Last updated on February 17th, 2021 at 11:53 am
Indian Institute of Technology Palakkad, also known as IIT Palakkad is one of the newly set up IITs in the country which was established in the year 2015. It is one of the most reputed newly established engineering institutes of the country which is making rapid strides each year. The institute offers different UG, PG and doctorate level courses like B.Tech, M.Tech, PhD etc. under different specializations. Even though it does not figure among top-tier IITs, it is still one of the top engineering colleges in India.
- Admissions to the IT courses at IIT Palakkad are offered based on the national level entrance examinations like JEE Advanced, GATE, IIT JAM, etc.
- The institute is known to have an excellent placement cell and has shown exceptional placement records in the last few years.
- IIT Palakkad offers many facilities to the candidates like the central library, sports facilities, placement opportunities, hostel facility, health care facilities, etc.
- The institute is known for its highly experienced and well-educated staff and faculty members who are highly skilled in their respective streams.
- Admissions at IIT Guwahati via JEE Advanced 2021
- NIT Jalandhar: Eligibility Criteria, Admission Process and More
IIT Palakkad Highlights
|Recognized by||UGC, AICTE|
|Type of College||Government, Autonomous|
|Type of Programs||UG, PG and PhD|
|Admission Criteria||JEE Advanced and 10+2 scores (for B.Tech.)|
|Entrance Exams||JEE Advanced, IIT JAM|
IIT Palakkad Admissions via JEE Advanced 2021
Indian Institute of Technology Palakkad offers B.Tech courses in different specializations. To be eligible for the admission to the course, aspirants also have to qualify JEE Advanced followed by JoSAA counselling.
B.Tech Courses Offered
As the institute has been newly set up, it offers B.Tech in only 4 specializations. Various B. Tech courses are given below.
Eligibility Criteria for B.Tech
- The candidate with a minimum 75% marks (SC/ST candidates can apply even with 65%) in Class 12 from a recognized board or school. (Note: Top 20 percentile rule has been scrapped for 2021 admissions)
- Aspirants post-qualifying JEE Main, need to give JEE Advanced as well to be eligible for a course at IIT Palakkad.
IIT Palakkad Cut Offs For Top B.Tech Courses
Tabulated below are the IIT Palakkad Cut Offs for admission to the B.Tech programs and other IT courses as per the JEE Advanced All India Ranks. The IIT Palakkad Cut Offs are provided as opening and closing ranks for various courses from the 6th Round of JoSAA Counseling 2020.
|Course||Opening Rank||Closing Rank|
|Computer Science and Engineering||3916||4854|
- JEE Advanced Cut Off for IIT Gandhinagar
- Advantage of Pursuing Dual Degree B.Tech from IIT Kharagpur
IIT Palakkad During COVID-19: Academics and Management
- IIT Palakkad has launched the initiative of e-learning in the middle of global COVID-19 pandemic. Traditional classroom teaching has been scrapped.
- For this purpose, online classes began from 3rd August 2020.
- Online Teaching for all the college courses will be managed via a single learning management system offered by Moodle.
- IIT Palakkad has tied up with various online teaching platforms to assist students in learning and providing them with work from home internships.
- Virtual seminars and workshops have been started by the institute which aimed at encouraging students to take part in such activities on numerous topics like physics, engineering, biology and humanities.
- The benefits of online learning for school students and college students are – Flexibility in time, taking lessons from the safety of home, effective learning, and many more.
Why Should You Choose IIT Palakkad?
Given below are some reasons to choose IIT Palakkad:
- IIT Palakkad is one of the most reputed engineering institutes in India and offers various science and engineering programs like B.Tech, M.Tech, PhD, etc.
- The college offers several facilities including sports, extracurriculars, accommodation, central library etc.
- IIT Palakkad CutOff is still high even though the college has been newly set up. This shows that competition for the college is very high and batches are composed of intellectual and bright students.
- The institute has a central placement cell and offers excellent placement records from the last few years from the top recruiters of the industry.
IIT Palakkad Cut Off For B.Tech Specializations
Tabulated below are the JEE Advanced Cut Offs for different categories for admission to the B.Tech programmes and IT courses at the Indian Institute of Technology Palakkad. The cut off is from Round 6 of JoSAA Counselling 2020 with opening ranks (OR) and closing ranks (CR)-
Computer Science and Engineering
|Category||Opening Rank||Closing Rank|
|Category||Opening Rank||Closing Rank|
|Category||Opening Rank||Closing Rank|
|Category||Opening Rank||Closing Rank|
Latest News Updates
- Key Takeaways From Education Minister’s Webinar On JEE Main 2021 Examination
- JEE Main 2021: Live Session With Education Minister Extended To December 10th
- Uttarakhand Government To Provide Free Coaching Classes For JEE Aspirants
- JEE Main 2021: Mr Ramesh Pokhriyal Directs NTA to Draft a Fresh Syllabus
- JEE Main 2021 Delayed Till February, JEE Advanced 2021 Syllabus Being Reviewed
IIT Palakkad: Reservation Through JEE Advanced Counselling (JoSAA)
JoSAA (Joint Seat Allocation Authority) is responsible for the allotment of seats through JEE Advanced for various courses at all the JoSAA participating institutes. The reservation criteria are as per JoSAA rules and regulations only. Total intake as per the seat matrix on JoSAA portal, there are a total 181 seats in the 4 B.Tech programmes. Batches are composed of 40 to 50 students. 24 seats (over and above sanctioned intake) are reserved for foreign and other category students.
|PwD||5% in each category|
Faculty At IIT Palakkad
Indian Institute of Technology Palakkad has highly qualified faculty members who are exceptionally skilled in their respective fields. Even though IIT Palakkad has been established recently, the IIT Palakkad faculty have excellent experience in teaching and industry.
