Last updated on November 17th, 2020 at 03:42 pm
Indian Institute of Information Technology, Surat was established by MHRD in 2017. The institute is funded by State Government and industry partners Gujarat Narmada Fertilizer Corporation (GNFC), Gujarat Informatics Limited (GIL) and Gujarat Gas Limited (GAL) under the public-private partnership (PPP) model. The first batch was enrolled in IIIT Surat in 2017-18 and is set to graduate in 2021.
- Presently, the institute is operational from its temporary premises at Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology (SVNIT) Surat.
- The construction of IIIT Surat permanent campus is in progress and it is getting constructed on 50 acres of land.
- The college has a total of 132 seats offered in B.Tech program in all different streams..
- Admissions to these courses at IIIT Surat are offered on the basis of the national level entrance JEE Main and counselling is done through JoSAA.
- Hostel facilities to the students of IIIT Surat are currently being offered by SVNIT.
IIIT Surat: Highlights
|Type of Programs||B. Tech|
|Admission Criteria||JEE Main|
|Type||Public-Private Partnership (PPP)|
|Mode of education||Regular|
|Popular courses||UG (B. Tech)|
IIIT Surat: B.Tech Admission via JEE Main
IIIT Surat offers various undergraduate and postgraduate programs under different specializations. The admission procedure for B.Tech courses is the same as other IIITs and JoSAA participating institutions i.e. via seat allocation by JoSAA Counselling.
B.Tech Courses Offered
Currently, IIIT Surat offers B.Tech course under two different specializations:
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineer
Eligibility Criteria for B.Tech
To be eligible for admission at IIIT Surat, Candidates have to clear certain eligibility criteria given below:
- The candidates who passed 10+2 or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as compulsory subjects from a recognized board are eligible for admission at IIIT Surat.
- In addition to this, candidates have to qualify JEE Main Cut Off too.
- Final admission will be done through JoSAA counselling. Candidates after clearing JEE Main have to apply for JoSAA through online mode and select the IIIT as their choice.
IIIT Surat Cut Off 2020 for Top B.Tech Courses
IIIT Surat cut off for various B.Tech courses are tabulated below:
|Courses||2020 Cut Off Ranks (OR-CR)||2019 Cut Off Ranks (OR-CR)||2018 Cut Off Ranks (OR-CR)|
|B.Tech Computer Science and Engineering||9337-22325||9199-18473||5965-17293|
|B.Tech Electronics and Communication Engineering||9504-31143||15860-24967||17842-24555|
Study At IIIT Surat during COVID-19
To promote regular teaching during the COVID-19 outbreak, IIIT Surat has also started offering online classes to the students. The students are advised to stay at home and not come to campus until further notice.
- Recently two budding engineers of the Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT), Surat have developed a Covid-19 scanner that helps in identifying a potential patient without any need for a human to directly come in contact with the latter.
- This artificial intelligence-based technology product is developed by the second year students of engineering who were working remotely from Bikaner in Rajasthan and Ropar in Punjab. They utilized their available time to lower the spread of coronavirus.
- IIIT Surat is planning to approach the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) for funds to further develop a scanner for professional use.
Why Choose IIIT Surat?
The college offers courses which are flexible and the project based teaching methodology is used in the college.
- The institute has well experienced and highly qualified faculty who are highly skilled in their respective fields.
- The main focus is laid on the academic excellence of the students at the Indian Institute of Information Technology, Surat campus. The institute provides industrial practices also.
- IIIT Surat has a central placement cell which trains students for various recruitment drives and interview sessions.
IIIT Surat Cut Off 2020 For B. Tech Specializations
Indian Institute of Information Technology, Surat offers B.Tech program in different specializations. Tabulated below are IIIT Surat Cut Off 2020 for different B.Tech courses. Computer Science and Engineering
Electronics & Communication Engineering
IIIT Surat: Reservation
JoSAA (Joint Seat Allocation Authority) is responsible for the allotment of seats through JEE Main at various courses at different IIITs all over the country. Check the reservation criteria as below-
Faculty at IIIT Surat
The Indian Institute of Information Technology, Surat appoints highly qualified professors, the majority of them hold a PhD in their respective field of study. Since the institute is mentored by Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology, Surat, students can judge the teaching standards offered here. Some of the guest faculty members include:
Computer Science and Engineering:
- Dr. M. A. Zaveri
- Mr. R. P. Gohil
- Dr. S. J. Patel
- Mr. VivekChampaneria
- Mr. Bhavin Rana
- Mrs. Ami Trivedi, etc.
Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Dr. J. N. Sarvaiya
- Dr. A. D. Darji
- Dr. P. N. Patel
- Dr. Z. M. Patel
- Dr. S. N. Shah
- Dr. K. P. Upla,
- Dr. V.H. Pradhan
- Dr. R. K. Jana
Latest News Updates
Various Facilities Provided at IIIT Surat
- Currently, IIIT Surat has limited facilities. However, more facilities will come up with the establishment of the new campus.
- The facilities provided at the temporary campus are top-notch laboratories and library facilities.
- The institute has a digital library that consists of Springer ebooks.
- IIT Patna: Admissions via JEE Advanced, Placements and More
- IIT Mandi: Faculty and Facilities Offered
IIIT Surat Placements
Since, the college has established recently and it has not witnessed any pass outs yet. There is no such placement record. The first batch of students will complete their B. Tech course in 2021.
However, the placement cell of the institute is working harder to prepare the students for the upcoming placements which are scheduled to be held in 2021. IIIT Surat placements will have its first performance data in 2021.
IIIT Surat Scholarships
Students while studying at IIIT Surat are eligible to apply for several national and state-level scholarships. The scholarship amount will be given to them only in case they meet the eligibility criteria. The scholarship provides financial assistance to the students so that they can complete their education smoothly.
The following scholarship schemes are available at the institute:
- Loksabha Research Fellowships
- National Scholarship
- Rajasthan Government Scholarship
- Uttar Pradesh Government Scholarship
- Madhya Pradesh Scholarship
- Gujarat Scholarship
- Bihar Scholarship
- Jharkhand Scholarship
IIIT Surat Fee Structure for B.Tech Courses
The total IIIT Surat fees for B.Tech courses is given in the table below:
Indian Institute of Information Technology, Surat FAQs
Answer: According to the 2020 cut off, you can get admission in CSE branch with 11,000 rank.
Answer: Yes, you can get a seat in Electronics and Communication Engineering with 15.000 rank.
Ans.A candidate must have completed Class 12 from a recognized board with Mathematics and Physics as compulsory subjects. The minimum score should not be less than 75% aggregate.
Ans.The selection of candidates depends on the marks and rank they score in JEE Main examination followed by JoSAA counseling.
Ans.The total estimated course fee for the B. Tech course is INR 5.65 lakhs.
Ans.Yes, in case you meet the minimum eligibility criteria, you are eligible to get considered under the reservation category. The institute follows seat reservation for SC, ST, OBC and PwD candidates as per the rules of the Government of India
Ans.Yes, in case you meet the eligibility criteria, then you can avail scholarship. There are several scholarships available for the qualifying students.