Last updated on November 6th, 2020 at 04:37 pm
Indian Institute of Information Technology, Kalyani, is an Institution of National Importance jointly set up by the MHRD, Coal India & Rolta under a Not-for-profit PPP model. IIIT Kalyani has enrolled 118 students for only one of its disciplines: Computer Science and Engineering (CSE). Seats are filled up through JoSAA Counselling.
- Initially, the campus started its activities on a temporary campus in JIS College of Engineering. Later on, the campus was shifted to Webel IT Park, Kalyani.
- IIIT Kalyani has its collaboration with IISc Bangalore, IIT Bombay, IIT Kharagpur, C-DAC Kolkata & Pune, SNLTR Kolkata, and SkyBits Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
IIIT Kalyani: Highlights
|Admission Criteria||JEE Main and 10+2 scores (for B.Tech)|
|Location||Kalyani, West Bengal|
|Institute type||Public-Private Partnership|
|Popular courses||UG (BTech) and PG (PhD)|
IIIT Kalyani: B.Tech Admissions via JEE Main
The specially designed 4-year B.Tech CSE programme of IIIT Kalyani builds up a solid foundation in fundamentals of computer science and many other complex technologies. This provides the required skill sets for graduates to become successful industry leaders. Students get hands-on training experience in IT industries, business, and service sectors. Admission is done in IIIT Kalyani based on the qualifying JEE Main examination.
B. Tech Courses Offered
The Indian Institute of Information Technology, Kalyani offers admission in a B.Tech programme in Computer Science & Engineering only. The other departments currently offer PhD programmes only.
Several industrial training programs are offered under the PPP scheme for students of B.Tech.
The five departments of IIIT Kalyani are as follows :
- Computer Science and Engineering (CSE);
- Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE);
- Mathematics (MA);
- Physics (PH);
- and Humanities (HU)
Eligibility Criteria for B.Tech Courses
- The admission is done based on All India Ranks of candidates obtained in JEE Main Results.
- In order to be eligible for JEE Main exam, candidates must clear Class XII with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as compulsory subjects.
IIIT Kalyani Cut Off For B.Tech Course
The table below shows you the previous year cutoff for IIIT Kalyani B.Tech CSE admissions-
Study at IIIT Kalyani during COVID-19
Due to COVID-19, the faculty members and research scholars are advised to take classes online and do their study through the online facility provided by the institution.
- Hostel facilities will remain functional. Mess facilities will be kept open and Hostellers are permitted to visit only to the nearby market for day-to-day needs.
- No activity, seminar or gathering is allowed on-campus. All training and internship activities are also suspended.
Why Choose IIIT Kalyani?
The Indian Institute of Information Technology, Kalyani has been set up under the Public-Private Partnership (PPP) model, so it offers the advantages of both a public institution and a private institution.
- Under the guidance of the Director and number of industry representatives, the institute aims to excel in education and research in Information Technology and allied areas.
- The 4-year B.Tech program in CSE builds up a solid programming concept in students, along with the skill set required to solve some of the toughest problems of the 21st century.
- The students also get the opportunity to work with the partnered institutions to provide them internship and training in the industry, service and business sector.
IIIT Kalyani Cut Off For B.Tech Specializations
The opening and closing rank for the year 2020 for CSE admissions are as follows-
|Category||Opening Cut Off Ranks||Closing Cut Off Ranks|
|Open Category (General)||10559||31170|
IIIT Kalyani: Reservation through JoSAA Counselling
Out of the 118 seats available for admission, 50 seats are open and rest are filled by the reserved candidates at the Indian Institute of Information Technology, Kalyani for B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering.
- There is no special seal allocation for female candidates at IIIT Kalyani.
- However, the admission is done based on the reservation criteria, as decided by the Central and the state government.
IIIT Kalyani reserves some seat according to the reservation criteria, as illustrated below in the table:
|OBC (non-creamy layer)||27%|
|PwD (40% or more disability)||5%|
- IIT Tirupati: Eligibility, Admissions Process and More
- How is IIIT Lucknow Dealing with COVID-19 Situation?
Faculty at IIlT Kalyani
- IIIT Kalyani currently has 15 academic staff (regular) and six visiting faculty members from IIT Kharagpur, ISI Kolkata and other institutions.
- All teachers hold PhD and some are even recognized by NASA.
- The CSE department has faculty members who have previously worked with institutions like BITS Pilani and IIT Kharagpur.
- The institution has dynamic young PhD faculty members, who hold certifications from National Institutes of India.
- The teachers help students to carry out their academic and research activities to the next higher level.