- Most of the faculty members are PhD scholars in their respective fields.
- Each faculty member from every department acts as an excellent mentor and guides students in every possible way.
- The staff members are conferred with multiple awards at the national and international level.
- Also, the faculty members of IIT Palakkad consist of dean, professors, assistant professors, and others.
Various Facilities Provided At IIT Palakkad
IIT Palakkad is one of the leading technical and eminent institutes of the country. The institute offers many facilities to the students and is known for its excellent placement records and has highly qualified faculty. Some of the facilities provided by the institute are:
- IIT Palakkad Infrastructure includes hostel facilities for the students. The institute has separate hostels for both boys and girls.
- Also, the hostels provide complete and tight security and numerous facilities like canteen, health facility, medical aid, laundry, ATMs and centralized cooling system.
- The top IT college in India offers other facilities too that include transport facility, library, cafeteria, gym, medical centre, hygiene, banks etc.
- IIT Palakkad has a team of 90 highly experienced and well-qualified faculty members with the work experience of more than 20 years.
- All of the IIT Palakkad Faculty memebers are highly qualified and strive to impart the best education in the best possible way they can.
- IIT Dharwad Cut Off for UG Courses in Detail
- IIT Kharagpur: Academics Amid COVID-19, Cut Off and More
IIT Palakkad Placements
Indian Institute of Technology Palakkad is known for excellent placement records in the past few years. The placements at IIT Palakkad has seen a rise in the year 2020 as compared to 2019. The number of offers increased from 64 in 2019 to 86 in 2020.
Around 70 top recruiters came to the campus. Some of the top recruiters include OYO, HSBC, Maybank, Arista Networks, UST Global etc.
|Highest CTC Offered||INR 21.34 LPA|
|Average CTC Offered||INR 9.93 LPA|
|Median CTC Offered||INR 9 LPA|
|Salary range||INR 5.4-21.3 LPA|
|No. of students registered for placement||82|
|No. of offers||86|
|No. of Students Placed||73|
|No. of PPO’s (pre-placement offers)||15|
IIT Palakkad Scholarships
Indian Institute of Technology Palakkad offers various scholarships to the students. Some of the IIT Palakkad scholarships are mentioned below:
- Scholarship for B.Tech Students:
- IIT Palakkad offers Merit-cum-Means (MCM) scholarship to 25% of the students enrolled in the course.
- The scholarship is awarded to the meritorious reserved categories (SC/ST) students according to the rules as set by Government of India.
- SC/ST Scholarship:
- SC/ST students are eligible for scholarships to get full remission of the hostel rent, as well as, dining (mess) charges.
- Along with this, SC/ST students also get full exemption from tuition fees.
- Gen/OBC (EWS) Scholarship:
- Students belonging to most economically weaker sections or other economically weaker sections get remission of tuition fees in full and in part (2/3rd) respectively.
- Other than this, these students can also avail Institute merit scholarships for reimbursement of hostel and mess expenses.
- Scholarship for PhD Scholars:
- This scholarship is provided to those candidates who have qualified under UGC- JRF, ICMR, CSIR- JRF and AICTE examinations.
- Only those candidates who have qualified these examinations are eligible for the fellowship as per the norms.
- Half- time Teaching and Research Assistantship (HTRA) is awarded to those full-time students who work for 8 hours per week.
IIT Palakkad Fee Structure For B.Tech Courses
Given below is the fee structure for B.Tech course offered by IIT Palakkad. The IIT Palakkad fees given below is applicable for General and OBC category students-
|One Time Fees||2,600|
- Hostel Charges include advance dining (mess) charges of INR 17000.
- Day Scholars have the option to let go of hostel charges. Their fee will be reduced accordingly.
- The fees are subject to revisions.
- SC/ST/PwD and Most EWS category students get full exemption from tuition fees.
- Other EWS category students (Annual Family Income b/w INR 1 to 5 LPA) get 2/3rd fee remission.
IIT Palakkad FAQs
Answer: Yes, IIT Palakkad offers M.Tech, M.Sc and M.S. by Research courses at postgraduate level. IIT Palakkad M.Tech courses are offered in various specializations.
Answer: There is only one IIT in Kerala, which is IIT Palakkad.
Ans. IIT Palakkad offers accommodation facilities to the students. The institute offers separate hostels for boys and girls. The hostels have tight 24/7 security and many other facilities.
Ans. Yes, IIT Palakkad offers scholarships to the students. Scholarships are offered to the undergraduate students based on their academic performance and also to students with weak financial backgrounds.
Last updated on February 17th, 2021 at 10:48 am
Ans. Admissions to B.Tech programs of IIT Palakkad will be done based on eligibility and selection criteria set by JoSAA. Students must be intermediate graduates and be eligible to take JEE Main. Further admission is based on All India Ranks of JEE Advanced.
Ans. Yes, IIT Palakkad is a government college which has received the status of autonomous college by MHRD.
Ans. IIT Palakkad is a new-age engineering institute in India. The IIT Palakkad Faculty is world-class and offers enriched education to students through their experience. Also, the top IT college offers superior infrastructure like – World Class hostels, Playgrounds (for all kinds of sports like Football, Cricket, Volleyball, BasketBall and Badminton), bicycle track, gym, canteen, supermarket and many more. Apart from that there are plenty of student activities and seminars to improve one’s interpersonal skills.