Last updated on November 3rd, 2020 at 04:40 pm
IIIT Nagpur started functioning from July 2016, under the mentorship of Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology (VNIT). It is documented under the IIIT (Public-Private Partnership) Act, 2017. Like the other new set up IIITs in India, this college is also in its initial stages.
- MHRD provided IIITN with a grant of 3 crores for its establishment.
- Moreover, the Government of Maharashtra and Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), Mumbai, are the stakeholders in the IIIT Nagpur.
- IIIT Nagpur began running its operations in the temporary campus Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited’s Regional Telecom Training Centre (BSNL RTTC).
IIIT Nagpur: Highlights
|Established in||July 2016|
|Type||Autonomous On PPP (Public-Private Partnership)|
|Level of the Courses||UG and PhD|
- IIIT Bangalore: Admissions via JEE Main, Cut Offs and More
- NIT Warangal: B.Tech Admissions, Cut Off and More
IIIT Nagpur: B.Tech Admissions via JEE Main
Till now though IIITN only offers graduation and doctorate courses, and M.Tech (Masters in Technology) programs will also start soon, according to the official website. The Institute in total admits 252 students for B.Tech courses. The admission of the students is done through the merit basis according to the results of the common entrance exam JEE Main followed by JoSAA Counselling.
B. Tech Courses Offered
Currently, the specialization programs in B.Tech at IIIT Nagpur are as follows-
- Computer Science And Engineering (CSE)
- Electronics And Communication Engineering (ECE)
Eligibility for B.Tech Courses
For getting admission into the IIIT Nagpur courses, the students need to meet the following conditions:
- Eligibility for JEE Main – Candidate should have done his 10+2 from science background with compulsory subjects as Physics, Mathematics, Language etc.
- Should have obtained at least 75% marks (65% for SC/ ST/ PwD) in 10+2 or equivalent qualifying exam, or should be in the top 20% percentile of their recognised Central or State board.
- However, for 2020 admissions, candidates are just required to pass Class 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
IIIT Nagpur Cut Off For Top B.Tech Courses
IIIT Nagpur Cut Off ranks are released by JoSAA. Since the Indian Institute of Information Technology Nagpur does not have home state quota or female reservations, the cut off is released category-wise. Here are the JoSAA 2019 and 2018 Round 7 Closing Ranks of IIIT Nagpur, under general category-
|Courses||2019 Closing Ranks||2018 Closing Ranks|
Study At IIIT Nagpur During COVID-19
As a result of the Coronavirus Pandemic, the Institute has laid down various guidelines to curb the spread of the infection at the campus. Proper preventive measures have been taken:
- Proper Social distancing is to be practised
- Covering of face with masks
- Regular disinfection of the surfaces
- Scanning of the body temperature of the visitors
Important Measures For Students Amid COVID-19
The Indian Institute of Information Technology Nagpur understands the importance of mental health during this pandemic.
- Which is why it has provided the space where students can discuss any kind of mental/emotional health issues with a counsellor.
- The Institute has also provided a contact number on the official website which students can contact in case of any need for help/guidance irrespective of their location.
- For imparting education – new time tables and schedules have been uploaded on the official website of IIITN which can be followed via video conferencing.
- So, regular online classes have started and the students will be provided with the study material and other aids through online mode as far as possible.
- IIIT Kalyani: Courses Offered, Eligibility Criteria and Admission Process
- How Is No.1 College IIT Madras Handling COVID-19?
Why Should You Join IIIT Nagpur?
The construction of a 100 acres permanent campus, behind Sutgirni at Waranga on Wardha Road, is going to be over soon. This new campus aiming for higher vertical expansion will have a capacity to accommodate over 2,000 students.
- The space of the new permanent campus will be shared with IT companies at Waranga.
- This is an added benefit as the students can get exposure to the practical knowledge and contact with the market world leading to the better development of the students.
IIIT Nagpur Cut Off for B.Tech Specialisations
The following table shows the IIIT Nagpur cut off opening and closing ranks of Round 1 & 7 respectively.
Computer Science and Engineering
Electronics & Communication Engineering
Reservation Criteria at IIIT Nagpur
There are following percentage of seats that are reserved for student belonging to various categories according to the JEE Main Reservation Policy:
|Category||Percentage of Seats|
|Other backward classes – (Non-creamy Layer)||27%|
|Persons with Disability||5%|
- NIT Kurukshetra: JEE Main Cut Off for UG Courses
- IIT Hyderabad: Admission Process, Cut Off, Courses Offered and Fees
Various Facilities Provided at IIIT Nagpur
There are a number of accessible facilities available to the residents of the campus that help in easing their daily life. The following necessary installations are provided to the students to ease their overall experience-
- Well established laboratories
- Huge updated Library (physical books and online resources)
- Girls Common Room
- Recreation Room
- Reading Room
- Gym and Playgrounds
- Medical Aids and Facilities
- Wi-Fi connectivity
The extracurricular activities like television in the common halls and sports like Table Tennis, snooker are made available to the students for entertainment and refreshment purposes.
