Last updated on November 21st, 2020 at 04:02 pm
IIT Dhanbad placements are conducted by the placement assistance cell at the institute itself. Every year, all the graduate students from each specialization can register themselves for the on-campus placement sessions. Being one of the reputed IITs and one of the top engineering colleges in India, IIT Dhanbad is very popular among the top recruiters of the job market. This results in ensuring attendance of the maximum number of top firms in the IIT Dhanbad placements drive and thus providing the maximum number of job opportunities for the fresh graduates.
- More than 165 companies attend the IIT Dhanbad campus placement drive every year.
- Every year, about 70% of the total IIT Dhanbad B.Tech graduates get placed in top companies.
- IIT Dhanbad placements cell provides all assistance to the students in these placement drives.
- Final year students can also apply for Summer Internship Programs during this period, where they get to earn first-hand work experience in their career.
- International companies also participate in the IIT Dhanbad placements session, and many students bag these job offers.
Read the entire article to know about the previous year’s statistics and details of IIT Dhanbad placements and internships.
- IIT Dhanbad 2020 Opening and Closing Ranks
- IIT Kanpur Placement Report and Summer Internship Programs
- IIT Madras Placements Report and Summer Internship Programs
IIT Dhanbad Placements Highlights 2020
|Total Companies Participated||165+|
|Students Registered for Placement||862|
|Total Students Recruited||557|
|Average CTC||14 LPA|
|Median CTC||21 LPA|
|Lowest CTC||9 LPA|
|Total Number of Internships Offered||364|
- Career Options After JEE Main- Know Your Options
- IIT BHU: Admission via JEE Advanced, Placements, Cut Off, Fees and More
IIT Dhanbad Placements Statistics
|Program||No. of Students Registered||No. of Students Placed|
|B.Tech + M.Tech||34||21|
- IIT Bombay Placements Report and Summer Internship Programs
- IIT Kanpur: Admission via JEE Advanced, Placements, Cut Off, Fees and More
- IIT Dhanbad Cut Off: JEE Advanced Opening and Closing Rank
IIT Dhanbad Placements: Department-wise
B.Tech in Computer Science & Engineering is the course in which the maximum number of graduates got placed through IIT Dhanbad placements session.
- Electrical Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering graduates also have a good placement record last year.
- Placement percentage for all courses, including 5-year integrated courses, are pretty decent at IIT Dhanbad.
|Department||Total No. of Students Placed|
|Computer Science & Engineering||138|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering||81|
|Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering||22|
|Mining Machinery Engineering||16|
|B.Tech & M.Tech (Computer Science & Engineering)||13|
|B.Tech & M.Tech (Mineral Engineering)||4|
|B.Tech & M.Tech (Mining Engineering)||4|
|Mathematics & Computing||29|
- IIT Ropar Placements Report and Summer Internship Programs
- IIT Jammu: Admissions via JEE Advanced, Placements, Fees, Cut Off and More
List of Top Companies at IIT Dhanbad Placements
Many top MNCs visit IIT Dhanbad placements session regularly, because of the quality of graduates it produces and the brand tag of IITs. Here are some of the renowned companies among the hundreds of firms that visit IIT Dhanbad every year for recruitment.
|Adani Coal & Mining||HPCL|
|Adobe||J P Morgan|
|Coal India Limited||Maruti|
|Cognizant||Oil India Limited|
- IIT Jodhpur Placements Report and Summer Internship Programs
- IIT Palakkad: Admissions via JEE Advanced, Cut Off, Scholarships, Placements and More
IIT Dhanbad Summer Internship
IIT Dhanbad Summer Research Internship Programme (SRIP) offers the students an insight and experience in the career. It is an internship of 8 weeks duration, where students from IIT Dhanbad, as well as other participating institutes, take part.
- During the 8-week long internship, candidates have to submit a mid-term presentation after completing 4 weeks. It is to review and improve the quality with feedback.
- At the end of the internship, students are evaluated by faculties with a public poster presentation.
