Last updated on February 24th, 2021 at 06:24 pm
Indian Institute of Information Technology Pune (IIIT Pune), spread over 100 acres in Nanoli Village, is one of the prestigious, autonomous institutes, also abbreviated as IIITP. It was established in the year 2016, by the MHRD along with the Government of India and some industry partners, but only as N-PPP institution, i.e. Not-for-Profit Public-Private Partnership Institution.
- The curriculum followed at IIIT Pune is highly versatile and detailed, almost rivalling the standard of other IIITs.
- Also, the courses make sure that the students are well-versed in the syllabus and are understanding all of it – and not just learning it.
- Indian Institute of Information Technology Pune is currently functioning on a temporary campus, i.e. the campus of KJEI’s Trinity Academy of Engineering at the Bopdev Ghat’s foothills, in Yewalewadi, Pune.
- Why Choose IIT Gandhinagar for UG Courses?
- NIT Delhi: Eligibility Criteria, Admission Process and More
IIIT Pune Highlights
|Name of Institute||Indian Institute of Information Technology Pune|
|Basic Admission Criteria||Entrance Exam|
|Entrance Exam||JEE Main|
IIIT Pune: B.Tech Admissions Through JEE Main
Indian Institute of Information Technology Pune admissions 2021 are conducted on the basis of All India Ranks in JEE Main, and the seat allotment procedure is managed under JoSAA Counselling. Given below are details on the admission process.
IIIT Pune: B.Tech Courses Offered
Currently, IIITP offers admission in two B.Tech specializations–
In total, both the courses have 225 seats available with 86 open seats.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
- One who wishes to take admission in the Indian Institute of Information Technology Pune needs to pass the JEE (Main) examination
- In order to be eligible for JEE Main, one must secure at least 75% marks in Class 12th or should be in top 20 percentile – category-wise – in their Class 12th board examination. As for the students belonging to the SC/ST/PwD, they need to score at least 65%.
- However, this criteria has been scrapped for 2021 admissions.
- The admissions to the B.Tech course are done on the basis of the ranks the student will secure in JEE Main, including JoSAA Counseling and CSAB Special Round.
IIIT Pune Cut Off For Top B.Tech Courses
|Course||Opening Ranks||Closing Ranks|
|Computer Science and Engineering||9329||20999|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||21452||25897|
IIIT Pune Academics Amidst COVID-19
Indian Institute of Information Technology Pune, in the middle of the COVID-19 Pandemic, is not ready to give up on their students and the new academic year.
- The classes at IIIT Pune are being conducted online, with regular classes once the government orders.
- Indian Institute of Information Technology Pune has ensured that the students and faculty members are constantly being educated on COVID-19 and motivated them to take part in research activities for the development of PPE Kits or other creative ideas.
- Also, IIIT Pune has actively come forward to rescue the migrants during this global pandemic.
- The institute has been providing them with jobs and whatever essential goods they’ll need, all thanks to the Director and the team.
Why Should One Choose IIIT Pune?
The Indian Institute of Information Technology Pune is the hub of information technology, where anyone seeking good education can recognize how great they are. Not only does the institute provide the students with an excellent education, but there are also endless opportunities that it offers for the students. A wholesome development – that is guaranteed if you take admission in Indian Institute of Information Technology Pune.
- IIIT Pune Cut Off is much less compared to top NITs or top engineering colleges in India.
- The college placements are good compared to other IIITs as the college is situated in a city with a developed industry.
- IIIT Pune students and faculties have received various awards and achievements in national and international competitions.
- The best part about IIIT Pune is students are selected for internships at the top engineering colleges in India such as – IIT Kanpur, NIT Trichy, IIT Kharagpur, NIT Surathkal and many more.
IIIT Pune Cut Off 2020 For B.Tech Specializations
Given below are the IIIT Pune Cut Off 2020 for various B.Tech specializations, taken from the JoSAA Counselling Round 6.
