Last updated on September 1st, 2020 at 04:08 pm
International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad (IIIT Hyderabad) established in 1998 is a non-profit partnership institute and one of the first IIITs in the country. It was established as Indian Institute of Information Technology but was later renamed as International Institute of Information Technology in 2001. It is an autonomous body that provides technical education. From the past many years, after its establishment, the institution has evolved many research programs in the field of technology. IIIT Hyderabad offers many courses in its undergraduate bachelor’s, master’s, and also in various doctoral programs.
IIIT Hyderabad provides admission to the students for B.Tech through JEE Main cut-off. For securing a seat in any of the disciplines in IIIT Hyderabad an individual has to clear that cut-off. We’ll discuss the admission criteria, fees, and cut-off in the later section of the article.
IIIT Hyderabad: Highlights
|Programs Offered||Undergraduate, Dual Degree, Postgraduate, PhD|
|Admission Criteria – Single Degree||JEE Main + Class 12th Result, SPEC|
|Admission Criteria – Dual Degree||UGEE, LEEE, Olympiad/KVPY|
|Affiliations||UGC, NAAC, AICTE|
|Type of Institute||Public-Private|
IIIT Hyderabad: Ranking
- NIRF 2020: 43rd Among India’s Top Engineering Colleges
- NIRF 2019: 39th Among India’s Top Engineering Colleges
- NIRF 2018: 38th Among India’s Top Engineering Colleges
- NIRF 2017: 75th Among India’s Top Engineering Colleges
- Outlook India 2019: 16th among the best colleges in the country
- India Today 2017: 14th Among Top Engineering Colleges in the country
IIIT Hyderabad: B.Tech Admissions Through JEE Main
For undergraduate courses (both single and dual degree), admissions are done based on JEE Main Cut Off and the result obtained in class 12th boards. There are other college level exams held for admission to these courses but JEE Main entry is mostly preferred by the students.
There are a very few courses offered by IIIT Hyderabad. The focus of the college is the best performance of students under these few courses. This makes the reputation of college very high in terms of excellent faculty and alumni base. Given below are the courses offered by IIIT Hyderabad-
- B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) – 100 seats
- B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE) – 60 seats
- B.Tech in ECE & MS by Research in ECE
- B.Tech in CSE & MS by Research in CSE
- B.Tech in CS & MS by Research in Computational Linguistics
- B.Tech in CS & MS by Research in Computational Natural Sciences
- B.Tech in CS & MS by Research in Computing and Human Sciences
B.Tech Admissions 2020: Tentative Dates and Admission Procedure
|JEE Main January Session||January 2020|
|JEE Main April Session||1st – 6th September 2020|
|Applications Start(via official website of IIITH)||5th June 2020|
|Submission of Application Form||To be notified later|
|Start of the admission process(via private counselling)||October 2020 (Tentative)|
Note: In the wake of the novel Coronavirus / COVID-19 pandemic, the dates of the submission of the application have been postponed. The authority has not released any official notice regarding the mode and form of application. However, applications are being accepted online. But these are some tentative dates which would give you a fair idea about the dates and admission procedure.
Steps To Fill IIIT Hyderabad B.Tech Application Form
Admissions are currently at a pause due to the COVID-19 pandemic. However, the application form for B.Tech Admissions 2020 via JEE Main Scorecard is currently open. Students can follow certain steps to fill the IIIT Hyderabad B.Tech 2020 application form. Here are the steps to follow-
Step 1 – Registration
It is the first step, the candidates will have to complete the registration process. But before starting registration candidates should check eligibility criteria then click on the ‘New User’ in JEE Main entry via official website.
Step 2 – Filling of Application Form
After the successful registration, the candidates are required to fill the information in the application form of IIIT Hyderabad B.Tech 2020. The information has to be provided differently for a different channel. A candidate must provide true information in the application form as the documents possessed by the candidate.
After registration, the candidates have to provide complete details such as JEE Main 2020 roll number, rank, class 12th marks and percentage, and other academic and personal information.
Step 3 – Payment of Fees
The next step after filling up the application form is that the candidates have to pay an application fee of INR 1500. Payment can be made through net banking, credit/debit card or UPI. After successful payment, an application form has been submitted to the IIIT Hyderabad.
