Last updated on November 11th, 2020 at 03:21 pm
IIT Bombay Placements is carried out in two phases every year for all the B.Tech courses. The first phase is conducted in December and the second in January. IIT Bombay holds a history of providing highly skilled employees to the corporate world.
- According to the IIT Bombay placements report 2019-20, the total number of job offers made was 1207.
- The highest international placement package of INR 1.16 Crores p.a. was offered by the software giant Microsoft.
- Also, the highest number of offers was bagged by the students of the Engineering and Technology sector.
- Students received 156 international offers from countries like the USA, Taiwan, Hong Kong, UAE, Singapore, South Korea, and a few more.
- Along with the excellent placements, IIT Bombay Internships are also offered to the deserving students in the final year of graduation.
- IIT Delhi Fee Structure For B.Tech Admission 2020-21
- NIT Trichy Fee Structure for B. Tech Admission 2020-21
IIT Bombay Placements Highlights 2020
|Total Companies Participated||265|
|Students Registered for Placement||1784|
|Total Students Recruited||1207|
|Average CTC||INR 20.08 LPA|
|Highest CTC||INR 62.28 LPA|
|Highest International CTC||INR 116 LPA (1.6 crores)|
|Total Number of Internships Offered||159|
- NIT Trichy: Courses Offered, Admissions via JEE Main, Placements and More
- NIT Patna Cut Off: JEE Main Opening and Closing Ranks
IIT Bombay Placements Stats
|Program||No. of Students Registered||No. of Students Placed|
|B.Tech + M.Tech||166||133|
|2 Year MSc||144||52|
|4 Year BSc||11||5|
- NIT Surathkal Fee Structure for B.Tech Admissions 2020-21
- NIT Durgapur Cut Off: JEE Main Opening and Closing Ranks
IIT Bombay Recruiter – Department wise
IIT Bombay has various engineering departments offering courses from under-graduation to PhD. IIT Bombay placements office strives to get companies to provide job offers for students of all the departments. For the year 2019-20, students of Electrical and Computer Science departments received the most offers. IIT Bombay placement statistics of all the departments are tabulated below:
|Department||Total No. of Students Placed|
|Energy Science and Engineering||30|
|BioSciences and BioEngineering||21|
- IIT Madras Fee Structure For B.Tech Admissions 2020-21
- NIT Calicut Admissions via JEE Main, Cut-Offs, Fees and More
IIT Bombay Placements: List of Top Companies
During the placement season, students of IIT Bombay received placement offers from top global companies and some major start-ups as well. The highest payer at IIT Bombay was Microsoft, which offered a package of 1.16 CPA in addition to extra bonuses and stocks. Other top companies at IIT Bombay are as follows:
|Accenture||Strategy & Carin|
IIT Bombay Summer Internship
Internships tend to play an important role in a student’s career growth. Internships not only help students to gain industrial exposure but also contribute to their personal growth.
IIT Bombay students receive internship opportunities from both India as well as foreign countries. IIT Bombay Placements office provides internships to students based on their interests. The placement team also encourages students to take part in research-based internships at esteemed universities.
IIT Bombay Summer internships typically begin in May and continue till mid-July. Students studying in second and third year in Bachelor’s and first year in Master’s are eligible to appear for internships at various companies.
- IIIT Bangalore: Admission through JEE Main, Cut Off, Courses, Scholarships and More
- IIIT Bhubaneswar Cut Off for JEE Main
Latest News Updates
- Key Takeaways From Education Minister’s Webinar On JEE Main 2021 Examination
- JEE Main 2021: Live Session With Education Minister Extended To December 10th
- Uttarakhand Government To Provide Free Coaching Classes For JEE Aspirants
- JEE Main 2021: Mr Ramesh Pokhriyal Directs NTA to Draft a Fresh Syllabus
- JEE Main 2021 Delayed Till February, JEE Advanced 2021 Syllabus Being Reviewed
IIT Bombay Internship Stats over the years
IIT Bombay Internship trends for the year 2019-20 were quite similar to the previous year’s three years. There were 901 internship offers from more than 487 organizations. Some of the companies even offered pre-placement offers (PPO) to the students.
Reputed companies from foreign countries like the USA, Germany, Japan, South Korea, France, Australia, Canada, Italy, Hong Kong, etc. offered internships to the students. Apart from companies, students also received internships from about 110 universities.
The highest demand for students was from Computer science, Electrical, and Mechanical Engineering departments. Moreover, the number of internships offered in MSc and Design also witnessed a slight rise, in comparison to the previous year. The department-wise IIT Bombay Internship trends for the past years are given below.
- IIEST Shibpur Cut Off: JEE Main Opening and Closing Ranks
- NIELIT Aurangabad: Admissions via JEE Main, Cut-Offs, Scholarship and more
Students graduating from IIT Bombay in the year 2019-20, got the opportunity to be a part of many leading global companies. Several new organizations also participated in the IIT Bombay placement drive to recruit potential employees.
The total percentage of placed students in the IIT Bombay internships was 83.58, which is higher than that of the previous years. The top international recruiters were Microsoft, Samsung, and Uber. In the case of internships, the number was slightly less than in the past year. Also, the highest number of international internships was made from USA companies.
Overall, despite the COVID-19 situation, IIT Bombay placements office and students were able to attract various reputed companies.
- University of Hyderabad Cut Off: JEE Main Opening and Closing Ranks
- PEC Pondicherry: Admissions via JEE Main, Fees, Cut-Offs and more
IIT Bombay Placements and Internships FAQs
Last updated on November 11th, 2020 at 02:47 pm
IIT Bombay has two internship phases. The first one is IIT Bombay Summer internship which begins in May and continues till Mid-July. The second one is the IIT Bombay Winter internship which is conducted during the month of December.
Last updated on November 11th, 2020 at 02:48 pm
The top recruiting companies for the B. Tech Computer Science department are Adobe, Qualcomm, Microsoft, Amazon, TATA, TCS, Infosys, etc. The average CTC offered was 11.8 LPA.
Last updated on November 11th, 2020 at 02:48 pm
IIT Bombay students received 1319 placement offers in total from various companies. Out of which 1207 offers were accepted by the students.
Last updated on November 11th, 2020 at 02:49 pm
The sector which receives the most placement offers is Engineering and Technology whereas the least offers are made in the education sector. For the Engineering and Technology sector the percentage of offers made was 30% and for the Education sector, it was 0.4% for undergraduates.
Last updated on November 11th, 2020 at 02:50 pm
During the winter internship phase, conducted in December students of IIT Bombay received a total of 198 offers. This amount is significantly less than that of summer internships because students get less duration for internships in December.