Last updated on October 13th, 2020 at 12:09 pm
Indian Institute of Technology Jodhpur (also known as IIT Jodhpur) is one of the 8 Indian Institutes of Technology that were sanctioned by MHRD in 2011. IIT Jodhpur Ranking is at 53th position in the NIRF ranking among the top engineering colleges.
- Courses are offered in varied streams under B. Tech, M. Tech, M. Sc, and doctoral programmes.
- As all the other IITs in India, admission to 4-year B. Tech curriculum is carried out on the basis of candidate’s rank in JEE Advanced followed by counselling.
- To take the admission procedure forward, the counselling procedure shall be regulated by the JOSAA.
- The campus is spread over a vast area and is equipped with all necessary amenities along with residential facilities.
- Graduates from IIT Jodhpur are recruited to top companies for high profile job roles with big fat annual packages.
- IIT Jodhpur Placement cell has recorded the highest placement record of 89% this year.
IIT Jodhpur Highlights
|Campus location||Jodhpur, Rajasthan|
|Types of programs offered||B. Tech, M. Tech, M. Sc, Ph. D|
|Admission criteria||JEE Advanced after 10+2 level qualification|
- NITK Surathkal B.Tech Admissions and Cut Offs
- IIT Delhi: Cut Off 2019, Admissions via JEE Advanced and more
IIT Jodhpur: B.Tech Admissions Through JEE Advanced
Indian Institute of Technology Jodhpur has 6 sets of degree programs with a specialisation in numerous fields. Alongside B. Tech, M. Tech and M. Sc programs, it also has dual courses to offer like M. Sc- M. Tech & M. Tech-PhD programs.
IIT Jodhpur: B.Tech Courses Offered
In 2019-20, IIT Jodhpur proposed some changes in the traditional 4-year B. Tech curriculum, such that students undergo a complete learning experience and seek knowledge simultaneously. The reason behind this proposal was to instil technical thinking capability in young minds. Let us see the various B.Tech specialisations offered by IIT Jodhpur:
- Computer science and Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
Eligibility Criteria for Admissions
- Applicants are eligible if they have valid JEE Advanced scores.
- Foreign nationals can also apply after appearing for JEE, but they will not be given any reservation status like that for General, OBC, SC, and ST. However, seats allotted for foreign candidates cannot exceed 10% of the total number of seats in every course.
- Reservation of seats for the reserved or unreserved category in India shall be followed as per government rules.
IIT Jodhpur Cut off for Top Courses
We have tabulated JEE Advanced cut off for 2018 and 2019 (Round 7) below to calculate the IIT Jodhpur Cut off. The table shows that the cut off ranks have improved since last year. This shows that candidates have a better chance of getting into the institute.
|Course Name||2019 Closing Rank||2018 Closing Rank|
|Computer Science and Engineering||3110||2997|
Study in IIT Jodhpur during COVID-19
- Due to the outbreak of COVID-19 in India, Indian Institute of Technology Jodhpur has suspended all academic activities until further notice. Regular classes will remain suspended till 31st August 2020, but online activities will continue as scheduled.
- At IIT Jodhpur, a UV-light based sterilisation system has been developed, which can be used to sterilise medical equipment. N95 filtering face mask respirators have been reused in this system.
- Research work on ‘Neurological Insights of COVID-19 Pandemic’ written by Prof. Surajit Ghosh and Bioscience and Bioengineering department students has been accepted by the American Chemical Society journal ACS Chemical Neuroscience.
- Sunidhi Dayam, a Ph. D student in the Mechanical Engineering department, under the guidance of Dr Kaushal A. Desai has developed a face shield using scrap materials readily available at home.
- An undergraduate student of Computer science and Engineering department named Kunal Tawatia has designed a Telemedicine portal for doctor consultation; he was guided by Dr Sumit Kalra.
Why choose Indian Institute of Technology Jodhpur?
- Campus life: Not just academics, IIT Jodhpur campus emphasises on extracurricular activities as well.
- Two annual fests, one cultural called SPANDAN and other, technical, named NIMBLE have students participating from colleges across India. Other events include IGNUS (Institute’s national level techno-socio-cultural fest), VARCHAS (sports event), VIRASAT (cultural fest) and workshops and conferences presided over by eminent personalities.
- IIT Jodhpur campus also has 7 student societies to help fulfil their varied interests in the fields of Culture & Literature, Design & Arts, Science & Technology, Academics & Career, or Sports & Games. Campus life society and Elected Representative Society guide students with their queries and concerns about the institute.
- Financial Assistance & Scholarship: Students can opt for financial aid schemes as may be applicable to them. Schemes launched by central or state governments can be availed as well.
- Placements: The Career Development Cell (CDC) at IIT Jodhpur provides assistance to the students to help them move towards their career goal. It promotes graduates and invites organisations for recruiting the best brains. It encourages and assists students in training and internships, wherever possible.
- Outreach Programs and Social Initiatives: Indian Institute of Technology Jodhpur has itself associated with government schemes, involving the student fraternity as a whole. Schemes include IMPRINT India, GIAN program, Ishan Vikas Program, Rashtriya Avishkar Program, Vigyan Jyoti Program, Unnat Bharat Abhiyan.
IIT Jodhpur Cut off for B. Tech – Category-wise
Following lists shows a tabulated form of JEE Advanced cut off for the year 2019, to get a brief idea. It shows the opening and closing ranks for male and female candidates with respect to their reservation quota.
