Last updated on September 17th, 2020 at 04:18 pm
Indian Institute of Information Technology, Sonepat (or IIIT Sonepat) is an Institution of National Importance constituted by the efforts of MHRD of Government of India, Partnered Public/Private sector concerns, and Government of Haryana State.
- The college is operating its transit campus inside the campus of IIT Delhi Sonepat Campus at the Techno Park (I-TEC), Sonepat from 2019.
- IIIT Sonepat only offers two UG courses under 2 specializations namely, Information Technology Engineering and Computer Science and Engineering.
- Admissions at Indian Institute of Information Technology, Sonepat takes place through the JEE Main entrance exam managed by National Testing Agency (NTA).
- It offers special scholarships and financial aid to the students belonging to reserved category and have exceptional academic achievements.
- Around 22 recruiters participated in the recruitment drive conducted till date.
Also Check How Good is CSE at IIIT Bhubaneswar?
IIIT Sonepat: Highlights
|Mentor Institution||National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra|
|Set by||MHRD of India and Haryana State Government|
|Type of Courses||Undergraduate Courses|
|Courses||B.Tech. Information Technology and B.Tech. Computer Science|
|Admission Criteria||Scores in JEE Main Entrance and 10+2 exam|
|Location||IIT Delhi, Techno Park (I-TEC), Sonepat|
Get more information on JEE Main Cut Off 2020 (Announced)
IIIT Sonepat: B.Tech Admission Through JEE Main
Indian Institute of Information Technology, Sonepat offers two B.Tech. specialized courses in specializations like Information Technology and Computer Science and Engineering. All the Admission proceedings are based on the Entrance scores/ranking secured in the JEE Main Entrance exam.
B.Tech Courses Offered
Currently, IIIT Sonepat offers two undergraduate B.Tech under two specializations-
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Information Technology
Also Check: List Of B.Tech Courses Offered by IIIT Bangalore
Eligibility for B.Tech
- The candidates who passed 10+2 or equivalent with minimum 75% of marks in aggregate from a recognized board are eligible for admission at IIIT Sonepat.
- In addition to this, to get admission at IIIT Sonepat, candidates have to qualify JEE Main Cut Off too.
- Final admission will be done through JoSAA counselling. Candidates after clearing JEE Main have to apply for JoSAA through online mode and select the IIIT Ranchi as their choice.
Also read, Top GFTIs Cut Off for 2019
Admission Process for B.Tech.
The application process towards getting admitted into the B.Tech. courses offered by IIIT Sonepat are:
- Visit the official site of the JoSAA at https://josaa.nic.in/.
- Click after locating the ‘Registration Link’.
- Use the roll number and password designated for the JEE Main entrance exam.
- Duly fill the details pertaining to all the mandated fields appearing on the form.
- Cross check the form and submit it.
- Under preferred institutes, one needs to choose IIIT Sonepat as their choice in order to get admitted here if eligible at the time of JoSAA Counselling.
- The eligible candidate if the seats are available for their score/ranking, then will get a provisional allotment order for admission in the B.Tech. course chosen by the candidate.
- The seat confirmation will be made only after making the applicable fees for the seat allocation.
IIIT Sonepat Cut Off for Top B.Tech Courses
For securing the admission into the B.Tech. courses offered by Indian Institute of Information Technology, Sonepat, there are some opening and closing ranks (JEE Main Cut Offs) that the candidates need to secure in the JoSAA Counselling. Since JEE Main Cut Offs for 2020 are not released, JEE Main Cut Offs for the academic years 2018 and 2019 are given below.
|Programs||2019 JEE Main Cut Off (Opening- Closing)||2018 JEE Main Cut Off (Opening- Closing)|
|Information Technology||20635-25334||23401- 34086|
|Computer Science and Engineering||15121-20758||21139- 29729|
Study at IIIT Sonepat during COVID-19
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic situation prevailing across the whole globe including India, the education system and its teaching methods have drastically changed from offline mode to online mode in order to ensure the social distancing and break the chain of the Coronavirus spread. This is true at IIIT Sonepat too.
- Indian Institute of Information Technology, Sonepat has adopted this way of online teaching for some of the important and needed topics falling under the diverse subjects of both the B.Tech. specialized courses.
- The institute has made this online teaching possible by making the various study materials available in its official site at http://iiitsonepat.ac.in/online-notes. These study materials are available in the format of date wise lecture notes.
- Some of the subjects covered in this online lecture are: Communication Skills; Mathematics; DE Combinational Circuit; Web Designing; Application Programming; and Data Structures.
Why Choose IIIT Sonepat?
Some of the facts that attract the candidates towards Indian Institute of Information Technology, Sonepat are as follows:
- IIIT Sonepat is an exclusive IIIT institution that was established by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) under Indian Government after the establishment of IIITs at Jabalpur, Gwalior, Kancheepuram, and Allahabad.
- Indian Institute of Information Technology, Sonepat was established exclusively for Information Technology and its allied disciplines on the basis of PPP Model with national reputation.
- The Tuition fee is relatively less than most of the IIITs in India but able to provide quality education and place the candidates in a reputed concern. The Tuition fee charged is around INR 70,000 per year.
- You get an assured placement after pursuing the course at IIIT Sonepat. The Peak CTC ranges up to INR 40.63 Lakhs Per Annum with a good placement record of 82% in the last year.
- This Institution doesn’t take Gender or nativity into consideration for JEE Main score for the sake of Admission.
