Last updated on September 25th, 2020 at 07:22 pm
Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi (IIT Delhi) has recently launched a new Bachelors course – BTech in Engineering and Computational Mechanics. This course will start from this year i.e. 2020 itself. The program will be administered by the Department of Applied Mechanics and will be available for students who have qualified JEE Advanced 2020. So let’s take a look at some of the details of the course offered by IIT Delhi below.
Objectives of BTech in Engineering and Computational Mechanics
The course is administered by the Department of Applied Mechanics of IIT Delhi.
- According to Sanjeev Sanghi, HoD, the programme will offer lots of jobs in the core technical sector.
- He also said students will be better prepared to pursue PhD at IIT Delhi or other universities post qualification.
- According to the authorities of Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi, the main objective of this course is to train students on the latest trends in the areas like – Techniques of Computation, Processes, and also Experiments. The course is designed based on various practicalities of the Engineering sector.
- Apart from this, the course is expected to build a strong foundation in the various fundamentals of engineering mechanics.
It also includes learning to work on tools to address sectors like – Biomechanics, Nanomechanics, Constitutive Modeling at Multiple Length, Time Scales. One will also learn about Parallel Processing for problems related to Mechanics, Machine Learning, and AI in Mechanics.
What’s The Scope After Graduating?
According to the college authorities, the course will augur well for the students with regards to placements. There will be plenty of lucrative job opportunities. Some of the common job roles will be-
- Design, Analysis and Research jobs in Defense, Aerospace, Bio-Mechanics Shipping, Automotive, and other industries. etc.
- The course design is based on the current trends in the Engineering sector at both Private and Public companies.
Apart from this, the legacy of remarkable placements at IIT Delhi will further put a stamp on the credibility of the course. Even in the economic slowdown due to COVID-19 pandemic, the college witnessed 430 companies making at least 1100 job offers. So, one can be assured about job prospects at IIT Delhi.
Also Check | IIT Delhi released COVID-19 Advisory for JEE Advanced 2020. Check Detailed Advisory Here