Last updated on August 20th, 2021
IIT Kanpur fees is very reasonable, with many facilities provided for the students. The institution aims at providing meaningful technical education. It is one among the top engineering colleges in India, and a prestigious IIT at 4th position in NIRF 2020 Engineering Rankings.
- Candidates selected for admissions post the selection procedure are obliged to pay their fees according to IIT Kanpur fee structure, released at the beginning of the academic year/semester.
- The fees for B.Tech in IIT Kanpur include tuition fees, caution deposit, and mess charge along with many other charges.
- The fee can be paid via many online and offline methods.
- Students can use credit/debit cards, internet banking, E-Challans, etc.
IIT Kanpur fee structure is different for economically backward candidates who have a low family income of less than INR 1 lakh per annum and also for candidates from the reserved category.
- NIT Surathkal Fee Structure for B.Tech Admissions 2020-21
- NIT Rourkela Fee Structure for B.Tech Admissions 2020-21
- NIT Trichy Fee Structure for B. Tech Admission 2020-21
IIT Kanpur Fee Structure for B.Tech- 2020
The following is the fee structure for the B.Tech course in IIT Kanpur. The fee structure is more or less the same throughout all 8 semesters of the course and will vary only if the student attains a scholarship.
- IIT Kanpur fee structure for the courses is released by all the branches annually, post the completion of the JEE Advanced exam. The fee structure is revised every year based on the recommendations of the IIT council.
- Also, IIT Kanpur fee structure remains the same for all B.Tech courses. The table given below shows the semester-wise division of the fees and the different facilities that the fee is collected for.
|Description||Sem 1 (in ₹)||Sem 2 (in ₹)||Sem 3 (in ₹)||Sem 4 (in ₹)||Sem 5 (in ₹)||Sem 6 (in ₹)||Sem 7 (in ₹)||Sem 8 (in ₹)|
|Provisional certificate fee||100||100||100||100||100||100||100||100|
|Marks card fee||150||150||150||150||150||150||150||150|
|Hostel Seat Rent||1250||1250||1250||1250||1250||1250||1250||1250|
|Total of Semester Fee||1,04,000||1,04,000||1,04,000||1,04,000||1,04,000||1,04,000||1,04,000||1,04,000|
|Total of Refundable Fee||16,125||16,125||16,125||16,125||16,125||16,125||16,125||16,125|
|Students’ Welfare Fund||800||800||800||800||800||800||800||800|
|Hostel Admission fee||500||500||500||500||500||500||500||500|
|Total of One Time Fee||2,100||2,100||2,100||2,100||2,100||2,100||2,100||2,100|
|Hall Establishment Charge||12,850||12,850||12,850||12,850||12,850||12,850||12,850||12,850|
|Total of Hall Fees||22,850||22,850||22,850||22,850||22,850||22,850||22,850||22,850|
- IIT Kanpur Cut Off: JEE Advanced Opening and Closing Rank
- IIT Madras Fee Structure For B.Tech Admissions 2020-21
- IIT Kharagpur Fee Structure For B.Tech Admission 2020-21
- IIT Roorkee Fee Structure For B.Tech Admission 2020-21
IIT Kanpur Fee Structure for International Students
Foreign national students, including Indian-origin students without Indian citizenship, come under the fee category of International students. They have to pay the same fee as Indian students for every particular except tuition fee. The tuition fee for international students as per IIT Kanpur Fee Structure is as follows-
|Asian and African Students (except Japan)||USD 1000|
|All Other International Students||USD 2000|
- IIT Hyderabad Fee Structure For B. Tech Admission 2020-21
- IIT Delhi Fee Structure For B.Tech Admission 2020-21
- IIIT Delhi Fee Structure For B.Tech Admission 2020-21
IIT Kanpur Fee Structure: Scholarships and Fee Waivers
IIT Kanpur provides various scholarships and fee waivers based on categories and merits.
|Category of Students||Fee Waivers|
|SC/ST/PwD Students||100% Tuition Fee Waiver|
|Students with annual family income below INR 1 lakh||100% Tuition Fee Waiver|
|Students with annual family income between INR 1 L to INR 5 L||2/3rd of Tuition Fee Waiver ie, INR 66,666|
The following is the information on the categories in which the institute provides scholarships to the students:
- Scholarship 1:
The Aditya Birla Scholarship is for the top 20 students who got top AIRs by clearing the JEE Advanced exam. These students are shortlisted for an interview based on their application. The scholarship is awarded to them depending on their interview results.
- Scholarship 2:
The second category of the scholarship is the INSPIRE scholarship which amounts up to INR 30,000 per semester. This is a merit-based scholarship for the B.S programs within the AIR 10,000 according to the common merit list. This requires the recipients to maintain a minimum CPI of 6.0. This scholarship applies to the students in the departments of Chemistry, Physics, and Mathematics.
- Scholarship 3:
The college grants pocket money of INR 250 per month along with free basic mess bills for SC/ST students whose parents or guardians have an annual income of fewer than INR 4.5 lakhs.
- NIT Calicut Fee Structure For B.Tech Admission 2020-21
- IIIT Hyderabad Fee Structure For B.Tech Admission 2020-21
- NIT Patna Fee Structure For B.Tech Admission 2020-21
- IIT Bhubaneswar Fee Structure For B.Tech Admission 2020-21
Latest JEE Main News
- JoSAA Counselling 2021: Registrations Begin on 16 October 2021
- JEE Advanced 2021 Result Released: Read How to check, Rank List, Qualifying Marks
- WBJEE Counselling 2021: Registration Started on 28 September 2021
- JAC Delhi Counseling 2021 Registration Starts For B.Tech Program
- Predict College or Courses Using Your JEE Main Rank
How to Pay IIT Kanpur Fee?
The fee payment process of IIT Kanpur can be done online or offline. It is simple and systematic.
The applicants who are selected for admission to IIT Kanpur may pay the fee online by visiting the official website of IIT Kanpur. The following are the steps to pay the fees online:
- Visit the official website of IIT Kanpur
- Sign up on the website by entering the qualification exam that you took along with the year of appearing and your roll number
- Check the email that confirms your roll number and password
- Visit the signing up page and click on the sign-in option
- Proceed with fee payment
- Choose the amount to be paid
- Choose any mode of payment such as, Net banking/debit card/credit card.
*Please note that a minimum charge of 0.75% of total fees will be deducted along with the service tax.
IIT Kanpur fee structure is subject to change due to the COVID-19 restrictions on opening educational institutions. Students should check the official website of IIT Kanpur for more details and updates in this regard.