IIIT Sonepat Cut Off For B.Tech. Specializations
Tabulated below are IIIT Sonepat Cut Off 2019 for different B.Tech courses at Indian Institute of Information Technology, Sonepat. The cut off ranks are from official JoSAA Round 7, with opening and closing ranks.
|Category||Cut Off Ranks (OR-CR)|
Computer Science and Engineering
|Category||Cut Off Ranks (OR-CR)|
|General PwD||310- 310|
IIIT Sonepat: Reservation
Admission at IIIT Sonepat B.Tech. courses are decided majorly on the communal reservation which is being adhered in the JoSAA Counselling. The indicative and maximum reservation that the candidates belonging to the various communal categories are tabulated below.
|Category||Reservation of Seats in Percentage|
|OBC (in the non-creamy layer)||27 %|
|PwDs with 40% or more disability||5 %|
|General EWS||10 %|
Faculty at IIIT Sonepat
As Far as the Teaching Faculties at IIIT Sonepat are concerned, the Teaching Faculties at National Institute of Technology (NIT) Kurukshetra takes care of all the Teaching needs at IIIT Sonepat being the mentoring institution of it.
Faculties from the department of Computer Engineering cover all the subjects found in the B.Tech. Information Technology and B.Tech. Computer Science and Engineering courses. Stats of the Teaching Faculties available are as follows:
- Dr. Mayank Dave leads the Computer Engineering Department as the Head of the Department, who is the Ph.D. holder himself and a senior active member of IEEE.
- There are totally 29 Faculties in this Department.
- 5 of the faculties are Professors and each of them hold the Doctorate Degrees in their respective field of study.
- 24 of the faculties are Assistant Professors and 14 out of 24 Assistant Professors hold the Doctorate Degrees in their respective fields. Assistant Professors count includes both the 16 regular and 8 Non-regular faculty members serving IIIT Sonepat.
Latest News Updates
- JEE Main 2020 Admit Card Released on Jeemain.nic.in. Download Now
- JEE Main 2020 Day 1: Check Exam Updates and JEE Main Paper Analysis
- Registrations For JoSAA Counselling To Begin From 6th October
- Check JEE Main Participating Colleges
- JEE Advanced 2020: Revised Schedule Released, Registration Starts from 11 September
Various Facilities Provided at IIIT Sonepat Campus
Some of the facilities that IIIT Sonepat offers its students and faculty members are listed below.
- Bank Facility with ATM: Various Banking needs get sorted with the bank established within the campus. Also, there is an ATM to cater the cash needs.
- Auditorium: Auditorium with seating capacity of 500 members is available to serve all the gathering purposes like fest and academic events, etc.
- Hostel: It has a well furnished and decent hospital facility for both boys and girls studying in the institution.
- Laboratory: Being the IT Domain Institution, IIIT Sonepat features a laboratory that has a variety of advanced and sophisticated software hardware for training the candidates during their lab sessions.
IIIT Sonepat: Placement Report
IIIT Sonepat offers decent placement opportunities to the candidates ever since its first batch of B.Tech. passed out Students in 2018.
|Average CTC (INR)||8.19 Lakhs Per Annum||6.44 Lakhs Per Annum|
|Higher CTC (INR)||40.63 Lakhs Per Annum||23.84 Lakhs Per Annum|
|Top Recruiters||Adobe, Posist Technology, Osmosys Software Solution Pvt. Ltd, IBM, Maq Software, Oyo Rooms etc.|
Scholarships Offered by IIIT Sonepat
The scholarships offered by IIIT Sonepat primarily depend on the scholarship schemes available to NIT Kurukshetra, the mentoring institution of IIIT Sonepat. Some of the scholarship schemes made available to students of IIIT Sonepat through NIT Kurukshetra are as follows:
Merit-cum and means Scholarships: These scholarships will be awarded to the meritorious candidates of IIIT Sonepat by keeping in mind the financial status of the meritorious candidates. Some of these Merit-cum and means scholarship schemes are:
- Scholarship Scheme of National Fellowship and scholarship by Government of India for ST Students Higher Education
- Haryana SC Scholarship
- NSP ST Scholarship
- BR Ambedkar National Merit Award
- New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarship
- Samsung Star Scholar
Communal Category based Scholarships: These scholarships are awarded by the Government of India directly to the needy candidates of specific communal categories, preferably ST Students of IIIT Sonepat. Some facts for these communal category-based scholarships are:
- This scholarship might cover him the tuition fees of up to INR 2 Lakhs Per Annum.
- Financial assistance in terms of account transfer of up to INR 2,200 will be disbursed to the ST Candidates on the monthly basis.
- Provision to get financial aids of up to INR 3,000 annually for books and stationary goods.
- The needy ST Students are entitled to get financial assistance to buy any computer system including the accessories for it. The ceiling for this financial assistance is set at INR 45,000 during the span of the entire course taken up by the students.
Tuition Fees for Courses Offered at IIIT Sonepat
Given below is the fee structure at IIIT Sonepat for all categories. There is no exemption in any fees for SC/ST students. However, students might get a waiver in tuition fees in 3rd or 4th year.
|One Time Fees||Rs. 10,000|
|Tuition Fees||Rs. 90,000|
|Caution Money||Rs. 2,000|
|Other Fees||Rs. 10,500|
|Hostel Fees||Rs. 31,000|
IIIT Sonepat FAQs
Last updated on September 17th, 2020 at 03:11 pm
Ans. No, you cannot be admitted in the B.Tech. course offered by IIIT Sonepat if I score less than 75 percent in my 10+2 examination since the admission via JEE Mains requires the 10+2 percentage to be 75 or more percent.
Last updated on September 17th, 2020 at 03:12 pm
Ans: Candidates willing to take admission in B.Tech Program at IIIT Sonepat would need to apply for and qualify the JEE Main exam. Admissions to all the B.Tech programs are strictly done on the basis of JEE Main score.