Last updated on September 21st, 2020 at 12:49 pm
Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design and Manufacturing, Kurnool (IIITDM Kurnool) started functioning from 2015, under the mentorship of IIITDM Kancheepuram (Tamil Nadu). This institution is in its early years and has been fully funded by the Ministry of Education (formerly known as the Ministry of Human Resource Development).
- The courses offered in the IIITDM Kurnool includes B. Tech. in Computer Science & Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering and Mechanical Engineering are offered on the basis of JEE Main Scores.
- Till now the IIITDM Kurnool has seen an entry of 4 batches starting from 2016. Thus, its first batch has passed out in the year of 2019.
- The Institute admitted 125 students for B. Tech. courses in Computer Science & Engineering (CSE), Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECE) and Mechanical Engineering (ME).
- The admission of the students is done through the merit basis according to the results of the common entrance exam JEE Main followed by JoSAA Counselling.
IIITDM Kurnool Highlights
The main highlights of IIITDM Kurnool have been listed below for an easier understanding about the institute in a concise way:
|Name of Institute||Indian Institute of Information Technology, Kurnool|
|Full Name||Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design and Manufacturing, Kurnool|
|Total seats (2019 Intake)||125|
|Accepted entrance exam||JEE Main|
|Mode of Education||Full Time|
Also Check | IIIT Guwahati: Fees, Cut off and More
IIITDM Kurnool: B.Tech. Admissions Through JEE Main
The candidates who are willing to pursue their B. Tech. degree from IIITDM Kurnool will need to firstly clear the JEE Mains exam and sit through the counselling process in order to book a seat for a specific course.
IIITDM Kurnool: B.Tech. Courses Offered
Currently, Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design and Manufacturing, Kurnool offers admission in three B. Tech. specializations-
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
Also Check Why Should One Opt for IIIT Hyderabad?
Eligibility for B.Tech
- As far as the eligibility criteria goes, the candidates who want to take admission in IIITDM Kurnool must have passed the JEE (Main) Examination.
- The candidates must have secured at least 75% marks in the 10+2 class or must be in the category wise top 20 percentile whereas the students belonging to the SC, ST and PwD need to score at least 65%.
IIITDM Kurnool Cut Off for Top B.Tech. Courses
The opening and closing ranks of IIITDM Kurnool are important for the candidates to get an idea about where they need to be in terms of the competition. The cut-offs are finalized after all the rounds of JoSAA Counselling is conducted for all IIITs. Given below is are the IIITDM Kurnool Cut Off for a general category:
|Course||Cut Off Ranks 2019||Cut Off Ranks 2018|
|Computer Science and Engineering||31,638||33,827|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||35,951||36,300|
Study at IIITDM Kurnool during COVID-19
While there is no doubt that the education of students might have taken a hit due to the current pandemic of COVID-19. However, IIITDM-Kurnool has taken appreciable steps to maintain the regular educational activity for the students remotely.
- The classes at Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design and Manufacturing, Kurnool are being conducted online, with regular classes after the summer vacations.
- The college has ensured that the students and faculty members are constantly being educated on COVID-19 and motivated them to take part in research activities for the development of PPE Kits or other creative ideas.
Why Should You Choose IIITDM Kurnool?
Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design and Manufacturing, Kurnool is the hub of information technology, where anyone seeking good education can recognize how great they are.
- IIITDM Kurnool Cut Off is much less compared to top engineering colleges in India, thus, the candidate will be able to attach a brand of the institution with national importance.
- The college placements have shown great progress in the recent years.
- The institute has well experienced and highly qualified faculty who are highly skilled in their respective fields.
IIITDM Kurnool Cut Off for B.Tech Specializations
The IIITDM Kurnool Cut Off for all of its B.Tech streams are given below. The opening and closing ranks are taken from Round 7 of JoSAA Counselling to help you prioritise which course would be suitable.
