Last updated on November 19th, 2020 at 12:19 pm
IIT Roorkee Placements statistics has been released by the institute for the batch 2019-2020. The institute has an excellent placement record over the past few years.
- IIT Roorkee placements has achieved a rare feat as three of it’s B.Tech students bagged job offers of INR 1.54 CPA (crores per annum) from an American MNC. The students got placed in an international firm.
- Amongst the IIT Roorkee recruiters, the highest package offered to an IIT Roorkee student is INR 62.28 LPA.
- IIT Roorkee placements witnessed some excellent recruitments from different sectors including software and data profiles, core engineering profiles, database management etc. The dual degree holders have secured a majority of jobs as compared to the B.Tech students.
- The top companies that visited IIT Roorkee recruitment process are Samsung, Microsoft, Infosys, JP Morgan, Uber etc.
IIT Roorkee Placements Highlights 2020
|Total Numbers of Students registered||1364|
|Total Numbers of Jobs Offered||803|
|Total Numbers of Companies Participated||139|
|Total International Offers||13|
|Highest International Package||INR 1.5 CPA|
|Highest Domestic Package||INR 47 LPA|
|Total Number of Internships Offered||65|
- University of Hyderabad Cut Off: JEE Main Opening and Closing Ranks
- PEC Pondicherry: Admissions via JEE Main, Fees, Cut-Offs and more
IIT Roorkee Placements Statistics
|Program||Number of Students Registered||Number of students got placed|
- IIITDM Jabalpur Cut Off: JEE Main Opening and Closing Ranks
- GKV Haridwar Cut Off: JEE Main Opening & Closing Ranks
Top IIT Roorkee Recruitments – Department wise
IIT Roorkee placements provide excellent opportunities to the students especially for Computer Science and Engineering, Electronics and Communications Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Departments.
|Department||Total % of students placed|
|Computer Science and Engineering||110|
|Electronics and Communications Engineering||110|
|Production and Industrial Engineering||96|
|Metallurgical and Materials Engineering||80|
|Polymer Science and Technology||35|
- IIIT Allahabad: Admission through JEE Main, Cut Off, Fee Structure, Courses and More
- IIIT Lucknow Cut Off for JEE Main
List of Top Companies at IIT Roorkee
IIT Roorkee is well known for its highest placement percentage recorded amongst all IITs.More than 320 companies visited IIT Roorkee this year. Here is the list of top IIT Roorkee recruiters:
- Tata Consultancy Services
- Tata Steel
- JP Morgan Chase & Co.
- Uber India Systems Private Limited
- ZS Associates India Pvt Limited
- Reliance Industries Limited
- Oyo Rooms
- Goldman Sachs
- DE Shaw
- IIT Madras Fee Structure For B.Tech Admissions 2020-21
- NIT Calicut Admissions via JEE Main, Cut-Offs, Fees and More
Latest News Updates
- JEE Main 2021: Mr Ramesh Pokhriyal Directs NTA to Draft a Fresh Syllabus
- JEE Main 2021 Delayed Till February, JEE Advanced 2021 Syllabus Being Reviewed
- JAC Delhi 2020 Counselling: Seat Allotment Result For Round 3 Declared
- IIT Kharagpur Will Conduct JEE Advanced 2021
- CSAB 2020 Special Rounds Counselling Schedule Released
IIT Roorkee Summer Internship
IIT Roorkee Summer Internship Program “SPARK” is organized every year. This program provides research exposure to interested undergraduate students of IITR. To attract and nurture talented undergraduate students of other institutes, this internship program is organized. Some of these students may then choose to apply for postgraduate or doctoral degrees at IITR.
Eligibility Criteria for “SPARK”:
Students who are enrolled and have completed at least two semesters of the undergraduate degree (B.E /B.TECH/B.ARCH/M.SC) in a relevant discipline from any institute in India can apply for the IIT Roorkee internship program.
Following minimum CGPA criteria will apply:
- CGPA>7.5 for IITs and IISC
- CGPA>8.0 for NITs/IISERs/NISER/IIEST/UM-DAECBS
- CGPA>8.5 for students of other institutes
After the successful completion of the IIT Roorkee internship, a certificate from the institute will be issued at the name of the intern.
- NIT Manipur: Admission Process via JEE Main, Cut Off, and more
- IIT Roorkee Fee Structure For B.Tech Admission 2020-21
IIT Roorkee Internship Statistics over the years
Approximately, the institute offers 550 Internships to its students. IIT Roorkee recruiters that offer Internship are Microsoft, JP Morgan, Tata Motors, Tata Steel, Maruti Suzuki, Indian Railways, Thermal Power Plants. The minimum stipend offered to the interns is INR 15,000 per month.
|Year||Students Applied||Internships Offered|
- IIIT Guwahati Cut Off for JEE Main
- IIIT Naya Raipur: Admission through JEE Main, Cut Off, Fee Structure, Placements and More
IIT Roorkee Placements and Internships FAQs
Last updated on November 12th, 2020 at 05:30 pm
Ans. IIT Roorkee does not have any fees associated with the placement process.
Last updated on November 12th, 2020 at 05:31 pm
Ans. The IIT Roorkee recruitment session starts every year in the first week of December and the PPT’s can be held anytime between August and November.
Last updated on November 12th, 2020 at 05:32 pm
Ans. In the last academic year(2018-2019), the average salary offered is 17-18 lakhs per annum to the UG students. And for PG students it is near about 5-8 lakhs per annum.
Last updated on November 12th, 2020 at 05:33 pm
Ans. From the above mentioned table, you can see that the Computer Science and Engineering Department, Electronics and Communications Engineering has the best placement scenario.But Mechanical Engineering Department and Electrical Engineering Department has also very good placement statistics.
Last updated on November 12th, 2020 at 05:34 pm
Ans. Computer Science and Engineering Department students were offered the best salary package in this academic year.