IIT Gandhinagar placements have reached a new height in the last placement session. Over 80% of students have successfully got the placement.
- IIT Gandhinagar placements have seen a spike of 17% in the average salary of INR 8.96 LPA as compared to the previous year’s INR 7.58 LPA.
- Out of 170 students who registered for IIT Gandhinagar placements, 112 students from B.Tech were placed in the top-notch MNCs.
- Students in Computer Science Engineering have grabbed the maximum number of offers.
A Germany based-company offered INR 40 LPA to two B. Tech students, which is the highest ever salary offered in the history of IIT Gandhinagar placements.
- IIT Gandhinagar 2020 Cut Off for B.Tech Courses
- B.Tech Fee Structure at IIT Gandhinagar
- IIIT Pune Cut Off for JEE Main
IIT Gandhinagar Placements Highlights 2020
|Total Companies Participated||70|
|Students Registered for Placement||170|
|Total Students Recruited||112|
|Highest CTC||INR 40 LPA|
|Average CTC||INR 8.29 LPA|
|Lowest CTC||INR 4.75 LPA|
|Total Number of Internships Offered||389|
- IIIT Sonepat: Admission via JEE Main, Cut Off, Courses, Facilities and More
- IIIT Tiruchirappalli: Admission through JEE Main, Cut Off, Fee Structure and More
IIT Gandhinagar Placements Statistics
IIT Gandhinagar has a department called CDS as the placement cell of the institute. It arranges the recruitment and invites the top companies for the placement of their students.
- It also grooms the students of the institute to be capable enough to work in the best companies in every sector.
- CDS approaches the companies from June onwards after which the PPT slots open from mid-August onwards.
- The tests for the selection of the students commence from the first week of September and the companies start allocating their dates from mid-September onwards. In the end, the placement at the campus starts from the first week of October.
|Students who opted higher studies||21|
- NIT Trichy: Courses Offered, Admissions via JEE Main, Placements and More
- NIT Patna Cut Off: JEE Main Opening and Closing Ranks
IIT Gandhinagar Placements – Department wise
All the departments of IIT Gandhinagar have done exceptionally well in the recruitment session. With the growth of the Indian economy, there has been a spurt in the placement records of the institutes too.
Here we have a list of the number of students recruited from each of the departments of B.Tech at IIT Gandhinagar placements session.
|Department||Total No. of Students Placed|
|Computer Science and Engineering||33|
|Materials Science and Engineering||21|
- IIEST Shibpur Cut Off: JEE Main Opening and Closing Ranks
- NIELIT Aurangabad: Admissions via JEE Main, Cut-Offs, Scholarship and more
List of Top Companies at IIT Gandhinagar Placements
IIT Gandhinagar placement cell and the students witness some of the biggest companies and government agencies in its campus. 70 big names have walked the grounds of IIT Gandhinagar and interviewed its students. The companies are very diverse in their sectors such as consulting, finance, engineering & technology, FMCG, education, NGO, pharmaceutical, IT/software, hospitality, research and development, public sector undertakings, etc.
Here is a list of the top IIT Gandhinagar recruiters for the recruitment session of 2020.
|Cognizant Technology Solutions||HPCL|
|TCS||Indian Oil Corporation Limited|
|L&T||Gail (India) Limited|
|HPCL||Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC)|
|ISRO||Mercedes-Benz India Private Limited|
|ICICI Bank||Tech Mahindra|
- IIT Madras Fee Structure For B.Tech Admissions 2020-21
- NIT Calicut Admissions via JEE Main, Cut-Offs, Fees and More
Latest News Updates
- JAC Delhi Counselling 2020: Spot Round Registrations Open Till 4th December
- JEE Main 2021: Live Session With Education Minister Extended To December 10th
- Uttarakhand Government To Provide Free Coaching Classes For JEE Aspirants
- JEE Main 2021: Mr Ramesh Pokhriyal Directs NTA to Draft a Fresh Syllabus
- JEE Main 2021 Delayed Till February, JEE Advanced 2021 Syllabus Being Reviewed
IIT Gandhinagar Summer Internship
The CDS of IIT Gandhinagar arranges internships for the second and third-year B.Tech students of its institute. The department approaches the organisations from the month of June onwards looking for IIT Gandhinagar internship opportunities. The companies then start the process of recruitment from the month of August onwards. The students have to fill up a form for the IIT Gandhinagar internship which is present on the official website of the college. The shortlisted students then go through the rounds of interviews and selections. At last, the chosen students start their internships in the period they have chosen.
Here are the steps to find and fill in the application form for the IIT Gandhinagar internship that the students need to fill.
Steps to Apply for the Internship
- The students can apply for IIT Gandhinagar internships only in their second or third year.
- To apply for an IIT Gandhinagar internship, the students have to visit the official website of the college at http://www.iitgn.ac.in/.
- On the official website, the students have to go to the ‘Students’ tab and select ‘Placements’.
- The Home page of the institute’s CDS opens.
- On the left side of the page, the students can find the ‘Internship Announcement Form’.
- After opening the form, the students have to choose the duration and the months of the internship.
- Then they need to download the form and take a print out.
- Then the interested students have to fill in the details and submit the form in the college.
- IIIT Hyderabad: Admission via JEE Main, Cut Off, Fee Structure and More
- IIITs in India: NIRF Ranking, Courses, Fees and More
IIT Gandhinagar Internship Stats over the years
|Department||Total No. of Students Placed|
|Computer Science and Engineering||35|
|Materials Science and Engineering||33|
The placement and the internship opportunities provided by IIT Gandhinagar placements cell are very promising and only getting better every year. The highest package offered this year of INR 40 LPA is about double of last year’s highest package. Thus, it is fair to say the institute and the students associated with can see a bright future ahead of them full of exposure.
- IIIT Bangalore: Admission through JEE Main, Cut Off, Courses, Scholarships and More
- IIIT Bhubaneswar Cut Off for JEE Main
IIT Gandhinagar Placements and Internship FAQs
Ans. Yes, the companies are invited and encouraged to recruit students for both placement and internships simultaneously to invite more and more companies for internships. However, the online tests and PPTs for the placement are over before the placement commences.
Ans. Yes, the institute has partnerships and collaborations with some of the leading universities in India and across the world such as California Institute of Technology, ICSTE in Switzerland, Israel Institute of Technology, SAC-ISRO, Physical Research Laboratory Ahmedabad, the University of Saskatchewan in Canada, Ricoh Corporation in Japan, and several others.
Ans. In general, up to three companies are given the slots to recruit in a day.
Ans. Yes, the recruitment process for IIT Gandhinagar summer internship and the placement is for all the disciplines and departments.
Ans. In the PPTs, the students are trained and given all the information they would require during and after the placement regarding the companies and their roles in the organisations. The profile of the organisation, its achievements, employee strength, CSR activities, the profile of work, future growth of the employee, details of compensation and their breakups, retirement benefits, etc. are parts of PPTs.
Ans. There are three categories of IIT Gandhinagar internships available for the students-
IIT Gandhinagar Summer Internships which starts from mid-May and lasts till the end of July
IIT Gandhinagar Winter Internships which starts at the beginning of December and lasts till 25th December
More than three months which lasts mostly an entire semester (August to November or January to April).