Last updated on August 16th, 2021 by user
IIITM Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh is an autonomous institution under the MHRD. IIITM, an acronym for Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management, is also known by the name Atal Bihari Vajpayee Institute of Information Technology and Management (ABV-IIITM) since 2002. This prefix ‘ABV’ was a later addition to the name IIITM, in honour of the then prime minister of India, Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
- It was established in the year 1997 and gained the status of Deemed University in 2001.
- The institute is accredited with ‘A’ grade status by NAAC and has bagged 100th rank in the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) 2020 under Engineering Category. It is considered to be one of the top engineering colleges in Madhya Pradesh.
- ABV-IIITM Gwalior Ranking by The Week Best Technical Universities in India (2020) is 32. The institute is also recognised as an Institute of National Importance.
- IIITM Gwalior campus is self-contained which incorporates all the state of the art facilities necessary for the all-round development of the students’ personalities.
The admissions to these courses are conducted by considering the ranks in competitive exams like JEE Main, GATE and CAT.
IIITM Gwalior: Highlights
|Name of the Institution||ABV-IIITM Gwalior|
|Type of Institution||Autonomous University|
|Campus Area||160 acres, Urban|
|Types of Programmes||B.Tech, M.Tech, PhD, MBA, Integrated Post Graduation|
|Basic Admission Criteria (B.Tech)||12th Marks + JEE Main Scores|
IIITM Gwalior: B.Tech Admissions via JEE Main
Similarly like other top IIITs, the process is the same for B.Tech admission at IIITM Gwalior. Institute of Information Technology and Management Gwalior offers B.Tech programme in one specialization. It is a four-year, full-time course in B.Tech Computer Science and Engineering. In addition, IIITM Gwalior also offers Integrated Graduate Programme (IGP) which is a full-time course of five-year duration.
B. Tech Courses Offered
There are currently three courses to choose from with JEE Main Scores at ABV-IIITM Gwalior-
- Computer Science and Engineering (CSE)
- Information Technology B.Tech + M.Tech (IT)
- Information Technology B.Tech + MBA
The dual degree courses or Integrated Postgraduate Courses are top courses at this college.
- What Courses You Can Opt at IIIT Delhi?
- Advantage of Pursuing Dual Degree (B.Tech + M.Tech) in IIT Kharagpur
- B.Tech (CSE) – The eligibility requirement for B.Tech admission at IIITM Gwalior is a passing certificate of 12th board examination under any recognised higher secondary boards of India. Along with this, the candidate must also have qualified the JEE Main examination.
- IPG (IT) – Admission to these 5-year programmes is through JEE Main Scores and JoSAA Counselling similar to B.Tech in CSE. Eligibility is also the same, where a 12th passing certificate and JEE Main Score Card is mandatory. However, to continue with their M.Tech or MBA in Integrated Program, students must qualify with minimum CGPA in their Bachelor course.
- Admission Process in NIT Warangal through JEE Main
- IIIT Allahabad Cut Off, Fees, Scholarships and More
IIITM Gwalior Cut Off for Top B. Tech Courses
The programmes at Institute of Information Technology and Management Gwalior which offers admission through JEE Main ranks are B.Tech and the Integrated Graduate Programmes (IGP). Each year, after the declaration of JEE Mains results, mock allotments are conducted and the JEE Main cut off range for different courses at different institutions in India is announced. Institute of Information Technology and Management Gwalior also publishes its cut-off ranks for each category for all the courses, every year. So, here are the 2020 JEE Main cut-offs for the top B.Tech programmes at Institute of Information Technology and Management Gwalior. The cut-offs are for general category from Round 6.
|Programmes||Opening ranks||Closing ranks|
|Computer Science and Engineering||6237||8722|
|Integrated B. Tech.(IT) and M. Tech (IT)||9118||13461|
|Integrated B. Tech.(IT) and MBA||12226||18264|
Study at IITM During COVID-19
During the COVID-19 situation when the whole world came to a standstill, Institute of Information Technology and Management Gwalior also paused all its activities and went into lockdown, for the safety of its students and staff members. As India is in the phase of unlocking itself, the institutions have used the modern-day means to connect with students and continue the current academic session through online mode.
- Earlier, when the country first went into complete lockdown, the activities and classes at IIITM Gwalior were suspended until further notice. The regular classes will not be resumed until the COVID-19 virus is brought under control.
