engineering started from 2016-17, which was integrated into the 2020 placements for the first time, exhibiting a good 63% placements.
The visiting companies included some of the biggest players in the global market like Amazon, Google, Microsoft, Deloitte, etc. and some Indian PSUs such as ONGC, Indian Oil, Hindustan Petroleum, Coal India Limited and more. Around 120 Summer internships were offered to students for a period of at least two months.
- IIITDM Jabalpur Cut Off: JEE Main Opening and Closing Ranks
- GKV Haridwar Cut Off: JEE Main Opening & Closing Ranks
IIT Ropar Placements Highlights
|Total companies participated||95|
|Students registered for placement||113|
|Total students recruited||99|
|Average CTC||15 LPA|
|Total number of internships offered||120|
- NIT Surathkal Fee Structure for B.Tech Admissions 2020-21
- NIT Durgapur Cut Off: JEE Main Opening and Closing Ranks
IIT Ropar Placements Statistics
|B. Tech Program||Number of students registered||Number of students placed||Placement Percentage|
|Computer Science Engineering||40||39||97.5%|
- NIT Silchar: Admission Process via JEE Main, Cut Off, Scholarships and More
- NIT Rourkela Fee Structure for B.Tech Admissions 2020-21
IIT Ropar Placements Statistics – Department wise
- IIIT Guwahati Cut Off for JEE Main
- IIIT Naya Raipur: Admission through JEE Main, Cut Off, Fee Structure, Placements and More
IIT Ropar Placements: List of Top Companies
In 2019-20, 95 companies actively participated in the IIT Ropar Placement Drives. This is the highest number of participating corporates over the last three years. Graduates were offered with decent salary packages in these organizations, some of which has been enlisted below,
|Goldman Sachs||Bharat Electronics Limited|
|IOL Chemicals||Larsen & Tubro|
|Maruti Suzuki||Hindustan Petroleum|
|Samsung R&D Institute||Quality Control of India|
- J.K. Institute of Applied Physics and Technology Allahabad: B.Tech Admissions via JEE Main, Cut Off, and More
- CIT Kokrajhar: B.Tech Admissions via JEE Main, Cut Off, and Scholarships
Latest News Updates
- JEE Main 2021: Mr Ramesh Pokhriyal Directs NTA to Draft a Fresh Syllabus
- JEE Main 2021 Delayed Till February, JEE Advanced 2021 Syllabus Being Reviewed
- JAC Delhi 2020 Counselling: Seat Allotment Result For Round 3 Declared
- IIT Kharagpur Will Conduct JEE Advanced 2021
- CSAB 2020 Special Rounds Counselling Schedule Released
IIT Ropar Summer Internship Programs
IIT Ropar encourages its students to enroll for IIT Ropar summer internship programs, wherein students get to indulge in real life industrial training. These programs are very effective for the students as it gives them the proper know-how of working in the industry.
- Every student in their pre-final year of B.Tech program has to register themselves with the Training and Placement Cell to be able to apply for an IIT Ropar internship.
- After registering, students can make as many applications as they are willing to, until they are offered one.
- Accepting or declining an offer completely depends on the student, but he/she must revert back to the recruiter within 14 days of the offer being made.
- Students are free to apply for internships in companies visiting the institute or on their own reference.
IIT Ropar internship generally lasts for more than 5 weeks and extends up to at least 8 weeks. The candidate must intern for the stipulated time with full commitment.
- IIT Madras Fee Structure For B.Tech Admissions 2020-21
- NIT Calicut Admissions via JEE Main, Cut-Offs, Fees and More
IIT Ropar Internship Statistics over the years
Students applying for IIT Ropar internships are offered opportunities in the industrial sector as well as academic segment wherein candidates can intern as assistants under professors. Many internship offers are made from organizations or institutes headquartered abroad, for example, universities in Taiwan, Japan, Hong Kong and the like. Some of the IIT Ropar recruiters that offered internships to the students of IIT Ropar are Tesco, Microsoft, Goldman Sachs, Indian Oil Corporation Ltd., ONGC, etc.
|Computer Science Engineering||39||38||45|
|Dual Mechanical Engineering||–||–||8|
|Total number of internships||105||106||120|
- IIIT Hyderabad: Admission via JEE Main, Cut Off, Fee Structure and More
- IIITs in India: NIRF Ranking, Courses, Fees and More
IIT Ropar Placements and Internships FAQs
Last updated on November 11th, 2020 at 01:03 pm
Ans. IIT Ropar and Patna had been established in the same year while Gandhinagar is much younger than the two. In 2020, students of IIT Gandhinagar received an average package of 8.29 LPA. On the other hand IIT Patna and Ropar have done better with an average of 14.76 LPA and INR 15 LPA respectively. As a matter of fact, all three IITs have portrayed a placement percentage of more than 80%. To be more specific, IIT Ropar has a higher rate of placement compared to the other two. So, IIT Ropar is a very good option to go for with respect to its placement statistics.
Last updated on November 11th, 2020 at 01:04 pm
Ans. The Training and Placement Cell under the Career Development & Corporate Relations Centre at IIT Ropar conducts various workshops and training programs to help candidates with their placements. The T&P team is always available to help the students.
Last updated on November 11th, 2020 at 01:06 pm
Ans. Yes. Chemical Engineering has recently been started by IIT Ropar from the academic year 2017-18. The batch will be graduating and will be placed in the year 2021.