Last updated on November 26th, 2020 at 05:36 pm
IIIT Kota is an Institute of National Importance. It was set up in 2013 under a joint venture between the MHRD, Government of India and the Government of Rajasthan, along with its industry partners namely – Cairn India Limited, Vakrangee Softwares Limited, Genpact India Limited, National Engineering Industries Limited.
- IIIT Kota is currently being mentored by the MNIT Jaipur, which is one of the top engineering colleges in India.
- IIIT Kota offers B.Tech courses only in Computer Science & Engineering and Electronics & Communication Engineering on the basis of JEE Main Scores.
- IIIT Kota admission procedure is overseen and managed by the JoSAA Counselling, for which students have to qualify for JEE Main.
- IIIT Kota Placements 2019-2020 registered a significant increase in the placement records. Many leading companies participated in the recruitment drives.
IIIT Kota Highlights
|Type of Programs||B.Tech|
|Admission Criteria||JEE Main|
|Mode of education||Regular|
IIIT Kota: B.Tech Admissions Through JEE Main
IIIT Kota grants admission in Bachelor of Technology (Computer Science and Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering) programs through JEE Main entrance exam. Candidates’ eligibility for admission to B.Tech is finalized by JoSAA Counselling along with handling the seat allocation process as per JEE Main Reservation Criteria.
B.Tech Specializations Offered
Currently, This institute only offers two B.Tech specializations:
- Computer Science & Engineering (143)
- Electronics And Communication Engineering (71)
Both these courses have decent cut offs and a high placement percentage at the college. Another advantage that IIIT Kota receives is because of its mentor institute MNIT Jaipur, which assists in the placements under these two B.Tech courses.
Eligibility for B.Tech at IIIT Kota
- Minimum 75% marks is needed in 10+2 (PCM stream). [This rule has been scrapped by CSAB]
- After qualifying JEE Main, the seat allotment will be conducted by JoSAA based on the All India Ranks obtained in JEE Main Results.
- Admission Process in NIT Warangal through JEE Main
- IIIT Allahabad Cut Off, Fees, Scholarships and More
IIIT Kota Cut Off for Top B.Tech Courses
Based on the previous year closing ranks, aspiring candidates can check IIIT Kota Cut Off ranks required for admission.
2019 Cut Off (Last Round of JoSAA 2019)
|Course Name||General Cut Off 2019||General Cut Off 2020|
|Computer Science and Engineering||14035-23144||11315-22320|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||23207-31335||24597-29813|
Study At IIIT Kota During COVID-19
Many renowned educational institutes and colleges are preparing numerous contingency plans to meet their academic calendars during COVID-19. It also suspended all the classes to lower the spread of COVID-19.
- The students and all other faculty members of IIIT Kota were motivated to take part in CrowdSourcing of Ideas by MHRD on boosting e-learning in India.
- While the country was going through the pandemic, IIIT Kota invited online applications for recruiting ad hoc faculty for CSE and ECE branches.
- IIIT Kota placement cell was also able to conduct summer internships and final placements for students.
- IIIT Kota resumed its online classes with the release of the academic calendar of odd semester 2020-21.
Why Should You Choose IIIT Kota?
- IIIT Kota placement cell recorded the highest salary package of INR 29 LPA in the placement session of 2019-2020.
- Some of the top leading companies that took part in the placement drive include Goldman Sachs, Infosys, Adobe, Amazon, Deloitte, HSBC, among others.
- The college has hostel facilities for all the students. 24×7 internet facility, mess facilities, canteen, etc. are some of the other facilities offered to the students.
- Maximum salary offered through internship drives at IIIT Kota was INR 75,000/month.
- It has been mentored by MNIT Jaipur since its inception. The temporary campus is also at MNIT Jaipur which gives an added advantage to IIIT Kota for utilizing various facilities available at MNIT Jaipur.
IIIT Kota Cut Off For B.Tech Specializations
The JEE Main Cut Off list for 2020 will be released once counselling for 2020 is over. Meanwhile, candidates waiting for the official cut off list can check the expected JEE Main cut off for 2019 as it helps them judge their chances of getting admission.
Below mentioned is the IIIT Kota Cut Off of two B.Tech courses offered at via JEE Main Ranks–
Computer Science and Engineering
|Category||Cut Off Ranks|
Electronics & Communication Engineering
|Category||Cut Off Ranks|
IIIT Kota: Reservation
Since IIIT Kota is a government institute, it has the same reservation criteria as other IIITs.
- There is no home state quota at IIIT Kota
- Separate reservation for female candidates is also not available.
Given below is the reservation criteria as per government laws-
|Category||Reservation of Seats (%)|
|OBC (non-creamy layer)||27%|
|PwD (40% or more disability)||5%|
- Top NITs in India and Their Cut Offs
- JEE Main Reservation Criteria: Quota, Seat Reservation, and Documents Required
Faculty at IIIT Kota
Presently there are a total of 14 full-time faculty members and 5 guest faculty members at Indian Institute of Information Technology Kota.
