IIIT Bhopal which was established in 2017, is amongst the 19 new IIITs established under a non-profit public-private partnership scheme initiated by the Ministry of HRD. IIIT Bhopal is operating under the ownership of the Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology (MANIT), Bhopal. Indian Institute of Information Technology Bhopal is performing its operations with three streams in B. Tech including, ECE, CSE, and IT. MANIT Bhopal is the mentor Institute and Director MANIT Bhopal is mentor Director of IIIT Bhopal.
- Compared to other IIITs, IIIT Bhopal is a recently established institute.
- The campus of IIIT Bhopal is spread on 50 acres of land and all kinds of basic amenities like a library, sports complex, labs, Wi-Fi, etc. are offered to the students.
- IIIT Bhopal is a leading institute that is focused on offering quality education to the students.
- Similar to the top engineering colleges in India, the institute has three departments which include Computer Science and Engineering, Information Technology and Electronics and Communication Engineering that together offer a full-time UGC-approved B. Tech program.
- Indian Institute of Information Technology Bhopal has a separate placement cell that offers training to the students. Since the institute was established in 2017, students presently are pursuing their studies here.
IIIT Bhopal Highlights
|Placement rate: 2019-20||100%|
|Type of Programs||B. Tech|
|Admission Criteria||JEE Main|
|Mode of education||Regular|
|Number of courses offered||1 course|
IIIT Bhopal: B. Tech Admission through JEE Main
The institute also conducts counselling sessions which are managed and regulated by JoSAA (Joint Seat Allocation Authority). The candidates will be allotted seats in seven rounds of JoSAA counselling 2020 and the seat allocation will be based on the college cutoff and individual’s preference for courses and colleges.
Mostly, the registration and choice filling of JoSAA starts from the third week of June, the mode of filling the form is online. The left out seats for B. Tech program after all the seven rounds of JoSAA counselling will be filled through special rounds of CSAB counselling.
Eligibility Criteria for IIIT Bhopal
- The candidates who passed 10+2 with not less than 75% marks are entitled to apply for the B. Tech course at IIIT Bhopal.
- Based on the candidate’s performance in JEE Main, they will be asked to appear for JoSAA/CSAB counselling.
- The candidates must be a class 12 pass out students and secured at least 75% aggregate with Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry/ Biology/ Biotechnology as compulsory subjects
- The entire selection procedure will be based on JEE Main score.
- Document verification and seat allotment work will be done in the counselling session.
- The registration process to get admissions to an undergraduate engineering program at IIIT Bhopal, mostly starts in the starting week of August.
- The seat allotment process for the aspirants planning to get admission through CSAB counselling will end by August.
- The minimum age to apply for a UG course at IIIT Bhopal is 17 years or above.
- There is no upper age limit.
IIIT Bhopal Admission Process for B. Tech through JEE Main 2020
The application form for B. Tech course offered by the institute is offered online. Admissions to UG courses will be granted through the Central Seat Allocation Board (CSAB) by the Joint Seat Allocation Authority, by the Government of India. Students planning to apply here must visit the official website to do the registration task.
B. Tech Courses Offered at IIIT Bhopal
Indian Institute of Information Technology Bhopal is a leading institute that presently offers one B. Tech programs in three different specializations. The B. Tech program here is a four-year duration course which is divided into eight semesters with an annual intake of 66 students in each of its specializations.
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Computer Science Engineering
- Information Technology
JEE Main Cut off for B.Tech Specialization
We have tabulated JEE Main cut off closing ranks of the past two years below.
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||34925||36847|
|Computer Science and Engineering||28724||31823|
Study At IIIT Bhopal During COVID-19
Amid the closure of several campuses and universities across India, many leading engineering institutes are preparing beneficial plans for the students to meet the Covid-19 challenge. Indian Institute of Information Technology Bhopal also looks for various options including online classes so that studies of the students don’t get affected.
- Students can effectively continue their studies through NDLI amid COVID-19 lockdown and closure of educational institutes.
- On behalf of National Digital Library of India, IIIT Bhopal urges all the students to avail study from home option.
- Video lectures, questions and answers, web course Notes, etc., on several topics, will be made available for the students.
- Students can select the relevant discipline button to access the content relevant to them.
Why choose IIIT Bhopal?
Established in 2017, Indian Institute of Information Technology Bhopal offers B. Tech admission to the qualifying students, the institute is making facilities related to higher education, research and training more accessible to the students.
- IIIT Bhopal is a recently established institute aimed at promoting higher education in the country.
- Although the first batch of the college is yet to graduate, so there are no placement stats available. However, IIIT Bhopal offers internships through the Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology Placement Cell.
IIIT Bhopal: JEE Main Cut Off For B. Tech Specializations
IIIT Bhopal offers B. Tech program in three streams: Computer Science and Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, and Information Technology.
