Last updated on November 20th, 2020 at 03:38 pm
Indian Institute of Information Technology, Sonepat (or IIIT Sonepat) is an Institution of National Importance constituted by the efforts of MHRD of Government of India, Partnered Public/Private sector concerns, and Government of Haryana State. It was established in 2014.
- The college has been operating its transit campus inside the IIT Delhi Sonepat Campus at the Techno Park (I-TEC), Sonepat.
- IIIT Sonepat only offers two undergraduate B.Tech courses under 2 specializations.
- Admissions at the Indian Institute of Information Technology, Sonepat takes place through the JEE Main entrance exam.
- It offers special scholarships and financial aid to the students belonging to reserved category and has exceptional academic achievements.
- Around 22 recruiters participated in the recruitment drive conducted till date.
IIIT Sonepat: Highlights
|Mentor Institution||National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra|
|Type of Courses||2 Undergraduate Courses|
|Admission Criteria||Scores in JEE Main Entrance and 10+2 exam|
|Location||IIT Delhi, Techno Park (I-TEC), Sonepat|
Get more information on JEE Main Cut Off 2020 (Announced)
IIIT Sonepat: B.Tech Admission via JEE Main
All the Admission proceedings at the Indian Institute of Information Technology, Sonepat are based on JEE Main results. Final admission will be done through JoSAA counselling 2021. Candidates after clearing JEE Main have to apply for JoSAA through online mode and select the IIIT Sonepat as their choice.
B.Tech Courses Offered
Currently, IIIT Sonepat offers two undergraduate B.Tech under two specializations-
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Information Technology
Eligibility for B.Tech
- The candidates who passed 10+2 or equivalent with minimum 75% of marks in aggregate from a recognized board are eligible for admission at IIIT Sonepat.
- In addition to this, to get admission at IIIT Sonepat, candidates have to qualify JEE Main Cut Off too.
IIIT Sonepat Cut Off for Top B.Tech Courses
For securing the admission into the B.Tech. courses offered by Indian Institute of Information Technology, Sonepat, there are some opening and closing ranks (JEE Main Cut Offs) that the candidates need to secure in the JoSAA Counselling. JEE Main Cut Offs for the academic years 2020 and 2019 are given below.
|Programs||2020 JEE Main Cut Off (Opening-Closing)||2019 JEE Main Cut Off (Opening- Closing)|
|Computer Science and Engineering||9711-17628||15121-20758|
Study at IIIT Sonepat during COVID-19
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic situation prevailing across the whole globe including India, the education system and its teaching methods have drastically changed from offline mode to online mode in order to ensure the social distancing and break the chain of the Coronavirus spread. This is true at IIIT Sonepat too.
- Indian Institute of Information Technology, Sonepat has adopted this way of online teaching for some of the important and needed topics falling under the diverse subjects of both the B.Tech. specialized courses.
- The institute has made this online teaching possible by making the various study materials available on its official site at http://iiitsonepat.ac.in/online-notes. These study materials are available in the format of date wise lecture notes.
- Some of the subjects covered in this online lecture are Communication Skills; Mathematics; DE Combinational Circuit; Web Designing; Application Programming; and Data Structures.
- IIIT Kalyani Admissions 2021, B.Tech Courses and More
- IIIT Bhagalpur: Admissions 2021, B.Tech Courses and More
Why Choose IIIT Sonepat?
Some of the facts that attract the candidates towards the Indian Institute of Information Technology, Sonepat are as follows:
- IIIT Sonepat is an exclusive IIIT that was established by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) under the Indian Government after the establishment of IIITs at Jabalpur, Gwalior, Kancheepuram, and Allahabad.
- Indian Institute of Information Technology, Sonepat was established exclusively for Information Technology and its allied disciplines on the basis of PPP Model with a national reputation.
- The Tuition fee is relatively less than most of the IIITs in India but able to provide quality education and place the candidates in a reputed concern. The Tuition fee charged is around INR 70,000 per year.
- You get an assured placement after pursuing the course at IIIT Sonepat. The institute had a good placement record of 82% in last year’s placements.
- This Institution doesn’t take Gender or nativity into consideration for JEE Main score for the sake of Admission.
IIIT Sonepat Cut Off For B.Tech Specializations
Tabulated below are IIIT Sonepat Cut Off 2020 for different B.Tech courses at the Indian Institute of Information Technology, Sonepat.
|Category||Cut Off Ranks (OR-CR)|
Computer Science and Engineering
|Category||Cut Off Ranks (OR-CR)|
IIIT Sonepat: Reservation
Admission at IIIT Sonepat B.Tech. courses are decided majorly on the communal reservation which is being adhered in the JoSAA Counselling. The indicative and maximum reservation that is given to the candidates belonging to the various communal categories is tabulated below.
|Category||Reservation of Seats in Percentage|
|OBC (in the non-creamy layer)||27 %|
|PwDs with 40% or more disability||5 %|
|General EWS||10 %|
IIIT Sonepat Faculty
The Teaching Faculties of the National Institute of Technology (NIT) Kurukshetra takes care of all the Teaching needs of IIIT Sonepat as it is the mentoring institution of IIIT Sonepat.
