IIITBH (or IIIT-BBSR), International Institute of Information Technology, Bhubaneswar is a renowned institute that came into existence in 2006. The foundation stone of this college was laid by the then President of India, Dr APJ Abdul Kalam. The institute provides several degree programs to the qualified and shortlisted aspirants at UG, PG and doctoral level. IIIT Bhubaneswar is amongst the Top Engineering colleges in the country. The All India Council for Technical Education has approved IIIT Bhubaneswar for offering several B. Tech, M.Tech and research programmes.
- The institute is surrounded by the lush green campus of around 50 acres, has an academic building, central library, several research centres, workshops, hostel facilities, sports facilities etc.
- IIIT Bhubaneswar offers admission for several courses. The institute is AAA+ ranked college. It has MoUs with several foreign universities such as the University of North Texas and the National University of Singapore. This helps the college with student exchange programmes.
- IIIT Bhubaneswar placements in 2020 witnessed tremendous success, more than 200 students got placed at different companies. Admissions at IIIT Bhubaneswar are granted based on the candidates’ performance in JEE Main exam.
IIIT Bhubaneswar: Highlights
|Placement rate: 2019-20||More than 90%|
|Type of Programs||B.Tech, M.Tech, PhD|
|Admission Criteria||JEE Main, GATE|
|Mode of education||Regular|
IIIT Bhubaneswar: B.Tech Admissions via JEE Main
IIIT Bhubaneswar is a leading institute that offers B. Tech, M. Tech, among other programs in different specializations. IIIT Bhubaneswar offers a total of five courses at B. Tech level. The institute is a Unitary Technical University. As of 2019, there are more than 1200 undergraduate students at IIIT Bhubaneswar pursuing B.Tech in various specializations.
B. Tech Courses Offered at IIT Bhubaneswar
IIIT Bhubaneswar offers the following specializations in B.Tech course as mentioned below-
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Information Technology
- Computer Engineering
- Electronics and Telecomm Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Also Read | Top IIITs in India, NIRF Rankings, Fees and More
Eligibility Criteria for B.Tech at IIIT Bhubaneswar
- The candidate must have passed Class 10+2. Also, they need to secure a minimum aggregate of 45% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in 10+2. Top 20 percentile rule is not applicable here.
- The candidate with a valid JEE Main Rank will be considered for admissions at IIIT Bhubaneswar.
- The entire selection procedure will be based on the candidates’ score in JEE Main Result.
Admissions and Counselling Process for B.Tech at IIIT Bhubaneswar
- At IIITBH, 50% of the seats are allocated for the students of Odisha.
- Also, the institute holds seats for SC/ST and other categories as per government norms.
- The remaining seats will be allocated to the students from the rest of the country.
- For the students living in Odisha, IIITBH takes its own counselling, while for rest of India, seats are allotted via JoSAA Counselling or CSAB Counselling.
- IIIT Bhubaneswar considers JEE Main score for offering admission to B.Tech course.
- The selection will be granted on the basis of the score of JEE Main and IIITBH Cut Off for various specializations.
IIIT Bhubaneswar Cut Off for Top B.Tech Courses
IIIT Bhubaneswar offers B.Tech program in 5 streams which include Computer Science and Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, Electronics and Telecomm Engineering, and Electrical and Electronics Engineering. The candidates aiming to apply for these courses must qualify in JEE Main and apply for IIITBH counselling as well. The JEE Main Cut Offs will finally decide the seat allotment for student.s
Given below are IIIT Bhubaneswar Cut Off for general category in their top B.Tech courses-
|B.Tech Specialisation||JEE Main Cut Off 2019 (OR – CR)|
|Computer Science and Engineering||13518-22614|
|Information Technology Engineering||23296-26006|
|Electronics and Telecomm Engineering||22698-34398|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering||32478-37579|
Also Check | IIIT Bangalore: Top B.Tech Courses, Cut Off and More
Academics at IIIT Bhubaneswar During COVID-19
Due to the closure of several campuses and colleges across India, several leading educational institutes and universities prepare themselves for the online classes. IIIT Bhubaneswar also rolled out various options to offer online classes to the students.
- According to IIIT Director Professor, Gopal Nayak, the institute adopted several innovative ways of remote learning, online lecture, virtual laboratories, protected valuation system, Google classrooms, etc. to cope up with the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Earlier, the university opted for live online streaming of the theory classes to offer education to the students. Students are allowed to take live video lectures from their desktop, laptop or even from their mobile phone as well
- Despite the challenging time, IIIT Bhubaneswar has achieved 91% placement of its pass-outs in the last academic year (2019-20).
