Last updated on August 20th, 2021 by user
Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) Sri City, Chittoor is an Institute of National Importance established by MHRD, GoI in 2013 by an Act of Parliament. Similar to other IIITs in India, IIIT Sri City was set up as PPP or Public-Private Partnership between Andhra Pradesh State Government and Industry Partners represented by Sri City Foundations.>
- IIIT Sri City Campus is a huge lush green campus located in an integral part of Sri City.
- Sri City is an industrial city comprising over 180 companies from different sectors which also visits the campus for recruitments.
- The institute has all the regular faculty members who are PhD qualified.
- Also, the institute has several clubs and committees for the students to take part in.
- In terms of IIIT Sri City placements, more than 70% of students are placed in top companies with the highest CTC going up to INR 21 LPA.
- IIIT Sri City admissions for B.Tech courses are conducted via JEE Main Scores and JoSAA Counselling.
Even though the college is unranked in top engineering colleges of India as per NIRF, it is still considered a great institution for technical education. Also Check>
IIIT Sri City Highlights
|Established | Type||2013 | PPP|
|Type of Programs||UG, PG, Research|
|Popular Courses||B.Tech, M.Tech|
|Eligibility Criteria||B.Tech – 10+2 with Science stream|
|Top Recruiters||Amazon, Deloitte, HP, TCS, IBM etc.|
IIIT Sri City: B.Tech Admissions via JEE Main 2021
IIIT Sri City admissions for B.Tech courses are done on the basis of ranks in JEE Main Results. After completion of examinations, candidates are required to register for counselling with JoSAA or Joint Seat Allocation Authority which allots seats on the basis of All India Ranks of candidates. The detailed admission process is described below:>
- After the JEE Main exam, candidates have to register for online counselling through JoSAA or CSAB and choose the institute of their choice.
- JoSAA then releases the cut off for JEE Main for various B.Tech specialisations.
- For IIITs, there are usually 6-7 JEE Main Counselling rounds and the institute has no role in the same.
- Candidates are purely admitted only if they qualify the cut-offs as given by JoSAA.
After clearing the cut-offs, candidates are eligible for admission at Indian Institute of Information Technology Sri City. However, eligible candidates then need to verify their documents with the college. After verification, candidates need to pay an admission fee to confirm their admission. For International Students, admission is done through DASA or Direct Admission Student Abroad Program.>
B. Tech Courses Offered
Indian Institute of Information Technology Sri City offers B.Tech in two specialisations:>
However, Indian Institute of Information Technology Sri City is planning to increase its number of courses soon. Also read >
- What Courses You Can Opt at IIIT Surat?
- Advantage of Pursuing Dual Degree (B.Tech + M.Tech) in IIT Kanpur
Eligibility Criteria for B.Tech
- Candidates are required to pass Class XII with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as core subjects.
- Next, candidates are required to clear JEE Main Cut Off 2021.
- Eligibility Criteria in NIT Calicut through JEE Main
- IIIT Hyderabad: B.Tech Courses and Their Cut Offs
IIIT Sri City Cut Off for Top B.Tech Courses
Since IIIT Sri City offers only two specialisations in B.Tech, both are considered its top B.Tech courses. On one hand, this is a drawback as students do not have many options here. On the other hand, it is also an advantage as the core faculty can focus on all-round development in these two main specializations. Given below are Indian Institute of Information Technology Sri City Cut Off from JoSAA Counselling 2020 (Round 6) for the general category –>
|Courses||Opening Ranks||Closing Ranks|
|Computer Science Engineering||14201||28394|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||27789||35758|
The increasing numbers show that there has been lesser competition for the seats at IIIT Sri City. However, the college does have top standards in terms of imparting education in the right manner. Also Check:>
Why Choose IIIT Sri City?
- IIIT Sri City, Chittoor is one of the premier institutes offering courses in technical education in the country established by the MHRD.
- Also, IIIT Sri City Campus is spread over an area of 81 acres, along with hostels for students, library, laboratories, sports facilities, gym etc.
- Many top companies visit the campus to recruit IIIT Sri City students like Amazon, Deloitte, EY, Flipkart etc.
- The institute has several clubs – technological, social and cultural- for the students. These clubs organize different activities and workshops for the students.
Also Read >
- Why Should One Choose NIT Warangal Over Other NITs?
- NIT Trichy Could Be Your Best Alternative To IITs
IIIT Sri City Cut Off 2021 For B.Tech Courses
After the JEE Main entrance exam, JoSAA releases cutoffs for admission into different B.Tech streams at different colleges. These cut-offs are released for each counselling round, till the seats are left vacant. Given below are IIIT Sri City Cut Off 2020 for JoSAA Counselling Round 6, for admission into B.Tech at IIIT Sri City. Also read:>
Computer Science and Engineering (Round 6)
|Categories||Opening Rank||Closing Rank|
Electronics and Communication Engineering (Round 6)
|Categories||Opening Rank||Closing Rank|
Also Check >
IIIT Sri City: Reservations
At IIIT Sri City, a number of seats are reserved for candidates belonging to reserved categories as per JoSAA. To be eligible to take admissions for these reserved seats, candidates are required to mention the category they belong to while registering for JEE Main exam. The reservation criteria are as follows->
- The batches at IIIT Sri City are pretty large with 210 intakes in B.Tech CSE and 75 intakes in B.Tech ECE.
