Last updated on November 17th, 2020 at 05:21 pm
IIT Delhi placements have excellent records from the last few years which provide the best opportunities to the students. The institute deals with theoretical and practical content simultaneously along with industry level training through various projects.
- IIT Delhi has a separate cell as the Office of Career Services (OCSs) which interacts with the industries and organizations to ensure the quality of exposure that shall be given to the students.
- The institute recorded 85.6% placements this year with over 420 companies visiting the campus for the recruitment process.
- IIT Delhi, apart from the placements work smoothly and effectively for the internships to be provided to the students during the summer vacations.
- The highest salary package offered was over INR 1 Crore per annum which has increased from the previous year.
- The students of B.Tech and dual degree programs are provided with various practical training and internship programs to help them develop industry-level experiences.
- IIT Delhi 2020 Cut Off for Undergraduate Courses
- IIT Delhi B.Tech Fee Structure for 2020-2021 Session
IIT Delhi Placements Highlights
|Total Companies Participated||430|
|Highest CTC||INR 1 Crore|
|Average CTC||INR 16 Lakhs per annum|
|Number of Offers||1100+|
IIT Delhi Placements Statistics
|Program||No. of Students Registered||No. of Students Placed|
- SPA Bhopal Cut Off: JEE Main Opening and Closing Ranks
- MNIT Jaipur Cut Off: JEE Main Opening and Closing Rank
IIT Delhi Placements: Department wise
The core companies provided the maximum number of placements offered along with the IT, Analytics and Consulting sectors.
|Departments||Total Number of Students Placed ( in percent )|
|Computer Science and Engineering||9%|
|Production and Industrial Engineering||7%|
|Chemical Engineering (Dual)||5%|
|Mathematics and Computing||4%|
|Biochemical engineering and biotechnology||4%|
|Computer Science and Engineering (Dual)||3%|
IIT Delhi Placements: List of Top Companies
IIT Delhi invites top and reputed industries and companies to provide vivid exposure to the students. The Institute looks after the quality of exposure that shall be provided to the students that will help them to strive for their future jobs. This exposure is given to the students of IIT Delhi through internships and practical training. Some of the top IIT Delhi recruiters are mentioned below:
- TSMC Taiwan
- Societe Generale
- Denso Japan
- C – Dot
- HNB Garhwal University Cut Off: JEE Main Opening and Closing Ranks
- BIT Mesra Cut Off: JEE Main Opening and Closing Ranks
IIT Delhi Summer Internship
Rules and guidelines to apply for the GPEDIT internships
- GIPEDI shall operate in the remote mode for the year 2020 – 2021.
- Students applying for the internships are expected to work from home and not from the IIT Delhi campus.
- Students are expected to have a good quality bandwidth internet connection to support video interaction.
- The students selected for the internships are expected to have a laptop with a microphone and camera.
- A weekly report must be filed every Friday morning and the additional interaction sessions shall be defined by the mentors.
- The GIPEDI internship shall not be considered as the substitute for a final year project.
- IIIT Hyderabad: Admission via JEE Main, Cut Off, Fee Structure and More
- IIITs in India: NIRF Ranking, Courses, Fees and More
Latest News Updates
- Key Takeaways From Education Minister’s Webinar On JEE Main 2021 Examination
- JEE Main 2021: Live Session With Education Minister Extended To December 10th
- Uttarakhand Government To Provide Free Coaching Classes For JEE Aspirants
- JEE Main 2021: Mr Ramesh Pokhriyal Directs NTA to Draft a Fresh Syllabus
- JEE Main 2021 Delayed Till February, JEE Advanced 2021 Syllabus Being Reviewed
Guidelines for the project at IIT Delhi
- The student shall be registered as the casual student of IIT Delhi.
- The process for the project at IIT Delhi is handled by the Office of Dean Academics.
- To be eligible for the project, the student has to make the payment of full semester fees of about INR 50,000 /- along with the refundable caution deposit of Rs. 2000 /- for the duration of the internship.
Summer Fellowship Research Program
- IIT Delhi organizes a prestigious summer fellowship research program for the undergraduate and postgraduate students of approved TEQIP – III engineering colleges.
- This program provides the opportunity of different IITs to interact with each other.
- This program provides exceptionally good opportunities to the ug and pg students to work on research development under the guidance of the faculty of IITD.
How to Apply for the Internship
Step 1 – Fill the registration form available on the official website of IITD.
Step 2 – Along with the registration form, the details for the booking of the hostel is also given.
Step 3 – To apply for the internship at IIT Delhi, students are required to click on ‘apply here’.
- IIT Madras Fee Structure For B.Tech Admissions 2020-21
- NIT Calicut Admissions via JEE Main, Cut-Offs, Fees and More
IIT Delhi Placements and Internship FAQs
Last updated on November 17th, 2020 at 04:27 pm
Ans. This year, the sectors of IT, Analytics, Core and Management were amongst the few sectors that had the highest rate of recruitment.
Last updated on November 17th, 2020 at 04:28 pm
Ans. IIT Delhi offers various training sessions and workshops to prepare the students for the placements and to help them to strive for better job opportunities. IIT Delhi provides sessions for resume making, communication skills, presentation skills, interviewing skills, problem – solving skills and mock placement tests.
Last updated on November 17th, 2020 at 04:28 pm
Ans. The highest CTC offered to the students was INR 1.4 CPA by Microsoft.
Last updated on November 17th, 2020 at 04:30 pm
Ans. This year 1100+ placement offers were made for the students which reflects a rise in the placement records by 4% from the previous year.