Must Read | How is IIT Bombay Coping with COVID-19?
Why Should You Choose IIIT Bhubaneswar?
Established in 2006, IIIT Bhubaneswar offers admission to the qualifying students only. The institute offers admission to the B.Tech, M.Tech courses and students with a 12th passing certificate can fill the application form for these courses.
- The placements statistics of IIIT Bhubaneswar 2020 recorded remarkable results, more than 200 students got placed. Highest CTC from Computer Science & Engineering batch was INR 40 LPA by Microsoft.
- IIIT-BBSR cut-offs do not go very high. The cut-off ranks as per last rounds of counselling are low but high enough to maintain a good and a standard batch with bright, intellectual students.
- World-class facilities are offered to the students. Several personality development programs are also arranged for the students. Even though IIIT-BBSR does not rank with top NITs or top-tier IITs, it comprises faculty from these top colleges and provides an excellent education.
- Smart classrooms, with high-speed data and virtual learning, global exposure via student-exchange programmes, intensive and rigorous study programs, yoga & meditation facilities are some other major highlights of IIIT Bhubaneswar.
IIIT Bhubaneswar Cut Off For B.Tech Specializations
Below mentioned is the IIIT Bhubaneswar cut off for B.Tech Specialisations offered through JEE Main. These cutoffs are for admission based on JEE Main 2019 Closing Ranks of JoSAA Counselling Round 7.
The cut-offs given below are for students of other states. The home state cut off would be much lower than these cutoffs but are not released by IIITBH-
|Category||Cut Off (OR – CR)|
Computer Science and Engineering
|Category||Cut Off (OR – CR)|
|Category||Cut Off (OR – CR)|
Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering
|Category||Cut Off (OR – CR)|
Electrical and Electronics Engineering
|Category||Cut Off (OR – CR)|
Also Check | Top NITs and Their Cut Offs
Latest News Updates
- JEE Main 2020 Admit Card Released on Jeemain.nic.in. Download Now
- JEE Main 2020 Day 1: Check Exam Updates and JEE Main Paper Analysis
- Registrations For JoSAA Counselling To Begin From 6th October
- Check JEE Main Participating Colleges
- JEE Advanced 2020: Revised Schedule Released, Registration Starts from 11 September
IIIT Bhubaneswar: Reservation
At IIITBH, 50% of seats are reserved for the students belonging to Odisha. Other reservation rules meant for SC/ST and other categories are applicable as per Government of India rules. The 50% all India seats have a reservation as per JoSAA rules or JEE Main Reservation Criteria.
Note: 5% reservation is application category-wide for PwD Candidates of each category.
Faculty at IIIT Bhubaneswar
Many well-known professors, teachers, etc. work at the institute. No matter which course students are studying here, they will get a chance to learn from the finest minds of that field. Some of the young, qualified and dedicated professors offering teachings at IIIT Bhubaneswar include:
- Ajaya Dash – Assistant Professor (Computer Science & Engineering)
- Ajit Kumar Das – Professor, Computer Science & Engineering
- Dr Alok Ranjan Nayak – Assistant Professor, Basic Sciences
- Ajith K. K.- Assistant Professor, Electronics and Telecom Engineering
- Dr Anjali Mohapatra – Assistant Professor, Computer Science & Engineering
- Bharati Mishra – Assistant Professor
Also Check | NIT Surathkal: Placements, Cut Offs, Fees and More
Various Facilities Provided at IIIT Bhubaneswar Campus
IIIT Bhubaneswar offers several world-class infrastructures and superb facilities to the students studying here. A variety of facilities enjoyed by the students studying here include:
- The central library of IIIT Bhubaneswar has a huge collection of books and journals, the library has subscriptions to almost 130000 e-books, 9 printed journals, 500 e-journals, 12 magazines and 12 newspapers. The library is also an active member of the British Council of Online Library.
- IIIT Bhubaneswar has separate hostels for boys and girls. Total students that can be accommodated here are 1600 students.
- Several facilities like washing machines, common rooms equipped with HD LCD TV, indoor sports area, etc. are offered to the students.
- Huge Cafeteria, Wi-Fi Campus, a large auditorium, convenience store, etc. are some other major attractions here.