- Guest faculties include assistant professors and faculty on contract.
- Prof. Udaykumar R Yaragatti is the director of the Institute.
The faculty members provide regular online classes to the students even during this COVID-19 pandemic. Almost all the regular faculty members are PhDs from top technical institutes of the country and abroad. They are also engaged in multiple R&D projects to ensure they are able to provide first-hand experience knowledge to the candidates.
Various Facilities Provided at IIIT Kota Campus
Indian Institute of Information Technology Kota offers well-established infrastructure and facilities to all the students and faculty like separate hostels for boys and girls, library with huge collection of books and journals, sports, canteen, computer lab, medical facility, etc. Some other facilities offered to the students and faculty are mentioned below.
- Campus: IIT Kota Campus offers endless opportunities to the students aiming to make their studies comfortable and easier. The institute provides students with much-needed amenities like staff clubs, community center, hospital, post office, gymnasium, playing fields, etc. so that they can get motivated while living and studying here.
- Library: IIT Kota has a spacious and well-structured library having a huge collection of more than 1,35,000 books, periodicals, reports, and reference material.
- Canteen: Students studying here can enjoy different food items at the most affordable rates. Students and teachers can get refreshments even after their regular working hours.
- Sports: Several facilities are made available for the students, they get a chance to take part in different sports activities, co-curricular activities, etc.
- Medical Facilities: A well-structured dispensary is established inside the campus so that medical facilities, if required, can be made accessible to the students. Medical facility is supervised by a residential Medical Officer.
Latest News Updates
- JEE Main 2021: Mr Ramesh Pokhriyal Directs NTA to Draft a Fresh Syllabus
- JEE Main 2021 Delayed Till February, JEE Advanced 2021 Syllabus Being Reviewed
- JAC Delhi 2020 Counselling: Seat Allotment Result For Round 3 Declared
- IIT Kharagpur Will Conduct JEE Advanced 2021
- CSAB 2020 Special Rounds Counselling Schedule Released
IIIT Kota: Placement Report
IIIT Kota placement is done in partnership with MNIT, Jaipur. The companies visiting MNIT Jaipur permit IIIT Kota students to appear for the placements. The T&P cell is mainly responsible for – Facilitating Industrial Training & Inviting companies, agencies, etc. to offer placements to UG students.
- The maximum salary package offered to the graduates in the past varied from INR 23-29 LPA.
- A few of the renowned companies that visited the campus in the place include MAQ Software, Adobe, Airtel, Goldman Sachs, etc. among many others.
Also Check | NIT Raipur Placements, Fees and More
IIIT Kota Placement Highlights 2019-2020
- The average salary package offered to the graduates was INR 10.42 LPA while the maximum CTC offered was INR 29 LPA from both CSE and ECE branches.
- Total placement offers made were 74 with 90% total placements.
- Leading recruiters at 2019-2020 placements were – Codenation, Goldman Sachs, Flipkart, Amazon, Infosys, TCS and many others.
Besides the above-mentioned companies, many other leading companies participated in the placement drive held at IIIT Kota.
Scholarships Offered by IIIT Kota
Candidates applying for a course at Indian Institute of Information Technology Kota can get different Central or State Government scholarship schemes. The scholarships are available for both new and existing students. Meritorious students get the advantage of scholarships which are offered to them based on their JEE Main Ranks/Scores. Also, only those candidates whose family income is less than 5 lakhs per annum will be qualified to get a scholarship.
Under various scholarships, students get the following benefits-
- Waiver of entire/partial amount of tuition fee per semester
- Living expenses worth INR 2500 each month will be offered
- Book grant worth INR 5000 each semester
Fee Structure For B.Tech Courses at IIIT Kota
The fee structure for B. Tech course at IIIT Kota is mentioned below for General and OBC category students-
|Tuition Fee (per Semester)||INR 85,000|
|Hostel Seat Rent (per Semester)||INR 6,000|
|Caution Money (One Time, Refundable)||INR 10,000|
|Hostel Caution Money (One Time, Refundable)||INR 15,000|
|One Time Fees||INR 12,100|
|Mess Advance (per Semester, adjustable)||INR 20,000|
- For ST/ST/PwD students, tuition fee is INR 68,000. All other expenses are the same.
- For General-EWS category students, the fee structure is the same as for general category students.
IIIT Kota FAQs
Last updated on September 1st, 2020 at 11:05 am
Ans. Yes, fee structure is quite affordable and economical compared to private colleges. The yearly fees for the college totals to around INR 3.5 lacs.
Last updated on September 1st, 2020 at 11:06 am
Ans.The minimum eligibility for B.Tech at IIIT Kota is a passing certificate in 12th boards and having a valid JEE Main Score Card.
Last updated on September 1st, 2020 at 11:07 am
Ans. For all the courses, candidates need to apply online by registering at JoSAA website. The candidates need to fill their academic details, personal details, and competitive exam details while submitting their course and college preferences at JoSAA portal.