The cut-off list for 2020 JEE Main will be announced only after the exams get over. The candidates can go through the below-mentioned JEE Main cut off for 2019 so that they can have an understanding of the anticipated cut off in 2020.
Computer Science and Engineering
Electronics and Communication Engineering
Latest News Updates
- JEE Main 2020 Admit Card Released on Jeemain.nic.in. Download Now
- JEE Main 2020 Day 1: Check Exam Updates and JEE Main Paper Analysis
- Registrations For JoSAA Counselling To Begin From 6th October
- Check JEE Main Participating Colleges
- JEE Advanced 2020: Revised Schedule Released, Registration Starts from 11 September
IIIT Bhopal: Reservation through JEE Main Counselling
The reservation percentage of categories for admission granted based on JEE Main reservation is mentioned below:
|Categories||JEE Main Reservation Percentage|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5%|
Faculty at IIIT Bhopal
IIIT Bhopal has pledged to get itself recognized as a leader in Information Technology related science and engineering.
- The Institute aspires to build a firm foundation for education and research.
- A high-quality faculty base and long-sighted vision are the two requisites to achieve this.
- Aiming to be a fountainhead of new ideas and innovations in technology and science, IIIT Bhopal is to create an ambience in which new ideas, research and scholarship flourish and from which the leaders, innovators and IT entrepreneurs of tomorrow will emerge.
- IIIT Bhopal is commencing its operations with three programs viz B.Tech ECE, CSE, and IT.
Various Facilities Provided at IIIT Bhopal Campus
The classes of IIIT Bhopal are conducted at the New Teaching Block of MANIT Bhopal till any further orders from the department.
- Academic and other facilities of MANIT Bhopal are shared by the students of IIIT Bhopal as well, based on eth availability and requirements.
- IIIT Bhopal offers hostel facilities for boys and girls students. Separate hostels are provided at the Hostels of Rajiv Gandhi Proudyogiki Vishwavidyalaya Bhopal in its campus.
- A cafeteria is available inside the campus for the students to enjoy some tasty dishes. Students can enjoy good quality and hygienic food at the most affordable rate.
- There is a separate playground space available for playing cricket, football, etc. There are several indoor games, which can be played by the students in their free time. IIIT Bhopal also organizes several sports competitions to motivate students.
IIIT Bhopal: Placement Report
Since Indian Institute of Information Technology Bhopal was established in 2017, its first batch has not graduated yet and hence, there are no placement stats available.
However, there is a separate Training and Placement Cell that was established recently for the students.
Scholarships Offered by IIIT Bhopal
IIIT Bhopal offers several scholarships to the economically weaker students and meritorious students get fee waiver option as well.
Types of scholarships offered here include:
- Mukhya Mantri Medhavi Vidyarthi Yojana – MMVY
- Ambedkar Post Matric Scholarship for EBC Students, Rajasthan
- The students belonging to general but EBC category are eligible to apply.
- In case the annual income of the family is lesser than INR 1 Lakh, students are eligible to apply.
- Post Matric Scholarships for OBC students
- Must be a resident of Madhya Pradesh
- Must belong to OBC category
- Be pursuing studies at post-matriculation or post-secondary level
- Candidates whose annual family income is less than INR 3,00,000 can apply
- Post Matric Scholarships for SC students
- Students need to be a resident of Madhya Pradesh.
- The annual income of the family must be less than INR 1,00,000 to get a scholarship.
- The annual income of the family should vary from INR 1,00,000 and INR 6,00,000 (to get 50% scholarship)
- Vikramaditya Yojna for General/ OBC
- Student(s) belonging to the GENERAL/OBC category whose family annual income is less than 54000 can apply for this scheme.
Tuition Fees For Courses Offered at IIIT Bhopal
The fee structure for B. Tech course for the duration of 4 years is INR 4,79,000 offered at Indian Institute of Information Technology Bhopal.
|Particulars||Amount in INR|
|One time Fees||16,500|
IIIT Bhopal FAQs
Ans. The application process for B. Tech courses starts in April. The candidates who want to pursue an engineering course can refer to the official website during this period for any updates.
Ans. The aspirants planning to take admission to UG courses must have cleared 10+2 and appeared for the JEE Main as well.
Ans. For B. Tech courses, the candidate can apply online by submitting a duly completed application form. Candidates are supposed to fill their details, educational details and score obtained in the competitive exam to get considered for the course.
Ans. There are three specializations offered which include:
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Information Technology
Ans. Yes, the students appearing for the final examination are eligible to apply for B. Tech courses here. The candidate must have completed 17 years of age on or before December 31st.
Ans. N.S. Raghuwanshi, who is primarily the director of Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology, is managing IIIT Bhopal.