Faculties from the department of Computer Engineering cover all the subjects found in the B.Tech. Information Technology and B.Tech. Computer Science and Engineering courses. Stats of the Teaching Faculties available are as follows:
- Dr. Mayank Dave leads the Computer Engineering Department as the Head of the Department, who is the PhD holder himself and a senior active member of IEEE.
- There are a total of 29 Faculties in this Department.
- 5 of the faculties are Professors and each of them holds the Doctorate Degrees in their respective field of study.
- 24 of the faculties are Assistant Professors and 14 out of 24 Assistant Professors hold the Doctorate Degrees in their respective fields. Assistant Professors count includes both the 16 regular and 8 Non-regular faculty members serving IIIT Sonepat.
Latest News Updates
- JAC Delhi Counselling 2020: Spot Round Registrations Open Till 4th December
- JEE Main 2021: Live Session With Education Minister Extended To December 10th
- Uttarakhand Government To Provide Free Coaching Classes For JEE Aspirants
- JEE Main 2021: Mr Ramesh Pokhriyal Directs NTA to Draft a Fresh Syllabus
- JEE Main 2021 Delayed Till February, JEE Advanced 2021 Syllabus Being Reviewed
Various Facilities Provided at IIIT Sonepat
Some of the facilities that IIIT Sonepat offer its students and faculty members are listed below.
- Bank Facility with ATM: Various Banking needs get sorted with the bank established within the campus. Also, there is an ATM to cater the cash needs.
- Auditorium: Auditorium with a seating capacity of 500 members is available to serve all the gathering purposes like fest and academic events, etc.
- Hostel: It has a well-furnished and decent hospital facility for both boys and girls studying in the institution.
- Laboratory: Being the IT Domain Institution, IIIT Sonepat features a laboratory that has a variety of advanced and sophisticated software hardware for training the candidates during their lab sessions.
- NIT Hamirpur: JEE Main Cut Off 2020
- Various Scholarships Provided to B.Tech Students at IIIT Nagpur?
IIIT Sonepat Placements
IIIT Sonepat offers decent placement opportunities to the candidates ever since its first batch of B.Tech. passed out in 2018. Some of the top recruiters from 2019 included Adobe, Posist Technology, Osmosys Software Solution Pvt. Ltd, IBM, Maq Software, Oyo Rooms etc.
IIIT Sonepat Recruitment Highlights
|Average CTC (INR)||8.19 Lakhs Per Annum|
|Higher CTC (INR)||40.63 Lakhs Per Annum|
IIIT Sonepat Scholarships
The scholarships offered by IIIT Sonepat primarily depend on the scholarship schemes available to NIT Kurukshetra. Some of the scholarship schemes made available to students of IIIT Sonepat through NIT Kurukshetra are as follows:
- Merit-cum and means Scholarships: These scholarships will be awarded to the meritorious candidates of IIIT Sonepat by keeping in mind the financial status of the meritorious candidates. Some of these Merit-cum and means scholarship schemes are:
- Scholarship Scheme of National Fellowship and scholarship by Government of India for ST Students Higher Education
- Haryana SC Scholarship
- NSP ST Scholarship
- BR Ambedkar National Merit Award
- New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarship
- Samsung Star Scholar
- Communal Category based Scholarships: These scholarships are awarded by the Government of India directly to the needy candidates of specific communal categories, preferably ST Students of IIIT Sonepat. Some facts for these communal category-based scholarships are:
- This scholarship might cover him the tuition fees of up to INR 2 Lakhs Per Annum.
- Financial assistance in terms of account transfer of up to INR 2,200 will be disbursed to the ST Candidates on the monthly basis.
- Provision to get financial aids of up to INR 3,000 annually for books and stationery goods.
- The needy ST Students are entitled to get financial assistance to buy any computer system including the accessories for it. The ceiling for this financial assistance is set at INR 45,000 during the span of the entire course taken up by the students.
IIIT Sonepat Fee Structure for B.Tech Courses
Given below is the IIIT Sonepat fees for all categories. There is no exemption in any fees for SC/ST students. However, students might get a waiver in tuition fees in 3rd or 4th year.
|One Time Fees||Rs. 10,000|
|Tuition Fees||Rs. 90,000|
|Caution Money||Rs. 2,000|
|Other Fees||Rs. 10,500|
|Hostel Fees||Rs. 31,000|
IIIT Sonepat FAQs
Last updated on November 20th, 2020 at 02:55 pm
Answer: IIIT Sonepat is an institution established under public- private partnership model.
Last updated on November 20th, 2020 at 02:56 pm
Answer: Yes, you can get admission in CSE branch with 15,000 rank.
Last updated on September 17th, 2020 at 03:11 pm
Ans. No, you cannot be admitted in the B.Tech. course offered by IIIT Sonepat if I score less than 75 percent in my 10+2 examination since the admission via JEE Mains requires the 10+2 percentage to be 75 or more percent.
Last updated on September 17th, 2020 at 03:12 pm
Ans: Candidates willing to take admission in B.Tech Program at IIIT Sonepat would need to apply for and qualify the JEE Main exam. Admissions to all the B.Tech programs are strictly done on the basis of JEE Main score.