Last updated on October 31st, 2020 at 02:30 pm
IIT Kharagpur Fee Structure is the same for all the B.Tech specializations with suitable waivers for special category students.
- The total fee for each semester as per IIT Kharagpur Fee Structure is INR 1,04,000. IIT Kharagpur charges other fees like Hostel Fee, Library Fee etc.
- The course is divided into 8 semesters and the students are required to pay the tuition fee, along with other applicable charges, each semester.
- For the first year, students are required to pay one-time charges and refundable caution money for the facilities provided by the institute.
- Students can pay the IIT Kharagpur Fee through the online mode as well as the offline mode.
Also Check IIT Kharagpur: JEE Advanced 2019 Cut Off
IIT Kharagpur Fee Structure 2020: Highlights
|Institute Name||IIT Kharagpur|
|Total Semester Fees (B.Tech)||INR 1,04,000|
|Admissions via||JoSAA Counselling|
- NIT Rourkela Cut Off 2019: JEE Main Opening and Closing Ranks
- NIT Andhra Pradesh: Admission through JEE Main, Fee Structure, Cut Off, Courses and More
- NIT Silchar: Admission via JEE Main, Courses, Fee Structure, Cut Off and More
IIT Kharagpur Fee Structure 2020-21 (B.Tech)
Given below is the detailed breakdown of IIT Kharagpur Fee Structure from the latest updated official source. The fees structure has been slightly modified due to the COVID-19 pandemic, which of course reduced various charges such as hostel fee and mess fee.
|Description||Semester 1 (In INR)||Semester 2 (In INR)||Semester 3 (In INR)||Semester 4 (In INR)|
|Technology Film Society||100||100||100||100|
|Hostel Seat Rent||750||750||750||750|
|Electricity & Water Charges||1000||1000||1000||1000|
|Total of Per Semester Fees (A)||105750||105750||105750||105750|
|Total of Refundable Fee (B)||6000||–||–||–|
|Students’ Welfare Fund||300||–||–||–|
|Hostel Admission fee||1000||–||–||–|
|Total of One Time Fee (C)||5700||–||–||–|
|Hall Establishment Charge||15125||15125||15125||15125|
|Hostel Overhead Charge||730||730||730||730|
|Total of Hall Fees (C)||28855||28855||28855||28855|
|Student’s Brotherhood Fund||200||–||200||–|
|Overall total fees||1,49,005||1,34,605||1,37,305||1,34,605|
Note: Due to COVID-19, Students are required to pay tuition fees only. Mess Advance, Hostel Overhead Charge, Hostel Charges will be collected once the institute reopens.
IIT Kharagpur Fee Structure for International Students
The fee structure is different for foreign students than the native students. The table below shows the tuition fees charged per annum (excluding additional applicable charges) for the international students:
|Country||Tuition Fee per annum (INR)|
|SAARC Countries||6 Lakhs|
|Other than SAARC Countries||2 Lakhs|
|PIO / OCI Card Holders||Same as General category|
- NIT Nagpur: Admissions via JEE Main, Courses, Fee Structure, Placements and More
- NIT Patna Detailed Cut Off for JEE Main
- IIIT Vadodara Cut Off for JEE Main
IIT Kharagpur Fee Structure: Scholarships and Waivers
IIT Kharagpur offers various scholarships and financial assistance to the students. A tuition fee waiver is also awarded to the meritorious students on the basis of their scores in the qualifying examination. Some of the scholarships offered by IIT Kharagpur are mentioned below:
- Merit-cum-means Scholarship of INR 1000 per month is awarded to the students of B.Tech.
- A tuition fee waiver is awarded up to 25% to the students admitted in B.Tech, B.Arch and other degree programmes.
- Students admitted to Dual Degree programmes are provided scholarships at par with B.Tech. students up to 4th year.
- Top 10 NITs Accepting JEE Main Score
- JEE Main Cut Off for Top NITs
- NIT Hamirpur Cut Off for JEE Main
Latest News Updates
- Key Takeaways From Education Minister’s Webinar On JEE Main 2021 Examination
- JEE Main 2021: Live Session With Education Minister Extended To December 10th
- Uttarakhand Government To Provide Free Coaching Classes For JEE Aspirants
- JEE Main 2021: Mr Ramesh Pokhriyal Directs NTA to Draft a Fresh Syllabus
- JEE Main 2021 Delayed Till February, JEE Advanced 2021 Syllabus Being Reviewed
How to pay IIT Kharagpur Fees?
Students can pay IIT Kharagpur Fee online or offline as per their preference. The detailed steps to pay the fee online are given below:
Mode of Payment
Students can pay the fee online by logging into the IIT Kharagpur official website using their credentials.
- Students need to visit the official IIT Kharagpur website and click on “Pay Fees”. They will be redirected to the Payment Gateway portal of the institute.
- At the IIT Kharagpur Payment Gateway page, the students will be shown the details of the fee that they are required to pay.
- After confirming the details, click on ‘Proceed’.
- They will be directed to the SBI MOPS facility, where they can choose their mode of payment.
- Their choices include SBI Online Banking, Other Bank Online Banking, SBI Debit Card, Other Bank Debit Card, any Credit card or payment by cash/cheque at the SBI Branch.
- After successful payment, return to the IIT Kharagpur e-transaction page and check the payment status.
- Make sure to keep a receipt of the payment.
Bank Details For B.Tech Students
|Name of Bank||State Bank of India|
|Name of Beneficiary||IIT Kharagpur|
Note: The bank details might have been changed or might not be required at all if the fee payment is through an online payment gateway.
Instruction for IIT Kharagpur Fees Payment
- If the transaction fails due to some technical issues and the amount is deducted from the candidate’s account, he/ she is not required to pay the fees again. Please wait for the last transaction to be settled. It will be refunded to your account directly.
- Non- SBI cheque, Non- SBI Demand Drafts etc. will not be accepted under any circumstances.
- The payment status will be updated in ERP only after the amount gets credited in the candidate’s IITKGP account through SBI MPOS.
- IIT Mandi: Most Beautiful IIT of India
- IIT Kharagpur: Fees, Scholarships, Admissions, Cut Off
- JEE Advanced 2019 Cut Off for IIT Goa
- Due to the global pandemic, IIT Kharagpur has revised the Fee structure for the academic year 2020-21. Students are not required to pay hostel fee, mess advance and other optional charges till the institute reopens.
- The above information is subject to changes by IIT Kharagpur authorities. For detailed information and exact data on IIT Kharagpur Fees Structure refer to the official website of the college.