Last updated on August 20th, 2021
IIT Delhi Fee Structure is the same for all of its B.Tech courses. The total fee for each semester as per IIT Delhi Fee Structure is INR 1,24,450. IIT Delhi charges other fees like Hostel Fee, Library Fee etc.
- The fees of IIT Delhi consists of tuition fee, which has to be paid by the students at the beginning of each semester, and other fees which include various charges such as library fee, admission fee, and security deposit.
- The admission fee for IIT Delhi is non-refundable and has to be paid at once.
The students can pay fees by different modes of payment like Net Banking, e-challan, and others.
Also Check IIT Delhi: JEE Advanced 2020 Cut Off
IIT Delhi Fee Structure 2020: Highlights
|Institute Name||IIT Delhi|
|Total Semester Fees (B.Tech)||INR 1,24,450|
|Hostel Charges||INR 7,500 / semester|
|Admissions via||JoSAA Counselling|
- NIT Rourkela Cut Off 2019: JEE Main Opening and Closing Ranks
- NIT Silchar: Admission via JEE Main, Courses, Fee Structure, Cut Off and More
IIT Delhi Fee Structure 2020-21 (B.Tech)
Given below is the detailed breakdown of IIT Delhi Fee Structure from the latest updated official source.
|Category||Semester 1 (INR)||Semester 2 (INR)||Semester 3 (INR)||Semester 4 (INR)|
|Hostel Seat Rent||7,500||7,500||7,500||7,500|
|One Time Payment||5,800||5,800||5,800||5,800|
|Payable Each Semester||3,850||3,850||3,850||3,850|
|Caution Deposit (Institute + Library Security)||3,000||3,000||3,000||3,000|
|Medical Insurance Premium Per Annum||500||–||–||–|
|Student Distress Fund||300||–||–||–|
|Total of Per Semester Fees||1,24,450||1,24,450||1,24,450||1,24,450|
Note: Due to the global pandemic COVID-19, Candidates are not required to pay hostel fees or mess charges. Hostel charges and other fees will be collected once the institute opens.
IIT Delhi Fee Structure for International Students
The fee structure is different for foreign students than native students. The table below shows the tuition fees charged per annum (excluding additional applicable charges) for the international students:
|Country||Tuition Fee per annum|
|SAARC Countries||USD 1000|
|Other than SAARC Countries||USD 1000|
Note: The fee of the Hostel Seat Rent includes INR 7500 & Amenity charges of INR 500. Non-Hostlers need not pay INR 8000.
IIT Delhi Fee Structure: Scholarships and Waivers
The tuition fee Waivers are given to students with different criteria and are applicable for students in IIT Delhi. If one parent has a business income it will be applicable as a combined income.
|Criteria||% Fee Waiver|
|Parents come under the Below Poverty Line Category||100|
|Parents Gross Income in service is up to Rs.6.0 Lakh p.a. (Rs. 3.60 Lakh p.a. And for those parents who have business income) and last school fee paid is less than Rs.0.25 Lakh p.a.||50|
|Parents Gross Income in service is up to Rs.8.0 lakh p.a. (Rs.4.80 Lakh p.a. And for those parents who have business income) and the last school fee paid is less than Rs. 0.60 Lakh p.a.||25|
IIT Delhi offers scholarships to students, who want to pursue education ahead but belong to the economically weaker section of the society. IIT Delhi offers different scholarships to needy students. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Institute Free Studentship: In this 10% of students of the undergraduate program are provided free studentship on the basis of their merit scores
- Scholarship provision for SC/ST students: In this, the Institute exempts tuition fees for undergraduate students of all SC/ST/PD categories irrespective of their guardians/ parents’ income.
- Donor Scholarship: In this, the Individual organizations and trusts provide leverage to students studying in the Institute.
- Institute Merit-cum-Means (MCM) Scholarship: In this scholarship, the Institute offers INR 1000 per month to about 25% of students. The MCM scholarship is offered to meritorious undergraduate students in engineering and technology.
- Institute Merit Prizes and Certificates: This scholarship is offered to the top 7% of students from B.Tech with an amount of INR 2500 up to the 8th and 10th semesters.
Latest JEE Main News
- JoSAA Counselling 2021: Registrations Begin on 16 October 2021
- JEE Advanced 2021 Result Released: Read How to check, Rank List, Qualifying Marks
- WBJEE Counselling 2021: Registration Started on 28 September 2021
- JAC Delhi Counseling 2021 Registration Starts For B.Tech Program
- Predict College or Courses Using Your JEE Main Rank
How to pay Fees at IIT Delhi?
Students can pay IIT Delhi Fee online or offline as per their preference. The detailed steps to pay the fee online are given below:
Mode of Payment
Students need to pay a fee for the desired course and should understand the IIT Delhi fee structure. The students can follow these steps to pay the fees-
- The candidates are advised to visit the official website of IIT Delhi i.e www.iitd.ac.in.
- After that, candidates need to click on the payment option under general information on the website
- Select the payment option on the student’s column
- The candidates should also select their state of the institute
- At last, the candidates can select educational institutions under the corporate tab
- A new page will appear and the candidates can pay the fees.
- After successful payment, return to the IIT Delhi e-transaction page and check the payment status.
- Make sure to keep a receipt of the payment.
Bank Details For B.Tech Students
|Name of Bank||State Bank of India|
|Name of Beneficiary||Indian Institute of Technology, Hauz Khas, New Delhi, 110016|
Note: The bank details might have been changed or might not be required at all if the fee payment is through an online payment gateway.
Instruction for IIT Delhi Fees Payment
- The students cannot pay the fee of IIT Delhi through credit or debit card.
- The new admission students will get an exact amount of fee and the mode of payment in their admission letter.
- If at any stage, the internet-based payment process gets interrupted and the student does not get confirmation of payment on the web, he/she should get his passbook updated after 24 hours to check the status of the payment. If the payment has not been made, he/she has to repeat the payment process.
- Due to the global pandemic, IIT Delhi has revised the Fee structure for the academic year 2020-21. Students are not required to pay hostel fee, mess advance and other optional charges till the institute reopens.
- The above information is subject to changes by IIT Delhi authorities. For detailed information and exact data on IIT Delhi Fees Structure refer to the official website of the college.