Also Read | Student Facilities at IIT Delhi
IIIT Bhubaneswar: Placement Report
IIIT Bhubaneswar (IIITBH) witnesses an impressive and successful placement rate in the last academic year. Almost 20 companies participated in the placement drive arranged at the campus. The highest package offered was INR 44 LPA and more than 270 students got placements. Some of the businesses that took part in the final placement drive include Aptus Data Labs, Drubus, Ernst & Young, GyanSys, Hitachi Consulting, etc.
IIIT Bhubaneswar Placements Highlights 2020
- In the placement drive of 2020, several MNCs and startups took part.
- The highest CTC offered in B.Tech batch was INR 44 LPA by Microsoft. The second best offer was by Amazon at INR 30 LPA.
- The lowest package offered was INR 3.5 LPA. However, on an average top 50% of students were placed at above INR 8 LPA.
- Total offers made to the students were 270.
- Microsoft, TCS, Aditya Birla Group, Amdocs, CapGemini, CDK Global, Customized Technologies, Envestnet, IBM, Infosys, etc. were among the few leading recruiters that took part in the placement round.
IIIT Bhubaneswar: Top Recruiters (& CTCs) in B.Tech
Also Read | How Good Are Placements at IIT Kanpur?
IIIT Bhubaneswar: Scholarships
This college offers several scholarships to the students which are mentioned below.
- G B Scholarship – The award under this scholarship is for top three students of each B.Tech branch. The amount of scholarship for 1st, 2nd and 3rd rankers are given below-
- First Topper: INR 20000 per annum
- Second Topper: INR 15000 per annum
- Third Topper: INR 10000 per annum
- CAFAS / Medhabruti by Department of Higher Education: INR 10000 each year for four years B.Tech program will be offered to the students
- VIKAS Educational Charitable Trust’s scholarships: INR 25000 each year will be awarded, and the award amount might increase based on the needs of the student availing this scholarship.
- Prerna by SC ST development board for SC/ ST / OBC: The amount varies from INR 20000 to 60000 each year. The scholarship is awarded based on merit for specific categories.
Besides these, there are several state government and central government agencies that offer scholarships to deserving students. The students can contact their relations office who will assist them in availing such opportunities.
Fee Structure for B.Tech at IIIT Bhubaneswar
The fee structure for different courses at IIIT Bhubaneswar is mentioned below:
|Type||1st year||2nd year||3rd year||4th year|
|Tuition Fee (per semester)||78,000||85,000||91,000||98,000|
|Library & IT Services (per semester)||7,000||7,500||7,500||8,000|
|University Registration Fee (One Time)||5,000||–||–||–|
|Refundable Security Deposit (One Time)||13,000||–||–||–|
|Examination Fee (per semester)||2,000||2,250||2,250||2,500|
|Student Welfare (per semester)||1,200||1,500||1,500||1,800|
|Placement Fee (per semester)||1,750||2,000||2,000||2,250|
*The fee structure is subject to change. The fees given above are for general category students pursuing B.Tech at IIIT Bhubaneswar.
Hostel & Mess Charges
Given below are hostel and mess charges which are to be paid separately by students of IIIT Bhubaneswar. Hostel accommodation also includes electricity and water charges.
|Type||1st year||2nd-3rd year||4th year|
|Triple Sharing Rooms (per semester)||10,000||12,000||14,000|
|Double Sharing Rooms (per semester)||14,000||16,000||18,000|
|Single Sharing Rooms (per semester)||20,000||24,000||28,000|
|Mess Fixed Overhead Charges (per semester)||2,250|
Other than the ones given above, there are certain charges which are to be paid by the college students as per the actual expenditure incurred. These include power and backup charges, group health insurance, conveyance charges etc. Alumni Fee is also charged at INR 300 each semester.
IIIT Bhubaneswar FAQs
Ans. There are a total of 150 seats available under 50% All India Quota. Each branch has 30 seats under All India Quota.
Ans. The candidate planning to apply for any of the courses can apply online by filling the application form. Candidates are supposed to fill the personal details, educational details, etc. accurately while applying.
Ans. The institute was converted to a university by the government of Odisha in 2014. Presently, IIITBH is fully owned and operated by the government of Odisha, the government offers funds for infrastructure creation.
Ans. IIITB is a good technical college and it is well equipped with all the latest and modern facilities such as modern infrastructure, qualified and renowned faculty members, affordable fee structure and much more. So, it is definitely worth taking up your 4-year graduation from this college.
Ans. Yes, the institute offers Tuition Fee Waiver Schemes to the needy students. The scholarship is offered to the top three toppers only in the form of an Educational loan. The institute is committed to offering knowledge to students to meet the real-life challenges of the country and need additional funds to support their studies.