Last updated on November 2nd, 2020
IIT Roorkee Fee Structure is similar to that of other IITs. As compared to Private Institutes, fee of IIT is very nominal and can be afforded.
- The total fee for each semester as per IIT Roorkee Fee Structure is INR 1,46,000 for every semester for General and OBC students.
- Students belonging to reserved categories such as SC/ST avail some benefits with respect to tuition fees.
- Some of the fees are one time only, and rest are taken on semester wise. Mess, Hostel and other fees are charged upon those students only who avail these facilities. Fees for Library and other general benefits is charged on every student.
Also Check IIT Roorkee: JEE Advanced 2019 Cut Off
IIT Roorkee Fee Structure 2020: Highlights
|Institute Name||IIT Roorkee|
|Total Semester Fees (B.Tech)||INR 1,46,000|
|Admissions via||JoSAA Counselling|
- NIT Rourkela Cut Off 2019: JEE Main Opening and Closing Ranks
- NIT Silchar: Admission via JEE Main, Courses, Fee Structure, Cut Off and More
IIT Roorkee Fee Structure 2020-21 (B.Tech)
Fee structure for each semester is provided in the given table. IIT Roorkee has a semester wise fee of around INR 1,46,500 with minor variation in different semesters.
|Description||Semester 1 (in INR)||Semester 2 (in INR)||Semester 3 (in INR)||Semester 4 (in INR)|
|Technology Film Society||NA||NA||NA||NA|
|Hostel Seat Rent||2500||2500||2500||2500|
|Electricity & Water Charges||2500||2500||2500||2500|
|Mess Establishment Charges||9000||9000||9000||9000|
|Total of Semester Fee (A)||1,18,600||1,18,600||1,18,600||1,18,600|
|Total of Refundable Fee (B)||3000||0||0||0|
|Course of Study||100||0||0||0|
|Mess Admission Fee||4000||0||0||0|
|Total of One Time Fee (C)||4700||0||0||0|
|Hall Establishment Charge||NA||NA||NA||NA|
|Hostel Overhead Charge||NA||NA||NA||NA|
|Total of Hall Fees (D)||110000||9000||9000||9000|
|Total Fees (A + B + C + D)||1,37,780||1,27,600||1,29,080||1,27,600|
Note: There are some one-time charges that have to be paid only once, and other fees that are charged in each semester. Fees for facilities like Hostel, Mess, etc. is charged only on the students availing these facilities.
IIT Roorkee Fee Structure for International Students
IIT Roorkee also gives admission to International Students with slight modifications in their fee structure. The following table indicates their total Fees.
IIT Roorkee Fee Structure: Scholarships and Waivers
IIT Roorkee provides scholarships and fee waivers to some of its meritorious and needy students. Mainly two scholarships are being provided currently in IIT Roorkee.
James Thompson Scholarship
- This scholarship is extended to the students who are one of the top JEE (Advanced) Rankers having up to All India Rank 250 in JEE (Advanced) 2020.
- They will receive ₹ 25000 per month for the entire duration of the programme.
- They are expected to maintain a minimum of CGPA 8.0 at the end of each academic year.
- JEE Main Cut off for B. Tech Specialization at NIT Jamshedpur
- How is NIT Jalandhar Dealing With COVID-19 Situation?
How to pay IIT Roorkee Fees?
Students can pay IIT Roorkee Fee online using the official fee portal offered by them. Below are given the steps for fee payment:
Mode of Payment
- Payment to IIT Roorkee can be made online through the following portals.
- IIT Roorkee Payment Gateway
- SBI Payment Portal
- PAYTM (No Transaction Charges)
- PNB Payment Portal
One can follow the given steps to make payments to IIT Roorkee.
- Open the official website of IIT Roorkee.
- On the bottom of the page, there is a menu named “Fund Transfer”, click on ‘Online Fee Deposit’ in that menu.
- Payment Page will appear.
- Choose the portal/gateway through which you want to make the payment.
- Portal / Gateway page will appear.
- Read and accept the terms and conditions, and move forward to make the payment.
- Enter all the payment details, bank account details, student details, and other information carefully in the prescribed space, and continue.
- Confirm your payment by entering OTP received.
- A message will be displayed when payment is successfully completed.
- In case of any failure/query, you can write a mail to [email protected]
Note: You can also directly credit the fee to the following account given below:
For all B.Tech Students
|Name of Bank||State Bank of India|
|Name of Beneficiary||IIT Roorkee|
Latest JEE Main News
- JEE Advanced 2021: New Guidelines Released, Qualified Candidates Of Last Year Can Appear Without JEE Main 2021
- Integrated B.Tech Course - What is it and Where To Pursue it?
- AICTE Says PCM Not Mandatory For Engineering: Boon or Bane?
- Dr Ramesh Pokhriyal Announces JEE Advanced 2021 For 3rd July, 75% Criteria Removed
Instructions for IIT Roorkee Fees Payment
- Students who belong to reserved categories such as SC / ST / PwD category are exempted from the payment of any Tuition Fees.
- Students must take a print out of the e-receipt generated after fee payment for the future reference.
- Candidates are advised to check the correct bank details before initiating any payment.
- Amid the COVID-19 pandemic, certain charges such as hostel rent, mess advanced are optional and need to be paid by only those students who opt to stay at the campus.
- The above information is subject to changes by IIT Roorkee authorities. For detailed information and exact data on IIT Roorkee Fees Structure refer to the official website of the college.