Last updated on August 20th, 2021
IIIT Hyderabad is an autonomous university that offers B.Tech degree programs in Computer Science and Electronics. The B.Tech program offered is for 4 years. IIIT Hyderabad Fee Structure varies as per the categories such as General, OBC, SC, ST.
- Each semester’s total fee as per IIIT Hyderabad Fee Structure is INR 3,58,000 for the B.Tech Program. IIIT Hyderabad charges other fees like Hostel Fee, Mess Fee, etc.
- The course offered is divided into 8 semesters, and the students are required to pay the tuition fee and other applicable charges each semester.
- Students must pay one-time charges and refundable caution money for the institute’s facilities for the first year.
Students can pay the IIIT Hyderabad Fee through the online mode as well as offline mode.
Also Check IIIT Hyderabad: JEE Main 2020 Cut Off
IIIT Hyderabad Fee Structure: Highlights
|Institute Name||IIIT Hyderabad|
|Total Semester Fees (B. Tech)||INR 3,58,000|
|Admissions via||JoSAA Counselling|
IIIT Hyderabad Fee Structure 2020-21 (B. Tech)
IIIT Hyderabad offers a single program or a dual degree program as per their choice. Students who wish to take up a single degree program can look at the table below to estimate the fee structure for the B. Tech program only. The fee structure has been slightly modified due to the COVID-19 global pandemic, which reduced various hostel and mess charges.
The below-mentioned fee structure is for the academic year 2020-21. The amount might get revised annually as per the instructions of the institute.
|Description||Semester 1 (In INR)||Semester 2 (In INR)||Semester 3 (In INR)||Semester 4 (In INR)|
|Caution Fee (Refundable)||10,000||–||–||–|
Note: Due to COVID-19, Students are expected to pay tuition fees only. Mess Advance, Hostel Overhead Charge, Hostel Charges will be collected once the institute reopens.
The per semester fee structure for B. Tech Dual Program remains the same as mentioned below. The duration for Dual Program is a 5 year program, and hence, the candidates are expected to make the payments accordingly.
Latest JEE Main News
- JoSAA Counselling 2021: Registrations Begin on 16 October 2021
- JEE Advanced 2021 Result Released: Read How to check, Rank List, Qualifying Marks
- WBJEE Counselling 2021: Registration Started on 28 September 2021
- JAC Delhi Counseling 2021 Registration Starts For B.Tech Program
- Predict College or Courses Using Your JEE Main Rank
IIIT Hyderabad Fee Structure for International Students
As specified by the university, IIIT Hyderabad Fee Structure for international students is different from that of native students.
- International students are expected to make a payment of INR 6000 as an application fee. The application fee is non-refundable and is paid using online mode only and submitting the online application form.
- A verification fee of USD 100 (i.e., INR 7,500) is to be paid.
- A tuition fee of USD 12000 (i.e., INR 9,00,000) is to be paid for the academic year 2020-21.
- The hostel and mess charges are the same as those being paid by the domestic students.
- The first-semester tuition fee for the academic year 2020-21 is USD 6000 (i.e., INR 4,50,000)
IIIT Hyderabad Fee Structure: Scholarships and Waivers
IIIT Hyderabad offers financial assistance and scholarships to the meritorious and deserving candidates.
- The State Bank of India grants a mortgage-free loan of Rs 20 lakhs for SBI Scholar Students.
- The alumni of the institute have a fund to support the students in need. It offers a guaranteed full tuition fee support to students whose family income is Rs 8 lakhs and below.
- Students who successfully attained a commendable score can ask for financial assistance on their merit basis.
- The institute also allows the pay it forward scheme where the graduate students agree to pay the current student’s tuition fee.
- A 25% fee waiver is given to all women candidates who get admitted through the JEE Main mode in the year 2020.
- IIIT Hyderabad provides multiple scholarship schemes for the undergraduate programs based on the merits of the candidates. The two significant scholarships offered by the institute are:
- Pratibha Scholarship
- IIIT Hyderabad financial assistance scheme, also known as ISFAS.
How to pay IIIT Hyderabad Fees?
Candidates can make their fee payment per semester either using the online or offline mode using the college website’s payment portal.
Mode of Payment
Admitted candidates can pay the applicable fees per the requested time by logging into their candidate id using their student credentials.
- Admitted candidates are expected to visit the official website of IIIT Hyderabad and select the “Pay Fees” option.
- On choosing the options mentioned above, candidates shall be redirected to the institute’s payment gateway portal.
- Students can summarize the amount they are expected to pay and the necessary subheadings in the redirected portal.
- After confirming the details, candidates can select the ‘Proceed’ option.
- Candidates then shall be redirected to a page where they need to choose the payment mode using which the students wish to make the payment.
- The options present include Online Banking, Debit Card, Credit card, or payment by cash/cheque at the SBI Branch.
- After successful payment, return to the IIIT Hyderabad e-transaction page and check the payment status.
- Candidates should keep a receipt of the charge.
- After a successful transaction, students are expected to send a copy of the same to the below-mentioned mail ids.
Bank Details For B.Tech Students
|Name of Bank||State Bank of India|
|Name of Payee||IIIT Hyderabad|
Note: The bank details might have been changed or might not be required at all if the fee payment is through an online payment gateway.
Instruction for IIIT Hyderabad Fees Payment
- The university accepts payment online as well as offline mode.
- Due to the pandemic situation, institutions do not take any offline mode of income for the time being. Hence, they request the candidates to make all the applicable charges using the online method only.
- Students should ensure making the fee payment at the beginning of each semester to avoid any delay.
- Because of the global pandemic, IIIT Hyderabad has shifted its learning from offline to online mode till the Government allows them to do vice versa. Due to the change, IIIT Hyderabad revised the Fee structure for the academic year 2020-21. Students are not expected to pay hostel fees, mess advance, and other optional charges till the institute reopens.
- The above information is subject to changes by IIIT Hyderabad authorities. Candidates who wish to get detailed information and exact data on IIIT Hyderabad Fees Structure refer to the official college website.