JEE Main Cut-off for Top B.Tech Courses at IIIT Hyderabad
IIIT Hyderabad usually has a high JEE Main cut-off for the top courses of the institute. The data of 2020 has not yet been declared due to the delay of the JEE Main April round of examinations. So, here is the list of the cut-off of 2019 to give you a tentative idea.
IIITH JEE Main Cut Off 2019 (General Category)
The numbers given in the table are the closing ranks in each round. This means the rank of a student which was offered the last seat in that particular round.
|Courses Offered||Round 1||Round 2||Round 3||Round 4||Round 5|
|B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering||573||1059||1160||1187||1187|
|B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering||941||1167||1941||2502||2847|
IIITH JEE Main Cut-off for Specializations
The institute offers two 4 year programs of B.Tech and several other dual degree programs on the basis of JEE Main cut-off.
|Course||Opening Rank||Closing Rank|
|Computer Science Engg.||573||1187|
|Electronics and Communication Engg.||941||2845|
IIITH Cut Off for Dual Degree Programmes (B.Tech + M.S)
|Course||Opening Rank||Closing Rank|
|CSE + Research in CS||1||65|
|ECE + Research in EC||1||211|
|B.Tech in Computer Science + MS by Research in Computational Linguistics||1||164|
|B.Tech in Computer Science and MS by Research in Computational Natural Sciences||1||214|
|B.Tech in Computer Science and MS by Research in Natural And Human Sciences||1||216|
Study At IIIT Hyderabad Amid COVID-19
Though this novel coronavirus has restricted the learning from classroom education, the institute has found a way to deliver their lectures through online digital platforms. IIIT Hyderabad ensures the same quality of education even in this pandemic period right at the comfort of the students at home.
- Online Classes Amid COVID-19: For the time being, after the admissions for 2020 are over, the institute is going to start teaching through virtual labs and virtual classrooms. This would be a different experience for both students and the teachers.
- Outstanding Placements: Even as the COVID-19 pandemic has hit the world, the college has managed to ensure offers were not revoked from students. Moreover, the companies hired students mostly for research purposes which requires continuous development even during these times.
- Support During COVID-19: IIIT Hyderabad is also offering support to students amid the COVID-19 crisis. A large number of students and individuals are affected due to the forced lockdown which directly or indirectly hampered the mental health. IIITH is offering online help amid this crisis.
Latest News Updates
- JEE Main 2020 Admit Card Released on Jeemain.nic.in. Download Now
- JEE Main 2020 Day 1: Check Exam Updates and JEE Main Paper Analysis
- Registrations For JoSAA Counselling To Begin From 6th October
- Check JEE Main Participating Colleges
- JEE Advanced 2020: Revised Schedule Released, Registration Starts from 11 September
Why IIIT Hyderabad Among All Other IIITs and NITs?
IIIT Hyderabad is one of the renowned institutes of the country. With such a high cut-off it provides admissions to only the deserving students of the country. The teaching and learning process at IIIT Hyderabad is different from rest of the institutes. It believes in the holistic development of the students. Also IIITH targets at least 25% women students intake each year in all the courses offered. This ensures a good gender diversity and promotes the education of women. Given below are some of the key points which make IIIT Hyderabad much more unique than other IIITs.
Campus of IIIT Hyderabad
The campus of IIIT Hyderabad is spread in the area of 66 acres with lush green surroundings. The campus is located on the main Gachibowli road (also known as Old Bombay Highway). The campus has good connectivity with bus stands and is on the lane of the proposed metro rail. It is in close contact with many other reputed academic and research institutes.
The campus is a few kilometers away from the city nearby major shopping areas. It also has close connectivity with Lingampally which is the nearest metro station. Within the campus, there is the availability of bank extension counters, ATM Machine, stationery shops, laundry, and food courts.
Student Life at IIIT Hyderabad
The college life at IIIT Hyderabad is quite happening. College life provides a much bigger exposure to a lot of things. There are a lot of things that happen quite often on campus. With the bunch of best and experienced faculty from across the country, the classroom program offers immense opportunities to grow.
Apart from studies, there are many societies such as drama, art, technology, sports, and the list goes on. Students can indulge in any of the society as per their interests. The college life at IIIT Hyderabad is fun-filled, full of knowledge, and filled with ideas. There are a lot of opportunities to grow for a student in IIIT Hyderabad.