- There are no separate reservations for female candidates.
Faculty at IIIT Sri City
IIIT Sri City has highly qualified and dedicated faculty members. The Faculty members not only help them through academics but also encourage them to undertake various extracurricular activities. Also, the institute has regular faculty and visiting faculty. Most of the faculty members have completed their PHDs in respective fields from reputed institutes. The details of the faculty members are given below:>
- Assistant Professor-14
- Associate Professor- 4
- Visiting Faculty- 18
Various Facilities Provided by IIIT Sri City
IIIT Sri City provides a lot of facilities to their students for making their life at college easy and memorable. Some of these facilities are mentioned below:>
- Student Council: IIIT Sri City has a Student Council managed by students only. The council helps to coordinate extracurricular activities, events, sports activities etc.
- Hostel and Mess: The institute currently has 3 boys hostels, 1 girls hostel, mess and a Hostel and Mess Committee. The committee consists of a warden and student members. The committee decides the menu of the mess and looks into hostel related queries of the students.
- Library: The institute has a library spread over an area of 1905 sq. m. The library has over 2000 books and other textbooks for the students.
- Technical Clubs: The College also has several technical clubs like Cybersecurity Club, Programming Club, IoT club, IOTA, Data Science Club and Machine Learning club for the students. These clubs are formed by students having an interest in different areas. These clubs conduct various workshops and activities for the students.
- Cultural Clubs: The Institute also has several cultural clubs like a dance club, photography club, arts and design club, etc. These clubs participate in various competitions and also conduct workshops and activities for the students.
- Unnat Bharat Abhiyan: It is a flagship programme initiated by the Government of India for educational institutions. Under this, institutes and students are encouraged to work with rural people to enable sustainable growth.
Also Read >
- What Facilities are available at IIT Madras?
- Facilities at IIT Ropar
- Delayed Till February, JEE Advanced 2021 Syllabus Being Reviewed
IIIT Sri City Placements
Indian Institute of Information Technology Sri City has a dedicated placement cell which helps students get various internship and placement opportunities. Students at IIIT Sri City are prepared right from their first year to be ready for future placements. IIIT Sri City placement cell also conducts various soft skill programs such as for aptitude and reasoning for the students before the companies visit for placements. Given below are some of the IIIT Sri City Placement Highlights:>
- Third-year students are required to do mandatory summer internships.
- Students are also required to undergo mandatory semester year-long internships.
Internship Highlights 2020
|Number of students (Semester Long Internships)||83|
|Duration of Internship||4-6 months|
|Stipend of Internship||INR 10,000 to INR 70,000|
|Top Recruiters||Microsoft, Amazon, EY, Deloitte, Go Ibibo etc.|
- IIIT Sri City placement cell offers part-time jobs to students as research and teaching assistants as a way of providing financial aid to students.
- Various companies visit the IIIT Sri City campus for placements like multinational companies, start-ups, cutting edge technology computer science companies, etc. Students are also encouraged to begin their own start-ups.
- Some of the top recruiters include- Google, Amazon, Cisco, IBM, TCS, Grofers, Paypal, HP, Deloitte, Flipkart, Intel etc.
Also Read >
Scholarships Offered by IIIT Sri City
IIIT Sri City also provides students with different financial aid schemes. To avail, these schemes candidates need to have a PAN Card. Some of these are mentioned below:>
- Government Fee Reimbursement Schemes: Many state governments provide reimbursement schemes for students belonging to reserved categories from their respective state. Eligible students can apply for the same by visiting their state’s government’s websites.
- National Scholarship Scheme for ST Students: This scheme is implemented by the Ministry of Tribal Affairs, GoI for candidates belonging to ST categories.
IIIT Sri City Fee Structure For B.Tech Courses
For B.Tech students at Indian Institute of Information Technology Sri City, the fees charged is different for JoSAA students and DASA Students separately. The IIIT Sri City fees for Academic Year 2020-2021 is given below:>
For JoSAA Students
|Tuition Fee||INR 1,15,000|
|Hostel Charges||INR 15,000 (double occupancy)|
|Mess Fee||INR 17,000 (as per consumption)|
|Admission Fees||INR 15,000|
|Caution Money||INR 15,000|
Also Check |>
- IIIT Vadodara: Fee Structure for B.Tech Courses
- VNIT Nagpur: Scholarships, Fees, and More
- Fee Structure, Scholarships for IIT Jodhpur
IIIT Sri City FAQs
Ans: JEE Main exam 2020 will be conducted from 1st September 2020 to 6th September 2020 as per NTA. NTA has also confirmed that the JEE Main 2020 exam will not be postponed any further.
Ans: The college does not establish any minimum eligibility criteria as such. However, to get admission into B.Tech CSE at IIIT Sri City, candidates have to appear for JEE Main examination. Eligibility for admission at Sri City will be established on the basis of clearing the qualifying cut-offs of JEE Main exam.