Last updated on November 19th, 2020 at 10:22 am
Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design and Manufacturing, Kurnool (IIITDM Kurnool) started functioning from 2015, under the mentorship of IIITDM Kancheepuram (Tamil Nadu). This institution is in its early years and has been fully funded by the Ministry of Education.
- The courses offered at IIITDM Kurnool includes B. Tech. in 3 streams and admission to them is offered on the basis of JEE Main Scores.
- Till now the IIITDM Kurnool has seen an entry of 4 batches starting from 2016. Thus, its first batch has passed out in the year of 2019.
- The Institute admitted 125 students for B. Tech. courses in Computer Science & Engineering (CSE), Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECE) and Mechanical Engineering (ME).
IIITDM Kurnool Highlights
The main highlights of IIITDM Kurnool have been listed below for an easier understanding of the institute in a concise way:
|Full Name||Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design and Manufacturing, Kurnool|
|Total seats (2020 Intake)||150|
|Accepted entrance exam||JEE Main|
|Mode of Education||Full Time|
IIITDM Kurnool: B.Tech. Admissions via JEE Main
The candidates who are willing to pursue their B. Tech degree from IIITDM Kurnool will need to first clear the JEE Mains exam and sit through the JoSAA Counselling in order to book a seat for a specific course.
B.Tech. Courses Offered
Currently, Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design and Manufacturing, Kurnool offers admission in the following 3 B. Tech. specializations-
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- IIT Jammu: Fee Structure for B.Tech Courses
- Why Should One Choose for IIIT Hyderabad for B.Tech Courses?
Eligibility for B.Tech
- As far as the eligibility criteria go, the candidates who want to take admission in IIITDM Kurnool must have passed the JEE (Main) Examination.
- The candidates must have secured at least 75% marks in the 10+2 class or must be in the category-wise top 20 percentile whereas the students belonging to the SC, ST and PwD need to score at least 65%.
IIITDM Kurnool Cut Off for Top B.Tech. Courses
The opening and closing ranks of IIITDM Kurnool are important for the candidates to get an idea about where they need to be in terms of the competition. The cut-offs are finalized after all the rounds of JoSAA Counselling is conducted for all IIITs. Given below is are the IIITDM Kurnool Cut Off for a general category:
|Course||Cut Off Ranks 2020||Cut Off Ranks 2019|
|Computer Science and Engineering||32039||31,638|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||40410||35,951|
Study at IIITDM Kurnool during COVID-19
While there is no doubt that the education of students might have taken a hit due to the current pandemic of COVID-19. However, IIITDM-Kurnool has taken appreciable steps to maintain regular educational activity for the students remotely.
- The classes at Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design and Manufacturing, Kurnool are being conducted online, with regular classes after the summer vacations.
- The college has ensured that the students and faculty members are constantly being educated on COVID-19 and motivated them to take part in research activities for the development of PPE Kits or other creative ideas.
Why Should You Choose IIITDM Kurnool?
Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design and Manufacturing, Kurnool is the hub of information technology, where anyone seeking good education can recognize how great they are.
- The Cut Off is much less compared to top engineering colleges in India, thus, the candidate will be able to attach a brand of the institution with national importance.
- The college placements have shown great progress in recent years.
- The institute has well experienced and highly qualified faculty who are highly skilled in their respective fields.
- NIT Delhi: Fee Structure for UG Courses
- IIIT Delhi: Eligibility Criteria, Admission Process and More
IIITDM Kurnool Cut Off for B.Tech Specializations
The IIITDM Kurnool Cut Off 2020 for all of its B.Tech streams are given below.
Computer Science and Engineering
|Category||Cut Off Ranks (OR-CR)|
Electronics & Communication Engineering
|Category||Cut Off Ranks (OR-CR)|
Mechanical – Design and Manufacturing
|Category||Cut Off Ranks (OR-CR)|
Faculty at IIITDM Kurnool
The college has well-qualified faculty members who are highly skilled in their respective fields.
