Last updated on August 20th, 2021 by user
Indian Institute of Information Technology Dharwad one of the IIITs, situated in Dharwad, Karnataka. IIIT Dharwad was established in the year 2015 and has been funded by the Government of India, Government of Karnataka and KEONICS (industry partner) jointly.>>
- It is an academic and research institute and was established under the non-profit Public-Private Partnership (PPP) model put forth by MHRD, Government of India.
- The transit campus of IIIT Dharwad is situated in the IT Park in Hubli, on the top floor.
- IIIT Dharwad campus of Hubli has a new and perfectly advanced setup computer as well as state-of-the-art electronics lab facilities, equipped with all the necessary equipment.
- IIITD admissions are handled by JoSAA based on All India Ranks in JEE Main.
- It started with just batches of 31 students in total, which then swelled comfortably and considerably.
Along with that, IIIT Dharwad boasts of excellent faculty, wholesome library and commendable campus atmosphere. Festivals are conducted all year round, hyping up cultural development in line with educational development. As for now, a proposal for a permanent campus is in the process, where the institute will be built in 61.06 acres of land, located in Tadasinakoppa, which is just a few minutes away from Dharwad. Read >>
IIIT Dharwad: Highlights
|College name||Indian Institute of Information Technology, Dharwad|
|Abbreviated as||IIIT Dharwad, IIITD|
|Located at||Dharwad, Karnataka|
|Type||Public-Private Partnership (PPP)|
|Entrance Test||JEE Main (B.Tech)|
- NIT Jalandhar: Admissions via JEE Main 2021
- Want to Get Admission in IIIT Lucknow? Check Admission Process and Cut Off
IIIT Dharwad: B.Tech Admissions via JEE Main 2021
IIIT Dharwad offers only three B.Tech Specializations, which might be less than what other institutes offer, but they make sure that the courses are well-equipped and taught perfectly well. Since, IIITD is also an institute set up by the government, the process of seat allotment is handled by JoSAA Counselling. IIIT Dharwad>>
B. Tech Courses Offered
The three B.Tech specializations offered at IIIT Dharwad are->>
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Data Science and Artificial Intelligence
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
Eligibility & Selection Criteria
- Students are supposed to have passed 10+2 from the science stream, with the compulsory subjects being Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. The student is supposed to have a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate.
- As for the selection process, admissions into the B.Tech programme will be based on JEE Main Results and attaining qualifying JEE Main Cut Off. The candidates have to also go through JoSAA Counselling to get a seat in their desired institute – in this case, IIIT Dharwad.
Also Read About>>
IIIT Dharwad Cut Off For Top B.Tech Courses
The IIIT Dharwad Cut Off has been low compared to other colleges. However, considering the closing ranks, the cut off is much higher than many top NITs is well. This shows the competition at IIIT Dharwad has been high. Given below are general category IIIT Dharwad Cut Off 2020 (Round 6).>>
|Courses||Opening Ranks||Closing Ranks|
|Computer Science and Engineering||16874||34219|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||30885||39697|
|Data Science and Artificial Intelligence||20491||34218|
IIIT Dharwad Cutoff Trends Read >>
Why Should You Choose IIIT Dharwad?
IIIT Dharwad is one of the young IIITs of India. The core reason for choosing IIITD would be its location among other top colleges of India such as IIT Dharwad and Karnataka University.>>
- Faculty at IIIT Dharwad include doctorates from renowned institutions from India and abroad. The research projects are also conducted at the college to improve the practical experience of the faculty as well as students.
- The main Campus of IIIT Dharwad is set around a beautiful landscape with lush greenery. It is spread on a 60-acre plot between Hubbali-Dharwad which is on the path to become 2nd largest urban city after Bangalore.
- IIIT Dharwad Cut Offs are considerably high. The college does not take admissions below 35k. To reach there, one still needs to beat at least 9 lakh candidates competing in the open category. This shows the batches are composed of bright students.
IIIT Dharwad Cut Off For B.Tech Specializations
IIIT Dharwad 2021 cut off will be based on some deciding factors, including the difficulty level of JEE Main 2021, the total number of individuals that came to the examination, seat availability. Aspiring candidates can check the complete IIIT Dharwad Cut Off 2020 below. The cut off is provided at opening and closing ranks from the JoSAA Counselling 2020, Round 6.>>
Computer Science and Engineering
|Category||Opening Ranks||Closing Ranks|
Data Science and Artificial Intelligence
|Category||Opening Ranks||Closing Ranks|
Electronics and Communication Engineering
|Category||Opening Ranks||Closing Ranks|
Faculty at IIIT Dharwad
The Faculty of IIIT Dharwad is highly skilled & qualified. Almost all of them are equipped with their Post-Doctoral and PhDs from nationally-reputed colleges and institutes.>>
- The faculty makes sure that they are bringing the right amount of research, teaching and industrial experience to the classrooms.