Facilities at IIIT Hyderabad
Various facilities are provided at the IIIT Hyderabad Campus. The institute is famous for its work in software research, data science and analytics, robotics, machine learning etc. Moreover, IIIT Hyderabad has no grants received from the government for research purposes, which makes it a bit expensive. However, providing the right value for money, their infrastructure is better than most government colleges.
- Labs: The institute has well-equipped laboratories for every department. The laboratories are fully air-conditioned with the latest devices for every department. Research centers provide specialized and high-end equipment needed for the research.
- Library: The library has a large collection of Reference books, textbooks, technical reports, journals, and various other books. The library is fully integrated with multi-user Library Management Software. IIITH also has a well- managed digital library.
- Dining Facilities: There are four messes on campus. Students are free to dine at any mess.
- Gym: The campus has Gym facilities for the students. The gym has a physical trainer. Apart from the open gym on the campus, there is a separate gym for girls in the girls’ hostel.
- Sports: The institute encourages students towards sports by providing incentives for everyone to excel in a plethora of activities. The campus provides facilities for various sports such as cricket, volleyball, soccer, basketball, table tennis, football, etc. College also has a link with the nearby stadiums for other sports such as badminton, swimming, etc.
- Hostel Facility: IIIT Hyderabad has on-campus hostels for the students. It has three hostels for boys and two for girls. Each hostel has a mess, gym, and sports room. The hostel life does not let students compromise on their overall development. There is also one branch of State Bank of India and 2 ATMs on the campus.
Faculty at IIIT Hyderabad
The institute has a very rich faculty background. Most of the faculty members are PhDs from various Top-Tier IITs such as IIT Kanpur, IIT Bombay, IIT Kharagpur, IIT Madras and more. All the professors have had a diverse research background in various important fields.
- At the institute, faculty members are part of some Research Center / Lab.
- There are faculties who have education from top institutions abroad as well such as Princeton USA, National University of Singapore, University of Maryland USA and many more.
- IIIT Hyderabad also has various Adjunct Faculty members from various corporations and colleges such as Apple, TCS, Infosys, Microsoft, Michigan State University, IIIT Delhi, JNU, University of Delhi and many renowned faculties. These are some top level executives of the industry who motivate and educate students about the changes in the industry.
- As per the official website, the college houses a total of 110 faculty members towards approximately 1550 students.
- The teacher student ratio of the college is 1:20 which provides adequate attention each student might need.
- Number of faculty with PhDs is 84, and those who have a postgraduate degree is 6. There are more than 100 research papers published in national and international journals by the faculty at IIITH.
The institute offers high quality education with a rich and diverse teaching background.
IIIT Hyderabad: Placement Report
The placement reports of the institute are surprisingly amazing with a 100% track record of placements. More than 70 companies visit every year to recruit students from the institute with an annual package of INR 21 lakhs and above.
|B.Tech ECE + MS||100%|
|B.Tech CSE + MS||100%|
|Other Dual Degree Courses||71.4%|
Given below are the comparison of 2017 to 2019 data of overall placements at IIIT Hyderabad in B.Tech Course.
|Highest Salary||2019||INR 46 LPA|
|2018||INR 40 LPA|
|2017||INR 30 LPA|
|Average Salary||2019||INR 21 LPA|
|2018||INR 20 LPA|
|2017||INR 15 LPA|
|Number of Students Placed||2019||271|
Top Recruiters at IIIT Hyderabad
Given below is the list of all the recruiters that have provided offers to various students at IIIT Hyderabad. A total of 117 recruiters offered various packages to a total of 289 students in 2019.