B.Tech Computer Science and Engineering
|Category||Cut Off Ranks (OR-CR)|
B.Tech Electronics & Communication Engineering
|Category||Cut Off Ranks (OR-CR)|
B.Tech Mechanical – Design and Manufacturing
|Category||Cut Off Ranks (OR-CR)|
Faculty at IIITDM Kurnool
The college has highly qualified and well qualified faculty members who are highly skilled in their respective fields.
- It has large and diverse faculty and most of them are PhD scholars in their respective fields.
- Students at IIITDM Kurnool have recommended the faculty as highly competent and friendly.
- Few reputed faculty members of the institution are listed below:
Faculty of ECE Faculty of CSE Faculty of ME Dr. Eswaramoorthy K. V. Prof. D.V.L.N. Somayajulu Dr. J. Krishnaiah Dr. Mohamed Asan Basiri M. Dr. Renjith P. Dr. Muvvala Pullarao Mr. Jayaram Reddy M.K. Dr. Preeth R. Dr. Mani Prakash
Various Facilities Provided at Campus
Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design and Manufacturing, Kurnool is one of the leading technical and eminent institutes of the country. The institute offers many facilities to the students and is known for its excellent placement records and has highly qualified faculty.
- Library: The institute hosts a library with over 1000+ resources. The library also has a large collection of online e-books which can be accessed through the central portal for students.
- Hostel Facility: The institute offers separate hostels for both boys and girls in the campus. There are various facilities available at the hostel like fresh drinking water, 24*7 security, canteen area, sports, gym, etc.
- Banks and ATMs: IIITDM Kurnool also has a bank and ATM in the campus itself.
Latest News Updates
- JEE Main 2021 Will Be Conducted In More Regional Languages, Says Education Minister
- Opening and Closing Ranks (2020) for Round 1 Counselling Released By JoSAA; Check Details
- JoSAA Releases Updated Instructions For Online Verification & Change of Willingness
- JoSAA Counselling 2020: Second Mock Seat Allotment Released, Registrations End Tomorrow
- Candidates Will Get Another Chance Directly in JEE Advanced 2021 Due To COVID-19
Also Check | Top NITs in India: Cut Off, Fees and More
IIITDM Kurnool Placement Report
Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design and Manufacturing, Kurnool in 2018-2019 held its first placements session since its inception.
- The institute recorded 72.2% placements from over 10 companies visiting the campus including the top recruiters like Wipro, Gavs Tech, Shriram Value and PayPal.
- Other than the 26 placement offers, 45 students received summer internship offers as well.
- The highest salary was recorded to be Rs 10.5 LPA and the average salary was calculated to be Rs 4.77 LPA.
The detailed information regarding the placement is given below:
|1||No. of students registered for placement||36|
|2||No. of offers received||26|
|3||% of offers received||72.2%|
- For the candidates who are willing to take the benefits of scholarships can do that through the right channels which include the scholarships sanctioned by the state government as well as the central government of India which are listed on the National Scholarship Portal.
- Another benefit the candidate can avail after joining IIITDM Kurnool is that the student from another state can also apply for the home state’s scholarships.
Fee Structure for B.Tech at IIITDM Kurnool
The candidates who join the IIITDM would need to pay around INR 1.2 lacs for the first semester. The elaborative breakup is given below:
|Tuition Fee (per Year)||59,400|
|Other Fees (per Year)||25,800|
|Hostel Fee (per Year)||10,700|
|Mess Advance (per Semester)||15,400|
IIITDM Kurnool FAQs
Last updated on September 21st, 2020 at 11:35 am
Ans: Candidates willing to take admission in B.Tech Program at IIITDM Kurnool would need to apply for and qualify the JEE Main exam. Admissions to all the B.Tech programs are strictly done on the basis of JEE Main score.
Last updated on September 21st, 2020 at 11:36 am
Ans.The finance department in the institute will help with the scholarship application form, after which the candidate can avail the benefits of the scholarship or concession on the tuition fee.