Various labs provided at the campus for research purposes are-
- Microprocessor Lab
- Control System Lab
- Computer Programming Lab
- Database Lab
- Data Structure & Algorithm Lab
- Nano Sci-tech Lab
There are a number of different social and cultural activities where students get the chance to upgrade their skills. This is promoted for the holistic development of the students’ mind. To enhance their character, values and all-inclusive learning experience, the students are exposed to the following opportunities:
- National Level Technical Event – TantraFiesta
- National Level Cultural Event – Abhivyakti
- Institute Annual Sports Gathering
- NIT Goa: JEE Main Cut Off for B.Tech Courses
- ABV-IIITM Gwalior Facilities, Cut Offs for B.Tech Courses
Latest News Updates
- JEE Main 2021: Mr Ramesh Pokhriyal Directs NTA to Draft a Fresh Syllabus
- JEE Main 2021 Delayed Till February, JEE Advanced 2021 Syllabus Being Reviewed
- JAC Delhi 2020 Counselling: Seat Allotment Result For Round 3 Declared
- IIT Kharagpur Will Conduct JEE Advanced 2021
- CSAB 2020 Special Rounds Counselling Schedule Released
Faculty at IIIT Nagpur
There is an adjunct, visiting and regular faculty at IIIT Nagpur. The IIIT Nagpur faculty includes resourceful professors and lecturers with dynamic enthusiasm from all over the country.
- There are a total of 20 Assistant Professors and 5 Adjunct Professors (on contract) at the Indian Institute of Information Technology Nagpur.
- Some of the teachers are from the mentor institute i.e. VNIT and others are from IITs or NITs, maintaining quality education at IIITN.
IIIT Nagpur Placements 2020
IIT Nagpur recruitment statistics are tabulated below:
|Placement Statistics||Amount in Rupees|
|Highest package at IIITN||20 LPA|
|Average Package||8.5 LPA|
Top recruiters at IIITN – Click2Cloud, Bit Mapper, Jio, Wiley NXT, Tata Consultancy Services, Siemens, Healthineers, Clever Trap, L&T Infotech, Manipal Global Education Services and others.
- Placement Details and Facilities of IIT BHU
- NIT Rourkela 2020 Cut Off: Check Opening & Closing Ranks
Scholarships at IIIT Nagpur
IIIT Nagpur does not provide any direct scholarships to its B.Tech students.
- The required financial assistance is provided to the students from various backgrounds according to the schemes of the State and Central Government, as and where applicable.
- The students seeking scholarships can visit the website of the Department of Higher Education – Ministry of Education, the government of India (https://www.mhrd.gov.in/scholarships).
As per the official website of IIIT Nagpur, the authorities have provided the following links for the students who wish to avail the financial assistance:
|For Maharashtra Domicile Students||https://mahadbtmahait.gov.in/|
|For MP Domicile Students||http://scholarshipportal.mp.nic.in/MedhaviChhatra/Login/sLogin.aspx|
|For Rajasthan Domicile Students||http://www.sje.rajasthan.gov.in|
|For National Level Scholarship||https://nsp.gov.in|
IIIT Nagpur Fees For B.Tech Courses
Even though IIIT Nagpur has 50% authority from the central government, it does not provide any special exceptions to SC/ST/PwD categories or EWS categories.
The fees in the details for the B.Tech courses at the Indian Institute of Information Technology Nagpur is as follows:
|One Time Fees||11,500|
|Caution Money (Refundable)||5000|
- IIT Ropar: Admission Process and Cut Offs
- Is IIT Bombay Too Expensive? Check Fee Structure and Scholarships
IIIT Nagpur FAQ’s
Answer: Cut off for General Category admissions in CSE branch goes till around 30,000 so you can easily get CSE branch at IIIT Nagpur with 10,000 rank.
Answer: There are 25 IIITs in India.
Answer: IIT Nagpur was established in 2016.
Answer: You need to qualify GATE in order to apply for PhD courses at IIIT Nagpur.
Ans. The makeshift campus of IIIT Nagpur at BSNL RTTC is well connected with the city’s public transport facility. It distance from the different modes of conveyance is as follows:
- Rail Mode: Nagpur main Railway Station at 5.5 Kms.
- By Road: Nagpur Central Bus Stand at 7.2 Kms.
- Air Mode: Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar International Airport in Nagpur at 12.5 Kms