|Aarvee Associates||Accenture Services||Adobe||ADP||Aliens Group|
|Accolite||Bravo Lucy||Cognizant||Bhagwati Designs||Build Infotech|
|Adaptec||Bank Bazaar||Bhrigus Software||Bonaven Software||Blue Star Infotech|
|Amazon||American Express||Aricent||Oracle||Aspiring Minds|
|CISCO||CitiGroup||Chronous||Cavium Networks||Capital IQ|
|Conexant||Credit Suisse||Credit Point||CSC||Convergys|
|Citicorp||Motorola||Broadcom||Citrix R&D India||CCIL|
|CSI-India||Cummins Group||Dim Dim||Flipkart|
|DE Shaw||Dell||Design Tribe||Embedded Infotech||Epic Solutions|
|Global Scholar||Headstrong||Ibex||Goldman Sachs|
|Xilinx India||Wipro||Worley Parson||Yahoo||YASU Technologies|
|VMware India||Waveaxis||Webaroo||Wells Fargo||Vitesse|
Scholarships offered by IIIT Hyderabad
IIT Hyderabad provides scholarships to the meritorious students to encourage their learning and to build competence in students pursuing higher education. There are many scholarship programs offered by IIIT Hyderabad. Some of the major scholarships are mentioned below:
- Pratibha Scholarship
It is a merit-cum-means scholarship offered by the Andhra State Government. To avail, the benefit of this scholarship student must be from Andhra and must have an annual family income of 1 lakh.
- IIIT-H Special Financial Assistance Scheme (ISFAS)
This scholarship is meant for the students who are willing to pursue higher education but are deprived of it due to family and financial constraints. It is a scholarship cum loan from the institute which has to be paid later. This is provided in the first semester, however, the assistance can be provided for the duration of the entire B.Tech depending upon the need of a student.
Check Why Choose IIT Roorkee?
Also, IIIT Hyderabad strives to provide financial aid to every student admitted to the institute depending upon the need of the student. The avenues for such assistance are mentioned below:
- State Bank of India (IIIT branch) provides a SBI Scholar student loan to students who secure admission at IIITH for up to 20 lakhs. The loan is provided without the need for any security. A student can apply for this even if the applicant’s family has other existing loans.
- The alumni of IIITH have set up a fund to support successfully admitted students based on their needs. The assistance is provided based on pay-it-forward* basis. This means that a graduated student (alumnus) is ready to fund the complete education of a currently studying student of college. The fund provides support in the following manner-
- Complete tuition fee reimbursement / waiver to the students admitted to IIITH whose family income is below INR 8 lakhs per annum.
- Students above a certain threshold of the income can also apply for the scholarship and the committee can view and provide scholarships for the same.
Tuition Fees for Courses Offered at IIIT Hyderabad
The institute is quite costly as compared to other IITs and NITs. But it also provides some financial aid to the students as mentioned above. However, offering the right value for money, IIIT Hyderabad keeps the standard high in terms of research and facilities provided. Given below is the fees for courses offered at IIIT Hyderabad-
|Courses||Years||Total Tuition Fees (INR)|
|B.Tech (Single Degree)||4||12,00,000|
|B.Tech (Dual Degree)||5||15,00,000|
Bifurcation of Fee Structure of IIIT Hyderabad
Given below is the bifurcation of 4-year course fee. Additional fees at the time of admission is charged. This might be charged at the time of private counselling held by the college. There is no reservation at IIIT Hyderabad and hence, there is no difference in fees for special categories.
|One Time Fees||10,000|
|Tuition Fees / sem||3,00,000|
|Other expenses / sem||1,800|
|Hostel Fee, Water and Electricity / Semester||18,000|
|Mess Fee / Semester||21,000|
FAQs on IIIT Hyderabad
Ans. The exposure provided at different institutions is different. IIIT Hyderabad offers B.Tech courses in only two specializations through JEE Main scores. This is to maintain the focus on these courses and provide maximum reach in terms of research to students in their respective field. Students of IIIT Hyderabad also go abroad to work with research groups.
Ans. IIIT Hyderabad does not offer any reservation for any of the categories. The admission is purely based on merit and the rank secured in JEE Main. No matter who you are, if you have secured a rank required for the admission in IIITH then you are eligible for this institute. However, IIITH targets 25% women intake in all courses and offers full tuition scholarships for those who need financial aid.
Ans. International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad is not participating in JoSAA Counselling. IIITH offers B.Tech admissions through the official portal of the college.
Ans. To be eligible for B.Tech programmes at IIITH, a candidate must have scored 60% or above in aggregate with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as the main subjects.
Ans. MS by Research makes you a part of the funded research from various private/public organizations in the college. Usually M.Tech is more study oriented while MS by Research is both study and research oriented. This gives students an experience of work culture and also helps them learn better with a highly intellectual working environment.