Last updated on October 31st, 2020 at 02:30 pm
IIT Madras offers many courses in Undergraduate, Postgraduate, PhD degrees in Engineering, Management, Arts, and Science. It offers a B. Tech/ Dual degree in twelve disciplines. Similar to other IITs, IIT Madras Fee Structure for B.Tech remains same throughout 8 semesters.
- Admissions to all the B.Tech courses are made via JEE Main scores and seats are allotted through JoSAA Counselling.
- The total Semester Fee for each semester charged by IIT Madras is INR 1,03,950. IIT Madras charges other fees like hostel fee, Library Fee etc.
- At the time of registration, Candidates need to pay a one-time fee of INR 3,550. For Foreign Candidates, the One Time fee is INR 18,500.
- The mode of payment of fees is online only amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
- IIT Madras offers various scholarships to top performing students.
Also Check IIT Madras: JEE Advanced 2019 Cut Off
IIT Madras Fee for B. Tech: Highlights
The institute also charges one time fees like caution money and registration fees at the time of admission. Institute Caution Money and Library Caution Money is refundable.
|Institute Name||IIT Madras|
|Total Semester Fees (B.Tech)||INR 1,03,950|
|Scholarship/ Fee Waiver||Available|
|Admissions via||JEE Main Counselling|
- Top Engineering Colleges in India – IITs, NITs, NIRF Rankings
- NIT Surathkal Admission Process through JEE Main
- IIT Delhi Cut Off 2019
IIT Madras B.Tech Fee Structure 2020-21 (Revised for COVID-19)
The details of the fees structure of IIT Madras is given in the table below.
- Both Semester wise and One-time fees are provided below.
- Students belonging to SC, ST and PWD categories are exempted from paying tuition fees.
|Description||Fees- Semester 1 (In INR)||Fees- Semester 2 (In INR)||Fees- Semester 3 (In INR)||Fees- Semester 4 (In INR)|
|Student Welfare Fees||200||200||200||200|
|Fan, Electricity, Water Charges||1000||1000||1000||1000|
|Total of Semester Fees||1,03,950||1,03,950||1,03,950||1,03,950|
|Total of Refundable Fees||5000||5000||5000||5000|
|Alumni Life Membership Fees||1500||–||–||–|
|Student Welfare Fund||1000||–||–||–|
|Grade Card fee||100||–||–||–|
|Total of One Time Fee||3500||–||–||–|
|Mess Advance fee*||19,365||19,365||19,365||19,365|
|Hall Establishment Charges||7500||7500||7500||7500|
|Hall Seat Rent||6000||6000||6000||6000|
|Total of Hall Fees||32,865||32,865||32,865||32,865|
|Medical Insurance Fees||1600||1600||1600||1600|
* Advance dining charges also include Saarang / T-shirt of Shaastra / Food Wastage Disposal / Hostel Night and Extras card balance transfers.
- Courses Offered at NIT Rourkela through JEE Main
- NIT Surathkal Cut Off for JEE Main
- IIT Kanpur Cut Off 2019 – JoSAA Round 1 to Round 7
IIT Madras Fee Structure for International Students
The fee structure of both B. Tech and B. Tech + M. Tech integrated courses for both national and foreign candidates are different. The fees structure for the foreign candidates are mentioned in the table given below:
|Particulars||Fees (In INR)|
Note: Medical Fee, Hostel Rent, Electricity Charges, Water Charges will be collected from the students once the institute reopens after COVID-19.
- JEE Main Cut off for B. Tech Specialization at NIT Jamshedpur
- How is NIT Jalandhar Dealing With COVID-19 Situation?
- What Scholarships NIT Jaipur Provided to UG Candidates?
IIT Madras Fee Structure: Scholarships and Waivers
IIT Madras is one of the excellent technical institutions that encourage meritorious students by providing different types of scholarship. The institute also helps students who are financially disabled by tuition fees waiver.
The institute offers a total of eleven scholarships along with fifteen other reward schemes. There are also some scholarship schemes for SC/ST and Female students. Some of them are mentioned in the below points:
- Students belonging to Economically Backward Class will be given a 100% fee concession if the total family income is less than INR 1,00,000.
- Other Economically Backward Class will be given 2/3rd of the aggregate tuition fee concession whose family income is between 1 lakh to 5 lakh rupees.
- Institute Merit Cum Means Scholarship for the students whose annual income is less than INR 2,00,000.
- The students belonging to SC, ST and PwD categories are exempted from paying the tuition fee.
- Students can avail interest- free loan under the Vidyalaxmi scheme for their tuition fee.
- Why Choose NIT Raipur?
- Why has NIT Rourkela recorded 100% placements?
- What Made You Choose NIT Durgapur?
How to pay IIT Madras Fees?
The fees for the B.Tech course can be paid online on the official website of IIT Madras. Candidates need to follow the below-mentioned points to make payment for IIT Madras fees:
Mode of Payment
- Candidates need to visit the official website of IIT Madras.
- Click on the ‘Academic Fee Payment Portal’ option to open the fees portal.
- Candidates need to sign up for the portal by entering roll number and password. Verify the name displayed on the screen.
- IIT Bombay Fee Structure is given in the pdf format. Students are required to download that and search for the tuition fee and other amounts according to the category they belong to.
- Select the amount and pay the fees through Internet Banking, Debit, or Credit card.
- The link to pay the fees is https://pay.iitm.ac.in/fees/tuitionfee.aspx.
Latest News Updates
- Key Takeaways From Education Minister’s Webinar On JEE Main 2021 Examination
- JEE Main 2021: Live Session With Education Minister Extended To December 10th
- Uttarakhand Government To Provide Free Coaching Classes For JEE Aspirants
- JEE Main 2021: Mr Ramesh Pokhriyal Directs NTA to Draft a Fresh Syllabus
- JEE Main 2021 Delayed Till February, JEE Advanced 2021 Syllabus Being Reviewed
Note: If the transaction fails and money is deducted from your account, then please wait for 3 to 5 working days for the money to be credited back to your account. If the money is not credited automatically, then contact the accounts section of the institute with your Roll Number, Name and Transaction ID.
Instruction for IIT Madras Fees Payment
- Students are required to pay their Semester fees as per the category they belong to. IIT Madras Fee Structure is different for Indian and foreign nationals.
- The institute will collect Rent, Medical Fee, Water Charges and Electricity Charges from the students after it opens.
- All students (including HTTA/HTRA scholars) have to pay their semester fees directly online as per PDF fee structure applicable to the category to which they belong.
- Students can pay their Institute fees in instalments in order to ensure the timely or before deadline submission of full fees.
- IIT Mandi: Most Beautiful IIT of India
- IIT Kharagpur: Fees, Scholarships, Admissions, Cut Off
- JEE Advanced 2019 Cut Off for IIT Goa
- Due to COVID-19, the college has made a few revisions in the Hostel Fees and other related charges. Aspiring students can check the suspended components here (highlighted in yellow).
The above information is subject to changes by IIT Madras authorities. For detailed information and exact data on IIT Madras Fees Structure refer to the official website of the college.