- As the JEE Main admission procedures were delayed due to this pandemic, admission of new batches at IIITM Gwalior have taken place recently.
- Meanwhile, the Institute of Information Technology and Management Gwalior has remained productive during these tough times. The authority at IIITM Gwalior is throwing some great opportunities for students to make their lockdown days creative and educative. This institute has updated their official website with a few online competitions with amazing rewards, for the enthusiasts to participate.
- There are app development and logo design contests in which the students can participate. The details of the competition can be accessed at the latest news section of the official website.
- Other than this, the college has been focusing on conducting classes online for maximum students, while many students were motivated to pursue summer internships through work from home.
Why Choose ABV-IIITM Gwalior?
IIITM Gwalior, a Deemed University under the MHRD, provides the best education in the field of Computer Science, Information Technology and Management. The 160-acre campus includes well-maintained infrastructures and the best facilities for its students and staff.
- The academic environment at IIITM Gwalior is kindled by some of the best faculties on board. Also, the students are provided with well-equipped labs and classrooms for seamless conduct and thorough research opportunities.
- Institute of Information Technology and Management Gwalior provides scholarships and financial aids to its worthy and meritorious students. This way, to help the young minds continue on their dream career without having too much financial burden on their shoulders.
- The campus life at IIITM Gwalior is also eccentric and exciting with various student clubs, college fests, cultural and sports activities, workshops and so on
- As far as the placement records and salary packages of the graduating students are concerned, they showcase excellent reports. IIITM Gwalior hosts campus placements to which numerous recruiters with excellent job openings appear. The placement records are outstanding and consistent.
- The Integrated Graduate Programme (IGP) offered is also one of the rare and helpful courses. The students can complete their Bachelors and Masters degrees with this single programme with a five-year duration. The college grooms students to provide human resources which excel in management in the CS & IT Industry.
- Why Should One Choose NIT Surathkal Over Other NITs?
- NIT Trichy Could Be Your Best Alternative To IITs
IIITM Gwalior Cut Off for B.Tech Specializations
IIITM Gwalior cut off ranks are announced every year for the B.Tech programmes, after JEE Main results are out. The IIITM Gwalior cut-off ranks for each year depending upon the number of applicants, category of applicants etc. The closing and opening ranks for courses at the institute varies for each category, every year. As this year’s final cut off ranks are not released yet, you can check the opening and closing cut off ranks for the year 2020. These cutoffs are based on the 6th Round of JoSAA Counselling 2020.
Computer Science and Engineering
|Category||Opening Ranks||Closing Ranks|
Integrated B. Tech.(IT) and M. Tech (IT)
|Category||Opening Ranks||Closing Ranks|
Integrated B. Tech.(IT) and MBA
|Category||Opening Ranks||Closing Ranks|
IIITM Gwalior: Reservation through JEE Main Counselling (JoSAA)
IIITM Gwalior offers admission to various B.Tech and IGP courses by considering the ranks of a candidate obtained in the JEE Main examination. JoSAA, the counselling authority for participating institutes, has laid down certain criteria and percentage of reservation for each category. Given below is the reservation criteria:
|PwD (40% or more disability within every category)||5%*|
- PwD Reservation is provided under all categories.
- General-EWS reservation was introduced from the year 2019, which is entirely based on the income and wealth criteria of an individual.
- JEE Main Cut Off and Reservation Criteria for NIT Raipur
- Reservation Criteria for Admissions at NIT Durgapur
Faculty at IIITM Gwalior
The teaching faculties at IIITM Gwalior are PhD holders of their subjects, all from prestigious institutions like IITs, NITs and other top universities in India and abroad.
- IIITM Gwalior provides a complete list of their faculties of each department on their official website. Aspiring candidates can check this out to get more insight about each department at IIITM Gwalior.
- The authority also provides best facilities and adaptation programmes for the faculties at IIITM Gwalior to address their concerns and provide satisfaction and best work environment.
- Also, the research projects help the faculty members to educate students in a more friendly and approachable nature, which enhances academic performance and overall constructive growth for the ABV-IIITM Gwalior.
- Faculty at IIITM Gwalior has published various research papers and are also part of various research projects in the field of Computer Science and Technology at present.
- As per the NIRF 2020 data, the college has 57 faculty members and 944 students of both UG, PG and IGP courses. The faculty to student ratio is close to 1:16, which shows that there are enough faculty members available for students.