- Excelling students of this Summer Internship will receive a commendation certificate signed by the mentor and Dean of the Research & Development department.
- Students will be provided all facilities at the institute itself during the internship period.
- IITs Vs NITs: What to Choose and How to Choose?
- IIT Ropar: Admission, Placements, Cut Off, Fees and More
Selection Process for IIT Dhanbad Internship
A total of 90 interns will be selected for each summer term, under Institute Funded/Project Funded/Self-Financed internships.
- Non-IIT applicants should pay an application fee of INR 500, which is non-refundable, to register for the internship.
- The application is received by the Office of Dean (R&D). It will be forwarded to the SRIP Committee of the Department to recommend the applications.
- Internship selection is done by the SRIP Committee of the Department. It is a three-member committee including Head of the Department as Chairperson, Convener DUGC, and One more faculty member from the Department.
Latest News Updates
- JAC Delhi Counselling 2020: Spot Round Registrations Open Till 4th December
- JEE Main 2021: Live Session With Education Minister Extended To December 10th
- Uttarakhand Government To Provide Free Coaching Classes For JEE Aspirants
- JEE Main 2021: Mr Ramesh Pokhriyal Directs NTA to Draft a Fresh Syllabus
- JEE Main 2021 Delayed Till February, JEE Advanced 2021 Syllabus Being Reviewed
Funding for IIT Dhanbad Internship
- Funding from SRIP (Institute Funded)- Students selected under this scheme will receive INR 10,000 towards their internship. Two students will be selected from each department, out of which one will be a Non-IIT student.
- Funding from IIT(ISM) Project (Project Funded)- Students will be funded by Faculty members of IIT Dhanbad under this scheme. The fund amount is INR 10,000 maximum.
- Self-Funded- Under this scheme, students get the chance to work on internship projects of IIT Dhanbad faculty. They will not receive any funding.
Eligibility for IIT Dhanbad Internship
SRIP committee gives more preference to the pre-final students from IIT and other participating institutes. Selection is based on CGPA, Awards, Publications, Institute of Student, Research proposal, and letter of recommendation.
- There is a minimum CGPA criterion followed for the IIT Dhanbad internship selection.
- CGPA ≥ 7.5 for IITs/IISc
- CGPA ≥ 8.0 for NITs/ IISERs/ NISER/IIEST
- CGPA ≥ 8.5 for students of other institutes.
- Students who have backlogs or have undergone any disciplinary actions will not be considered for this internship.
- IIT Guwahati: Admissions via JEE Advanced, Cut Off, Placements, Fees
- IIT Patna: Admission via JEE Advanced, Fees, Cut Off and More
IIT Dhanbad Internship Statistics Over the Years
Computer Science & Engineering and Petroleum Engineering students received the most number of internships considering the total student strength.
|Program||Total Student Strength||Number of Students who secured Internship|
|B.Tech + M.Tech||35||17|
|5 Year Integrated M.Tech||57||20|
- IIT Delhi Fee Structure For B.Tech Admission 2020-21
- IIT Bhubaneswar: Admission via JEE Advanced, Fees, Cut Off and More
IIT Dhanbad Placements and Internship FAQs
Last updated on November 21st, 2020 at 03:20 pm
Yes, in terms of placement as well as the quality of education, IIT Dhanbad is one of the best institutions for CSE. Last year, more than 90% of CSE graduates were placed through IIT Dhanbad campus placement sessions.
Last updated on November 21st, 2020 at 03:21 pm
As it is one of the top lines of engineering colleges in India, IIT Dhanbad placements statistics over the years are pretty good. Nearly 70% of total graduates get campus placements and the rest of them either opt for higher studies or get placed in govt. or off-campus recruitments.
Last updated on November 21st, 2020 at 03:22 pm
The highest salary package offered through IIT Dhanbad placements is 43 LPA by the tech giant Microsoft.
Last updated on November 21st, 2020 at 03:23 pm
Analyzing the previous data and statistics, 6 to 7 LPA is the average salary of IIT Dhanbad graduates.