Computer Science and Engineering
Latest News Updates
- JEE Main 2021: Mr Ramesh Pokhriyal Directs NTA to Draft a Fresh Syllabus
- JEE Main 2021 Delayed Till February, JEE Advanced 2021 Syllabus Being Reviewed
- JAC Delhi 2020 Counselling: Seat Allotment Result For Round 3 Declared
- IIT Kharagpur Will Conduct JEE Advanced 2021
- CSAB 2020 Special Rounds Counselling Schedule Released
IIT Jodhpur: Reservation through JEE Advanced Counselling
The intention behind the reservation of seats is to provide equal opportunity to each class of society. This has been one of the prominent features of the educational institutions administered by the government. Following the guidelines laid by the government for the division of seats, the total number of seats at Indian Institute of Technology Jodhpur is divided as per the following percentages:
|Category||Reservation of Seats|
|General – Economically Weaker Section (GEN-EWS)||10%|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC-NCL)||27%|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5%|
Note: A 5% horizontal reservation is provided for PwD candidates in each of the categories – OPEN, GEN-EWS, OBC-NCL, SC and ST category seats.
Faculty at IIT Jodhpur
Eminent professors and lecturers are a part of the faculty at IIT Jodhpur. There is a young batch of professors in different departments, which in ways to help students to interact and connect with the faculty.
- This army of 99 teachers are all holders of PhD degrees in their respective fields with relative industrial experience.
- The teachers create a friendly atmosphere for the students to feel comfortable and ask their queries.
- The faculty also connects with the students outside the class and are very approachable.
Facilities Provided at IIT Jodhpur
- IIT Jodhpur has laboratories for teaching and research purposes. All equipment and instruments are of international standard.
- The library has thousands of textbooks, articles, research papers and monographs. Students can also access digital library service, subscribed databases and archives, and more with their membership.
- The campus is spread over 852 acres of land, equipped with state-of-the-art infrastructure. The institute is planning to extend its present campus as well. It is always under strict surveillance.
- Students coming from other regions can avail the hostel facilities inside the campus itself; total beds equal to around 1300. Hostels are well facilitated with all basic necessities, such that students can feel at home. Residential facilities are also enjoyed by the faculty and staff members.
For the convenience of the students and faculty members, the campus is equipped with amenities like Wi-Fi, Bank and ATM (State Bank of India and Canara Bank), Foodcourt, Gymnasium, Dining services, Shopping complex, Transport services to the main city, Laundry services, Entertainment Area, Medical Centre and ambulance service to important hospitals in Jodhpur.
IIT Jodhpur: Placement Report
During IIT Jodhpur Placements, a path-breaking achievement was made by the Computer Science and Engineering Department in 2019-20. 100% of students of the department were placed in well-established companies.
|Department||Placement in 2019-20||Placement in 2018-19|
|Computer Science & Engineering||100%||91%|
|Average Pay Package||16.73 lakh||14.33 lakh|
Students are recruited to Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, Mahindra, Samsung, Morgan Stanley, Tata Consultancy Services, HCL Technologies, Amazon, Finisar, ISRO, Barclays and more.
Scholarships Offered by IIT Jodhpur
All schemes for financial aid to students launched by government bodies are tracked down by the Office of Students. They assist and guide students regarding appropriate scholarship schemes. Scholarship for top class SC/ST students, Merit-cum-Means scholarship for B. Tech students, Fee remission to EWS B. Tech students and UGC-CSIR JRF/SRF funding are the categories under which students are supported financially.
- Merit-cum-Means Scholarship– This scholarship is for B. Tech students. Under this scheme, General and OBC category students get 1000 INR per month and are exempted from tuition fee payment. SC/ST category students are given Rs. 500 every month and exempted from hostel rent payment and dining charges. Eligibility clause is that students should have at least 60% (Gen, OBC) or 55% (SC/ST) aggregate marks in Class 12. Students in the second year and onwards should have a minimum CPI of 6.5 (Gen & OBC category only) and no ‘F’ grades. Annual family income should not exceed 6 lakh INR for all category students.
- Scholarships for Top class SC/ ST students– SC/ST students with marvellous academic performance are the recipients of this scholarship.
Tuition Fees Structure for B.Tech Course at IIT Jodhpur
|One Time Fee||3,300|
|Mess Advance Fee||12,000|
- Students whose family income is below 1 lakh got a 100% tuition fee waiver.
- Students whose family income is between 1 lakh to 5 lakh have to pay Rs. 66,666.
Note – Payment of a mess advance (refundable deposit) is to be made by all which amounts to INR 12000. All payments are to be done online through net-banking/debit/credit cards.
IIT Jodhpur FAQs
Ans.Academic session starts from July and ends in June in the following year. Every year , thus, has 2 semesters, each of approximately 16 weeks. Students will get 15 working weeks in total (1 week counting as recess period) that is, at least 70 days of teaching. The Academic Calendar can give an idea of all important events and dates.
Ans. Hostel facilities are available in the campus. An 80 square feet single bed room is provided to each hosteller. The rooms are all air-conditioned, furnished with basic furniture like study table, chair, almirah and bed. Common area for recreational activites includes games area, TV room, gymnasium, music and reading rooms. Dine in with your peers in the 1000 seat capacity dining hall, serving healthy nutritious food.
Ans. IIT Jodhpur is just few kilometres away from the main city. The campus is on NH 65, Karwad Village, 24 km away from the railway station and 25 km away from the airport. Approximately it’s a 40-45 minutes drive from the railway station and the airport, to reach the main campus.