Latest JEE Main News
- JoSAA Counselling 2021: Registrations Begin on 16 October 2021
- JEE Advanced 2021 Result Released: Read How to check, Rank List, Qualifying Marks
- WBJEE Counselling 2021: Registration Started on 28 September 2021
- JAC Delhi Counseling 2021 Registration Starts For B.Tech Program
- Predict College or Courses Using Your JEE Main Rank
Various Facilities provided at IIITM Gwalior
IIITM Gwalior is an institution with decades of experience and still is one with most-modern infrastructures and facilities. The institution assembles excellence and experience of its glorious past with the efficiency of the future to give the students a thriving academic environment.
- The vast and beautiful campus with ease of transportation through air/rail/road has wonderfully structured facilities.
- Also, the institution provides hostel facilities inside the campus separately for girls and boys. All of them are well-equipped with furniture, mess facilities, indoor games and sports facilities and WiFi.
- The academic block at IIITM Gwalior has a library, labs, IT facilities, lecture halls and other facilities with sufficient equipment.
- IIITM Gwalior campus also has entertainment, games and sports areas and infrastructures, for extra-curricular activities of the students. The college includes a swimming pool, gymnasium, lawn tennis court, basketball court, billiards room, badminton courts and much more.
There are various sports and cultural events organized by the students as well. Annual academic events are also organized where intra-college clubs participate and showcase their talents.
IIITM Gwalior Placement Report
IIITM Gwalior placement records of graduates speak for themselves. IIITM Gwalior has maintained a good placement percentage throughout the years. The on-campus placement sessions conducted by IIITM Gwalior placement cell is attended by top recruiters consistently. Several students have also secured internship opportunities while studying at the institute through their support. Here are the placement statistics for graduating batch of 2019-20:
|Highest CTC Offered||INR 42 LPA|
|Average CTC By Top 20 Companies||INR 24.33 LPA|
|Overall Average CTC||INR 14.58 LPA|
|Students bagging a CTC above INR 10 LPA||70|
Four organizations have been under industry collaboration with ABV-IIITM Gwalior. These are-
While the top recruiters at IIITM Gwalior are 1mg, Acxiom, Aganitha, Amazon, American Express, Attentive AI, AVIVA, Dell and Microsoft.Check
IIITM Gwalior Scholarships
IIITM Gwalior awards scholarships and stipends to the deserving students pursuing various undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral studies at the institute. The scholarship is offered to meritorious undergraduate students who fulfil the required criteria laid down by the institution.
- As per NIRF 2020 overall data, 171 students are receiving full tuition fees reimbursement from state and central government schemes. While 46 students were receiving full tuition fee reimbursement from Institution Funds.
- The amount of scholarship is disbursed every semester to deserving candidates who performed well in academics.
- It is revised every semester and is only distributed if the candidate has fulfilled the eligibility criteria for the respective semesters.
- SC/ST/PwD students also have some remission of fees in part and in full.
- For M.Tech and PhD students, Institute of Information Technology and Management Gwalior offers stipends to aid their academic and research purposes.
ABV-IIITM Gwalior Fee Structure for B.Tech Courses
IIITM Gwalior fees is similar to that of other IIITs in India. Even though financial assistance is not available for B.Tech students, there are still many options to avail interest-free loans from the institute. There are certain provisions to fee remission and merit-based scholarships for students.
|Course Name||Total Fees/sem (INR)|
|B.Tech (CSE)||1,08,825 (Hostelers)|
|84,325 (Day Scholars)|
|B.Tech + M.Tech/MBA (IT)||1,08,825 (Hostelers)|
|84,325 (Day Scholars)|
Given below is the bifurcation of the total fee-
|Hostel + Mess||25,000|
|One Time Payments* (at the time of admission)||19250|
- One time payments include security deposits of INR 5000
- Hostel Mess Fees also includes a security deposit of INR 2500
IIITM Gwalior FAQs
Ans. As of now, IIITM Gwalior offers programmes in Computer Science and Management studies at undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral levels. IIITM Gwalior is pioneering at these fields and there are scopes to include more course specializations.
Ans. The admission of overseas nationals at different programmes at IIITM Gwalior is conducted through Direct Admission of Students Abroad (DASA).
Ans. IIITM Gwalior offers advanced and adaptive teaching methods and real industrial exposure for its students. Thus helping them to acquire necessary problem-solving skills, and practice in industry standards. There are several internship programmes which the students can join, during their course duration at IIITM Gwalior.