Computer Science and Engineering
|Categories||Opening Ranks||Closing Ranks|
Electronics and Communication Engineering
|Categories||Opening Ranks||Closing Ranks|
- Various Facilities Provided to B. Tech Candidates at IIITM Gwalior
- List of Top Recruiters & Placement Record at IIIT Guwahati
Latest News Updates
- Key Takeaways From Education Minister’s Webinar On JEE Main 2021 Examination
- JEE Main 2021: Live Session With Education Minister Extended To December 10th
- Uttarakhand Government To Provide Free Coaching Classes For JEE Aspirants
- JEE Main 2021: Mr Ramesh Pokhriyal Directs NTA to Draft a Fresh Syllabus
- JEE Main 2021 Delayed Till February, JEE Advanced 2021 Syllabus Being Reviewed
Faculty at IIIT Pune
The faculty of IIIT Pune is as competent as it is friendly and understanding. There is no way the branches will share just one set of teachers and therefore, the department of ECE has a set of teachers, whereas the department of CSE has another. Some of the faculty members are:-
|Faculty of ECE||Faculty of CSE|
|Dr Nagendra Kushwaha||Dr Ritu Tiwari|
|Dr Ranjith Nair||Dr Tanmoy Hazra|
|Dr Sandeep Mishra||Dr Bhupendra Singh|
|–||Dr Sanjeev Sharma|
|–||Dr Apoorva Mishra|
|–||Dr Rahul Dixit|
|–||Dr Darshan V Medhane|
- IIIT Bhopal: Admissions via JEE Main, Cut Off, Scholarships and More
- IIIT Jabalpur: Faculty and Facilities Offered
Various Facilities at IIIT Pune
IIIT Pune is a very active college, offering not only quality education for its students but also various facilities that will ultimately help them in their overall development.
- IIIT Pune hostel is characterized by large rooms. Also, WiFi, gyms and indoor sports facilities and even a music club is available.
- The campus also has two private canteens around, both of which are clean and serve quality food.
- Along with that, there are student clubs’ including a coding club (Cypher), Web-Development (WorkHive), Robotics Club, Sports Club, Literature Club (ECLECTIC), DramaClub (Dramatics) and not to forget, Dance Club.
- Students can take part in any of the clubs or extracurricular activities that happen around – there are so many being conducted rather very frequently!
IIIT Pune Placements
As is the characteristics of every engineering and/or technology college, IIIT Pune provided great placements to the first graduating batch in 2020.
- Companies like Gojek, TCS, Persistent, L&T Infotech, Amazon, Microsoft are some of the top recruiters of IIITP, where TCS and Persistent are seen as mass recruiters.
|Highest Package Offered||INR 36 LPA|
|Average Package Offered||INR 11 LPA|
|Placement Percentage for Summer Internships||100%|
|Highest Stipend||INR 30,000|
|Average Stipend||INR 16,000|
IIIT Pune Scholarships
IIIT Pune has amazing scholarships available, such as for those students who are economically backward and need some outside assistance, especially from the college. Details about the IIIT Pune scholarships are given below:
- The scholarships sanctioned by the state government as well as the central government of India – as listed on the National Scholarship Portal – are all valid for the students wishing to apply here or are already studying here.
- If the student is from another state, that state’s scholarships can also be applied for in IIIT Pune. Bank loans are also included in this.
While only one of the scholarships can be availed by the students, it is just perfectly amazing to have so many options for the students – and this is exactly what makes Indian Institute of Information Technology Pune one of the best educational institutes ever.
IIIT Pune Fees for B.Tech Courses
A proper breakdown of the IIIT Pune fee structure is given below, which one can check and use while choosing whether or not to take admission in IIIT Pune.
|One Time Fees||₹12,000|
|Tuition Fee (per Year)||₹1,80,000|
|Other Fees (per Year)||₹47,500|
|Hostel Fee (per Year)||₹24,000|
|Mess Advance (per Semester)||₹20,000|
- IIIT Bhopal: Fee Structure and Scholarships Offered
- How Many Marks Students Must Secure to Get Admission in IIIT Bhagalpur?
IIIT Pune FAQs
Last updated on October 22nd, 2020 at 05:38 pm
Answer: IIIT Pune placements are great as compared to other IIITs. It is the only IIIT to offer more than 22LPA to students from the first batch.
Last updated on October 22nd, 2020 at 05:37 pm
Answer: IIIT Pune was established under public-private partnership (PPP) model.
Last updated on September 7th, 2020 at 10:56 am
Ans. IIIT Pune is a private university.
Last updated on September 7th, 2020 at 10:56 am
Ans. IIIT Pune offers two specializations under their B. Tech Programme. The names of which are – Computer Science & Engineering (CSE) and Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECE).
Last updated on September 7th, 2020 at 10:57 am
Ans. Candidates are urged to pass the JEE Main cut-off and are supposed to go through JOSAA Counselling. Only after this will they be considered to be included in the B. Tech Programme.
Last updated on September 7th, 2020 at 10:58 am
Ans. Yes, IIIT Pune readily provides internships opportunities to the students, which are not only relevant to their education, but which would also give them real insight in the corporate world they will be working in later in their lives.