Latest News Updates
- Key Takeaways From Education Minister’s Webinar On JEE Main 2021 Examination
- JEE Main 2021: Live Session With Education Minister Extended To December 10th
- Uttarakhand Government To Provide Free Coaching Classes For JEE Aspirants
- JEE Main 2021: Mr Ramesh Pokhriyal Directs NTA to Draft a Fresh Syllabus
- JEE Main 2021 Delayed Till February, JEE Advanced 2021 Syllabus Being Reviewed
Various Facilities Provided at IIIT Kalyani
A bunch of facilities are provided for students as well as faculty members at IIIT Kalyani-
- Software & Hardware labs:
- IIIT Kalyani campus is equipped with a sufficient number of labs, both hardware and software.
- 2 fully facilitated labs are located in the Computer Science department.
- Other labs include that of Electronics and Digital Systems lab.
- Special Classrooms:
- IIIT Kalyani provides the facility of smart classrooms for its students.
- The classes also have the facility of video conferencing.
- The institute library has books counting nearly to 4500.
- Also, it has an online facility of NSDL and American Library for its students.
- IIIT Kalyani offers on-campus residence in hostels (separate for both boys and girls).
- The rooms are fully facilitated with furniture, Wifi, and other facilities.
- IIIT Kalyani offers a range of sports facilities in collaboration with the stadium of Kalyani.
- Medical Facilities:
- College of Medicine & JNM Hospital are located nearby the campus.
- The college also has a 24-hour ambulance service.
- Student activities:
- Popular clubs and committees on campus include the Alcoholic Coding club, Drama Club and the Film & Media Club.
IIIT Kalyani Placements
IIIT Kalyani students have been placed in many IT companies such as – Wipro, TCS, IBM, Cognizant, and Capgemini.
- IIIT Kalyani has strong industry relations. It invites a range of leaders from the biggest IT companies to deliver guest lectures and for seminars.
- Students of IIIT Kalyani are encouraged to take up projects on contemporary topics and they are also offered training on live projects.
- Students interact with business leaders, management thinkers, entrepreneurs and corporate leaders, as a part of Entrepreneurship activities of IIIT Kalyani.
IIIT Kalyani Recruitment 2020 Highlights
|Total students appeared for placement||45|
|Total jobs offered||65|
|Total students selected||37|
|Highest salary||17 LPA|
|Average salary||6.2 LPA|
|Percentage of Students Placed||82%|
IIIT Kalyani Scholarships
IIIT Kalyani offers many scholarships under the schemes of Central and State Governments. The students can take advantage of these scholarships by applying to the State Government and Central Government Scholarship portal.
- The IIIT Kalyani’s admission office provides full assistance to the students to apply for such opportunities.
- W.B. Government also facilitates Tuition fee waiver scholarship in the form of a half or full free studentship based on Merit cum means.
- Some of the scholarships provided to B.Tech students at IIIT Kalyani includes the Vidya Lakshmi yojna, Muskhyamantri Medhavi Vidhyarthi yojna, and the Partial freeship scholarship scheme by the Government of West Bengal.
IIIT Kalyani Fee Structure for B.Tech Courses
The cost of attendance at IIIT Kalyani is nearly similar to other IIITs of India. IIIT Kalyani provides no fee waiver for any category of applicants attending the institution.
Check the below table for details about IIIT Kalyani fees:
|Particulars||Fees (in Rs.)|
|One Time Fees (during admission)||4620|
|Refundable Caution Deposits||5000|
- Students should remember that the Mess fee may vary. Also, there is a probability of 10% increase in fee every year.
IIIT Kalyani FAQs
Answer: IIIT Kalyani is a relatively newer institute but has great facilities. It is currently offering only one B.Tech course in CSE and the highest package offered in 2020 was INR 17 LPA. thus, it can be said that IIIT Kalyani is a decent institute to study B.Tech in CSE.
Answer: There are a total of 25 IIITs in India.
Answer. Since the college was founded in 2014, and till now the IIIT Kalyani has undergone some major changes for the development of students. The Webel IT park campus has AC classrooms, with the best labs and learning environment. All teachers hold PhD and some are even recognized by NASA. The institution also organizes workshops and other events frequently in collaboration with other IITs and big companies like IBM and Microsoft. So, overall taking admission in IIIT Kalyani is a good step.
Answer. Taking admission in the CSE branch of IIIT Kalyani for B.Tech is a good decision. All labs are connected by LAN and Wifi and 6 hours of coding/practical session for coding is conducted each week. The department organizes many online coding competitions regularly on platforms like Codechef, HackerRank, & HackerEarth. IIT Kharagpur is the mentor institution for IIIT Kalyani which means the same curriculum is followed in both the colleges.
Answer. Reaching IIIT Kalyani is pretty easy. Kalyani Ghoshpara Railway Station in Kolkata is the nearest transportation medium, which is around 2.8 km away from the campus. Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose International Airport is the nearest airport, which is 45.1 km away from the Institute.