- Also, the Director, Prof. Kavi Mahesh, of the institute, is a capable individual, having a commendable experience in industry and academia, having acquired it from India as well as the USA.
- The faculty of IIIT Dharwad makes sure that the students are getting sufficient knowledge and that too, in an interactive and fun way.
The faculty for both the branches, i.e. CSE and ECE is the same, with the director being the part of the teaching faculty as well. Check >>
Facilities at IIIT Dharwad
All of the IIITs around India have basic facilities, but they also go one step forward to introduce the whole proper set of amenities that not many colleges would provide that easily.>>
- To start with, the library of the institute is a computerized one, which has more than 4000 volumes and also has the latest newspapers and magazines, thus proving itself to be the ultimate knowledge centre for both, faculties as well as students.
- As IIIT Dharwad is also a residential institute, the campus consists of four hostels in total, three for boys and one for girls. It is equipped with Wi-Fi facility, 24 hours water supply – with hot water facility – and separate mess.
- The laboratories are well-maintained and advanced, providing a first-hand learning experience.
- Moreover, the sports facilities are abundant, encouraging cricket, basketball, volleyball, football, badminton, chess, table tennis and indoor sports too.
- There are medical facilities available too, in case someone on campus needs immediate medical attention.
Along with that, there are a cafeteria, canteen, bank and ATM facilities within the campus. The main campus of IIITD is still under construction at Tadasinakoppa near Dharwad. Read >>
IIIT Dharwad Placements
Since the institute is fairly new, not many batches have passed on – certainly, those batches can be measured on the fingers of your hands. A whole lot of companies come to the institute, including the popular and well-known ones such as Aissel, Wipro, IBM, Intel, Microsoft, Deloitte, Samsung and Infosys as well as a semiconductor devices company, based in Bangalore. IIIT Dharwad Placement 2020 Highlights>>
|% of Eligible Students||94%|
|Highest CTC Offered||INR 11 LPA|
|Lowest CTC Offered||INR 5 LPA|
|Average CTC Offered||INR 7 LPA|
IIIT Dharwad Placement Report Check >>
IIIT Dharwad Scholarships
This institute does not provide any direct scholarships as of yet. However, the college does provide students with financial assistance in forms of easy education loans from various banks.>>
- There is also the provision of entrusting educational loans to the students coming from economically weaker backgrounds.
- Applying for scholarships, especially those initiated by the Government of India is possible since IIITD is a centrally-funded institution.
- The official website also provides necessary info on availing educational loans for B.Tech.
- Various Scholarships Provided by the IIIT Sri City?
- PEC Chandigarh: Fee Structure and Scholarships Offered
Fee Structure for B.Tech at IIIT Dharwad
The fee structure will include tuition fees as well as one-time admission fees, insurance fees and caution deposit that every institute takes from all the students. Day scholars need not pay any hostel fees. The entire IIIT Dharwad fees is described below –>>
|Tuition Fees/semester||Rs 80,000/-|
|Admission Fee (one-time payment)||Rs 10,000/-|
|Caution Deposit (Refundable)||Rs 10,000/-|
|Hostel & Mess Charges / semester||Rs 40,000/|
|Hostel Caution Deposit (refundable)||Rs 5,000/-|
You Might Like>>
IIIT Dharwad FAQs
Ans. IIIT Dharwad doesn’t have a permanent campus as such for now. It operates from its transit campus, which is located on the third floor of IT Park, Hubli, Dharwad. A proposal of the permanent campus is in play for the moment and will probably be established in Tadasinakoppa, which is just a few minutes away from Dharwad.
Ans. IIIT Dharwad has one of the most efficient undergraduate programmes and is known to offer two specializations under the B. Tech degree – Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) and Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE).
Ans. If one wishes to get into B.Tech program of IIITD, then one has to pass JEE Main examination as well as appear for JoSAA counselling – only then will he or she can get in the institute.
Ans. The selection criteria for B. Tech programme is the same as the process of admission that is carried out – students have to clear the JEE Main cut-off and go through JoSAA Counselling to even be eligible for the selection in IIIT Dharwad.