- It has a large and diverse faculty and most of them are PhD scholars in their respective fields.
- Students at IIITDM Kurnool have recommended the faculty as highly competent and friendly.
- Few reputed faculty members of the institution are listed below:
|Faculty of ECE||Faculty of CSE||Faculty of ME|
|Dr. Eswaramoorthy K. V.||Prof. D.V.L.N. Somayajulu||Dr. J. Krishnaiah|
|Dr. Mohamed Asan Basiri M.||Dr. Renjith P.||Dr. Muvvala Pullarao|
|Mr. Jayaram Reddy M.K.||Dr. Preeth R.||Dr. Mani Prakash|
Various Facilities Provided at IIITDM Kurnool
Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design and Manufacturing, Kurnool is one of the leading technical and eminent institutes of the country. The institute offers many facilities to the students and is known for its excellent placement records and has highly qualified faculty.
- The institute hosts a library with over 1000+ resources.
- Moreover, the library also has a large collection of online e-books which can be accessed through the central portal for students.
- Hostel Facility:
- The institute offers separate hostels for both boys and girls in the campus. * There are various facilities available at the hostel like fresh drinking water, 24*7 security, canteen area, sports, gym, etc.
- Banks and ATMs:
- IIITDM Kurnool also has a bank and ATM in the campus itself.
Latest News Updates
- Key Takeaways From Education Minister’s Webinar On JEE Main 2021 Examination
- JEE Main 2021: Live Session With Education Minister Extended To December 10th
- Uttarakhand Government To Provide Free Coaching Classes For JEE Aspirants
- JEE Main 2021: Mr Ramesh Pokhriyal Directs NTA to Draft a Fresh Syllabus
- JEE Main 2021 Delayed Till February, JEE Advanced 2021 Syllabus Being Reviewed
IIITDM Kurnool Placements
Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design and Manufacturing, Kurnool in 2018-2019 held its first placements session since its inception.
IIITDM Kurnool Recruitment 2019 Highlights:
|1||No. of students registered for placement||36|
|2||No. of offers received||26|
|3||Percentage of offers received||72.2%|
|4||Highest Salary Offered||INR 10.5 LPA|
|5||Average Salary Offered||INR 4.77 LPA|
Some of the top recruiters were Wipro, Gavs Tech, Shriram Value and PayPal. Other than the 26 placement offers, 45 students received summer internship offers as well.
IIITDM Kurnool Scholarships
- For the candidates who are willing to take the benefits of scholarships can do that through the right channels which include the scholarships sanctioned by the state government as well as the central government of India which are listed on the National Scholarship Portal.
- Another benefit the candidate can avail after joining IIITDM Kurnool is that the student from another state can also apply for the home state’s scholarships.
IIITDM Kurnool Fee Structure for B.Tech Courses
The candidates who join the IIITDM would need to pay around INR 1.2 lacs for the first semester. The elaborative breakup of IIITDM Kurnool fees is given below:
|Tuition Fee (per Year)||59,400|
|Other Fees (per Year)||25,800|
|Hostel Fee (per Year)||10,700|
|Mess Advance (per Semester)||15,400|
IIITDM Kurnool FAQs
Last updated on November 18th, 2020 at 04:48 pm
Answer: IIITDM Kurnool campus is around 12 kms away from Kurnool City Railway Station so you can take an auto rickshaw from the railway station to reach the college campus.
Last updated on November 18th, 2020 at 04:49 pm
Answer: Yes, you can get admission in CSE with 20,000 rank as the cut off for 2020 is from 9476-32039.
Last updated on September 21st, 2020 at 11:35 am
Ans: Candidates willing to take admission in B.Tech Program at IIITDM Kurnool would need to apply for and qualify the JEE Main exam. Admissions to all the B.Tech programs are strictly done on the basis of JEE Main score.
Last updated on September 21st, 2020 at 11:36 am
Ans.The finance department in the institute will help with the scholarship application form, after which the candidate can avail the benefits of the scholarship or concession on the tuition fee.